It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439209 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1525 on: March 28, 2020, 05:42:28 PM »
Effective March 26, any traveller from a country affected by COVID-19 must self isolate for 14 days upon entering Belarus.  Keep in mind, Belarus has a security apparatus in place which can ensure this is enforced.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

So I guess anyone from Libya cannot go to Belarus since they are infected with COVID-19. One case reported!!!! )))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1526 on: March 28, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »
Billy

It is you that is trying too hard to defend the indefensible.

Do you know the meaning of disappointed?

The American people will judge next election and either I or you will learn the meaning of disappointment. I have an idea for Trump. Due to the virus crisis, he should use his executive powers to postpone the election till 2024 for everybody's safety.

Anyone know if Belarus has a travel ban on Americans or anyone else? I know Ukraine and Russia do at the moment so I thought Belarus might be a potential backup since it sounds like they've been hit the least hard and have the least lockdown measures of anyone in Europe. Can't find any info online though.

With mandatory 14 day quarantines for foreigners happening in many nations, flight restrictions being added on a daily basis, flights being cancelled often, the possibility of not coming home, not to mention there's a killer virus running loose, I have to ask, how hot is the girl?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

« Reply #1527 on: March 28, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »

With mandatory 14 day quarantines for foreigners happening in many nations, flight restrictions being added on a daily basis, flights being cancelled often, the possibility of not coming home, not to mention there's a killer virus running loose, I have to ask, how hot is the girl?

The countries he mentioned are closed...no entry for foreigners....so NO quarantine needed.

Maybe this girl is so hot...….. she is a COVID-20
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1528 on: March 28, 2020, 06:26:27 PM »
Apparently Ukraine has recently entered into a lockdown too similar to the UK with just Supermarkets & pharmacies open. Many businesses forced to shut, so I wonder what that will do for the Ukrainian economy. Some people will be able to work from home there but guessing many will be unemployed as a result and will have to claim the dole at its measly rate out there.

If that's not enough it looks like thousands of Ukrainian workers have flooded to the border from EU countries such as Poland to get back into Ukraine before they close the border, it looks like mayhem there:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/news/484331-ukraine-poland-border-coronavirus/amp/

So Ukraine will have even more workers that it won't need and Ukrainians that were sending money home at a good rate that no longer will.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1529 on: March 28, 2020, 06:32:08 PM »
Pound strong against the ghrivna and rising, nearly 35 grivna to the pound.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1530 on: March 28, 2020, 06:53:55 PM »
good news peeps...

curve is starting to flatten on Corona infections...
the social distancing is beginning to have some effect...
we're still growing, but, up until today, we were growing FASTER and FASTER each day....
but today, we just kinda slowed down to just plain 'ole FASTER now...
but this is only the first day that the rate of infection decreased instead of increased....
let's give it a few more days to see if it is a trend

if the rate of infection increase continues to decrease
then it peaks, and then infection rate drops
and will drop to some lower number, say 10% of peak
and will stay at this plateau and continue
until either quarantine ends or flu season restarts it, or both at the same time
and it takes off again

then we go on to the next peak
by then 1 out of 5 have already been touched by this virus
and it's still raging just as strong as ever

and there will be more and more peaks
and more and more new strains of the virus
at least one or two new ones every year
and your immunity to a particular strain will last about 3 years

I wish I could buy life insurance on every single American over the age of 60...
the only problem is that by the end of next year there will not be a single solvent insurance company of any kind....

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:02:37 PM by krimster2 »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1531 on: March 28, 2020, 07:29:50 PM »

Legal? Who cares if it's legal? States right now around NY are mobilizing their National Guard and police to stop New Yorkers from coming in.
Fascinating how New Yorkers are becoming the new Okies.   Perhaps soon us Californian's will be treated the same way! 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline ML

« Reply #1532 on: March 28, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »
Belarus might be a potential backup since it sounds like they've been hit the least hard

Do you not understand that countries such a Belarus simply do not tell the truth ???????
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1533 on: March 28, 2020, 08:19:33 PM »

Scientists now detect 8 strains of the coronavirus running loose and there may be other strains out there they haven't detected yet.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/8-strains-coronavirus-circling-globe-182338255.html

Putin said with near certainty that Russia can defeat the virus in 2-3 months time.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-comes-kremlin-010407610.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1534 on: March 28, 2020, 08:35:37 PM »
Scientists now detect 8 strains of the coronavirus running loose and there may be other strains out there they haven't detected yet.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/8-strains-coronavirus-circling-globe-182338255.html

Putin said with near certainty that Russia can defeat the virus in 2-3 months time.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-comes-kremlin-010407610.html
Brazil's leader Bolsonaro
Brazilian President Bolsonaro suggested his people are naturally immune to the coronavirus, claiming they can swim in sewage and 'nothing happens'

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro suggested without evidence that Brazilians have a natural immunity for the coronavirus.

He said on Thursday Brazilians "never catch anything" — adding that they can swim in sewage "and nothing happens."

Bolsonaro has been criticized for not taking the coronavirus outbreak seriously, and ignored doctors' advice to self-isolate even after officials close to him tested positive. At least 77 people have died of COVID-19 in Brazil so far..

http://news.yahoo.com/brazilian-president-bolsonaro-suggested-people-140144952.html 

Fathertime! 

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline based_zoomer1997

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1535 on: March 28, 2020, 10:19:25 PM »
Effective March 26, any traveller from a country affected by COVID-19 must self isolate for 14 days upon entering Belarus.  Keep in mind, Belarus has a security apparatus in place which can ensure this is enforced.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Thanks, where did you get that info? I'd like to keep updated.

How can you have such thoughts? For instance, how do you get into Belarus, where is connecting flight from..…..certainly not from USA.
It would go to London first, I wouldn't be going until June though, if things have hopefully calmed down by then.

Lol, well I'm counting on the quarantines being lifted by June, if they're not I'll cancel of course. I figure the threat of catching the virus in America is a lot higher than it would be there too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:26:29 PM by based_zoomer1997 »

Offline BC

« Reply #1536 on: March 29, 2020, 01:38:45 AM »
The American people will judge next election and either I or you will learn the meaning of disappointment. I have an idea for Trump. Due to the virus crisis, he should use his executive powers to postpone the election till 2024 for everybody's safety.

His term ends on Jan 20 2021.

I expect absentee ballots and extension of the early voting period would be the last resort.  Not really bad ideas.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1537 on: March 29, 2020, 04:18:23 AM »
Apparently roughly 71 percent of deaths in Italy from Coronavirus are men, a staggeringly high proportion. Again globally more men are catching and dieing of Coronavirus than women:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/men-are-much-more-likely-to-die-from-coronavirus-but-why

Perhaps all us men should just self isolate, lol.

Deaths have passed 10,000 in total in Italy today.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1538 on: March 29, 2020, 04:28:44 AM »
Should be interesting to see whether Ukraine bringing in its lockdown earlier than many western nations have done will make for a smaller outbreak:

http://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/covid-19-death-toll-rises-to-9-in-ukraine-with-418-cases.html

So, so far 418 cases, whether that is too late already to avoid the same as in the west remains to be seen.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1539 on: March 29, 2020, 05:10:50 AM »
Trench,

More men smoked..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1540 on: March 29, 2020, 05:30:58 AM »
Trench,

More men smoked..

19 percent of women to 28 percent of men, but around twice the number of men die as women. It could be due to some anomaly in the statistics such as more older men smoking than younger. The researchers in the article seemed to think that men have in general not as great an immune system as women.

If it is down more to smoking then fortunately I have never smoked ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1541 on: March 29, 2020, 07:11:10 AM »
Been thinking that the main issue in Ukraine is probably going to be the economy more than anything. If the lockdown goes on a while and it's workers kept out of the EU from working then that's probably going to be quite an economic toll for the population. That and the conflict still going on in the east of Ukraine. Back to being locked into Ukraine with the economy going back downhill I would presume. With western men not coming in on flights that's probably going to be another economic hit.

I'm guessing this virus crises will have the effect in Europe of returning many people to their respective nations, permanently for most perhaps.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1542 on: March 29, 2020, 07:45:15 AM »
Been thinking

No... you haven't

The end !

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1543 on: March 29, 2020, 07:54:51 AM »
No... you haven't

The end !

Hmmn? You ok Mobers?

Offline msmob

« Reply #1544 on: March 29, 2020, 08:08:43 AM »
A true story ..

In the UK Registered Medical Doctors are regulated by the GMC .

One of my biz partners is a retired Surgeon. He got an email from the GMC on Thursday, asking him to fill in a questionnaire as to what he'd like to do in the crisis..

He was a Gynaecologist and didn't know how to answer the question option re dealing with patients  :  'face to face' .. ?  ;)

He answered, truthfully,  'other' -  that he had been used to, "addressing the nether regions" and was sent an email by return  that he was ( once more)  a practising practitioner !..

I wonder what role he'll be given ....?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 01:06:26 PM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1545 on: March 29, 2020, 08:54:25 AM »
Apparently roughly 71 percent of deaths in Italy from Coronavirus are men, a staggeringly high proportion. Again globally more men are catching and dieing of Coronavirus than women:

When this is over, if you want to have the lion's share of women, you got to be strong, real strong. You're going to have to battle your fellow man over food and women. The man that can feed women and kids will get a harem. The weak man will get beaten and cast aside with other single sex starved men. It'll be like they are in prison together. Do you want that? Get strong. Be ready to rip off heads with your bare hands.

Bad news. WHO says there is evidence the virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.

http://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

Still wondering why Germany's death count and case rate is very low compared to Italy and Spain's.  Are they counting different or their health care system is much better? What's the difference of a patient in Germany or Italy laying in bed on a ventilator? Just their nationality. I have a cousin that acquired her PhD in Germany. During her time in Germany she travelled to Africa and got sick. Came home and German doctors didn't know what she got sick from and prescribed her the wrong medicine and she got sicker. She immediately flew to America and the doctors quickly identified what she got and fixed her right up. She's one story but she's a believer the American medical system is better than Germany's after experiencing theirs. She's also a Trump hater.

Offline BC

« Reply #1546 on: March 29, 2020, 09:52:05 AM »
Not only does Germany have a good deal more hospital resources per capita, but they are very orderly, not only with following instructions but have plans to handle everything. The health authorities have been testing, tracking down and isolating for quite a while now. A somewhat similar approach as in S. Korea. They keep their facilities and staff well trained, a good part because of their vocational education system that is very good.  One can expect things to be done very precisely.  Early on saw reports that testing for coronavirus was not being done posthumously as they do in Italy.  The numbers are rising fast though, both for infections and death.  Still too early to draw conclusions.

Offline ML

« Reply #1547 on: March 29, 2020, 10:05:54 AM »
Not only does Germany have a good deal more hospital resources per capita, but they are very orderly, not only with following instructions but have plans to handle everything.

Remember what Mussolini said when comparing what he had to deal with regarding Italian people and what Hitler could count on with German people.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1548 on: March 29, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »
Early on saw reports that testing for coronavirus was not being done posthumously as they do in Italy. 

Italy has probably been better than any country pertaining to accuracy on counting deaths. Too many deaths can be viewed as bad management by government and health care leaders. Also, a high death ration can lead to panic. There's pressure to keep the death count low in many nations.

I seriously doubt Germany's health care system is much more superior than Italy's when it comes to the virus. There's no treatment for the virus so all medical professionals can do is lay a patient in bed, slap on a ventilator and give the patient medicine to relieve the pain and lower their temperature. The patient must beat the virus with their own antibodies. Germans have superior immune systems? Don't think so.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1549 on: March 29, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »
When this is over, if you want to have the lion's share of women, you got to be strong, real strong. You're going to have to battle your fellow man over food and women. The man that can feed women and kids will get a harem. The weak man will get beaten and cast aside with other single sex starved men. It'll be like they are in prison together. Do you want that? Get strong. Be ready to rip off heads with your bare hands.

Bad news. WHO says there is evidence the virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.

http://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

Still wondering why Germany's death count and case rate is very low compared to Italy and Spain's.  Are they counting different or their health care system is much better? What's the difference of a patient in Germany or Italy laying in bed on a ventilator? Just their nationality. I have a cousin that acquired her PhD in Germany. During her time in Germany she travelled to Africa and got sick. Came home and German doctors didn't know what she got sick from and prescribed her the wrong medicine and she got sicker. She immediately flew to America and the doctors quickly identified what she got and fixed her right up. She's one story but she's a believer the American medical system is better than Germany's after experiencing theirs. She's also a Trump hater.

Some have put infection rate down to culture. Italians hug and kiss a lot, Germans don't know what that is, lol ;D

Currently, the worst situation is:

Italy
Spain
France
Germany

France also does a fair bit of kissing on greeting but just the females I think, Spain probably also does a bit of that.

The different strains map you showed earlier showed the UK as having a different strain to mainland Europe, so our virus wants to free from the EU also :D

That all said I get the impression there is a nature to this virus that means it is a bit worse in some climates than others, that it spreads more virulently in some climates. I think in general it will eventually spread throughout as it seems to be doing no matter what the climate. It is known that germs spread more in hot temperatures until it gets too hot for them to survive. Italy is hit and dry, mostly though I think the north is supposed to have an area of tropical climate but maybe that is not significant.

South America I guess is hot & humid so does humidity mean it does not spread as much there? Maybe.

I think here in the UK we aren't suffering as bad as Italy was at the same stage in fact some graphs peg us a bit behind them. I get the impression our climate has a slight dampening effect on the virus, not a lot but a bit. I think it's interesting to note that Spain & Italy are fairing worse than France & Germany and each couple have similar climates but different to the other couple.

I don't necessarily see it as bad news as it may mean it goes around once but is not really that seasonal so once all the strains ebb away and medicines brought out hopefully it will be done with. The fact that so far at least it doesn't change/mutate much has got to be good news as it will make tackling it easier instead of 'oh it's changed again and this strain is so much different from the other' sort of thing.

Yep, well I'm guessing it will be mostly old men passing on so I'm not sure having a harem of old women will appeal much to me ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1980
Total: 1990

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM