It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: A-Web Representing YOUR Interests ?!?  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
A-Web Representing YOUR Interests ?!?
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »
Some of y'all may find this interesting.

Tomorrow, there is a conference opening in Beverly Hills - the iDating (Internet Dating) Conference.

Amongst the speakers are:

Stacey Bernhard - Director of Strategy & Corporate Development at Match.com
Duane Dahl - CEO of PerfectMatch.com
Noel Biderman - President of The Ashley Madison Agency
Jeff Titterton - VP of Zoosk.com
Many others

AND . . .

The Honorable Catherine Pugh - Maryland State Senator to speak on "Regulation of Internet Dating"

AND . . . the lone representative from the international agencies

Dan Sykes - CEO of AnastasiaDate.com

Sykes and Pugh are to be a part of a panel discussion on the subject of regulating internet dating - a/k/a IMBRA and its descendants.

Check out the agenda here -- http://www.idate2006.com/agenda-la-2010.php

FYI

- Dan

Offline Seeker

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: A-Web Representing YOUR Interests ?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:28 PM »
Some of y'all may find this interesting.

Tomorrow, there is a conference opening in Beverly Hills - the iDating (Internet Dating) Conference.

Amongst the speakers are:

Stacey Bernhard - Director of Strategy & Corporate Development at Match.com
Duane Dahl - CEO of PerfectMatch.com
Noel Biderman - President of The Ashley Madison Agency
Jeff Titterton - VP of Zoosk.com
Many others

AND . . .

The Honorable Catherine Pugh - Maryland State Senator to speak on "Regulation of Internet Dating"

AND . . . the lone representative from the international agencies

Dan Sykes - CEO of AnastasiaDate.com

Sykes and Pugh are to be a part of a panel discussion on the subject of regulating internet dating - a/k/a IMBRA and its descendants.

Check out the agenda here -- http://www.idate2006.com/agenda-la-2010.php

FYI

- Dan

I wish I could be there... and with my flair for words, we might even get press coverage. 

And that was totally tongue in cheek...  I hope all get that.  But I would like to be there to hear it, and comment as allowed. 
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:26:29 AM »
I guess they are the best to represent the interests of the IMB international agencies.
They will be able to provide evidence that 99% of their customers never directly contacts a female customer, making the legislation a large burden for the agencies.  :evil:
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 06:17:03 AM »
This from the peanut gallery and probably preaching to the choir for many at RWD, certainly not meant to spark a political debate but, I would appreciate our government much more if they didn't see a need to regulate everything that has a dollar flowing through it. Government has no business in the internet dating or marriage industries. IMBRA is nothing more than a stumbling block for innocent AM looking to date overseas. The guilty AM run through it like Mexicans over the Arizona border. As anything else in life, matching on the internet is buyer beware and should be left to individual's decision making process.

I know there are many horror stories where Western men have taken advantage of the system(s) available for slaves, ect. ending in murder and worse but IMO, regulation does not even slow these crimes down.

Not my intention to side track your thread Dan as I think it is relevant. No way could AW, the various American net dating sites and certainly not the esteemed Maryland Senator could possibly have represented my interests when I was in pursuit. Quite simply put, it's  a crock

Offline kievstar

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »
Would be nice if the man from JimList would attend this conference.  I sent a message to him.  Doubt he even knew it was going on.

Offline sjg-uk

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 12:07:38 AM »
Anything that helps to stop Western guys getting ripped off is a good thing. But I'm not sure that any regulations that the yanks do will have any effect here in Ukraine.
Christ, just look at the videos of the politicians fighting on YouTube and you'll see what I mean !
Better to get the all silly old buggers more educated into not believing all the Dating Agency crap !
Simon in Kharkov
English/Ukraine Business Est. 2001
Email ; kharkov.for.rent@gmail.com 
Great Info Link ; www.kharkovinfo.com

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 05:03:57 AM »
Anything that helps to stop Western guys getting ripped off is a good thing. But I'm not sure that any regulations that the yanks do will have any effect here in Ukraine.
Christ, just look at the videos of the politicians fighting on YouTube and you'll see what I mean !
Better to get the all silly old buggers more educated into not believing all the Dating Agency crap !

There is absolutely nothing that group of morons could achieve that could stop Western guys from getting ripped off. More so that topic won't be addressed much less discussed or acted upon. If they have anything on the agenda concerning Western men/Eastern women it will be calling for more interference, more legislation, widening the IMBRA net and stopping as many East/West relationships as possible. IMO

Offline SMS60

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 05:12:46 AM »
All I Hope is they remember we live in a free country. Oh, and we have that pesky peice of paper called the "constitution" and the "bill of rights".

As long as they keep that in the back of their jug heads I dont care what they do.
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 4047
Most Online Ever: 12701