It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 5 Things You Should Know About Current Ukrainian Crisis  (Read 32755 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Current Ukrainian Crisis
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
He should have lost his seat for unleashing Sarah Palin on an unsuspecting world.  Thank goodness she now is fading into irrelevancy.

What exactly is wrong with Sarah Palin?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »

I thought we went through this last year!  :wallbash:

Offline pokerintherear

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »

The reaction to the woman is interesting on RWD. If you compare her view of life and beliefs to most Russian women they would tally the same.  Go figure.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »
I thought we went through this last year!  :wallbash:

Maybe you didn't 'splain it succinctly enough? Tell me again what is wrong with Palin? Other than the demagoguery of the left wing media. Palin had as much experience to be VPOTUS as Obama had to POTUS. No doubt she has much more brains. Please, state your case

Offline Boethius

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2013, 07:07:04 PM »

She is a "mean girl".  She didn't finish her term in office, ergo, she is a lightweight.  However, she did use her power to advance personal vendettas.  She was not ready for prime time. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

lordtiberius

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »

It's not like she can see Ukraine from her window

Relevance?

If certain members want to start nailin' Palin, they should do so on another thread . . .

Euromaidan please!

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »

However, she did use her power to advance personal vendettas.  She was not ready for prime time.

Interesting...give somebody a little power and oftentimes they use it to advance personal vendettas...happens in politics, business, and online forums.  Honestly I liked some of Palin had to say, but she didn't seem ready to be VP, in my opinion. 

As far as McCain, he should be attending to our border issues and dealing with issues that pertain to our country.  I really don't see why our politicians feel the need to be such busybodies. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
She won the Biden debate.  Paul Ryan couldn't do that.

Offline Gylden

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 11:40:43 PM »
She won the Biden debate.  Paul Ryan couldn't do that.

Instant polls taken at the end of the event by television channels suggested that despite Mrs Palin managing a more measured performance than many had anticipated, voters were more impressed with Mr Biden.

A poll by CNN and Opinion Research found 51 per cent thought Mr Biden had performed best, with Mrs Palin taking 36 per cent of respondents.

A survey of uncommitted voters for CBS found the split even more pronounced, with Mr Biden on 46, Mrs Palin on 21 and a relatively high proportion stating that neither had impressed or that they could not decide.

When the uncommitted voters were pressed, 18 per cent said they would vote for Barack Obama and Mr Biden following the debate, with only 10 per cent ready to line up for John McCain and Sarah Palin.

Another instant poll done by Fox News, which did not allow for such fence-sitting, had the divide between the two candidates at 61 per cent for Mr Biden and 39 per cent for Mrs Palin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/presidentialdebates/3129259/Who-won-the-VP-debate-Palin-or-Joe-Biden.html

lordtiberius

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2013, 07:02:09 AM »
The long version:

The short version:

We can re-litigate the Palin debate which have nothing to do with Euromaidan except that John McCain was there recently while his erstwhile opponent was otherwise engaged.  I suggest we do it on another thread.

The crisis is going into its fourth week.  I think you can argue a good case anti-maidan case but you cannot have that debate and win it with Viktor Yanukovych as President.  He should resign.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »

She is a "mean girl".  She didn't finish her term in office, ergo, she is a lightweight.  However, she did use her power to advance personal vendettas.  She was not ready for prime time.

Wow, that's way out on a limb for you Boe  :D

A mean girl, really? She was a lightweight when she was chosen by the McCain folks to run as his VP. She was inexperienced and innocent when the DNC and the leftwing media bias roasted skewed and barbeque'd her. They even went so far as to chastise her for not having an abortion of a down syndrome baby. Do you remember what they said/did to other members of her family? Without a doubt, the nastiest vilification in American political history. Your memory seems a bit flawed concerning this aspect.

She was a lightweight. Was being the keyword there. Given the circumstances that she willingly entered and was also thrust into, she certainly came out the other side a more stronger, savvy politically astute woman.

She left her term as gov for what some might consider a noble cause rather than a cut and run as you are eluding to. What political vendetta did she extract?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »
She was a lightweight when she was chosen by the McCain folks to run as his VP. She was inexperienced and innocent when the DNC and the leftwing media bias roasted skewed and barbeque'd her.

Legs or breasts? Lemme guess.

Actually, this was her campaign

:P
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2013, 08:56:53 AM »
Now, can we go back to Euromadian, please?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2013, 09:24:38 AM »
Now, can we go back to Euromadian, please?

Bregs and nope  ;D

Those only further prove my point there Muzh. That wasn't your intent was it?

lordtiberius

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »
I think it is fair game to go after a politician's personal life, but when you bring a person's family into it.  It's pretty low.  The left has apologized somewhat for the trashy attacks on her daughters.  You can call Palin "a bad mother" for having one in the oven with a reprobate, but of course many babies are born that way nowadays and alienating that segment of the electorate is your gambit.  But joking about raping her adolescent daughter in such a public way is disgusting.  Really?  She disagrees with you on tax policy and you encourage the idea of criminal sexual misogyny on their kid?

As far as Euromaidan goes, I am concerned about the permanence of the Revolution, that this is the new normal.  Jack Frost is no joke in that part of the world and exposing my political allies and enemies to the elements doesn't seem to make much sense.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »
I am a Republican and have never thought highly of Sarah Palin.  Even with all of her shortcomings, she would not have been as bad a President as the BIG LIAR in the White House today.

What does this have to do with the Ukrainian Crisis?

lordtiberius

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2013, 10:28:10 PM »
from Christopher Miller of the Kyiv Post:

Offline Muzh

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »
as bad a President as the BIG LIAR in the White House today.

You can say that again about that fcuking narcissistic scumbag.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »
(MendeleyevJournal) Obama sent the B team to Ukraine:

Unfortunately the B team is the A team in today's Washington. All that was available were the best, but they aren't that good.

Meanwhile it appears that Senator John McCain has moved from being an expert on Syria to an expert on Ukraine (sigh). Hardly surprising given his position on the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee and admittedly, it would be disappointing if he was ignorant of various countries given the position he holds. Nonetheless, he remains stuck in the Cold War. He really needs to retire and get out with his wife Cindy to travel, garden, cook, take up knitting, learn the art of beekeeping, or something useful.

john mc cain height=452

We've made this Ukrainian crisis into an anti-Putin, as in a him or us issue and that wasn't necessary. At the Mendeleyev Journal we plan to respect the decision of the Ukrainian people and hope that they will chose a course that is good for their future peace and prosperity.

The Ukrainian situation is not so cut and dried as McCain and Obama seem to think. There are advantages and disadvantages to joining the Customs Union and the same could be said for continuing toward some sort of relationship with the EU.

Mr. Obama has not helped matters by staying on the sidelines while sending in his poorly chosen staff and grossly under-talented State Department. Obama may think that his silence gives the appearance of being neutral but in the real world his silence speaks volumes and his position is abundantly clear given the lackeys he has sent in his place and the message they carry.

A true leader in such a crisis would stand up and articulate his position clearly. That would require having a leader in the White House, something not currently available in the USA. Mr. Obama doesn't articulate well and perhaps James Carville is afraid that he'd start babbling about drawing an orange line in the sand or worse, uttering stupid lines like if you like your revolution you can keep it, etc.

On the other side of the debate, Mr. Putin understands that the US has rarely listened to his perspective regarding sanctions over another country. The very mention of sanctions in the media by McCain was really for Mr. Putin's ears as they had already been delivered in private to the current Ukrainian government.

Further, the sanctions threat made public sets up additional expectations that may come back to further hinder the USA's reputation should the need arise but the administration fail to follow through. It also gives Mr. Putin ammunition to say that the USA is threatening yet another a free nation. Neither McCain or Obama would be very good poker partners.

When Ronald Reagan assured Mr. Gorbachev that the US and NATO would never expand Eastward beyond the unification of Germany, and when that promise was repeated to President Yeltsin by Bush I, we set up firm expectations and promises to Russia in exchange for market reforms. From Bill Clinton and moving forward however, we've broken those promises repeatedly and if it seems that Putin sometimes acts like a cornered animal, take a long and hard look in our own foreign policy mirror.

We, the USA of which this writer is a citizen, not only have short memories but we've turned into very accomplished liars at the most unfortunate of times.

Note: (With all due respect Bo, Sarah Palin is brilliant when compared to the current POTUS.)

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Boethius

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »
Why should the U.S. articulate a decision? 

A legally elected president of a country that is not the United States has rejected a European trade agreement. 

At least half the people in that particular country, and many of its most powerful citizens, object to that decision.  Why does the U.S. need to be involved? 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
Note: (With all due respect Bo, Sarah Palin is brilliant when compared to the current POTUS.)

Now, I said the POTUS is a narcissitic scumbag. I never claimed he was stupid.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »
Why does the U.S. need to be involved?

I agree and that is clear from the tone I've taken consistently on this issue. My point was that if the US Prez was going to send a team from the State Department and delegation from the Senate, then don't pretend to be quietly watching in neutral mode from the sidelines. Either lead with your policies or shut up.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
Now, I said the POTUS is a narcissitic scumbag. I never claimed he was stupid.

Correct, I was addressing Bo.

I am the one who says, confidently and without apology, that he is equally ill-fitted for the job and stupid.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
Correct, I was addressing Bo.

I am the one who says, confidently and without apology, that he is equally ill-fitted for the job and stupid.

I agree and second that opine as well as the other 544 figureheads of the U.S. government

Offline Boethius

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »
mendy, I believe it diminishes you to maintain the refrain that Obama is stupid.  You may not agree with his policies, you may believe he has a poor team around him, and that he is ineffective, but he is not stupid.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1876
Total: 1887

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM