It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 407910 times)

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
The Propaganda War
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:32:51 PM »
I have been reading about what Moscow's media is saying about Ukraine. It is insane and people in Russia are believing it. Putin is saying that the new government in Kyiv is a bunch of Nazi fascists, who should be feared by the world. Moscow has been promoting the idea of 'protecting ethnic Russians and Russian speakers' in Ukraine/Crimea. Kerry is correct- It is a false pretext for invasion. Russian speakers were never in any danger in Crimea or other parts of Ukraine. I believe that we have to bring the truth to Russians. The revolution in Kyiv was about ideology. Freedom of speech. Freedom of assembly. Freedom to choose democracy as opposed to strongman dictatorship. The desire to rid Ukraine of corruption. Russians should know that the people who were protesting were people of all ages. They were average citizens who want a better way of life. They were not extremists. Russians need to see the truth. Putin is gradually destroying Russia and trying to destroy Ukraine. The revolution got rid of a person who is very similar to Putin. Putin is out for revenge. Russians need to wake up!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:42:33 PM by Photo Guy »

Offline Photo Guy

Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »
I believe that we have to bring the truth to Russians.

What do you propose? Putin owns the Russian media. He recently clamped down on NGOs(non-governmental organizations) in Russia who promote alternative points of view. It's a dangerous time for someone to go into Russia and promote a different point of view. Putin brings truth to Russians. If you want to stop his brand of truth, you stop Putin. Call your congressman for starters and let him/her know America should back Ukraine all the way.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

What do you propose? Putin owns the Russian media. He recently clamped down on NGOs(non-governmental organizations) in Russia who promote alternative points of view. It's a dangerous time for someone to go into Russia and promote a different point of view. Putin brings truth to Russians. If you want to stop his brand of truth, you stop Putin. Call your congressman for starters and let him/her know America should back Ukraine all the way.

Billy, I propose info via the internet, RWD, FB, etc. Anyone from Russia here at RWD?
...militarily, I wish Ukraine could be reinforced somehow. Putin brings lies to Russians.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:57:09 PM by Photo Guy »

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
I bet u understand zero Russian to judge about we are lying or not. And I understand enouth English to see an opposite thing.
Inhale, exhale and relax. Nobody pretends on Alaska.  As for me I want to censorship news in Russia for using word Ukraina.  Tired  to hear about the next maidan, let them go where they want without Russian gas and money.

Offline die_cast

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »
I believe that we have to bring the truth to Russians.
I beleive you have a "knight in shining armour" complex.

Putin is ... trying to destroy Ukraine.
Ukraine is already destroyed by its own citizens, so Putin has nothing to do, don't worry about him, please.

Russians need to wake up!
And you need to relax.
- А если я скажу какую-нибудь глупость?
- Скажи с уверенным лицом, тогда это называется точка зрения (с)

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 01:36:02 AM »
You both sound very angry. Are Russians angry? Why? Why is Russia surrounding Ukraine with her military? Putin has already asked his own government for permission to use his military in Ukraine. I can give you many examples of Putin lying. In Russia and now Crimea, there is only ONE news agency. There are no opinions. Putin lies when he says that the new government in Kyiv is a bunch of radical fascists or neo-Nazis. Those are obvious lies. Can't you see that? Putin and Yanukovych are the same: They both believe it should be illegal for citizens to openly protest in the square, the maidan. Putin lied when he said he was sending soldiers to Crimea to 'protect' Russian speakers, and before that he lied when he said the military in Crimea were not from Russia. Everybody could see the Russian vehicles. Why does Moscow allow only ONE news agency? To make it easier to lie. Russians need to realize that the new government in Kyiv is good for the people of Ukraine. The new government is only bad for two people: Putin and Yanukovych(Putin junior) Russians: Wake up! And when Putin shuts off the gas to Ukrainian homes, he is acting like a bully, a thug. Citizens of Russia want to have a bully for a leader???? 

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 01:37:04 AM »
I bet u understand zero Russian to judge about we are lying or not. And I understand enouth English to see an opposite thing.
Inhale, exhale and relax. Nobody pretends on Alaska.  As for me I want to censorship news in Russia for using word Ukraina.  Tired  to hear about the next maidan, let them go where they want without Russian gas and money.
What are you trying to say about Alaska? 

Offline die_cast

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 01:45:23 AM »
You both sound very angry.
We are tired of people like you. Please, go to teach how to live somebody else.  ;D

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 01:52:07 AM »
Russia should not invade Ukraine. They should also NOT invade Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Moldova, Georgia, or China. Placing all of those troops along the border is acting like a neighborhood 'bully'. (thug) Putin and Crimea is like Hitler and the Sudetenland. It's barbaric. Putin would have brother fight against brother. For what?

Offline whynotme

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 02:17:45 AM »
What are you smoking?  :D

Offline lonedrake

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 04:08:09 AM »
I propose info via the internet, RWD, FB, etc. Anyone from Russia here at RWD?

You have two reading and responding so far. It may take a while to get them on board :)

Those are obvious lies.

From what I have read...The more Putin lies....the more they love him......even when they know he is lying.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 04:55:34 AM »
You have two reading and responding so far. It may take a while to get them on board :)

From what I have read...The more Putin lies....the more they love him......even when they know he is lying.

One guy I know very well never go to elections cuz as he told he never voted for criminals. You have 3 attempts to guess what country he is from  :D

Offline die_cast

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 05:32:12 AM »
RWD is not a right place to talk to those Russians who can't read English, watch Russian tv and beleive it. I wonder why some people don't get it.  :rolleyes:

Offline Dewed

• Opted-Out
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 05:57:32 AM »
Gotta go with die_cast on that one.. if you are wanting to reach un-informed Russian citizens.. this is likely not the best venue..  because all the FSU memeber here KNOW EVERYTHING ! ! !

that was a joke by the way.. mostly.. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 05:58:50 AM »
Billy, I propose info via the internet, RWD, FB, etc.

Why would Russians believe your brand of truth instead of their president's? The West has slowly befriended most nations that were previously in the USSR's sphere of influence. For every nation the West takes away from Russia, that's one less business partner they'll have and it affects their economy.

There are a couple of ways Russia can get those countries back. One is to offer more benefits than Western nations, the other is using hostile means.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline die_cast

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 06:03:11 AM »
if you are wanting to reach un-informed Russian citizens.. this is likely not the best venue..
Let's just be rational. How many Russian citizens he can reach here?  :D Five, may be? :D IDK

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 06:03:29 AM »
Nice to see you posting PG.

I have stayed out of most of the discussions about what is happening in Ukraine so far.  A few comments that I will share in this thread.

As far as my interpretation of what effect the propaganda has had on Russian people, based on my wife's comments Putin's approval rating in Russia has gone from one similar to Obama in the 30% range to more in the 70% range.  Perhaps they are listing to propaganda but Russian citizens seem to approve of what he has done.

My second comment is that all news seems to be biased.  Russia isn't the only country that gets propaganda from their news reports.  I have noticed some comments from people living in the UK who have a totally different take on the whole thing.  It actually shocked me a bit when I first encountered it but have seen more comments that agreed with what I first heard.  In many parts of the world they seem to think the USA is the villain in the problems Ukraine is encountering.  That we funded the turmoil there to the tune of 100 million or so and with people prompted to agitate the situation. 

Offline stilllooking

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »
As far as my interpretation of what effect the propaganda has had on Russian people, based on my wife's comments Putin's approval rating in Russia has gone from one similar to Obama in the 30% range to more in the 70% range.  Perhaps they are listing to propaganda but Russian citizens seem to approve of what he has done.

My second comment is that all news seems to be biased.  Russia isn't the only country that gets propaganda from their news reports.  I have noticed some comments from people living in the UK who have a totally different take on the whole thing.  It actually shocked me a bit when I first encountered it but have seen more comments that agreed with what I first heard.  In many parts of the world they seem to think the USA is the villain in the problems Ukraine is encountering.  That we funded the turmoil there to the tune of 100 million or so and with people prompted to agitate the situation. 

There is nothing like a threat to the citizenship and a leader's tough words and actions against that threat to unite a nation. Most of the world can not believe the US voted for Bush Jr. once, let alone twice (and yes, I realize that depending on which account you believe the first time the US may not have voted for him). would he have had a second term without 9/11 and the WMD excuse to go into Iraq? His approval ratings skyrocketed from slightly above 50% to 90% after 9/11.

There is a part of the world that perceives the US as not practicing what they preach. They preach China on Human rights but let's be honest, Texas also has a very questionable record when it comes to Human rights (as do some other states with the death Penalty). They say Putin used lies to have an excuse to annex Crimea, did Bush Jr. not use lies to invade Iraq a second time? (or maybe by now they have found those WMD's?)

So, it's not so weird that just like people questions Putin's accounts of what is happening, they also question American accounts of what is happening.

Offline Larry1

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »
There is a part of the world that perceives the US as not practicing what they preach. They preach China on Human rights but let's be honest, Texas also has a very questionable record when it comes to Human rights (as do some other states with the death Penalty).

Police in the US have violated citizens' constitutional rights and the situation has been getting worse over the last few decades.  But most often this doesn't relate to the death penalty and isn't limited to the so-called "red states".  It is a result of the "war on drugs".

Here is a link to one particularly egregious case.  The police executed a no-knock warrant, breaking down the door to Cory Maye's apartment where he lived with his infant daughter. They were looking for illegal drugs. As it turns out they broke down the door of the wrong apartment.  Mr. Maye defended himself and killed a sheriff's deputy, who was, if my recollection is correct, a relative of the Sheriff, the top law enforcement in the county.  He was convicted of murder.  There were no illegal drugs found in Mr. Maye's apartment. After some years his conviction was overturned. http://www.theagitator.com/2008/05/08/mississippi-drug-war-blues-the-case-of-cory-maye/

You can get some idea of the more common violations of the constitutional prohibition of unreasonable searches by googling the phrase "body cavity search".  You will find many examples of drivers being stopped and police probing their vaginas and rectums in an attempt to find illegal drugs.  In several cases when a body cavity search didn't turn up drugs the police took the driver to a hospital to have x-rays and enemas given.  The poop was carefully scrutinized for drugs (wouldn't you love to have that job!).

But to put US violations of human rights in the same league as Chinese violations of human rights is not correct.

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 10:09:26 AM »
One guy I know very well never go to elections cuz as he told he never voted for criminals. You have 3 attempts to guess what country he is from  :D

Anyone can have an opinion.  The difference is that in the United States you have the ability to express that opinion without the FSB knocking on your door.  In the US, if you got a bunch of your friends together and protested the government, they wouldn't arrest you.  They would call you Republicans.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BC

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 10:16:06 AM »
I think what many overlook is that there are many flavors and styles of 'democracy', even propaganda.

Each has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Putin obviously has popular support in RU and other places so who's to argue that what he is doing or not is wrong?

Some like vanilla, some strawberry and some chocolate.. so what.. live and let live.

They will figure things out quite well for themselves.  Best not to meddle IMHO.

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
Anyone can have an opinion.  The difference is that in the United States you have the ability to express that opinion without the FSB knocking on your door.  In the US, if you got a bunch of your friends together and protested the government, they wouldn't arrest you.  They would call you Republicans.

apples and oranges.... again.

Offline Larry1

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
Putin obviously has popular support in RU and other places so who's to argue that what he is doing or not is wrong?

Some like vanilla, some strawberry and some chocolate.. so what.. live and let live.

Popular support doesn't make a leader's actions right.  Not to extend the comparison too far, but Hitler had a great deal of popular support in Germany.  That didn't make his actions right.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »

LOL

Like this?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1972
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM