It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why a Russian woman?  (Read 23675 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2020, 10:43:16 AM »
TIme is money, hence why better to use a cheap investment, to speed up the process
(small gift, i use flowers/erfume, prefer perfume ($15), as if the woman reschedules,
it is fine, flowers die however.

JT,

This thread is for explaining why you are searching for a woman in the FSU, not
tactics. Why don't you start a thread like JT's strategies and tactics for _______
(list something in the blank).

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »
JT,

tactics. Why don't you start a thread like JT's strategies and tactics for _______

Udachi!

Bill

That's a good idea for Japs to do Bill. I think most here have heard my theories etc so it would make a nice change to hear from Japs and how he finds stuff out there. After all I'm not sure why a thread that was only two pages at the time from way back in 2005 has been ressurected anyway. Is Ken C even still going??? ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:22:16 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2020, 11:19:09 AM »
Yes Big Bill, I have noticed that virtually no one, other than myself, has told their reasoning, despite fact that all had a reason.

Most do not want to admit true reasoning . . . or sugar coat it ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2020, 11:27:35 AM »
Yes Big Bill, I have noticed that virtually no one, other than myself, has told their reasoning, despite fact that all had a reason.

That is why your posts are always appreciated by myself, you just get right into it. It is useful to prevent a western man going to FSU, taking a woman out, and asking her to split the bill.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2020, 11:50:31 AM »
That's a good idea for Japs to do Bill. I think most here have heard my theories etc so it would make a nice change to hear from Japs and how he finds stuff out there. After all I'm not sure why a thread that was only two pages at the time from way back in 2005 has been ressurected anyway. Is Ken C even still going??? ::)

I resurrected the thread (and a few others recently). We have a lot of new people since
the thread was originally posted, so I thought I would kick start a few older threads to
see if it would generate some new interest.

I encourage both of you to continue posting on topic comments. If you think up an
unrelated topic, start a new thread and see if it grows legs.   

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:52:23 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
JT,

Udachi!

Bill

If i did, i would need to issue a disclaimer, i wouldn't want to be liable for any damages done by doing a bondage session incorrectly.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2020, 02:54:52 PM »
It is funny, but i known Beo for maybe a decade now, when i first got into FSU scene, she warned me of the dangers of the FSU culture, it isn't as bad as she made it out to be, but for sure it is different, not somewhere i would like to spend my life in, she also warned me raising children here would adopt the FSU mentality , way she described in in somewhat toxic (Maybe not using the word toxic). But one thing i have notice is she holds men who exploit the FSU scene, due to income differences between western and FSU countries in low regard. I don't blame her, it is very different to her story of finding love, we all walk different paths in life.

My path, and a lot of western men paths, would be different to the path she took, same as my path would be different to many western men, way i look, type of women i go for etc We will all have different paths.

First, Belvis is a RM, married to a RW, who grew up in Russia, and lives there now.  I am sorry he doesn't come here more often, but he likely is not interested in US political talk.  Point is, he understands the culture better than anyone here, because he is from that culture and lives it daily.

Second, you first appeared here into 2016, so not quite 10 years, not even five.

Third, all I really told you was to keep your business interests hidden.  In Ukraine, displays of wealth by foreigners make them subject to shakedowns.  Your relative youth, your tattoos, the fact when you first moved there, your business was not successful, all protected you.  I still wouldn't advertise my success.  As far as locals should know, you are living pay cheque to pay cheque, just like them.  In Ukraine, you will have locals, even police, shake you down if they know they can.  That doesn't happen in Russia now (at least, not with police - I can't speak about others, but I do know, unlike in Ukraine, such activities, if discovered, are punished).

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »
Point is, he understands the culture better than anyone here, because he is from that culture and lives it daily.

And i lived in the West, and now in the FSU, have people here , who share their stories, but it seems like you and him put it together that men share stories of being cheated on (multiple times), to be polite. I can make comparisons.

Point is, he understands the culture better than anyone

Second, you first appeared here into 2016, so not quite 10 years, not even five.

I stand corrected, i guess i stepped in FSU nearly a decade ago , time flies by doesn't it? Who would of thought i would actually be step in here.

Third, all I really told you was to keep your business interests hidden.  In Ukraine, displays of wealth by foreigners make them subject to shakedowns.  Your relative youth, your tattoos, the fact when you first moved there, your business was not successful, all protected you.  I still wouldn't advertise my success.  As far as locals should know, you are living pay cheque to pay cheque, just like them.  In Ukraine, you will have locals, even police, shake you down if they know they can.  That doesn't happen in Russia now (at least, not with police - I can't speak about others, but I do know, unlike in Ukraine, such activities, if discovered, are punished).

Wow, that was a bit of a jump? So you are telling me the FSU, which you and Belv spoke so fondly of, that is no different to the west, is prone to shakedowns by locals??????? Even the police????? I didn't forget our past conversations, but i have noticed that you don't take a nice view of foreign men who exploit the income differences between the FSU and West, to court women. Not something to be proud of , i agree .

And i agree with the Russia remark, if you remember when i returned to RWD, i did tell people that i found Russia less rundown (Less scam attempts), which Moby misunderstood me about.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:28:40 PM by japtats »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2020, 04:04:49 PM »
Neither of us (neither me nor Belvis) were referring to one story.  I can find one story of a WM with a similar experience.  I can think of dozens of WW I know with similar stories about WM.  It was you who stated this was a common story.  One story does not a "common story" make.

I have never spoken "fondly" of the FSU.  I don't happen to be someone who believes that people differ much world over.  But, cultures do, and attitudes are partly based on the culture you grew up in.  I am Canadian in my world outlooks and views, not Ukrainian.  I can relate to the traditions, the superstitions, and the cultural references are not foreign to me.  But, I did not grow up in that culture.  My mentality is shaped by my culture.  There are many things in Ukrainian (and Russian) culture (they are very similar in many respects) that I admire - the focus on family, the deep friendships, the love of nature.  There are other things that I don't.  I have been accused on this forum of being very "negative" toward Ukraine, in particular.  It's not a negativity, it is understanding the patterns of history, and how they repeat.  I could move to, say, China, but the cultural norms, the way people think, the way they behave, would be foreign to me, and would remain so, to some extent, for decades.  Even if I move there, I will never be from that, or part of, their culture.  So it is for foreign men who move to Russia or Ukraine.

Belvis may have spoken fondly of Russia.  I have not, nor of Ukraine.  I am a realist.  I have always maintained that Ukraine is corrupt.  Russia is too, but far, far less than is Ukraine.  There would be no oligarchs if they were not corrupt. 

Of course I don't take a positive view of men who lead with their wallets.  They go to a poor country to exploit the fact that people are poor.  I feel the same way about companies paying workers in Bangladesh $1 or less a day so we can buy $10 t-shirts.  I find it disgusting to exploit people, no matter the form such exploitation takes.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 04:07:04 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2020, 04:19:59 PM »
Neither of us (neither me nor Belvis) were referring to one story.  I can find one story of a WM with a similar experience.  I can think of dozens of WW I know with similar stories about WM.  It was you who stated this was a common story.  One story does not a "common story" make.

Not one story, it is many, i know of my ex's in FSU, and the stories they told me. You know very well of my background , it is mathematical, i look at things in a mathethimatical way, i look at the odds to figure this is pretty common. But also i will share something else later, regarding what you said about family values.

the focus on family, the deep friendships, the love of nature.  There are other things that I don't.

You are aware that very commonly when a FSUM leaves his family, he cuts contact, and support to his kids in a prior marriage?  I have many stories of men disappearing, heck one woman i know got contact by her dad years later, after one conversation he blocked her from Skype (can't make his new family upset). I couldn't stomach some of these stories.

It is the FSU mentality to show love, but once people are apart, biological blood means very little.

the focus on family, the deep friendships, the love of nature.  There are other things that I don't.  I have been accused on this forum of being very "negative" toward Ukraine, in particular.  It's not a negativity, it is understanding the patterns of history, and how they repeat.

yes, from our prior conversations over the years, it is very evident, but not something you were wrong about, i believe now what you said all this time was in matter of fact correct.

Of course I don't take a positive view of men who lead with their wallets.  They go to a poor country to exploit the fact that people are poor.  I feel the same way about companies paying workers in Bangladesh $1 or less a day so we can buy $10 t-shirts.  I find it disgusting to exploit people, no matter the form such exploitation takes.

Something i do agree with. But again, this is something same in the West. Ukrainians aren't exactly starving, they can afford to do many things, just like in Western countries (Struggle for OAP in the Ukraine however)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2020, 11:49:50 AM »
When I lived there, I knew a lot of divorced FSUM who still saw their children.  In most of those cases, the wife was either a drinker, an adulterer, or both.  Soviet (and current laws in Russia and Ukraine) favour mothers, so even unfit mothers retain(ed) custody of children, even if the father wanted custody.  In most of the cases I saw, the father and his parents would take their children for a week or so.  But the mother always took them back, because if she didn't, she would lose child support (1/3 of his salary).  That was more important than the child's happiness or well being. 

In Ukrainian cases where men are not involved in their children's lives, it is usually the result of addiction, or a mother not wanting her children to see their father (very common, both there and in the West).  But, you describe this as something unique to the FSU.  It isn't.  WM often disappear from their children's' lives as well.  WW also alienate children from fathers.  That is so common, it's even a factor in custody disputes now.  It's not unique to that region of the world.  I think the percentages of indifferent parents is about the same.

The only difference between FSUM and WM in this regard is that in the former case, it is not hidden as it is in the West, as in the West, we judge men who disappear from their children's lives.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2020, 11:22:41 PM »
When I lived there, I knew a lot of divorced FSUM who still saw their children.  In most of those cases, the wife was either a drinker, an adulterer, or both.  Soviet (and current laws in Russia and Ukraine) favour mothers, so even unfit mothers retain(ed) custody of children, even if the father wanted custody.  In most of the cases I saw, the father and his parents would take their children for a week or so.  But the mother always took them back, because if she didn't, she would lose child support (1/3 of his salary).  That was more important than the child's happiness or well being. 

In Ukrainian cases where men are not involved in their children's lives, it is usually the result of addiction, or a mother not wanting her children to see their father (very common, both there and in the West).  But, you describe this as something unique to the FSU.  It isn't.  WM often disappear from their children's' lives as well.  WW also alienate children from fathers.  That is so common, it's even a factor in custody disputes now.  It's not unique to that region of the world.  I think the percentages of indifferent parents is about the same.

The only difference between FSUM and WM in this regard is that in the former case, it is not hidden as it is in the West, as in the West, we judge men who disappear from their children's lives.

Percentages are way off , you might be right , that is has something to do with courts . Out of maybe 10 women I knew whose father's were not in the scene, only one wanted to be in the scene, and in the end he was looking for an excuse not to send money. Rest disappeared into smoke, there is a reason why FSU women don't depend on men , they are left with everything to deal with , something I also noticed in South America.

You are right , that it is to do with child support laws , forcing men to pay , so they feel to see their child also .but we also have a culture in the west , to not abandon our kids after marriage.

Creating a family is big in FSU , but taking care of a family, isn't so much, definitely not after a divorce. I am now in a time different from Soviet

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2020, 11:57:16 AM »

You can get a bigger better deal(1,2) in the FSU than you can locally.

1. Bigger better deal, means thinner, prettier, sexier, more feminine and
you can find someone who is more educated, who never took brain altering
chemicals like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft or Lexapro and probably didn't take
hormonal birth control pills for decades of her life. 

2. She will probably more direct, blunt and stubborn than any woman you've
ever known.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
1. Bigger better deal, means thinner, prettier, sexier, more feminine and you can find someone who is more educated, who never took brain altering chemicals like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft or Lexapro and probably didn't take hormonal birth control pills for decades of her life. 

Typically, their education is not that good.

No birth control, but she's likely had one or very often, more abortions.  So pick your poison.

Incidentally, birth control pills are very low hormone now, and have been for decades.

Russians carry a genetic mutation that makes depression more common. One of every three Russians is predisposed to depression.  I think it's better to be treated for depression than to lead an unhappy life.

Offline msmob

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2020, 12:31:40 PM »

In Ukraine, you will have locals, even police, shake you down if they know they can.  That doesn't happen in Russia now (at least, not with police - I can't speak about others, but I do know, unlike in Ukraine, such activities, if discovered, are punished).

I have to say that I've not had an attempted 'shakedown' since 2005, when a Russian policeman on guard at the entrance to Volgograd airport tried to suggest my visa was invalid and not registered ..

In those days it was possible to have overlapping visas on my Uk  and IRL passports so while he went off with my passport ..thinking I would cave in .. I just went through check-in and boarded using my UK one..

I got my IRL one back and he got a rollocking ... the lady I was seeing has relatives in the force of a higher rank

It is RUSSIANS who still get fleeced by their own Police .. ((

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »
Typically, their education is not that good.

What happens in the FSU, is that women from all walks of life and all education
levels are available for marriage. You can also find a plethora of women with lesser
educations as well. You can find plenty of fatties, plenty of women who are
unattractive and plenty of women who are NOT feminine too. The FSU has the
full gamut including crazies, drug addicts, prostitutes and scam artists.

No birth control, but she's likely had one or very often, more abortions. 
So pick your poison.

I agree that many FSUW had abortions or used them in lieu of birth control.
The U.S. is ranked third for unipolar depressive disorders, just after China
and India. 

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »
I had postpartum depression, probably after my first, but not diagnosed until after my last.  SSRI's were life changing for me.  I specifically remember how a veil lifted, about 3 wees in Don't underestimate the effect of medication for depression.  I was on them for a short time, probably about six months.  It's so long ago, I don't even remember.  I believe a lot of women suffer from postpartum depression.

A lot of depression, I believe, is the result of what you expect your life to be like, and the reality of life, not matching up.  In those cases, medication is probably not an answer.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2020, 09:51:35 AM »
It's so long ago, I don't even remember.

Bo, you are in Canada. In the USA they pass out brain chemical drugs
to women like they are vitamins. With kids they give them Ritalin or
Adderal as if they were cough drops, then they turn 16 or so they
take them off and say so sorry little drug addict. They don't have
the magic pill syndrome in Canada or Russia like they do in the
USA.

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1861
Total: 1872

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM