It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Questions about salary and how much is good to search?  (Read 12475 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Questions about salary how much is not enough?
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2020, 02:06:09 AM »
Thanks for the info.   Having a house would be best to have first.   I know it depends on what city that you live in.  Some cities 50 grand a year for example is going be very different as far as expensive's.  I do not live in Cali or NY.  From what i understand so far, besides having to pay the costs of moving the lady to the states, you basically have to make sure you can support a family the same as if you were married to a American women.  I doubt that a person needs to make 80,000 plus a year just to marry someone from overseas and have a good life, unless you live in Cali or NY.
Wrong.
Read what DOug wrote many valid points here. 
I was close to make a six figure when I married. But with a lot of tax because France is an heavy tax country
But when my divorce happened, money was one of the reason I divorced, not the main reason, but an indirect reason.
And that was not because I had too much money but because our purchase power was decreasing due to the french economical crisis and my wife was'nt eager to work.
The only way to increase the purchase power of our household was her to work. She did it, but 5 weeks later they fired her because they were not happy with her work.

She finally constantly avoided to work and finally started to cheat on me...
I simply recommand to make at least more money than you do. You cannot rely to the fact that she will work, and surely not the first two or three years, but on an other hand the problem it that culturally if you provide very well they see not reason to go to work, except if they have some real wishes to challenge themselves.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:51:21 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search?
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2020, 03:45:41 AM »
I cannot agree with some of the 'advice' give on here

I have 'imported' more than one FSU W ..

When you are asking someone to leave their life behind and start afresh - bearing in mind their qualifications will mean v.little in the west, you are saying," I'll help you through the hard times when you may feel worthless"

My first wife spoke such poor English that she was refused a job in retail over Christmas and was already studying English, MS Office usage and much more and worked for nought in charity shops to make contact and improve herself.

Our marriage didn't last due to an extraordinary turn of events, but we are now friends and she'll tell ANYONE that the man must support his wife for c. five years, before she can begin to contribute, financially

A lot depends on the age of your wife, her English abilities and if she wants to do 'further education' in subjects she's passed in her own nation

My current wife in in her fifties and expecting her to study, get a local degree .. is a little optimistic. I'll be glad of her making clothes, selling them and that can be her pocket money ..

She buys and sells property and does ok .. So may be she can try it in the west? ...

It's a commitment and investment and if you have kids together then you'll be investing further..

If  this scares off some folk.. it should Trench !... Then marrying a FSU W (  marrying at all ?) may not be for you ..   

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:47:16 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 04:42:20 AM »
Wrong.
Read what DOug wrote many valid points here. 
I was close to make a six figure when I married. But with a lot of tax because France is an heavy tax country
But when my divorce happened, money was one of the reason I divorced, not the main reason, but an indirect reason.
And that was not because I had too much money but because our purchase power was decreasing due to the french economical crisis and my wife was'nt eager to work.
The only way to increase the purchase power of our household was her to work. She did it, but 5 weeks later they fired her because they were not happy with her work.

She finally constantly avoided to work and finally started to cheat on me...
I simply recommand to make at least more money than you do. You cannot rely to the fact that she will work, and surely not the first two or three years, but on an other hand the problem it that culturally if you provide very well they see not reason to go to work, except if they have some real wishes to challenge themselves.

Yos, Pat makes some good points here.

I would say that it depends a lot on the woman, the all have a different idea over there how they see themselves in a relationship. Some will vermently want to work others will be vermently opposed to working. Some may be persuaded through use of logic to do either. I have met FSU both in person and online who are like that. So I would say be prepared for any possibility as you can't second guess what a women you wish to be with may stand in it all.

That said they all hold possibilities and pitfalls as Pat's experience shows us. Imagine another scenario though where the woman vermently wants to work or study. She does so which brings herself into contact with other guys and decides that one of those guys is so much better than you or gets on better with him and decides to go off with him. Another scenario could be she ends up with a gaggle of girly mates around her who 'westernise her', diss you and persuade her to divorce you because they see you as falling far short as a man. Another scenario to that could be that you need the money so she works and I've time gets so enamoured with her work that she becomes a 'career girl' and no longer wants kids or necessarily you and again may divorce you.

All of the above have occurred to guys that have imported their wife. Some guys get a girl that will stick by them no matter what, some guys think they have one like that then find out otherwise.

Now the above is just the 'at work/study' scenarios. There are also the 'at home' scenarios. So ok the girl stays at home and you the guy have to go out to bring the money in. A girl that is left to her own devices for any length of time may end up carrying on with a guy while you are at work. If there are kids that may help occupy her but even then you'd be surprised how many women will not care less and get it on with the local, milkman, handyman, park jogger, guy in supermarket, etc, etc. That's one good reason to do your own DIY ;)

Some women as Pat demonstrates will just go bad on you when their needs are not being met that may be net by another. They probably see you as not keeping up your end of the bargain and so they can renage on theirs.

I personally would err on the side of caution with women, try and be with her as much as possible and keep her mind occupied by whatever means seem appropriate. If possible try and get working from home type of work or something where she can be a part off your work/business. Having separate lives within a relationship while it may work for some is just an opportunity for disaster also in my book. On balance I would personally say now that I would prefer a girl not to want to work and prepare myself for that eventuality. The hotter and younger a girl is the more likely there will be that many guys will want to bang her so it's better to not leave her around situations where that is likely to inevitably occur in my opinion.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 04:51:46 AM »
Yos, Pat makes some good points here.

NO, he didn't ..

Pat says his wife cheated on him ..normally, that doesn't happen unless he chose badly, or he was not what he sold himself as to her .. it mostly takes two to screw up a marriage if it was on a firm footing and I include myself in that ..

Offline calmissile

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2020, 01:01:23 PM »
I don't think it is correct to criticize Pat because his marriage failed.  You are blaming him for not choosing the right woman.  Who the hell can guarantee how a person behaves (or changes) after you are married?  That is why I suggest living together for an extended period before even thinking of getting married.

All either party can do is to make the best assessment you can of the other person and see how it works out.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline msmob

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2020, 02:36:05 PM »
I don't think it is correct to criticize Pat because his marriage failed. 

Hmm, I did ? Well, I suppose I suggested it ( normally) takes two ...or he chose unwisely .. I don't agree with his advice re finances and it's SCARY when Trench seizes upon 'advice' as 'gospel' ;)

You are blaming him for not choosing the right woman. 

I also said he may have sold himself in  a way that he didn't fulfill ...strange you didn't pick up on that ....

I said it ( normally ) takes two to screw up a marriage that was on a firm footing .

Whilst I agree about living together beforehand (which I did each time) ... it is a 'Russian' saying that it takes a couple to have eaten fifty tons of salt together, to really know each other.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
I also said he may have sold himself in  a way that he didn't fulfill ...strange you didn't pick up on that ....

Looks like another Moby Blah, blah thread. . . . . . .

You and to a lesser degree Trench pollute every single thread
on this forum.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:34:20 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »
goat attacks on Moby!!!
good heavens!!

YOU BAD GOATS!!! LEAVE MOBY ALONE!!!!! go eat some goat garbage down by the garbage dump, you scavengers!!
I don't like goats!
when I was in Crimea, if I saw an actual goat walk towards me, I'd throw stones at it to scare it off
cuz otherwise, what they do is to slowly walk towards you and then right at the last second lower their horns and charge at you...
so I just nail them with a nice flat skipping stone in the chest or neck usually and they'd take off howlin'
I ain't takin no crap off of no goat
or these MFers either...

hmmmmm hmmmmmmmm...

PS
meanwhile, as America continues it’s deep slide into the abyss
all you incel desperados are completely missing the seismic social shift that’s underway...

you want ALL the pooty-tang?

a year from now, a third of all young women in the USA will be “housing insecure”
and likely have no job, no income and can’t afford their housing...
while an increasing crime rate gives them a growing fear for their personal safety

you can look like a lifeboat to these delicate young flowers of womanhood
and help them shelter during “a rough storm”

so if you are confined due to the virus with a female roommate
100% it’s gonna be “with benefits”
of course....

so, dewds with their own pads should be able to EASILY recruit a female submissive roommate
in one of the many social media or online gaming platforms.....

my guess is, would take ya a couple of weeks trolling tops before you got some heavily tattooed 26 year old art major who was playing Far Cry and then went to Tinder and then SnapChat....

seriously, so long as you’re just lookin for sex, why on earth go to Russia or Ukraine
you can get sex here now EASILY!!!!

BUT...
you have to be an "Alpha Male" or at least a "Beta"
which LOL eliminates pretty much everyone here....
the Omega males blues
one day life will be over
and you never even lived

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:23:11 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 08:12:08 PM »
Looks like another Moby Blah, blah thread. . . . . . .

Looks like Beel is 'auto-suggesting / hinting. My point is bang on topic .

Pat behaves in the way that if it was FSU W....  would have guys on here telling him she's  not marriage material, run ...

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:06:25 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »
Probably the most important aspects I can think of:

1. It's a gamble that may or may not pan out.  Save and stick your limit. Maybe something like 25K, more is better.

2. Don't go into debt with this venture thinking you'll be able to pay it off when she goes to work.  Won't happen.

3. Time is expensive as well and this venture eats up a lot of it even if you do hit a home run right away.  Generally the more face to face time you invest, the better.  If you are self-employed be ready to earn less. Don't fool yourself that you'll be able to 'work on the road'  If you are employed, on standard vacation terms, be ready to get fired as your head will be 'elsewhere' for some time to come.

Lastly, this 'thing' is not for everyone.  Keep dating at home as well.  If you are not dating now, learn to do so and practice at home as you'll need those skills there as well.

Good luck!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Questions about salary how much is not enough?
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2020, 08:06:35 AM »
Looks like Beel is 'auto-suggesting / hinting. My point is bang on topic .

Pat behaves in the way that if it was FSU W....  would have guys on here telling him she's  not marriage material, run ...

You're on topic talking about Pat's divorce when the topic is about
how much income you need? 

No you were totally off topic and trolling. If somebody brought up
your previous marriages they would have been trolling.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2020, 09:04:41 AM »
You're on topic talking about Pat's divorce when the topic is about
how much income you need? 

I'm on topic when Pat raised it ..

No you were totally off topic and trolling. If somebody brought up
your previous marriages they would have been trolling.

Sighs

Pat raised it ..

Try READing ?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »
I don't think it is correct to criticize Pat because his marriage failed.  You are blaming him for not choosing the right woman.  Who the hell can guarantee how a person behaves (or changes) after you are married?  That is why I suggest living together for an extended period before even thinking of getting married.

All either party can do is to make the best assessment you can of the other person and see how it works out.
Don't worry about him, just ignore him.
He is just seeking attention
and cannot make ONE sentence without depreciating people.You know the song : dogs are barking and barking...
Yes the best is to spend a lot of time, but to which limit?
Wish you the best.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2020, 01:46:11 PM »

He is just seeking attention

I rather think that is you with your attempt to be Rhoosh II

On this thread you posted VERY dubious 'advice' and wiser posters, seeking long term relationships, will ignore it ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »
I rather think that is you with your attempt to be Rhoosh II

On this thread you posted VERY dubious 'advice' and wiser posters, seeking long term relationships, will ignore it ..

Pat's relationship was long term, it went for some time. I'm not fully up on how long but it was years from what I am aware from what he has put in here.

It may not have eventually worked out for him but he has the balls to come on here and let us know what went wrong in order to help out others. I don't think that is something to knock him for. I think Pat's story is just one way a FSU relationship can go wrong. There are other ways a FSU relationship can go wrong but one way of how it can go wrong can help Yos and others see what sort of character can be present in FSU dating. Yos is new to this and no doubt somewhat unaware of how it can be if not handled right. Pat's got a lot of experience behind him so that can be invaluable to guys on here. It can save other guys years of trouble and heartache by learning in advance paths to avoid.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »
Newbies BC made some excellent points print out his post and get your
highlighter pens out.

3. Time is expensive as well and this venture eats up a lot of it even if you do hit a home run right away.  Generally the more face to face time you invest, the better.  If you are self-employed be ready to earn less. Don't fool yourself that you'll be able to 'work on the road'  If you are employed, on standard vacation terms, be ready to get fired as your head will be 'elsewhere' for some time to come.

4. Lastly, this 'thing' is not for everyone.  Keep dating at home as well.  If you are not dating now, learn to do so and practice at home as you'll need those skills there as well.

Good luck!

I added a #4 to BC post. It's his point but he didn't give it a number.

Let me add a #5 Patience you must have a truckload of patience or
you will lose your mind. Imagine meeting the woman of your dreams
and then leaving her in Russia while you go back to the grindstone.
Imagine when she is nothing but tears for three days because she
misses her family. You need to have a bucket of patience in reserve.

This pursuit requires a lot of resources in money, time, patience and
emotional resources. If you have two weeks of vacation per year can
you get more? Can you work weekends and get more time? If not,
get a different job or seek women locally. 

Most guys fail at this the first time and quit. It's not easy to start all
over again. I was too stupid/stubborn to quit.

Countless men have asked, "How could they get a Russian wife too?"
Honestly, most of them can't do it or won't do it.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2020, 04:21:07 PM »
Countless men have asked, "How could they get a Russian wife too?"
Honestly, most of them can't do it or won't do it.

A handy man type that has done several jobs for me over nearly 30 years was recently out to do a small job.  He is around 60 now I think.  A real red neck, although a very decent guy it seems.

He had seen my spouse a few times before.

This time he asked me how he could obtain such a wife.

I didn't know how to tell him that most FSU gals would not settle for him, and that even if they would, he could not afford it.

So I just laughed and said: You don't want to do it, and walked gently away.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2020, 04:43:59 PM »
Pat's relationship was long term, it went for some time. I'm not fully up on how long but it was years from what I am aware from what he has put in here.

It may not have eventually worked out for him but he has the balls to come on here and let us know what went wrong in order to help out others. I don't think that is something to knock him for. I think Pat's story is just one way a FSU relationship can go wrong. There are other ways a FSU relationship can go wrong but one way of how it can go wrong can help Yos and others see what sort of character can be present in FSU dating. Yos is new to this and no doubt somewhat unaware of how it can be if not handled right. Pat's got a lot of experience behind him so that can be invaluable to guys on here. It can save other guys years of trouble and heartache by learning in advance paths to avoid.

Thank you TC.I have nothing to be ashamed about this divorce and managed things accordingly. That's why the father of her daughther, her mother, her daughter all this people are very happy to see me. And guess what two weeks ago I found out my ex wife besides where I usually eat and no reasons to her to come here IMHO.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2020, 05:00:05 PM »

Thank you TC.I have nothing to be ashamed about this divorce and managed things accordingly. That's why the father of her daughther, her mother, her daughter all this people are very happy to see me. And guess what two weeks ago I found out my ex wife besides where I usually eat and no reasons to her to come here IMHO.

That's ok Pat, I'm glad you're doing ok with it all.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2020, 05:13:02 PM »
A handy man type that has done several jobs for me over nearly 30 years was recently out to do a small job.  He is around 60 now I think.  A real red neck, although a very decent guy it seems.

He had seen my spouse a few times before.

This time he asked me how he could obtain such a wife.

I didn't know how to tell him that most FSU gals would not settle for him, and that even if they would, he could not afford it.

So I just laughed and said: You don't want to do it, and walked gently away.

Yeah I kind off always got the impression that FSW enter International Dating with a certain vision of a western guy and some rough idea as to the sort of lifestyle they see with that.

That said there are different ways around this game. I was watching on You Tube a while back a guy who was probably around 60 ish who had moved from the US to Russia to do Foreign Language teaching, he had found a plumpish woman just a few years younger than him and shacked up with her in a flat, he seemed very content with his lot. If you consider the pensions aren't great out there if the Redneck guy you mentioned went for a single woman not far off his age and likely not be he prettiest girl around then it might work. A below average looks girl in the FSU of any age I get the impression is often a solid choice. So long as looking at her will make a guy hard and they get on well then that's all that may matter.

Problem may be is that it might be surmised that the Redneck guy would be looking for a hot FSW. My thoughts are in general such women want a guy in a good status job and with a comfortable income/lifestyle.

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »
Yos is new to this and no doubt somewhat unaware of how it can be if not handled right. Pat's got a lot of experience behind him so that can be invaluable to guys on here. It can save other guys years of trouble and heartache by learning in advance paths to avoid.

Trench, Pat's 'experience', now, is a daily diary of the sort of behaviour that gives western blokes a lousy reputation ..he's just portraying himself as a sex tourist.

That you would 'respect' such behaviour speaks volumes... You'd look up to that ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2020, 10:11:56 AM »
Trench, Pat's 'experience', now, is a daily diary of the sort of behaviour that gives western blokes a lousy reputation ..he's just portraying himself as a sex tourist.

That you would 'respect' such behaviour speaks volumes... You'd look up to that ..

Mobe, I don't think Pat is just out for sex but it may be something that happens along the way. He needs to find the right woman for him and that can take meeting a few.

Anyway but to OP and the point of this thread. I think what Yos now needs to do is work out a game plan of  where he thinks he needs to be and how he is going to get there in terms of being able to provide what a lot of FSW want.

I think he's salary at $40k is not a bad one and something he can use to create a good life for himself. If he can keep earning during the likely down turn then many women local or abroad could see him as a good catch.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2020, 10:38:54 AM »
...And that was not because I had too much money but because our purchase power was decreasing due to the french economical crisis and my wife was'nt eager to work. The only way to increase the purchase power of our household was her to work.....

This is a very good point, Pat. Many times when this subject pops up there always is varying perspectives  on this because it is so very subjective. Factors are strictly dependent on every individual's living standards and personal definition of 'adequate', 'comfort' and 'luxury'.

It is not about how much you make, but how much you have to spend out of what you make.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2020, 11:21:24 AM »
Interestingly this brings up another point I forgot to mention is that if the wife is at home all day then that could get expensive depending on the girl. If she has a cheap lifestyle of sitting watching rubbish on TV all day, looking after the kids, going to the park, looking around shops but not buying much, gardening, etc then it's not too bad. However, if she doesn't work and expects to be doing a lot of enjoyable stuff that costs in all of her free time week then it could be a heavy drain on finances.

That's where I think some sort of small scale family business is ideal. Even if it's a small stock room in the house selling whatever on eBay or similar. Would keep the girl occupied make her feel like she is adding to the family concern and avoid her spending  money at great pace. Even if it didn't make much in the way of profit it could still keep her occupied and keep costs down. Odds are so long as it wasn't a heavy chore most FSW probably wouldn't mind an easy going task such as that, that she doesn't have to be at work for.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
I'm on topic when Pat raised it ..

Sighs

Pat raised it ..

Try READing ?

I will respond to you here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24457.new#new

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1871
Total: 1882

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM