It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1090729 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1400 on: December 30, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
Watched an interview today where the guy said that $40/barrel was a given in 2015.  He then proceeded to say that we'd probably hit $30.

This I have a hard time believing....I don't see 30 dollar oil...I think 40 is unlikely to stay for very long, (if it gets there)...but I do see some experts are saying that it will...  If it does go that low, I would think it would be coupled with economic problems here at home...and that is concerning...Of course I love the idea of cheaper gasoline. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1401 on: December 30, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »
Do you want a bet?

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1402 on: December 30, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »
Do you want a bet?

Which statement in particular are you talking about betting on?

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1403 on: December 30, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
I think all of it is on shaky ground

Offline Ludmila

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1404 on: December 30, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »
What are Russians saying about the bodies coming back from Ukraine of Russian soldiers?
United States[edit]Main article: United States Forces casualties in the war in AfghanistanOf the United States deaths, more than 1,830 have died in hostile action. Included in these numbers are 12 CIA operatives that were killed in Afghanistan: seven in a suicide bomb attack on a military base, two in an ambush, one in a shooting attack at the U.S. embassy in Kabul, one in a prison uprising in November 2001, and one in an accident.[4][165] The independent website iCasualties has put the total number of U.S. deaths at 2,254.[166] This number is by nine higher than the Department of Defense's tally which is 2,245, when including the intelligence operatives.[165]
Since the start of U.S. military operations in Afghanistan, 19,934 U.S. service members have been wounded in hostile action, according to the Defense Department.[165]

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1405 on: December 30, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »
Thank you Mendy, but I want to hear from Doll.  The other members tell us how smart she is.  Let her prove it.

Doll, tell us about Load 200 and Load 300.  Why are so many Russian boys from small families dead or wounded from Ukraine?United States[edit]Main article: United States Forces casualties in the war in AfghanistanOf the United States deaths, more than 1,830 have died in hostile action. Included in these numbers are 12 CIA operatives that were killed in Afghanistan: seven in a suicide bomb attack on a military base, two in an ambush, one in a shooting attack at the U.S. embassy in Kabul, one in a prison uprising in November 2001, and one in an accident.[4][165] The independent website iCasualties has put the total number of U.S. deaths at 2,254.[166] This number is by nine higher than the Department of Defense's tally which is 2,245, when including the intelligence operatives.[165]
Since the start of U.S. military operations in Afghanistan, 19,934 U.S. service members have been wounded in hostile action, according to the Defense Department.[165]

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1406 on: December 30, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
The general population largely remains in the dark, albeit the news is starting to seep out. You can only hide deaths of the mother's sons for so long, and midnight burials in small towns, even with unmarked graves, begin to be noticed.

So far, the military continues to notify families of "training accidents" that frequently happen along the Ukrainian border.  :(
United States[edit]Main article: United States Forces casualties in the war in AfghanistanOf the United States deaths, more than 1,830 have died in hostile action. Included in these numbers are 12 CIA operatives that were killed in Afghanistan: seven in a suicide bomb attack on a military base, two in an ambush, one in a shooting attack at the U.S. embassy in Kabul, one in a prison uprising in November 2001, and one in an accident.[4][165] The independent website iCasualties has put the total number of U.S. deaths at 2,254.[166] This number is by nine higher than the Department of Defense's tally which is 2,245, when including the intelligence operatives.[165]

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1407 on: December 30, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »
Rolling on the floor of your "brightness", mendileev &Co, that "the general population remains in the dark about the Russian casualties", costs, etc.
Is the  US population  in an assorted state of nirvana about the casualties as well as the tax dollars spent... on what?. Where are the results? Taliban has only got stronger. Casualties among civilians only more, deaths among US troops in thousands....Are YOU "in the dark" or "in the light" ?
Folks, about 700 bln of the  tax dollars has been spent in Afganistan alone, with no results.
 http://www.statista.com/statistics/271526/us-war-costs-in-iraq-and-afghanistan/ 

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1408 on: December 30, 2014, 09:24:25 PM »
Ludmila, the number of dead Russian soldiers in Afghanistan was seven times the American number. And that was a period which was shorter by five years. 

There are thought to be over 4,000 killed Russian soldiers in your brief Ukrainian expedition.

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1409 on: December 30, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
Alex, sources, please.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1410 on: December 30, 2014, 09:57:14 PM »
One of the wonderful things about living in a country such as ours is the ability to reach out and grab information.   Now, with all sources of information dictated by the State, in Russia, access to information isn't as retrievable.  One should take that into account when citing US sources and then stating that events didn't exist in Russia because the information is not available.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1411 on: December 30, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »
Alex, sources, please.

Dead and wounded Russian soldier numbers during the eight year Soviet incursion as disclosed by Gen. Aleksei D. Lizichev during a press conference. I wonder how much of a lowball General Lizichev was asked to throw out there on his numbers  ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/26/world/soviet-lists-afghan-war-toll-13310-dead-35478-wounded.html

Elena Vasilieva and her group of mothers have the number of Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine at over 4,000 already. I am sure you can look her up in Russia for yourself. The UN says it is 3,000. Maybe Elena's estimate is a bit high? My money says it is probably higher with many families too afraid or proud to speak up for their loved ones.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1412 on: December 30, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »
Facts are not good enough for "these people."

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1413 on: December 31, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »
Dead and wounded Russian soldier numbers during the eight year Soviet incursion as disclosed by Gen. Aleksei D. Lizichev during a press conference. I wonder how much of a lowball General Lizichev was asked to throw out there on his numbers  ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/26/world/soviet-lists-afghan-war-toll-13310-dead-35478-wounded.html

Elena Vasilieva and her group of mothers have the number of Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine at over 4,000 already. I am sure you can look her up in Russia for yourself. The UN says it is 3,000. Maybe Elena's estimate is a bit high? My money says it is probably higher with many families too afraid or proud to speak up for their loved ones.

Don't you know, Sasha? 

Elena Vasilieva is a provocateur and has been arrested for fraud.  I heard she was also seen at a Georgian restaurant, not one in Atlanta.   We are in the middle of the great Dis-Information campaign.  In the olden days it used to just be called the "Big Soviet Lie".

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1414 on: December 31, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »
Wow!  I thought this forum was about the former Soviet Union and that this thread was about the situation in Ukraine caused by Russia.

Who knew that US deaths in Afghanistan had anything to do with all of the Russian soldiers dying while on "vacation" in Eastern Ukraine?

Yet another internet pro-Russian apologist come to tell us so.   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:32:47 AM by AC »

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1415 on: December 31, 2014, 01:31:18 AM »
Alex, sources, please.

They all have a single source about killed Russian soldiers in Ukraine: ОБС (одна бабка сказала, one grandma told, in this particular case: activist Vasilieva). 
That's  destiny of losers, be fed by politically motivated rumors  :)

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1416 on: December 31, 2014, 03:39:53 AM »
bs

Russian embassy in Kiev has nothing to do with k 1 visa
Police reports are not issued by the embassy
This post is  a pure scam

Again a reading comprehension problem..

Because she was born in Muskovi she needed a police report from there for the application.. The Embassy will furnish that in lieu of travel to the hated neighbor to the north.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1417 on: December 31, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »
They all have a single source about killed Russian soldiers in Ukraine: ОБС (одна бабка сказала, one grandma told, in this particular case: activist Vasilieva). 

You were previously asked to provide a source to show she was discredited-- you failed to do so !!

What is your source?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Misha

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1418 on: December 31, 2014, 04:21:41 AM »

You mean like a certain president of a certain federation who dredged up an urban legend based on a statement that was never said by Madeleine Albright, traced back to a "mind reader" that has been proven false countless times, that she proposed that Russia be split up and its resources redistributed to the world?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/19/world/europe/putin-cites-claim-about-us-designs-on-siberia-traced-to-russian-mind-readers.html

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1419 on: December 31, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
If Madeline Albright said those words, and she said she didn't, it would have been the smartest thing she said ever.

Like that NK nuke deal for starters . . .

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1420 on: December 31, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »
You mean like a certain president of a certain federation who dredged up an urban legend based on a statement that was never said by Madeleine Albright, traced back to a "mind reader" that has been proven false countless times, that she proposed that Russia be split up and its resources redistributed to the world?

And the leader of the same government whose state-controlled television documentaries hit pieces portray Ukrainians as cannibals who devour ethnic Russian children at the dinner table.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1421 on: December 31, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
Tell Mrs. Tumanov her dead son is a figment of Western posters' imaginations.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/29/russias-body-count-is-rising-in-ukraine-despite-army-officials-denials/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1422 on: December 31, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »
Having read a number of different pieces on the number of Russian soldiers killed in action in Eastern Ukraine, I have come to the conclusion that the number of active Russian military killed in action is greatly lower than the above mentioned figures. 

Plausible deniability:  The simple truth is that, since August, Russia has actively supplied the fighting force in Eastern Ukraine with tanks, heavy equipment and ammunition.    It has also supplied said same force with military people.  But here is where it gets tricky!  Russia is using EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK to make sure that the people it is sending over to Ukraine are not on the books as active military when they are crossing the border.

While I am not an analyst, I can say with some degree of accuracy, that almost every Russian soldier stationed at the Ukrainian border has been requested to volunteer to participate in the fighting.  My guess would be that an officer comes by and talks to a small group of men or an individual and presses them for commitment.  Most of these soldiers, already on the front, are young conscripts.  The sales pitch is uniform - support the Russian people in Ukraine fighting for their lives.  Volunteer to leave your unit and reassemble on the other side of the border, without rank or indicators of your former Russian military unit.

In the current state of affairs, this recruitment works because the needs are not great.  The attrition of the current fighting unit is rather minimal.  However, last August, it wasn't.  At that time the UA forces were threatening to completely surround and cut off all of Donetsk and Lugansk.    The requirements of war did not have time to manipulate this arm twisting.  Russia simply sent the units in.

Most of the acknowledged Russian casualties occurred at this time.  It was these soldiers, while stabilizing the situation, that were the KIAs that Kremlin defenders will grudgingly acknowledge.  So, the figures that Russians privately point to are only a couple of hundred dead in Ukraine (at the most).    They don't acknowledged the kids who were arm twisted by their COs to abandon their units and reassemble as 'freedom fighters' across the border.

To anyone reading this who is not a Kremlin apologist, you can imagine the disgust I am writing this with.  To trick your young people into fighting a war that the country does not acknowledge and then to disavow their sacrifice on a technicality is beyond reprehensible. 

So, yes, actual armed services personnel KIA in Ukraine, much lower than the figures stated above.  But if the Kremlin apologists can actually come on this forum (or any other media outlet) and disavow the deaths of their countrymen, I would tell these people that shame is great upon them.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1423 on: December 31, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
tell these people that shame is great upon them.

300% agree

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1424 on: December 31, 2014, 07:50:41 PM »
$1 = 50 rubles
I barrel oil is $80
It is today

Oil keeps dropping.  Down another .85 cents today.  It's got a long way to hit $80 in the New Year.   :devil:

http://www.oil-price.net/

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541568
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1526