It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Blondie thoughts about everything....  (Read 74887 times)

Offline SMS60

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Blondie thoughts about everything....
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 06:23:28 AM »
The dominance of women frightens men more than impotence. Yep??

Nope. But there are sheepish men in the world who lost out on a backbone may agree with you. I doubt a confident, successful man building his empire in life ever gives 2nd thoughts about a women who thinks she is dominant.
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 06:39:36 AM »
I always thought that progress must be reasonably within .without kinks in the extreme. A woman should be a woman and homemaker. Man-to-head and breadwinner. Therefore, different variations of the parties to the parties often lead to violations of harmony in the relationship.
Happiness does not come - from happiness are born, as with the nose or legs, ass and everything else, or you're born with it or not

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »
I always thought that progress must be reasonably within .without kinks in the extreme. A woman should be a woman and homemaker. Man-to-head and breadwinner. Therefore, different variations of the parties to the parties often lead to violations of harmony in the relationship.

Here I disagree just a tad.

A woman should be a woman. Period. Homemaker. That belongs to the married couple, both. Man-to-head and breadwinner? Well, I think of myself as the head of the household. In a year my wife will be the "breadwinner." Not that I will be pennyless, it is just that she will start making a lot of money. To which I say "YAY" here comes my Porsche.

Guess who's going to take care of our young child when I retire? Hint: The little one wants me to teach him how to play golf.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
Oh, if people stopped thinking patterns and stereotypes ... like it would be nice to live. We come into this world pure and innocent in our mind, a white sheet of paper, write what you want, be what you want. Only then parents begin to enter their personal preferences, fears and secret desires, unrealized projects, and get a new man whose soul asks one, but the mind makes its own way, and the little man is hard to find his place in life.
We walks through the dark alleys of the unconscious and could not find a way.
Someone soon (hopefully) ,someone is too late (not the most ideal option) understands that no one must to live aslike puppet .Big Mind goes beyond the usual and the man becomes truly free. He is no longer a pawn in the mass. He Actor-your reality! You can already choose for myself.

Hmmmn, well we know that is not entirely true since the genetic make up sets limits on the mental/physical potentials.  And I would have thought you would have been a bigger fan of the doctrine of karma.  I would have agreed with this statement some years back, until I found that one is born with mental tendencies that are just as strong as the physical tendencies one is born with.  But, paradoxically, freedom is still possible and only has meaning within a context of constraint.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
I would have agreed with this statement some years back, until I found that one is born with mental tendencies that are just as strong as the physical tendencies one is born with. 

You mind elaborating a little bit on that? The research?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »
You mind elaborating a little bit on that? The research?

The research indeed. 

First off let's state our hypotheses:
That mental tendencies are as strongly inborn as physical tendencies.  Alternatively: While physical tendencies are inborn the mental ones are subject primarily to development, not inborn.

I hope we do not have to debate that physical tendencies are inborn, though certainly it is true that some of these also can be influence somewhat by the course of ones life whereas some are strictly in born: hair color, eye color, skin color, sex, general body type (mesomorph, ectomorph, endomorph) and the list goes on - propensity towards certain diseases for example.  Its known that certain diseases run in certain families or that there are weaknesses in certain organ systems that also are correlated with the family lineage, i.e., they are inborn. 

Now you might ask how one would go proving or disproving our hypotheses.  Hmmmn.  Genetics is always great, and works for the simple things - XY chromosome and you're a boy!  But propensity for disease is not quite down to an unequivicol science.  In medicine, one states the propensity for disease based on risk factors that are based on lifestyle and family history.  So the current state of science, though it changes all the time as the genomics work advances, recognizes a natural element in disease and not just physical disease, mental disease too.  Schizoid tendencies are known to run in families.

Here you go: http://www.minddisorders.com/Py-Z/Schizoid-personality-disorder.html

But research also shows they correlate with month of birth: http://www.schizophrenia.com/prevention/season.html

So now we get closer to our hypothesis.  Science accepts mental disease as being at least sometimes explained as an inborn condition.  But what about a normally functioning mind?  Are normally functioning minds exempt from the influence of nature whereas minds under disease are not?  Is that reasonable?

Many of these questions have not gotten a lot of attention and sometimes the attention gets one in trouble, like IQ test results that differentiate by race.  What seems to be acceptable for discourse these days, however, are that differences in behavior between men and women seem to resolve to physiological differences in the male/female brain.  Big shocker! 

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n11/mente/eisntein/cerebro-homens.html  -- there was an article in Time not so long ago, that drove to the same conclusions.  How times change.

Of course it is still "debatable" as it should be since brain morphometry, for example, has an infamous past, as does all this stuff that says that this group can and that group can’t.  Science can easily become politicized here.  But does anyone seriously think that the male brain and the female brain are the same when the sexes are so clearly differentiated in other ways. This does not argue, btw, for a separation of male/female roles.  It just means that, in their differentiated aspect, that all the various parts must coordinate towards those ends.  All well designed systems are like this – a VW bug engine does not make its way into a Mac truck.  Nature is the master designer.

The "science" here starts to confirm what has always been observed and yes it's in quotes since there are many standards about which a scientific proof may be said to be construed.  For example, you know, the so-called laws of nature are all based on observation and thus there is uncertainty about all these laws as no observational base can ever be entirely comprehensive.  No one can say that the apple might not go up sometime.  What to say about subjects like psychology therefore?  Observation is where it all begins and one should adhere standard of the razor of Occam – law of parsimony, suggesting that one should accept the hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions.  Entire systems of medicine, sustaining populations for eons, link psychology with physiology; Ayurveda for example.  And who wants to take on Plato who says that the golden son does not emerge from the tin parents?

The Tabla Rasa idea of mind upon birth is the upstart – the weak hypothesis, the one with the least evidence in history and science. 

Honorary Ph.D. anyone?

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 11:53:18 PM »
 :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :applaud:

Im yours Mr S

Happiness does not come - from happiness are born, as with the nose or legs, ass and everything else, or you're born with it or not

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :applaud:

Im yours Mr S

Cool!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDtxiNwDS8[/youtube]

Now what?

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 12:15:17 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aht9hcDFyVw[/youtube]

Maybe we can dance?

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aht9hcDFyVw[/youtube]

Maybe we can dance?

Oooh!  Slow dance - most fun you can have while standing up!  I'm in, at least in theory.  What would I need, 9,000 mile arms for this dance? 

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 06:22:07 AM »
The Tabla Rasa idea of mind upon birth ... Honorary Ph.D. anyone?
Not in Latin Lit., it's tabula rasa ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »
hmmm.....interesting ....Who ignoring me? Just have look my profile and saw notice about 1 member ignoring me.....strange

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
Not in Latin Lit., it's tabula rasa ;D.

Could I get a Ph.D. in Tabla playing then?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l1o6qEQxBs[/youtube]

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
YOu can be  dear M ;D

What do u think about Johann Johannsson  |  Englaborn?

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 09:48:04 AM »
YOu can be  dear M ;D

What do u think about Johann Johannsson  |  Englaborn?

Very nice, reminds me a little of the famous:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KylMqxLzNGo[/youtube]

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
Probably in the antecedents I was a cobra. The refined music bewitches me. I would like to curl up under a warm plaid, to close eyes and it will be dissolved in the fine. That anything or nobody could disturb me.

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
Probably in the antecedents I was a cobra. The refined music bewitches me. I would like to curl up under a warm plaid, to close eyes and it will be dissolved in the fine. That anything or nobody could disturb me.

To further your transformation into a witch:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTJt2kDKJ0[/youtube]

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »
You saw in me a witch? I wonder how? I'm not sure that our souls may meet today at a distance of half the world. Or ..... could??
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdqqqMKkT4 [/youtube]

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
You saw in me a witch? I wonder how? I'm not sure that our souls may meet today at a distance of half the world. Or ..... could??
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdqqqMKkT4 [/youtube]

Such tender sweethearts they were and what a great show, the Moulin Rouge. 

"I wonder how?"
Said so your self - bewitched means to become a witch.  English lesson for you today.

Yes, souls may meet though half a world distant, in our case over the Pacific ocean.  A dangerous place for sweethearts to meet ...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalGKY7ifU[/youtube]

Look at us Sia, so lovey-dovey.  See RWD - how its done!

Offline possum

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 11:13:03 AM »
LOL careful, Shosty, you're stepping into unchartered territory there.. Many a man has gone this route before you and lost his way.. :P
Why get a ball and chain when you can get the milk for free?

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
LOL careful, Shosty, you're stepping into unchartered territory there.. Many a man has gone this route before you and lost his way.. :P

Wait!  If its uncharted then how come many men have gone that way?  Who are these men, that I might better chart my course?   Tomskers: tell your tale!

Offline possum

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:42 AM »
Wait!  If its uncharted then how come many men have gone that way?  Who are these men, that I might better chart my course?   Tomskers: tell your tale!

Umm I guess you could draw a parallel with the Bermuda Triangle, the difference being this little geometric anomaly is landlocked.. That also applies to the city of Tomsk.:P

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
Umm I guess you could draw a parallel with the Bermuda Triangle, the difference being this little geometric anomaly is landlocked.. That also applies to the city of Tomsk.:P

I understand. The abyss looks back into you and dead men tell no tales.  Tomsk: the dead city of no return, where sweethearts find their tender embrace turns to a death grip.  Sia - now what about your blondie thoughts about that?!   And how did you escape, Mr. Possum?  Or could this be a case of the jilted lover's revenge?

Offline Sia

• Local Ghost
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »
I allowed myself to think nothing and do not comment on the fact which is have not been.If nothing was therefore no subject for discussion. Possy-sweet nice boy, because of their young age, temperamently and flammable, is not uncommon does not control the impulses of the unconscious ego, as a consequence, makes mistakes, then delves about it.But generally, sweet and educated young man.Maybe He is a brunette with dark eyes and cocky character who carefully hide.I like him.... he cute ....but .....

Offline possum

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 12:13:38 PM »
I understand. The abyss looks back into you and dead men tell no tales.  Tomsk: the dead city of no return, where sweethearts find their tender embrace turns to a death grip.  Sia - now what about your blondie thoughts about that?!   And how did you escape, Mr. Possum?  Or could this be a case of the jilted lover's revenge?

Oh how wonderful it is to be able to shout from the rooftops and to give warning to unsuspecting wayfarers and wanderers in search of the eternal bliss of matrimony.. There is no escaping the city of disillusionment known as Tomsk. As soon as you find yourself surrounded by it's quadricentennial walls you'll be forever stuck trying to find a way out because you will have fallen into a crack between the past and the future.  :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2966
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2958
Total: 2968

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill