It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kursk  (Read 27593 times)

lordtiberius

Re: Kursk
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjata
Marjata is a purpose-built electronic intelligence collection vessel (ELINT).  . . .
  • perated by the Norwegian Intelligence Service, and is considered to be one of the most advanced ships of her kind in the world. Her main role is surveillance of the Russian Northern fleet`s activity in the Barents Sea, but is constructed for operations all over the world.

she is also built with a very low noise signature, so that the ship itself does not interfere with the onboard sensors. Marjata also has large internal bay for computing and analyzing of reconnaissance data. The ramform type ships are often used for seismological surveys of the seabed. Marjata is well suited for operation in arctic conditions for prolonged periods of time.

She is the third ship that bears the name Marjata, all of which has been used for military intelligence purposes by the Norwegian Armed Forces.
 . . . The various ships that have borne the name Marjata has always been looked upon with disapproval by the Russian and former Soviet, authorities.

The ship was also in the area when the accident occurred. It was located 19 kilometers away when it was registered an explosion that was interpreted as a "soft explosion". A little while later an earthquake measuring device picked up a second explosion which is thought to have occurred when Kursk hit the seabed. This secondary event is estimated to be equal to two tons of TNT

During the salvage of the Kursk, there was also considerable disagreement about Marjata's position and actions.

lordtiberius

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 10:00:23 PM »

So I went to the printers.  I had about ten locally in my area.  We had an accident in the main drag that blocked me from hitting up the first two.  So I detoured and  hit up the next three.

I didn’t know what kind of paper I was going to use to print these books for the comic book convention coming up in February.  I am not ready to go the one in January, but I am going to check out this one.

FedEx gives the best customer service.  They are open 24 hours, but they are the most expensive.  So I had to find an alternative printer that bring down the overall price of the product.

I couldn’t find  the third one, the fourth one was closed.  The fifth one was not equipped to do business with me and asked that I leave my name and phone number.  So after I finished my errands, I went back to FedEx,

I learned what paper I needed – photo glossy text and the quality of paper for the interior pages is 20 lb.  They are THE BEST!

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 02:39:24 PM »
concentrated hydrogen peroxide and kerosene together in a cylindrical container with a warhead strapped on top, all made in a facory in Russia, being manhandled by drunken Russian sailors, can I go home now?   

lordtiberius

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »
Did you check out the sample?

lordtiberius

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »

lordtiberius

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »

lordtiberius

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »

lordtiberius

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 09:10:38 PM »
http://evasiljeva.livejournal.com/117265.html

a blog entry about Alexander Yakovlevich, a Russian Naval Officer serving on duty at the time of the Kursk disaster:

lordtiberius

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1898
Total: 1909

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM