It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian news  (Read 149801 times)

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »
I disagree.  They are too dangerous and destabilize World Peace>  There must be a partition.  I am sorry but this is the only way

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Russian news
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 04:07:10 AM »
Assad's days are numbered.  He killed American soldiers.

based on that 'pretext'  How many nation's leaders are up for 'execution' by other states for having been involved in action against their interests....

Let's have total anarchy
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 04:36:16 AM »
If killing American soldiers isn't a pretext for war, what is?

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
Russian news
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »
If killing American soldiers isn't a pretext for war, what is?

I can only hope your comment wan't a serious response...

IF it was then are the operators of drones and those that order an Op ...involving 'collateral damage' not open to 'revenge' from the relatives of the 'collateral damage' based on your overly simplistic ' these are our own and their deaths must be avenged'...?

Should I have wished death on the father of my former RU partner for training N.Vietnamese to use SAMs against US F-111's, F4's, etc., ?

NOTHING is that simple... I come from the part of Ireland where the killing of someone tended to create a revengful relative or two :(
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Russian news
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2015, 05:47:38 AM »
I can only hope your comment wan't a serious response...

You can only hope the world is full of informed and compassionate people too.

BTW, cheers Mobyone Kenobi  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Russian news
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 05:51:05 AM »
Assad's days are numbered.  He killed American soldiers.

Assad's days MAY be numbered, but if American soldiers are in battle then they are obviously subject to getting killed.  We don't get to prance around the globe killing others without the risk of also getting killed, except in the case of our drone program.   

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:45 AM »
There is only one man who can authorize drone strikes.  One man - his name is Obama.  I didn't vote for him.  Take up your complaints with him and stop running down my country.

The fact you coupled with someone responsible for killing my brothers is something you live with, not me.

Asaad is not our ally.  He is Putin's.  And while we are on topic, Putin should ready his soul to meet his Maker.  He has a lot to atone for.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
Russian news
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 07:45:47 AM »
There is only one man who can authorize drone strikes.  One man - his name is Obama.  I didn't vote for him.  Take up your complaints with him and stop running down my country.

The fact you coupled with someone responsible for killing my brothers is something you live with, not me.

Asaad is not our ally.  He is Putin's.  And while we are on topic, Putin should ready his soul to meet his Maker.  He has a lot to atone for.

Ah, here is one of those hypocrisy moments, LT.  You can't say you didn't vote for Obama and wipe your hands clean while also telling the Russians they need to do something about Putin and they deserve to suffer until they do so.

Obama represents America the same as Putin representing Russia. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:51:32 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »
I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.  And quite frankly I agree with you.  I just don't know what to do about Obama except to praise the guys resisting Obama like Louie Gohmert while swiftboating the dbags who aren't like Boehner and McConnell. 

Do you have any ideas?

Offline fathertime

Russian news
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:53 AM »

My point still stands.   If Americans are involved in war then some will die.  That is how war works.   We can't expect peoples to just stand there as target practice and not react.
If we use drone strikes it can present different risks. 

Fathertime!

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
Russian news
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.  And quite frankly I agree with you.  I just don't know what to do about Obama except to praise the guys resisting Obama like Louie Gohmert while swiftboating the dbags who aren't like Boehner and McConnell. 

Do you have any ideas?

Man, that is the trillion dollar question, isn't it.  I do think our system is broken and it will get worst.  Both parties are essentially the same.

It's now more of a matter of who promises what that seems to get people elected.  Unfortunately, it isn't about what makes a country strong, but about getting your own these days.

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
8 years ago, I would say we have a cultural problem.  If only we could recruit leaders of good character, we could remedy this $18T problem.  But Live, it appears you are correct.  There seems to be a systematic problem in DC.  We have men and women in both parties addicted to deficit spending.  The Senate is a place of royalty instead of a deliberative legislative body that represents state interests.  And the voters are unbelievably stupid.

My mother was born in the Philippines and they use to say that the PI had one SOB and 65m cowards.  I don't know what the twice elected President say about us.  I really don't know what to do about except to hold people responsible for their votes and educate the voters.  I am out to sea here.  Help!

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
My point still stands.   If Americans are involved in war then some will die.  That is how war works.   We can't expect peoples to just stand there as target practice and not react.
If we use drone strikes it can present different risks. 

Fathertime!

I actually agree with on the drone policy.  But again, you criticizing people who have no influence on who gets droned is counterproductive.  Obama decides.  John OBrennan decides.  General Clapper (the guy who lied before Congress) decides.  I don't. ,

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
Russian news
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2015, 01:10:34 PM »
http://www.interpretermag.com/ten-films-moscow-wont-let-russians-see-and-why-russians-will-as-a-result/

I suspect he is correct.  The more Russia tries to ban media (including films), the more the intellectuals will find ways to circumvent the bans.  Russia already has the best experts at making 'pirate' copies of media.  I suspect the 'unwashed' will continue to suck up the Kremlin propaganda and not bother to go out of their way to find copies of these films.  At least some of the population will see them and spread the word.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline alex330

Russian news
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Israel against supplying weapons to the  Ukrainian government, which is battling a Russian- backed insurgency in its  eastern province.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Putin-warns-Israel-against-selling-arms-to-Ukraine-398497

Am I missing something here? Didn't Putin just give the green light on transferring Russian S-300's to Iran? Maybe that deal is inconsequential as they seem to keep failing to launch?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Russian news
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Israel against supplying weapons to the  Ukrainian government, which is battling a Russian- backed insurgency in its  eastern province.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Putin-warns-Israel-against-selling-arms-to-Ukraine-398497

Am I missing something here? Didn't Putin just give the green light on transferring Russian S-300's to Iran? Maybe that deal is inconsequential as they seem to keep failing to launch?

Why would Israel sell weapons to those fascist Nazi bastards in Kiev anyways?   :rolleyes:

Offline fathertime

Russian news
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2015, 08:30:01 AM »
While browsing about the internet I read that France/Russia are still discussing a way to get Russia those warships. 

If the ships don't make it, it seems that France is on the hook for some penalties and reimbursing Russia for money already paid...which amounts to a lot...

I thought I read somewhere here that the warships were already sold to NATO or something?

http://news.yahoo.com/france-russia-negotiating-solution-frozen-warship-deal-001609289.html;_ylt=AwrXgiNGyDNV91oAMC_QtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTByM3V1YTVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Fathertime!   

Offline alex330

Russian news
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
I thought I read somewhere here that the warships were already sold to NATO or something?

That was an April Fools joke.

lordtiberius

Russian news
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Russian news
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
Russia’s seat in G8 ‘hinges’ on resolution of Ukraine conflict – German FM

Despite intense diplomatic efforts on the part of Moscow to find a political solution to the Ukraine crisis, G7 leaders are not yet ready to welcome Russia back at the discussion table, German FM said, insisting on further steps to deescalate the crisis.

“I wish for Russia to return to the G8 nations but the way to get there hinges on its assistance and effort to put an end to the conflict in eastern Ukraine,” German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said as the G7 (former G8) foreign ministers began to arrive in Lubeck.

Speaking at an event with German students, Steinmeier said Russia’s participation is vital for solving a variety of international problems. Making it clear that Germany does not wish Russia to be excluded indefinitely, the minister also warned against further isolating Russia.

“I have no interest in Russia being permanently isolated – we know from history that someone who is isolated can develop more dangerously than someone who is not,” he said.

“We need very much Russia’s assistance in resolving such issues as Iran, Syria,” Steinmeier said. “These conflicts are impossible to resolve without Russia’s participation,” he stressed.

There is more read about it here
http://rt.com/news/249717-g7-germany-russian-participation/
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Russian news
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2015, 12:42:22 PM »
Russian S-300 Missile Defense System Would Complicate An Israeli Air Strike

Progress made so far in the Iran nuclear negotiations has added an interesting new
element to the discussion: Russia’s proposed delivery of a new missile system to Iran,
which might render Israeli air strike capabilities largely ineffective.

Even before any final agreement has emerged as a result of the negotiations, Moscow
has moved to restart its delivery of the Russian S-300 missile defense system to Tehran.
Russia initially agreed to impose a shipment ban in 2010, owing to outside pressure
after UN sanctions kicked into gear against Iran.

Russian President Vladimir Putin officially lifted that ban on Monday, despite a warning
from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of the threat the S-300 system may
pose to security in the Middle East.

“The window narrows substantially — the Israelis are buying F-35s, so they’ll have
stealth aircraft [some time in 2016], and they of course have ballistic missiles, which
are capable of reaching, but perhaps only doing less damage to Iranian facilities,”
Tom Donnelly, defense and security policy analyst at the American Enterprise Institute,
told The Daily Caller News Foundation, speaking of the S-300’s implications for Israeli
strike capabilities.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/17/russian-s-300-missile-defense-system-would-complicate-an-israeli-air-strike/
FSUW don't do vague

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Russian news
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2015, 12:49:54 PM »
Russia Declares Worst Is Over as Economy Adapts to Sanctions

(Bloomberg) -- The worst is over for Russia’s economy after a tailspin in oil
prices and sanctions over Ukraine sparked the biggest currency crisis since
1998, putting the nation on the brink of its first recession in six years, according
to Finance Minister Anton Siluanov.

“The negative peak is behind us and instead we are seeing certain signs of
stabilization,” Siluanov said in Moscow Thursday at a conference organized
by the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, the nation’s big-
business lobby. “The situation in the financial sector is also stabilizing.

We see rising returns on debt markets, and the financial market is showing
momentum toward growth.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/russia-says-worst-of-crisis-over-as-economy-adapts-to-sanctions

Here is another similar article

http://1clicknews.com/%E2%80%8Bworld-bank-admits-peak-of-russia-economic-crisis-over/
FSUW don't do vague

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Russian news
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2015, 12:53:16 PM »
North Pole-2015: Russia launches drifting Arctic station

Russia has inaugurated the North Pole-2015, a new scientific drifting station designed to maintain the presence of Russian researchers in the Arctic Ocean for months.

The start of work for some 20 researchers onboard the drifting ice block signals the arrival of Russian scientific research in the region again.

Russia has had floating research stations in the Arctic since 1937. The last station in the High North, North Pole-40, had to be evacuated in May 2013 because the ice floe started to break apart.

read more here
http://rt.com/news/250969-russian-arctic-station-research/
FSUW don't do vague

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
Russian news
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »
Russia Economic Data Blunts Putin's Optimism

Russia's economy is under pressure from Western sanctions imposed on Moscow over its actions in Ukraine and steep falls in the price of oil, Russia's main export.

The ruble slumped 4 percent and Moscow-listed stocks fell on Friday after official data showed that Russia's economy contracted sharply in the first quarter of this year.

The data, which showed a deep decline in real wages and consumer spending, came a day after President Vladimir Putin told Russians that the worst of the economic crisis was behind them.

But despite Putin's positivity, Russia's problems aren't over yet. Economic activity plummeted in the first three months of the year according to figures released by the Rosstat state statistics service.

Retail sales contracted by 8.7 percent in March, compared to the same month in 2014. Real wages fell 9.3 percent year-on-year. Unemployment rose by 100,000 people in March to 4.5 million, or 5.9 percent of the economically active population.

Investment slumped by 5.3 percent compared with March 2014, the Rosstat figures showed. Industrial production was down by 0.6 percent year-on-year.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-economic-data-blunts-putins-optimism/519340.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541388
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2198
Total: 2208

+-Recent Posts

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:57:12 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM