It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2nd Trip planning  (Read 35320 times)

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
2nd Trip planning
« on: January 22, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
I am going on 2nd trip in 3 weeks.

Kiev (3), Nikolaev (2), Odessa (2), Kharkiv (1) in late Feb/early March. # of ladies in the brackets. 2 in Kiev are second visits.

Just one in Kharkiv. She is a doll.:D

There is one in Minsk I might want to add.

Kiev I am pretty familiar with now. Have never been to the others.

I didn't get the memo about FSUW preferring men who do WOVO. ;D

So shooting for 4 days in Kiev, at least 3 each in Odessa & Nikolaev and 2 in Kharkiv. All in addition to travel days. I will stop if I find THE ONE at any point. I am flexible to stay extended time if I need to. UIA is cheap enough to buy ticket on another day.

I am actually beginning to think I might be biting more than I can chew. No worries about time as I have 24 days PTO carried over from 2016.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2nd Trip planning
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »

I am actually beginning to think I might be biting more than I can chew.

Yes you are.  The number of women you are meeting is not too high . . . but the number of cities you will be visiting is.

You will suffer exhaustion, and upon your return will realize you have basically wasted your vacation time.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »
How are you explaining where you have been and are going next?
The questions will come fairly cleverly and your reactions watched ! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:58:32 AM »
Yes you are.  The number of women you are meeting is not too high . . . but the number of cities you will be visiting is.

You will suffer exhaustion, and upon your return will realize you have basically wasted your vacation time.

"You will suffer exhaustion"  from getting access to apartments and leaving!

That sort of schedule is hotel only deal  --except maybe for Odessa where location rules-- and if you use recommendation it will go as smoothly as a hotel check-in.

Incidentally --most apartments will want cash folding money.

btw --OP  -- are you from cold climate in US? Because it will be cold in UKR at that time/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:00:39 AM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:27:45 AM »

I agree. If I were you I would skip Nikolaev and head straight to Kharkov, it's a much more interesting city and the women are amazing. If things don't go well with the woman you plan to meet there, you can get in touch with Mila and she can introduce you to some great gals.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline wallm

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 04:06:00 AM »

Shit man, you are always bearer of good news.  ;D

Offline wallm

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 04:09:50 AM »

"You will suffer exhaustion"  from getting access to apartments and leaving!

That sort of schedule is hotel only deal  --except maybe for Odessa where location rules-- and if you use recommendation it will go as smoothly as a hotel check-in.

Incidentally --most apartments will want cash folding money.

btw --OP  -- are you from cold climate in US? Because it will be cold in UKR at that time/

I will check if that apartment in Odessa you recommended is available.

Yes, I live in cold climate. It won't bother me unless it snows 3 feet in one day like with a Noreaster. Was in Kiev in November when it snowed. it was miserable walking around as they don't shovel for days. But otherwise it was fine.

Offline wallm

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 04:59:03 AM »

Can I plead the fifth?  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:10:06 AM by wallm »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 10:42:27 AM »
Wall, I think you'll spend most of your time travelling than seeing the women and to echo what others have said on here, you'll be knackered. One way around this is to get the women to travel to you in the Ukraine. So the two in Nikolaev could come to Odessa and the Kharkiv one to Kiev. You'll have to pay their train/bus costs but these are cheap and can often be done online - a couple of hundred hgrivna for the mini bus from Nikolaev to Odessa, and same back the other way. So just a handful of dollars to you and saves you the journeying. Worst case scenario she'll need a hotel for the night, but this can be booked cheap by you online - just book her into a two star somewhere near/between the train/bus terminal and where you are. Two star hotels as you no doubt are aware are cheap out there for us.

So the cost will be slightly more but not by a lot as of course you would save on any travelling costs done by yourself including expensive taxi rides to the bus/train terminals and hotels. Remember also that you may have to overlap hotels to make sure your covered if visiting different cities as its per night. So all in all it can be less fuss to get the girl to visit you in one city - if she's not willing to do this then she's not that into you, apparently many Ukrainian people supposedly like traveling .

Even still with this approach, I would suggest that you make sure you have a fair number of days to see the girls with proper amount to time devoted to each one. Adding of course time to recover & set off for the flight.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JayH

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
Can I plead the fifth?  :D

It will not help!

Believe me-- you better have a good story ! And be able to tell it with conviction !

This issue is the achilles heel of meeting many  -- once a girl sniffs that out you will need plenty going for you to survive it.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
2nd Trip planning
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »
2 in Kiev are second visits.

You are recycling girls. If either of the 2 girls in Kiev were keepers then you wouldn't
be visiting others.

If your goal is to find the future Mrs Wally, then you are wasting time. You only want to
meet exceptional girls twice. If your goal is to bang a few hopeful girls then you might
have success or it could easily blow up in your face. I am neither a priest nor the forum
morality advocate.

If your goal is to find the Mrs Wally then cancel the second dates with the two Kiev
girls. If you goal is to get laid then I suggest you win the heart and seduce the best
Mrs Wally candidate you can find or hire a professional saving time, potential
heart ache for the Kiev girls, distraction and extra travel on your part.

I can give you advice if you are trying to find the future Mrs Wally. I'm not really
an expert at hiring pros or deceiving girls for sex. Always wear a raincoat.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:44:22 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline wallm

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »
I do NOT need to fly 10000 miles to get laid. I was able to see them only once due to time constraints. Have kept in touch via Skype since returning. Don't know if any of the ladies I will meet is future Mrs. Me.  ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
2nd Trip planning
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 04:35:26 PM »
I do NOT need to fly 10000 miles to get laid. I was able to see them only once due to time constraints. Have kept in touch via Skype since returning. Don't know if any of the ladies I will meet is future Mrs. Me.  ;D

I can make an assessment of a woman during an hour meeting. Is Elena better than
Olya or Sveta? Yes or no? I narrow things down. I suggest that if you don't you will
be scattered. In any one of those cities you have virtually unlimited unmarried women.
You can have 1-2 dates per day rejecting 98% of the girls, until you find one that is
exceptional and far better than the others.

You only want an exceptional girl. If you can't decide who is better between Sveta and
Olya then reject both of them and keep dating.

That's my opinion on how to date many vs one.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline wallm

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 07:10:44 PM »
As I think about it, makes sense.
On my previous visit, majority were one date and done.

Offline southernX

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:28 PM »

yes i think this one might be worth prepping an honest answer  for wallm

i also think your trying to cover too much ground , too many cities in your trip , given the time of year , weather and roads , even trains , its alot of running around for just one or two ladys

id be inclined to drop odessa  of the list myself
def , visit kiev and kharkiv though

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline JayH

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 12:49:55 AM »
I will check if that apartment in Odessa you recommended is available.

Yes, I live in cold climate. It won't bother me unless it snows 3 feet in one day like with a Noreaster. Was in Kiev in November when it snowed. it was miserable walking around as they don't shovel for days. But otherwise it was fine.

November snow was early and it was unusually cold early  -- so maybe not in the snow shovelling window at that time.!
This time you will be on the tail of the really cold weather -- so could go either way.Further south should be better -- but you cannot count on it!

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 05:03:17 AM »
I suggest the Talk to one or two a lot on skype..

Than go and meet one for an extended visit...
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 12:49:11 PM »
I suggest the Talk to one or two a lot on skype..

Than go and meet one for an extended visit...

Far, far, far too often here . . . one's very limited experience is substituted for logic.

This is similar to the person who won the lottery telling his friends that they will also likely win if they play the lottery.

Anyone with a tiny, tiny bit of logical reasoning ability will know that the chances of finding the right gal on a first meeting has an extremely, extremely low probability.

First timers should steadfastly ignore advice given by those with very, very limited experience . . . even (and perhaps especially) when those persons had hit a home run on their first time at bat.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:52:44 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LAman

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 01:13:56 AM »
Wallm, it is quite of few cities to visit. Maybe you should try to figure out your modes of transportation and how easily/difficult to it is to move around, It is definitely more difficult in winter. Trains would be safest when there is snow/ice on the ground. Maybe once you find out the difficulties you will change itinerary.

here are links to train and bus( I am sure you have flight info):

http://uz.gov.ua/en/passengers/timetable/
http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/

http://ticket.bus.com.ua/
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline wallm

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 08:20:20 PM »
Thanks LAman.

I plan to use the puddle jumpers from UIA to travel between the cities. They are short flights of an hour each. No trains for me. Never been in trains in Ukraine and don't want to do it during the winter.

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 08:28:43 PM »
Thanks LAman.

I plan to use the puddle jumpers from UIA to travel between the cities. They are short flights of an hour each. No trains for me. Never been in trains in Ukraine and don't want to do it during the winter.

But you don't mind being on planes with inadequate deicing ability and that land on un-maintained snowy and icy runways ??

Offline wallm

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »
But you don't mind being on planes with inadequate deicing ability and that land on un-maintained snowy and icy runways ??

Man, I am a nervous flier as it is. Don't scare me with this stuff. ;D

They did deice in November at KBP and they do have runway clearing trucks. I hope they do at ODS and HRK too.

It was kind of funny though when one of those pushback tugs in KBP just couldn't push an Austrian Airlines plane over a patch of frozen snow at the departure gate.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
Man, I am a nervous flier as it is. Don't scare me with this stuff. ;D

They did deice in November at KBP and they do have runway clearing trucks. I hope they do at ODS and HRK too.

Just a different perspective from the far side of the world - I love flying, but why would you bother inside a country where the distances are relatively short?  Although I haven't been to Kharkiv, I have visited Odessa, having taken a luxury coach trip from Kyiv for less than $20.  That trip took a bit over five hours, with one stop about halfway for the smokers (although, as there was a toilet on board, a comfort stop as such wasn't needed).  :D  It went from the main bus station in Kyiv (just outside the centre) to the main bus station in Odessa (again, just outside the centre).  There were no security checks, and it was simply a case of buy your ticket and get on board.  I got collected at the bus station, and fifteen minutes later I was at the door of my apartment near the Potemkin Steps.

Contrast that with needing to get from the centre of Kyiv out to Boryspil airport (unless you're lucky enough to fly out of Zhulyany), which may take up to an hour, and having to check in at least an hour (maybe two) ahead of takeoff time anyway, then spend time going through security before finally getting on your plane.  At the other end you then wait half an hour for your luggage!  All up you're in Odessa only an hour (at the most) quicker than my trip - and you may have had a really rough flight, or your luggage may have gone to L'viv, or the security staff didn't like the look of you and did a cavity search.  :o

No pressure, of course...but worth considering if you haven't already got your flight tickets.

Offline wallm

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 06:33:15 PM »
Good points. My hesitation with this is the fact that I don't have a clue how to get on these trains. I do know where the train station is on Khreschatyk street in Kiev. I believe I have to get on train there and then get on the train to Odessa. I don't speak any Russian beyond the very basic. I see that there is a fast Intercity train between Kiev and Odessa which takes about 6 hours. It costs 511 UAH for First class which is peanuts. I am hesitant to use it because it reaches Odessa at 1130 PM. That late....is the last thing I need. I will have to find a taxi at that hour to go to the hotel/apartment. If it was a morning train, I could try that instead of flying.

Offline LAman

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 01:11:18 AM »
Good points. My hesitation with this is the fact that I don't have a clue how to get on these trains. I do know where the train station is on Khreschatyk street in Kiev. I believe I have to get on train there and then get on the train to Odessa. I don't speak any Russian beyond the very basic. I see that there is a fast Intercity train between Kiev and Odessa which takes about 6 hours. It costs 511 UAH for First class which is peanuts. I am hesitant to use it because it reaches Odessa at 1130 PM. That late....is the last thing I need. I will have to find a taxi at that hour to go to the hotel/apartment. If it was a morning train, I could try that instead of flying.

Dude, why don't you ask any questions and maybe someone here has the answers???

Train station is at end of Symona Petlyury St  which also ends at Tarasa Shevchenko ( large street). But best to just take red line and get off at Volkzalna metro which is right next to train station. You can buy ticket online and use email ticket on phone to scan with conductor. In Odesa, train station is 20 minutes walking from centre. ANY taxi next to train station will get you into centre if you don't want to walk, 80-100m uah. If you used ( I wouldn't) nice bus kiwi spoke of, it stops right next to train station in Odesa, I'm not sure if this company still in business, it is called Autolux.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2200
Total: 2209

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM