It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is pursuing an FSU wife for everyone?  (Read 16451 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Is pursuing an FSU wife for everyone?
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2020, 10:04:06 AM »
I only dated one girl at at a time in Ukraine (Kyiv, Odessa and Sevastopol...)

before I took a sabbatical in Kyiv in my late 30s (pic of me from Kyiv in 1996 and my first GF from Taras Shevchenko)
I had to deal with the hideously awful Silicon Valley dating “scene" I could ONLY date women at most 3-4 years younger than me, and half the women I dated there were older than me...
and they were all kinda plain or average lookin....

also, mental health issues were VERY common there, a lot of bi-polar and Obsessive Compulsives who have to take Zolloft
not fun having to deal with that, ALL THE TIME THERE!!!

in Ukraine, I could date College Freshman that looked like freakin super models....

given the choice, why wouldn’t I want to date super model looking college freshman 20 years younger than me vrs average American women 3-4 years younger or older?

hmmmmmm.....

if you find a sexual “Nirvana” why would you ever go back to your old world?

Nirvana, meant that in this Brave New World, just because of the fact that I am uniquely different looking and non-Russian in appearance, and behavior and highly “EXOTIC”...
and importantly, also considered to be attractive to the tastes of most young Russian women, meant that I NEVER ONCE had to look for women in Ukraine.....

because they ALWAYS approached me first....
like they were DRAWN to me by my appearance...

and 100% they were drawn to me over sex
and usually the first time we were alone together
they’d take their undies off and show me their “junk”

so I don’t know
does that make me a VM or VO

Being a straight guy I'm no expert in how attractive looking a guy is but my guess is that you're probably above average in looks Krim, probably not a Brad Pitt but probably above average at least. Add to that being a guy with money out there in a time that was pretty bad economically and that could explain why you romped home, lol. I've been to Moscow, Kiev and Odessa, I'm an everyday I guess roughly average looking guy but I have never once had women stop me in the street and chat me up, for most guys it's probably not commonplace. Now reverse that for one moment, if you look at most PUA guys who are the women they tend to chat up in the street? It's nearly always the above average looking girls. So I'm guessing it works the same in reverse.

Of a guy has something else going for him like cracking social skills or holds a particular place in society that may help but being above average in looks for either make or female is probably like shooting apples in a barrel.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »
if you think about how important "first impressions" are, then you understand why nicer looking guys do better than the less nicer looking ones...
in Ukraine, clothes are more important as an expression of status than in the West
dressing very upscale, but in a uniquely American way, creates a "visual attraction" for the ladies that generates instant attention
depending on the situation, I could wear skin tight jeans, alligator cowboy boots, and a deerskin jacket, 14k gold framed aviator glasses and an actual Rolex
or a black Versache suit with a purple tie
either one was the equivalent of putting a Neon sign on my back in Ukraine

before I had a girl friend, my business partner took me out to parties all over Kyiv
women there reacted to me like I just flew in from Mars...
and were aggressively hitting on me, like I was a 16 yr old boy in a gay bar
soon as they got me alone some place, either their place or mine, their undies came off...
the first time it happened to me, I was like WTF, is this some kinda KGB setup or something...
but by the third time, I realized that's just "how they do things here"!!!

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:01 PM »
Trench, your posts are irrelevant noise..

This is the stage for those with long experiences of fails success...you only know fails..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2020, 02:45:53 AM »
in Ukraine, clothes are more important as an expression of status than in the West
dressing very upscale, but in a uniquely American way, creates a "visual attraction" for the ladies that generates instant attention
depending on the situation, I could wear skin tight jeans, alligator cowboy boots, and a deerskin jacket, 14k gold framed aviator glasses and an actual Rolex
or a black Versache suit with a purple tie
either one was the equivalent of putting a Neon sign on my back in Ukraine

How do they know you are wearing expensive clothes? After all doesn't one suit look much like another? On many of these suits there is little to nothing on the exterior to show it is Armani, Versace, etc could just be any brand. How would any girl know the gold framed aviator sunglasses are real gold worth $14k? I have a pair at home that I got for two bob of Amazon.

I have indeed heard from a couple of sources before that in Ukraine clothes are everything. Seems perculiar to me and apart from expense kind of dependant on taste perhaps. I never really knew whether I should be dressing in Ukrainian style to not stand out in a bad way or western style to stand out in a good way. I know from discussions on here before and being there that they don't favour dark colours that much apart from perhaps in winter.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2020, 10:01:42 AM »
Trench....
have you ever been in a Ukrainian men’s clothing store?
they sell absolutely the cheapest Chinese clothes that there is...
trash, actually, and it costs a Ukrainian man months of salary for such trashy clothes...
very few men in Ukraine own ANY decent clothing...

it’s just yet another differentiating factor, between you and the local malchicky...

Ukrainian women were ALWAYS taking my Hawaiian silk shirts as souvenirs
clothing is as important a subject to Ukrainian women
as peanuts are to squirrels

PS
give me a bag of peanuts, and I will show you how to get squirrels to come and eat them out of your hand

I learned how to do this when I was a little kid and believe it or not, if you are observant about women
you take this lesson and then you can see how to get women to do the same thing
it works!!

it's all about providing a woman "something she desperately wants"
just like it is with giving the squirrel peanuts
and then....
they'll let you pet them

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:06:42 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »
Ukrainian women were ALWAYS taking my Hawaiian silk shirts as souvenirs
clothing is as important a subject to Ukrainian women
as peanuts are to squirrels

PS
give me a bag of peanuts, and I will show you how to get squirrels to come and eat them out of your hand

I learned how to do this when I was a little kid and believe it or not, if you are observant about women
you take this lesson and then you can see how to get women to do the same thing
it works!!

it's all about providing a woman "something she desperately wants"
just like it is with giving the squirrel peanuts
and then....
they'll let you pet them

Many moons ago, I was living in Los Angeles while some teenage brothers were still back in the Midwest.

They were tall, like 6 foot 4 inches, and couldn't find long shirts in local stores.

Two of them visited me, and we went shopping in Large Men stores and I paid high prices for some long T shirts and button shirts for them.

Later, when they were back home, my Mother told me that girls had liked the long T-shirts and my  brothers gave them to the girls to wear as dresses.

I was quite irritated; and I am sure my brothers never even got a sniff.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2020, 12:39:31 PM »
I totally liked it when my girlfriends wore my t-shirts
because they were so EASY and fast to strip off...
and their boobies bounce in a rather delightful way when ya do it
which looks cool to me

my wife’s DDs look real nice in one of my t-shirts
and they REALLY bounce when I strip her out of it!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:46:18 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »
Trench....
have you ever been in a Ukrainian men’s clothing store?
they sell absolutely the cheapest Chinese clothes that there is...
trash, actually, and it costs a Ukrainian man months of salary for such trashy clothes...
very few men in Ukraine own ANY decent clothing...

One can purchase Italian suits at markets.  Typically, they are out of season in Italy or stolen, but are suits that would cost anywhere from $1500-$3000, haggled price, US$40 and up.

Cheap clothing (Turkish made clothing is as common in Ukraine as is Chinese) looks good on most UM, because the majority of them are very thin. 

I can tell the difference between an off the rack cheap suit and a fitted expensive suit.  However, they both can look good on a man.  The difference is, I don't judge people by what they wear.  UW will notice the difference.  It's another way to size up a WM.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »
A back up plan is a mugs game... IF you fail on a VO trip chances are you didn't do due dilligence..

Bill's back up plan resulted in his meeting his wife, so I wouldn't call it "a mug's game".

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »
“One can purchase Italian suits at markets.  Typically, they are out of season in Italy or stolen, but are suits that would cost anywhere from $1500-$3000, haggled price, US$40 and up.”

must be a “rare find” based on my lack of evidence of ever seeing a UA man dressed in an Italian suit of any kind!

I have ONLY seen the range of UA fashion from hand-me-down starik Sovietska fashions, to modern low quality Turkish and Chinese imports....

I also went into some of the shops in Kyiv, but couldn’t find anything to buy, not even a tie, that just didn’t look like it was something from the Wal-Mart fashion bin...

kakashka...

“The difference is, I don't judge people by what they wear. “

the point, is not for YOU to judge....
the point is that people WILL judge you
and be honest, you will a little bit as well...
based on “what you see"
perception is reality

I always played the clothes angle when I was dating in a different country....
in the UK and Germany, I turned myself into a Cowboy (but without the silly hat) with a soft spoken Virginian southern drawl, girls my own age went gaga and so did the MILFS who tried to get me drunk first

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:01:05 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2020, 03:11:24 PM »

One can purchase Italian suits at markets.  Typically, they are out of season in Italy or stolen, but are suits that would cost anywhere from $1500-$3000, haggled price, US$40 and up.

Cheap clothing (Turkish made clothing is as common in Ukraine as is Chinese) looks good on most UM, because the majority of them are very thin. 

I can tell the difference between an off the rack cheap suit and a fitted expensive suit.  However, they both can look good on a man.  The difference is, I don't judge people by what they wear.  UW will notice the difference.  It's another way to size up a WM.

When I was with Kherson girl we went to this indoor market place towards the outskirts of Kiev. That is where she fished out that blue jacket I showed on hear a year or so back, also a couple of shirts, one a white linen one and a pair of stretch denim jeans, kind of funky looking. I liked the jeans, I later looked up and they are a Turkish fashion brand (Achilles), the shirts I liked also, the jacket I am unsure off, it's a reasonably bright blue. Would have to look up to be sure but think the lot cost towards Ł200.

Apparently inflation has made clothing expensive for a lot of Ukrainians to buy. To me I could afford it but was comparable to UK prices, kind of not quite the cheap price I thought it would be in Ukraine.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2020, 03:16:59 PM »

Bill's back up plan resulted in his meeting his wife, so I wouldn't call it "a mug's game".

Kind of depends what Bill is advocating I guess. I know in the past it was a 'ok she was no good so straight back on the dating sites to fish out another'. I don't think that will work quickly enough for all guys. I think I recall Bill saying he met his back up from his social media. That's probably a better fishing ground so long as a girl can be summoned, it's pretty hit & miss if they are single and interested in the guy, etc.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2020, 03:19:33 PM »
Not that rare, as I have seen them every time I've been in Ukraine, in markets.

There are also plenty of stores in Kyiv that carry Western clothing.

I don't judge people by their clothing  I judge them by their character.  I also know that clothing is not an indicator of wealth.  My wealthiest clients (one a billionaire) typically are dressed casually, usually off the rack, often in $60 jeans.  It's professionals, typically, those who need to impress others to obtain business, that dress in expensive clothing.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »
“One can purchase Italian suits at markets.  Typically, they are out of season in Italy or stolen, but are suits that would cost anywhere from $1500-$3000, haggled price, US$40 and up.”

must be a “rare find” based on my lack of evidence of ever seeing a UA man dressed in an Italian suit of any kind!

I have ONLY seen the range of UA fashion from hand-me-down starik Sovietska fashions, to modern low quality Turkish and Chinese imports....

I also went into some of the shops in Kyiv, but couldn’t find anything to buy, not even a tie, that just didn’t look like it was something from the Wal-Mart fashion bin...

kakashka...

“The difference is, I don't judge people by what they wear. “

the point, is not for YOU to judge....
the point is that people WILL judge you
and be honest, you will a little bit as well...
based on “what you see"
perception is reality

I always played the clothes angle when I was dating in a different country....
in the UK and Germany, I turned myself into a Cowboy (but without the silly hat) with a soft spoken Virginian southern drawl, girls my own age went gaga and so did the MILFS who tried to get me drunk first

Thanks Krim, that's interesting stuff. I'm not sure if I should go the suits angle as it can feel strange walking around in a suit all the time. I kind of liked the more casual look Kherson girl picked out for me. So pairing jeans with a casual suit style jacket and a shirt.

Not sure if I should go Italian or something like Hugo Boss, etc. A lot of that stuff can be quite formal suit stuff.

As far as an angle goes I'm not sure if I have a regional one, I don't think I would go Bowler Hat, there pretty much back in the day, lol. Waist coat? Maybe, they've come back in fashion a little, I noticed Gareth Southgate (England Football Manager) wear one, but I'm not sure it's me, not something I would wear day to day. I think something that's a bit more casual smart might suit me more and be more likely to wear more often.

Online krimster2

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
"My wealthiest clients (one a billionaire) typically are dressed casually"

that's OVER HERE...
not in Russia or Ukraine, just the opposite....

in Russia, I'm a "biznessman", so I dress like one...
I have enough of a "perceived handicap" for being a foreigner, I need something to balance that out
because when Russian men meet me, and evaluate me
I want them to "look up" at me...
and "not down"
ponelle?

I'm not worried at all about Russian women...
I don't dress for them anymore
I already have 5 women I have to take care of and patiently listen to their constant complaining
I don't need any more!!!

it's bizness, that I gotta dress for now
I'm gonna bust outta this bunker two months from now
and I'm gonna be in Moscva!!!

my daughter is freakin getting married there in 3 months...
WTF...
she is either REALLY smart, or really dumb, I still haven't figured out which one it is
outside the Green Zone it's gonna be Zombie land, I just freakin know it, and there I'll be in Mirny in the middle of it all, OMG!!
so, I dunno, maybe I'll just come back to the USA after the wedding instead

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:11:12 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »

There are six Hugo Boss stores in Kyiv.  HB manufacturers suits in Italy, Germany and elsewhere and sells them for thousands.

Who buys them?   UA men (imagine the bribes a chief prosecutor can  obtain by doing a subpar job on a particular case).   I recall walking though a provincial city in Ukraine, with three Bentleys parked outside one business.  Did not see the owners, yet I imagine they wore fine clothing.   

In places where conspicuous consumption was on display (e. g. concerts), I did not see many suits, perhaps because I was distracted by the garish clothing on some babes, presumably expensive based on emblazoned designer names. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
look, it ain’t “raketostroyenye” horrosho?

here’s two pics...
one is of your average run of the mill “gopnick”
and the other is a young malchick dressed in a correct “Men In Black” outfit for Ukraine

if you understand the difference between these photos
which I’m sure you do...
then you’ll understand how to
Dress for Success
in Ukraine

horrosho?
dumayu, ty ponimayesh

Offline Gator

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2020, 09:04:41 PM »

here’s two pics...
and the other is a young malchick dressed in a correct “Men In Black” outfit for Ukraine

Why did you use a selfie photo for the gopnick?

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2020, 10:06:58 PM »
Appearance is important.....

http://youtu.be/S-zrZ_2MLc4

Of course having the personality and the cash to back it up helps!  ;D
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline msmob

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2020, 11:47:42 PM »

Bill had a network of ladies with whom he chatted on MySpace.

Fact is Bill's VM trip failed...THEN he was blessed in meeting Angel Eyes ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:20:40 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2020, 12:12:27 AM »
Appearance is important.....

http://youtu.be/S-zrZ_2MLc4

Of course having the personality and the cash to back it up helps!  ;D

Lol, that's a good video Grumpy :) Looks like it is somewhere in the FSU.

I think it kind of goes for over here as well. If a guy were to work say in the construction trade a lot of women would probably just see the guy as some kind of ancillary role.

The girl in the video is pretty hot, I think a girl in a black dress is always pretty hot (so long as it's not a fat girl). Still not sure about us guys though. I tend to think if we were to all be wearing black suits it would be pretty somber looking.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2020, 12:21:20 AM »
look, it ain’t “raketostroyenye” horrosho?

here’s two pics...

if you understand the difference between these photos
which I’m sure you do...
then you’ll understand how to
Dress for Success
in Ukraine

horrosho?
dumayu, ty ponimayesh

Indeed, I see that the guy in the suit comes across as far more datable looking. Funny thing was though when I was with Kherson girl I was wearing a black suit and she didn't like it because it was black, lol. She was into clothes fashion and liked a bit of colour, maybe just her taste.

As I said to Grumpy I generally tend to like women that wear black dresses. However for a guy I would fear it may be a bit somber. Then there is maybe what might suit me. I think Kherson girl had a point as a lot of black can be quite weird looking, on a guy at least. I'm still a bit unsure of how I should handle it. Should I first meet a girl wearing a black suit then on following dates wearing more casual colourful stuff?

Offline msmob

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2020, 12:29:54 AM »
Lol, that's a good video Grumpy :) Looks like it is somewhere in the FSU.

You claim to have been to Ukraine and cannot tell from all those clues..in the vid..( telephone numbers in adverts and car number plates ) where it was ?

Makes me wonder if you can have been at all...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:20:45 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2020, 01:42:37 AM »
You claim to have been to Ukraine and cannot tell from all those clues..in the vid..( telwphone numbers in adverts and car number plates ) where it was ?

Makes me wonder if you can have been at all...

I was just waking up Mobe, go easy ;D

Offline msmob

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2020, 02:21:46 AM »
I was just waking up Mobe, go easy ;D

Yellow and blue on all the plates...Even I, without glasses, can spot THAT

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1991
Total: 2001

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM