It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New FSUW scam target  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
New FSUW scam target
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »
This might interest those of you who have read about FSUW scams for years.

Russian Women Accused of Posing as Jihadist Brides to Dupe Islamic State

A group of women from the North Caucasus republic of Chechnya have been accused of posing as cash-strapped Jihadist brides in a bid to defraud Islamic State recruiters, Russian tabloid LifeNews reported Thursday.

Members of the Islamic State offered one woman a payment of 10,000 rubles ($167) to travel to Syria, but rather than purchasing a plane ticket, she pocketed the money and blocked her would-be suitor on social media, LifeNews reported.

Recruiters for the feared terrorist organization, which is banned in Russia, have been particularly active in the largely Muslim republics of the North Caucasus, where corruption and poverty are rampant and an anti-Moscow Islamic insurgency has simmered for over a decade.

Three women were detained by Chechen police as suspects in the alleged fraud, but were released after signing an agreement not to flee the country, according to LifeNews, which enjoys close ties to the Russian security services.

In an interview with LifeNews, one of the suspects said that she had received a total of 45,000 rubles ($752) from members of the Islamic State she met online. The woman, who gave her name as Maryam, said that she originally intended to follow the example of friends and join fighters in Iraq and Syria, but ended up just pocketing the cash and remaining in Chechnya, according to LifeNews

And another way this parallels the long-established FSUW scams:

The ruse has also been practiced by other Chechens, including local men who have posed as Muslim women in order to defraud Islamic State fighters, LifeNews reported.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-women-accused-of-posing-as-jihadist-brides-to-dupe-islamic-state--report/526508.html

Now this is the kind of FSUW scam I can get behind. 

$167 is a good payday for a few hours work corresponding with your mark. I suppose the typical recommendation for FSUW bride-seekers applies here: don't send money to someone you haven't met.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: New FSUW scam target
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
Now I have to admit if I ever was going to scam someone I think the Islamic state folks might be at the bottom of the list.  I think the opinion is that some of the beheading videos may have been fake.  But, they do behead people and are not known as folks who just laugh off their grievances.

I think I would stick with cheating old fat American men and leave the radical Muslims alone.

Offline Rick4G

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »
"this is the kind of scam i can get behind"

oh yes, serves them right!!!
how many unsuspecting girls have been lured to Syria at 14 and 15 years old and end up being brutally raped by their new "husbands"?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:21:16 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Rick4G

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »
Now I have to admit if I ever was going to scam someone I think the Islamic state folks might be at the bottom of the list.  I think the opinion is that some of the beheading videos may have been fake.  But, they do behead people and are not known as folks who just laugh off their grievances.

I think I would stick with cheating old fat American men and leave the radical Muslims alone.

Im sure those girls involved in this "scam" will not experience a good outcome if they are found

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »
What if these gals use pics of your wife or girlfriend during their scamming ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 02:41:58 PM »

Which one is she?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Larry1

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »

I don't see how that could happen. They've both been off social media for years.

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
I don't see how that could happen. They've both been off social media for years.

Ha . . . you know better than to think that everything anyone has posted anywhere is not still out there somewhere or has been downloaded previously.

Even the love letter I sent to my 6th grade teacher can be found . . . since I just completed that grade recently.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Larry1

The RW who conned Islamists for cash are internet heroes
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:04:55 AM »
Lots of people in the West applaud the RW who scammed the Islamists out of money:

Three women conned Isil out of cash. Now they're internet heroes

Three Chechen women allegedly conned Islamic State fighters out of thousands of pounds by pretending to be jihadi brides - turning them into 'catfishing' legends

People generally don't like 'catfishers'.
The thought of scammers using fake online profiles to trick innocent people into relationships is pretty grim – especially when they’re doing it to steal money from their love-struck prey.
But when the victims are Islamic State jihadis? The catfishers become international heroes.

An online Telegraph poll has found 89 per cent of 4,416 voters think the women should not face charges “for ripping off terrorists.”

... On Twitter, the general sentiment in favour of the girls’ catfishing is even stronger.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11775228/Three-Chechen-girls-catfished-isis.-Now-theyre-internet-heroes.html

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »
ML,

I would like to congratulate you.  Sixth grade is a substantial accomplishment.  It took me three tries. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541383
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3440
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3429
Total: 3439

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Yesterday at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill