It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kiev Releases 'White List' of Ukraine-Friendly Celebrities  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Kiev Releases 'White List' of Ukraine-Friendly Celebrities
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
Kiev Releases 'White List' of Ukraine-Friendly Russian, International Celebrities

Ukraine's Culture Ministry published a list of international celebrities Thursday, including prominent Russian writers and musicians, who are seen as deserving of the support of the Ukrainian state.

Russians on the so-called “white list” include rock musicians Yury Shevchuk, Andrei Makarevich and Zemfira, as well as writers Boris Akunin and Viktor Shenderovich.

Ties between Moscow and Kiev have deteriorated to a post-Soviet low over the past year amid fighting between Russian-backed rebels and Ukrainian troops, but some prominent artists in Russia have spoken out against Russian aggression and declared their support for Ukraine.

At a July 3 concert in Tbilisi, Zemfira tied a Ukrainian flag to her microphone, while Makarevich has been attacked by Russian officials and had concerts canceled in Russia after he performed in Ukraine.

The list also featured a few non-Russian names, including Hollywood actors Tim Roth, George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and European rock legends Martin Gore of Depeche Mode and Klaus Meine of the Scorpions.

The "white list" comes on the heels of a black list of cultural figures — mainly Russian ones — for whom Kiev has banned entry to the country. Figures on that list include Russian crooner Iosif Kobzon, French actor Gerard Depardieu, U.S. director Oliver Stone and U.S. actor Steven Seagal.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/kiev-releases-white-list-of-ukraine-friendly-russian-international-celebrities/526514.html

I understand why Gerard Depardieu is on the black list. But I don't know why Oliver Stone is on it. I also don't know why Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tim Roth, and George Clooney are on the white list? Have they spoken out about Russian aggression in Ukraine? Does anyone else know?

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Kiev Releases 'White List' of Ukraine-Friendly Celebrities
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
I also don't know why Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tim Roth, and George Clooney are on the white list? Have they spoken out about Russian aggression in Ukraine? Does anyone else know?

Arnold
http://youtu.be/-zrqcB934Qk

Clooney

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:00:21 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55:21 AM »
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/kiev-releases-white-list-of-ukraine-friendly-russian-international-celebrities/526514.html

I understand why Gerard Depardieu is on the black list. But I don't know why Oliver Stone is on it. I also don't know why Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tim Roth, and George Clooney are on the white list? Have they spoken out about Russian aggression in Ukraine? Does anyone else know?

Because he is a big Putin fan who has stated Maidan is an American project.  Anyone who says that demonstrates utter contempt for Ukrainians.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:53:47 PM »
If you have ever seen some of Oliver Stone's films, you can realize what a complete idiot he is with some of the stuff he believes.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
I have been very disappointed at both Stone and Seagal. I expected as much from Stone, as he is allegedly tied to several financial projects in and around Russia, but Seagal just seems to have been brainwashed. There is a group of Hollywood players, male and female, who seem to go wet in their panties anytime they have a chance to mingle with Putin & Co.

Check out the faces from Hollyweird in this video:

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 06:01:05 PM »
Seagal just seems to have been brainwashed.
The result of excessive hair dying ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »
I don't know why Oliver Stone is on it. I also don't know why Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold's politics are on the right. Stone's on the left. I'm not surprise about their stance pertaining to the conflict in Ukraine.

Seagal just seems to have been brainwashed.

Seagal's brain has never changed. He's been Putin's sparring partner for years and they are friends. Birds of a feather flock together. They even opened a martial arts center together in Moscow. They got a bromance going on.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

Arnold's politics are on the right. Stone's on the left. I'm not surprise about their stance pertaining to the conflict in Ukraine.

My apologies, but what are their stances in Ukraine? One being on the left and the other on the right?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »

My apologies, but what are their stances in Ukraine? One being on the left and the other on the right?

Steven Seagal is a Republican, even considered a run for governor in Arizona, and he is very pro Russia.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 09:28:44 PM »
Steven Seagal is a Republican.

I can't find that info on the internet. He does a lot of environmental work and won awards with PETA. Although is pro guns and anti illegal immigration doesn't make him a Republican.

even considered a run for governor in Arizona,

That was a stunt. He didn't even make the requirements to run for governor based on residency.

I think most people know better. Ukraine's best chance to reunite with Crimea and free themselves from the influence of Russia will happen with a Republican president and politicians on the right. Make your vote count if you love Ukraine. Vote the other way if you love Russia. Those on the left in America and Europe have already conceded parts of Ukraine to Russia.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2262
Total: 2272

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM