It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Europe in the News  (Read 58800 times)

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Europe in the News
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2017, 11:00:09 AM »
Clue:

The NL parliamentary elections this week - with a WAY right of centre party looking for ANY excuse to show the existing govt as 'soft' on immigration

The party's leader has been convicted - in December 2016 for making discriminatory and inciting hatred remarks regarding Islam

Interesting to know that you can be "convicted" for making a remark in The Netherlands. Maybe time to move The Hague to a more free country?

And Moby, how many refugees have you taken in to support so far?

HDL

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Europe in the News
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2017, 01:09:24 PM »

Interesting to know that you can be "convicted" for making a remark in The Netherlands. Maybe time to move The Hague to a more free country?

Even if Wilder's party did get the most seats - he'll have problems find a coalition partner ....  If you feel 'sorry' for him. you should have been born in 1930's Germany ...;)

Some wise-guy, in another place, asked the same question. In my time my family has taken in 4 refugees in a spare room and offered to take some folks from the jungle in Calais ... but Her Majesty's govt let a handful in  and there were 5,000 times more placements than refugees.

But, as you are clearly also a public spirited chap you might be interested in sponsoring me to 'shut up' during 3 sailboat / yachting races on March 26th - I'm dying my hair - some crazy colour - and MUCH harder - mustn't talk or shout from 10 am to 6.30pm GMT+1 ( Now that will be hard )

If you like, you can sponsor me to be silent on here for that weekend :) !

http://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/sponsormobytobequietanddyed

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Europe in the News
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
Meanwhile...
How can such a small country have almost 30 political parties?
Also...
Are the Dutch on the verge of a Netherxit?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2017/03/elections-netherlands-explainer-170315155943009.html

Posted by: msmob « on: Today at 02:09:24 PM

If you like, you can sponsor me to be silent on here for that weekend
Only one weekend? OK :clapping: <-------------- the 'wise guy'

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2017, 02:13:47 PM »

Only one weekend? OK :clapping:

Make a donation and make it happen - put your money where your ... is ;)

Offline HoundDaddyLee

Europe in the News
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
Even if Wilder's party did get the most seats - he'll have problems find a coalition partner ....  If you feel 'sorry' for him. you should have been born in 1930's Germany ... ;)

Some wise-guy, in another place, asked the same question. In my time my family has taken in 4 refugees in a spare room and offered to take some folks from the jungle in Calais ... but Her Majesty's govt let a handful in  and there were 5,000 times more placements than refugees.

But, as you are clearly also a public spirited chap you might be interested in sponsoring me to 'shut up' during 3 sailboat / yachting races on March 26th - I'm dying my hair - some crazy colour - and MUCH harder - mustn't talk or shout from 10 am to 6.30pm GMT+1 ( Now that will be hard )

If you like, you can sponsor me to be silent on here for that weekend :) !

http://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/sponsormobytobequietanddyed

Ah, So believing in freedom of speech makes me a Nazi. Pretty sure freedom of speech wasn't big with the brown shirts.  Good to know your perspective. I believe all speech should be free. Even speech I or society in general finds offensive. And no I will not be sending any money your way for your yachting adventure.

Don't fall in...

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »

Ah, So believing in freedom of speech makes me a Nazi. Pretty sure freedom of speech wasn't big with the brown shirts.  Good to know your perspective. I believe all speech should be free. Even speech I or society in general finds offensive. And no I will not be sending any money your way for your yachting adventure.

Don't fall in...

Don't twist my words, please.

I strongly believe in freedom of speech - but not inciting discrimination.

I don't 'fall in' - it's called capsizing...and I didn't expect you would support good causes - having failed - miserably - to suggest I don't physically support some of the causes I might champion ;)

The Great new is, that Wilders also failed miserably and the centre-right, pro EU party, will still have the most seats in a new NL govt.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

Europe in the News
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »
Don't twist my words, please.

I strongly believe in freedom of speech - but not inciting discrimination.

I don't 'fall in' - it's called capsizing...and I didn't expect you would support good causes - having failed - miserably - to suggest I don't physically support some of the causes I might champion ;)

The Great new is, that Wilders also failed miserably and the centre-right, pro EU party, will still have the most seats in a new NL govt.

I support plenty of good causes. Don't presume Moby. That is why most on here and the other forum find you insufferable.

Happy Sailing

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
Europe in the News
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »
It appears that Geert Wilders's PVV party did NOT win in Holland's elections. Maybe Dutch voters were put off by his hairstyle, remindlng them of someone's from across the Atlantic ;D.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:53:16 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2017, 01:46:36 PM »

I support plenty of good causes. Don't presume Moby.

You mean like your fail re 'how many refugees 'stunt' ?..

That is why most on here and the other forum find you insufferable.

''Et tu Brute?''  :D

Is being 'popular' on a forum something you worry about...?! I'm certainly not too worried about being 'popular' in a place where I'm a 'paid by the post russiophobe' :D

Don't you find that when posters get personal - asking leading questions / making innuendos about another's personal life - you know they have already lost the debate ?

Happy Sailing

I'm always happy sailing... Especially, if in this case it's for a good cause....

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:50:40 PM by msmob »

Offline HoundDaddyLee

Europe in the News
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
I am sure your girl is happy you are posting photos of her on the internet...

But back to the subject at hand. It appears that the Turks don't care if you are right wing or progressive. They want holy war in Europe...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dutch-elections-netherlands-geert-wilders-freedom-party-turkey-fascist-no-difference-rallies-islam-a7632571.html

Offline SANDRO43

Europe in the News
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »
It appears that the Turks don't care if you are right wing or progressive.
Maybe that's why one of the most complicated sailors' knots was called a Turk's Head :-\.

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Europe in the News
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 10:02:39 PM »

HDL

You find it interesting that countries that, in three decades, lost anywhere from 2% to over 20% of their total populations because of wars based on ethnic conflict and demonization of "the other", would have laws which attempt to minimize the possibility of that occurring again?

Who'd a thunk? 8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:27:01 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

Europe in the News
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »

But back to the subject at hand. It appears that the Turks don't care if you are right wing or progressive. They want holy war in Europe...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dutch-elections-netherlands-geert-wilders-freedom-party-turkey-fascist-no-difference-rallies-islam-a7632571.html

I don't think he meant Muslims want a holy war.   All he meant is that there are current irreconcilable differences  between Muslims and the secular West, which leads to unpleasant misunderstandings.

By the way, Cavusoglu was denied entry to the Netherlands not because of the current Dutch government, but because the Muslim, Moroccan born mayor of a large Dutch city didn't want Turkish demonstrations in that city, and demanded the Dutch government ban them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:46:28 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2017, 01:27:50 AM »

Shows how much you 'know'..  This photo is one of a sequence of 3 in this shoot that we agreed..together... were 'OK' to post on the internet.

She has used this image in 2 places.   

I won't try to 'work out your life'... I am sure I'd be as accurate as you are about ours....

But back to the subject at hand.

Hurray !

It appears that the Turks don't care if you are right wing or progressive. They want holy war in Europe...

There are all sorts of Turkish outlooks. I don't know how often you go there, but most of the folks I know don't seek war with anyone.

I preferred Turkey to be non secular in govt. Erdogan is stirring up nationalism and I am not a fan of that, in any nation.

Offline Gator

Europe in the News
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »

I'm always happy sailing... Especially, if in this case it's for a good cause....

Is that sailing?  You seem stalled, with the jib luffing.  :)

Fine looking first mate.  No wonder you let go of the rudder. 

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
Is that sailing?  You seem stalled, with the jib luffing.  :)

It's a furling Genoa - and it isn't luffing - its just the tack is low down and the sail is mis-shapen over the pulpit!

Fine looking first mate.  No wonder you let go of the rudder.

Ha ! I had no mainsail up and we were on a v. broad reach - heading north in a light SW'ly on auto-pilot ;)

The 'first mate' is in Thailand for a few more days and she designs her own dresses and I import bikinis which she alters and sells on the beach - so she is quite happy to model ;) 

Last year we drank Guinness in an Irish Bar - owned by an Irishman and she promised to do a 'photo-session' for St Paddy's Day ... as I'm over in the UK and we'll be together in Sochi, soon.

I had visions of SC in an Emerald Green Bikini ....

Ah well, there's always tomorrow

Offline tfcrew

Europe in the News
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2017, 12:38:27 PM »
The increasing difficulty of flying somewhere

Security forces reportedly killed the suspect in a shop in the south terminal. The hub was immediately evacuated following the incident.
The man, who was apparently known to the intelligence services, is said to have targeted a female officer having earlier shot another police woman in the north of the French capital. 
Addressing the media, France’s interior minister Bruno Le Roux
 said: ‘‘This suspect was seen in Vitry carrying out a carjacking. He was also seen in a bar where he threatened those inside. And we have linked him to an identity check close to the North of Paris. During that check, which turned badly, he opened fire on a police officer with a gun.’‘
Police said no other people were injured in the incident.
Anti-terrorist commandos from France’s elite Raid force have been carrying out a bomb sweep of the airport as part of the on-going security operation,
Air-traffic both to and from Orly was also suspended with some flights diverted to Paris Charles De Gaulle.
http://www.euronews.com/2017/03/18/a-39-year-old-frenchman-known-by-police-and-who-was-shot-dead-at-orly-airport
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

Europe in the News
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2017, 09:27:04 AM »
House of Commons Leader: 'Police officer has been stabbed'Statement from David Lidington to the House of Commons:

"First my colleagues will have appreciated, events have been moving rapidly and I want to emphases that the knowledge I have which is definite, is very limited. What I am able to say, there has been a serious incident within the estate. It seems a police officer has been stabbed that the alleged assailant was shot by armed police, an air ambulance is currently attending the scene to remove the causalities."
Act of terrorism
Metropolitan Police have said they are on the scene and say they are treating the incident as an act of terrorism, "until we know otherwise."
Parliament on lockdown
MP David Warburton tweeted: “We're in lock down inside the Chamber of the House of Commons. Just adjourned the House #Westminster #Parliament

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/europe/london-uk-parliament-incident-latest/

video

The jihads apparently like anniversaries ....one yr ago today was Brussels.

Offline GQBlues

Europe in the News
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »
Quote from: Reuters
His photographs showed people lying on the ground, some of them bleeding heavily and one apparently under a bus.

Man, I hope and pray for the safety and recovery of everyone.

On another note:

I guess France conducted their presidential debate yesterday. The major topics were *immigration/refugees* and their *welfare/social system*. Sounds eerily familiar, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:47:04 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »

The jihads apparently like anniversaries ....one yr ago today was Brussels.

WHY would you grant these wack jobs with the 'label' you just used ...  ? This is not a 'Holy War'  - it was designed to shock, scare, kill, maim...

French students involved on the bridge attack :(

Offline tfcrew

Europe in the News
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »
This is not a 'Holy War'  - it was designed to shock, scare, kill, maim...

Isn't that what 'war' is...killing and maiming?

Also..
I fail to see anything 'holy' about war.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:37:47 PM by tfcrew »

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2017, 01:32:34 PM »
Isn't that what 'war' is...killing and maiming?

Also..
I fail to see anything 'holy' about war.

YOU used the word jihad, right ?   I assumed you knew it's meaning ?

Offline Gator

Europe in the News
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »
YOU used the word jihad, right ?   I assumed you knew it's meaning ?

I do. 

We don't know the details, yet I guess the assailant believed he was a jihadi warrior. 

Offline msmob

Europe in the News
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2017, 02:20:23 PM »
I do. 

Should you tell tfcrew or will I .. ? :(

We don't know the details, yet I guess the assailant believed he was a jihadi warrior.

No doubt, it will come out 'in the wash' ..

Already have Russian acquaintances telling me it is the fault of EU immigration ..  :deadhorse:

Offline Anathema

• Banned Member
Europe in the News
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
Meh, this is what happens when you openly invite foxes into the hen house.  Hard to feel sorry for a country full of mobys that care nothing for the victims and make excuses for the attackers.

Of course the MSM isn't saying anything about the attacker but I'm sure it's a white, red haired, Amish person, as is the norm.  Oh wait...

Bunch of thumbs up and celebrating on Al Jazeera site.

Actually, yes I would believe.  I'd be more surprised if there wasn't celebration from the animals.

On a serious note though, prayers for the families that lost loved ones today and may a fast moving, terminal cancer be upon those that support these attackers (liberals).

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:22:11 PM by AnonMod »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1750