It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 349499 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Romney is my man.  I would have trouble voting for Santorum, yet Obama is so bad as a leader I would do it (lesser of two evils).

'Lesser of two evils'

Isn't that a cop out? Shouldn't you be voting for the best man or woman you are convinced is best suited for the job at hand?

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 04:30:22 PM »
'Lesser of two evils'

Isn't that a cop out? Shouldn't you be voting for the best man or woman you are convinced is best suited for the job at hand?
I did.  I voted for Romney in the Florida Republican primary. 

Unlike Obama, I consider Mitt as the person who would be the leader for all Americans.  However, the Republican Party may not nominate him.  Conservatives tend to have the highest turnout in primaries, and conservatives are having problems with some of Mitt's moderate views.  Those same moderate views would enable him to be the the best President to serve all Americans. 

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
You guys really need retired Federal Judge Andrew Napolitano to give you a lecture to wise you up.

How gullible can you guys be?! Jezz!

Offline Gator

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »
I selected the same line item you did as preference, Gator, and quite surprised the fnal names I received. To the best of my knowledge, Newt was a consultant, Obama never ran a business, neither did Dr. Paul (none were diplomats) but those were the names slated to me based on a cumulative point system.

I am almost convinced they assigned and established a certain amount of points according to their own estimation on how much those individual line items are worth.
I redid the test and Romney received the same height of the blue band (experience) as Obama.  Your position is supported by the voting on climate change, as three candidates received the full height.

BTW, my result was Huntsman 73% aligned with my views, Mitt 47% and Newt 40%.  On examination, all of Mitt's views  were close to mine, although not the closest for many issues.  Sometimes the difference is moot. 

Oddly, I was aligned with Obama on defense spending and medicare.    :) Nevertheless, the overriding issue is the soul and character of the man, which is not part of the voting in this test.  Obama fails miserably. 
Years  from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an  inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin  perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages.  How, they will wonder, did  a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he  could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful  military, execute the world's most consequential job?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:11:40 PM by Gator »

Offline Gator

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 05:16:21 PM »
How gullible can you guys be?! Jezz!

Ron Paul is a great American.  His views, although sound, are too drastic to implement IMO. America needs an overhaul but not a complete replacement.  Further, I just listened to Paul's views about Iran.  He does not understand Iranian mentality. 

BTW, you should watch BBC news sometimes rather than 100% Fox.news.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

Ron Paul is a great American.  His views, although sound, are too drastic to implement IMO. America needs an overhaul but not a complete replacement.  Further, I just listened to Paul's views about Iran.  He does not understand Iranian mentality. 

BTW, you should watch BBC news sometimes rather than 100% Fox.news.

Gator, the Judge just got canned last week from the Fox business channel even though he had the second highest rated show (Faux blows). The truth is too hard for his big corporate bosses to handle and maybe it is for you also? America is soon heading over a cliff and we can't afford a oh so gentle by a few degrees turn. Your monthly income Gator and mine are going to be hyperinflated away and our assets seized by the government and replaced with low interest bearing government bonds. How long can we have 1.5 trillion yearly deficits before the SHTF? I'm telling yah the most valued assets the men on this board are going to have is their wives dachas.  And BBC? the same as our corporate whore media the "pressitutes" telling us lies and keeping us in the left-right dumb show. Whoever gets into the White House excepting RP are going to have their strings pulled by the boys on Wall Street and the Fed.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
I hope you guys are watching Stossel's show on Fox right now... This country already has gone to $hit. This is really sad.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »

Gator, the Judge just got canned last week from the Fox business channel even though he had the second highest rated show (Faux blows). The truth is too hard for his big corporate bosses to handle and maybe it is for you also? America is soon heading over a cliff and we can't afford a oh so gentle by a few degrees turn. Your monthly income Gator and mine are going to be hyperinflated away and our assets seized by the government and replaced with low interest bearing government bonds. How long can we have 1.5 trillion yearly deficits before the SHTF? I'm telling yah the most valued assets the men on this board are going to have is their wives dachas.  And BBC? the same as our corporate whore media the "pressitutes" telling us lies and keeping us in the left-right dumb show. Whoever gets into the White House excepting RP are going to have their strings pulled by the boys on Wall Street and the Fed.
I'm with you on this, Maxx. RP is the one who would lead this nation back to the basics of freedom, constitution and sanity, the principles that made this country number 1 in the 20th century.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
I think both Romney and Newt have very strong points as well as Santorum, but my feeling is that they will only slow down the decline of this country. We need a radical change to actually turn it around and Paul is the only guy who would do it if he wins and... lives

Can we wait for Paul's son; senator from KY.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
Can we wait for Paul's son; senator from KY.
don't think we have any time left to wait. We are at the edge. Once the $hit hits the fan evntually we'll come out of it but the country is not gonna be the same.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 02:45:55 AM »
I just listened to Paul's views about Iran.  He does not understand Iranian mentality. 

He understands this about the Iranian mentality and our own.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:47:52 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »

Well maybe this time...

Online Turboguy

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 09:20:57 PM »
'Lesser of two evils'

Absolutely!   Of course it is impossible.   Reagan is dead, Christy won't run.  I haven't seen Jefferson around lately.  I don't think jb wants to run.   There is no one running for either party that is the least bit suited for the job.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:42 PM »
Ray, Paul would do the job just fine if... they let him live.

By the way have you heard that China announced that they are going to back up their currency withy gold? Yep, in June of this year they are going to be on gold standart... They have been using dollars to buy gold for a while now. So what are the implications you might ask?
1. US dollar loses value
2. Yuan becomes the "world currency"
3. the price of gold skyrockets (I know this one is your favorite, Ray  :P  )
4. Chinese people who have been poor for decades suddenly become wealthy while the Rich Americans and Europeans become poor

Just thinking out loud :))
realrussianmatch.com

Offline CG7

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »
MAXX2
 +1
 Thank you.

Offline BC

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 04:09:34 AM »

Absolutely!   Of course it is impossible.   Reagan is dead, Christy won't run.  I haven't seen Jefferson around lately.  I don't think jb wants to run.   There is no one running for either party that is the least bit suited for the job.

Obviously a highly democratic process elected someone who after 3 years now has not made an ass of himself or been deemed incompetent to hold that office.

My remark was meant to prompt thought that overreaches party lines.

Lets play a game...  throw away the current candidates and pull out some names of other leaders that you feel would be appropriate for office, regardless of their political affiliation.

How about Richard Lugar.. or Kent Conrad?  Maybe both?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »
MAXX2
 +1
 Thank you.

You are welcome. It is always encouraging to see another person being part of the growing Freedom Movement. The American Revolution started at least a decade before 1776 and war breaking out. The new American "Restore our Freedom!" revolution started several years ago. Now we see the growing support for Ron Paul, the Occupy Wall Street movement and Wikileaks. No wonder the US Senate just passed the controversial NDAA by a 93-7 vote. It is "preserve our current system at any cost!" I'll bet Turboguy, BC and Gator have no idea what the NDAA is. The Ron Paul supporters do, indefinite detention without council or a trial for American citizens as determined by the Military. This totally upturns our Constitution yet it goes largely unreported. The powers that be are getting ready to crush any resistance to themselves when the economy turns upside down. America, Europe and most of the rest of the other world will become as Greece is today. All taxes and national assets will flow to the bankers and their muscle the military.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
[size=78%]America, Europe and most of the rest of the other world will become as Greece is today. All taxes and national assets will flow to the bankers and their muscle the military.[/size]
as China changes to gold standart and becomes the new financial world superpower. I'm just having a hard time imagining world war III with all the nukes on all sides. Prolly we won't have an all out war but there is gona be a big mess all over Europe and here in the US. If Obama gets reelcted the $hit is gonna hit the fence by the end of 2013. If Mitt or Newt or Rick becomes the next pres, I'd give it another 3-4 years and it will still happen, maybe it won't be as nasty and severe though. If Paul wins and is allowed to live and do his thing, we will probably go through a very rough patch for about 3 years but then we'll see tremendous growth as the country begins to shed all the chains that the politicians, lawers and bankers wrapped around it in the last few decades. I feel that at this point Ron Paul is the only hope to turn things around in a matter of just a few short years.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »
as China changes to gold standart and becomes the new financial world superpower. I'm just having a hard time imagining world war III with all the nukes on all sides. Prolly we won't have an all out war but there is gona be a big mess all over Europe and here in the US. If Obama gets reelcted the $hit is gonna hit the fence by the end of 2013. If Mitt or Newt or Rick becomes the next pres, I'd give it another 3-4 years and it will still happen, maybe it won't be as nasty and severe though. If Paul wins and is allowed to live and do his thing, we will probably go through a very rough patch for about 3 years but then we'll see tremendous growth as the country begins to shed all the chains that the politicians, lawers and bankers wrapped around it in the last few decades. I feel that at this point Ron Paul is the only hope to turn things around in a matter of just a few short years.

Eduard, my hat is off to you. You really have it figured out.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

There is a possibility if the Freedom Movement takes hold and enough people join it it will delay or stop the slide into total tyranny and oppression the coming rough times might bring.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
Ron Paul is the only one who makes sense in regard to foreign policy and wars as well. We had no business going to Iraque or Aphganistan. We will never change their mentality and culture even if we are there for 200 years. What have we accomplished there? Nothing, Nada! Thousands of our boys died there for nothing. USSR tried it in 1979, lost about 50,000 (I think) boys in that war and got nothing out of it. Now we are doing the same! Paul is right! Use our troops to secure our borders and leave them Muslims alone! You can't instill American values in people who think it is normal to cut somebody's head off if their religious belief differs. They wipe their a$$ off with their hands! How can we compete with that culture? Only special interests benefit from these wars, our people and our country does not!

We have enough natural resources right here and we shouldn't be dependent on the Saudies, Iran, etc. for that. Why in the hell did Obama block the building of the pipeline from Canada? WTF???? All these politicians are bought and paid for and soon there is going to be no America as we once new it. Ron Paul is the only one who would take the country back and return it to what it was just a few years ago.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »
Why in the hell did Obama block the building of the pipeline from Canada? WTF???? All these politicians are bought and paid for

It would have hurt Warren Buffet's railroad business with all those tanker cars it has. Without a pipeline our largest oil importer Canada, will need to continue using Warren Buffets rail. The old environmental excuse is just a ruse to throw off the real reason. It's for reasons like this that Buffet tries to make the case for Obama to tax the rich more. For his recommendation of say 10% more taxes he gets to keep 100% of his current business and a crack at other juicy government deals.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:40 AM »

For all the armchair warriors who don't like Ron Paul's foreign policy stand.

Offline Gator

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
Maxx and Eduard were discussing Obama's not approving the Keystone pipeline, which would bring oil from Canada's tar sands to America's refineries in Texas and Louisiana.   The added Canadian oil would replace oil imported fromVenezuela and the Middle East.   

This is one Canadian's opinion, a news show host who I presume is conservative.  The commentator bashes Obama and encourages Canada to sell the oil to Asia instead of America.  Canada exports all of its oil to America, and he says Canada needs to use this disapproval to expand its customers.   

The clip is over 12 minutes long, but is summarized at the 10:35 minute mark.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:16:05 PM by Gator »

Offline Eduard

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
He tells is it like it is, thanks for posting this. Phil!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Gator

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »
I am very much against Obama simply because of his lack of leadership.  In 2008 I even considered voting for him because he seemed to want to unite the country.   Instead he has helped to create an even larger gap between our polar differences.

Although my posts at RWD have been critical of Obama, I do read the pro-Obama material.  Here is a very intelligent article written by a neoliberal who gives insight into Obama and why he has changed.  Warning:  long and multisyllabic.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/01/30/120130fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701