It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 349526 times)

Offline sunandsail

Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
Gator,

The Keystone pipeline issue is really not one of canceling it, it has been delayed, allowing differing sides to work out concerns regarding the pipelines route.    An Austin, TX newspaper wrote on the issue:

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/keystone-xl-delayed-but-it-wont-be-stopped-2116504.html?printArticle=y

I think you'll likely see it go forward in 2013, with those in the pipeline's path perhaps happier with how its done.   

While I believe the oil will likely end up routed to Texas, whether it goes to Texas or to the British Columbia coast for tankers to pick up will have no effect on world oil prices.    Either way, the oil is provided to world markets.   

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »
With decreasing demand in the US there is no need of oil.. Oil from Canada will not be cheaper.

What is planned is for the pipeline being an easier transit route to southern port refineries for shipping refined fuel to south america and elsewhere.

Transit is the main goal.

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »

I think you'll likely see it go forward in 2013, with those in the pipeline's path perhaps happier with how its done.   

The path is just one part of the opposition.   Thie real concern is global warming (I do not shit you).   As a retired environmental engineer, let me please enlighten you. 

The primary concern of the environmental groups is not protection of Nebraska sand hills but the mere fact that this oil is from Canada's tar sands.   Production of oil from the viscous tar sands requires processing such as heating and more pumping (pipelines).  Also, its chemical composition is not as sweet as Brent and West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude.   The  end result is that from "well to wheels" the tar sands oil produces 10-45% more greenhouse gases than  conventional sources. 

Environmental groups (and Obama's administration) believe in global warming and they protest  use of tar sands.  Instead they believe the world should be developing alternative energy supplies (solar, wind, etc.).  Opening new supplies of oil keeps the price of crude lower than alternative energy.  The Nebraska sand hills are akin to the snail darter minnow that stopped the construction of a dam on a wild river in Tennessee decades ago.  No one cared about the endangered minnow - they did not want the dam.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:13:26 PM by Gator »

Offline Gator

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »

While I believe the oil will likely end up routed to Texas, whether it goes to Texas or to the British Columbia coast for tankers to pick up will have no effect on world oil prices.    Either way, the oil is provided to world markets.
Yes and no.   See below. 

With decreasing demand in the US there is no need of oil.

No need of oil?   Maybe in the year 2050.     

Oil from Canada will not be cheaper.

"Supply and demand" equation suggests that the larger the world supply of oil, the lower the price, all else being equal.  Look at the price of natural gas.  Europe's prices are 300-400% higher than America's prices.  We have a glut of natural gas and are developing plans to export it.  Export it!  Why not use it in automobiles?  Ukraine does this and America can not?

What is planned is for the pipeline being an easier transit route to southern port refineries for shipping refined fuel to south america and elsewhere.

Transit is the main goal.

Did you know that American crude oil is sweeter than Venezuelan oil, Arab oil and even North Sea oil?   Yet, West Texas crude (WTI) has a significantly lower price than Brent crude.   Transportation is part of the equation, particularly access to markets, e. g. natural gas prices. 

Also, did you know that  refineries along America's Gulf  Coast are the most efficient in the World, and even with American labor rates can refine a gallon (liter) of gasoline for the lowest price in the World..  So yes, exporting oil is part of the plan.   It is called adding value to natural resources.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:40 PM »
Double Standard? It's somehow unconstitutional to hold known foreign terrorists without due (judicial) process, but yet okay to omit such and just target and kill US citizens?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/05/10585197-holder-us-can-legally-kill-americans-in-terror-groups

Additionally, I thought 'O' and Holder held there's no such thing as *WAR* on Terror? Why vassilate now? Isn't this one of the platform Obama used to get elected?  >:(

Quote from: Holder
"We are at war with a stateless enemy,"

LOL...Isn't that what Bush said that Obama and the Dems were all up in arms with before?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:04:21 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 06:15:27 AM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:18:02 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Darth_Budda

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »
views of a Leftist,,,,

Any Republican will loose to Obama.

The Christian Fanatic vision Rick has is just scarey.
I am sure he would make a great church leader for a Racist and Homophobic white Power group.
I personally Take pride in the fact America is a tolerant Country. People who want to change that
Are a true danger to America. I see these Fascist Hate mongers for what they are.

Now in a 3 way race,,,  Mitt Republican - Obama Democrat  - Ron Paul 3rd party 

I strongly Feel Ron Paul will win. He Will get support from both sides and Win.
His Brand of freedom is popular. Although his economic ideas are not always the best.

http://stewartalexanderforpresident2012.org/

I would much rather Support these guys.. In 2016 I hope a 3rd party will emerge. The SP has almost doubled since I joined 4 months ago. In fact I hope to start a local in my area. By drawing from other leftist groups in the area.

Some might say the working class is lazy in America. I think that's Bull shit.
Give a Man a job not a hand out. That should be the American way. I intend to make it happen with in my life time.
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:08 AM »
My favorite piece of "leftist" propaganda!

:ROFL:

GOB
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:12:23 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
My favorite Right wing  propaganda!

:cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:

America is full of Punks like this,, I plan on making them disappear.

:cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:  :cluebat:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:49:49 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
Double Standard? It's somehow unconstitutional to hold known foreign terrorists without due (judicial) process, but yet okay to omit such and just target and kill US citizens?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/05/10585197-holder-us-can-legally-kill-americans-in-terror-groups

Additionally, I thought 'O' and Holder held there's no such thing as *WAR* on Terror? Why vassilate now? Isn't this one of the platform Obama used to get elected?  >:(

LOL...Isn't that what Bush said that Obama and the Dems were all up in arms with before?

GQ, it's obvious you are much smarter than Santorum. He couldn't come close to understanding what you posted above. So why do you endorse him?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:56 AM »

Some might say the working class is lazy in America. I think that's Bull shit.
Give a Man a job not a hand out. That should be the American way. I intend to make it happen with in my life time.

So you plan on finding a job?

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »
I got a job, bro...

Fighting Fascist Nazi's is a Hobby..

I remember my grand father telling me about the concentration camps that he had the misinformation of seeing with his own eye's when they were liberated by American Troops..

Were the Nazi killed Jews and Russians alike, By the millions.

I don't want that to happen in this country... 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:12:11 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 10:19:55 AM »

GQ, it's obvious you are much smarter than Santorum. He couldn't come close to understanding what you posted above. So why do you endorse him?

:o

Then you must definitely be far smarter than me to know who I am endorsing considering I still do not.

Although I'm smart enough to know, for a fact, 911 is NOT a planned inside (US) job.  ;)
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »

:o

Then you must definitely be far smarter than me to know who I am endorsing considering I still do not.

Although I'm smart enough to know, for a fact, 911 is NOT a planned inside (US) job.  ;)

You must have changed your leanings. I read on this board you saying you were pulling for Santorum. This was when he was barely showing. When he did well in Iowa I thought of sending you a congratulatory PM.

About 911. At least the mastermind of it, the old bearded guy living in a cave mansion was brought to justice. Too bad we couldn't have gotten the details from him on how he accomplished NORAD standing down for an hour and a half.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
I did a search

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=13779.msg275031#msg275031

I like Rick Santorum the best, but this isn't saying much as this wasn't such an impressive bunch.

I see it was a luck warm endorsement at best.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »
Forget 911. Did you know that a member of RWD (NOT me!) is leading in the investigation of Obama's birth certificate with Sheriff Joe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJOKlAq8Vy0&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:29:22 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
...I see it was a luck warm endorsement at best.

It was neither cold, cool, room temperature, lukewarm, tepid, warm or boiling. It was a preliminay impression expressed.

Endorsement is absolute.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »
Forget 911. Did you know that a member of RWD (NOT me!) is leading in the investigation of Obama's birth certificate with Sheriff Joe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJOKlAq8Vy0&feature=youtu.be

Seriously? Which one? Yeah, RWD is full of wackos in more ways than one
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:07:43 PM by pitbull »
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »
....I personally Take pride in the fact America is a tolerant Country. People who want to change that Are a true danger to America. I see these Fascist Hate mongers for what they are.

Quote from: Darth_Budda
America is full of Punks like this,, I plan on making them disappear.

LOL. You sound almost like a regular US politician.

2 good views/convictions DB. Interestingly, they're opposed. At least unlike our silly politicians, you stated these at nearly the same time.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »

Retired I.C.E. agent and INS document investigator John Sampson. JnSampson

[/font][/color]
Three attorneys presented cases for their plaintiffs – all twelve are Georgia registered voters. The testimony from three witnesses, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, scanning, and typesetting experts, was that the birth certificate for Obama that was released online was a forgery. The testimony of former Immigration officer, John Sampson, was especially compelling. It was his testimony that the birth certificate has serial numbers that are out of sequence with other births at the time; the certification paragraphs are different on Obama’s alleged birth certificate and the birth certificates issued before and after his; and the name of the registrar was different on the birth certificates issued at the same time to others. Mr. Sampson has found a number of irregularities that would cause him to demand documents and investigate further. He indicated that it is a crime to claim to be a US citizen if you aren’t, and one of the consequences is deportation.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »

It was neither cold, cool, room temperature, lukewarm, tepid, warm or boiling. It was a preliminay impression expressed.

Endorsement is absolute.

I endorse RON PAUL! America's only hope. (so we are doomed)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
Forget 911. Did you know that a member of RWD (NOT me!) is leading in the investigation of Obama's birth certificate with Sheriff Joe?...

LOL...Phoenix, Arizona newscast!?! Posted by IdiotSavant53?  ;)

Anyway, he you should try to find a way for Harvard to release his (O) academic transcripts instead. That's all I'd be interested in.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

Takes one to know one!!  :tongueout:
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »
Quote from: Mr Sampson
...He indicated that it is a crime to claim to be a US citizen if you aren’t, and one of the consequences is deportation.[/color]

Deportation?!? Did Mr Sampson crawled into a snow cave deep in Antartica and forgotten this is the USofA he's talking about? LOL!
We not only feed and treat illegal aliens here, they get to vote, too! Go ahead, ask Obama's aunt and uncle if you don't believe me!
Deportation, my butt! Good luck with that...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

LOL...Phoenix, Arizona newscast!?! Posted by IdiotSavant53?  ;)

Anyway, he you should try to find a way for Harvard to release his (O) academic transcripts instead. That's all I'd be interested in.

hey! hey! hey! idiotsavant53 is me!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1430