It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 349485 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:42:28 AM »

PRICELESS

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example,
the other day, Kate
, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, 'Come on,
man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.

I called him an assh___. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Kate called him a sh_t head.  He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he started writing more tickets. This went on for about 20 minutes.  The more we abused him,
the more tickets he wrote.

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home

We always look for cars with "OBAMA 2012 stickers.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired.  It's important at our age.</blockquote>
realrussianmatch.com

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:36 AM »
Nope.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:06 AM »
Polyamory, Mormon, Muslim...... who cares?

GOB

PS.... You gotta love Newt. He is getting more action than Charlie Sheen!  >:D 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:06:55 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »
The more important question is: "Does any of them have real answers and workable solutions to the problems we face as a nation?"
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
*Heard on the radio* Newsflash! Newt got neutered by a Mormon!

I think with a very sluggish economy and with this persistent unemployment, by election time, the number of food stamp and welfare recipients will far outnumber the hardworking Americans...

so no, can't touch Obama.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
A poll I've seen recently suggests that either Newt or Romney would win but we should remember that polls are a snapshot of today and not a reliable predictor of future events.

How they'd win would be different as this poll indicated that Newt turns off independent voters who in turn do trust Romney. However, Newt would gain more conservatives who might otherwise stay home or vote for a third party if a person like Ron Paul ran independently.

Democratic pollsters sometimes make the mistake of thinking that committed conservatives will vote for whoever is on the Republican ticket and this not correct--often they stay home. Republican pollsters make the mistake of thinking that independents will stay home if not given a clear choice--they tend to come out to vote even if their choice is a last minute decision and a last minute decision in this election would likely help Obama.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Gator

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »
The answer sadly appears to be NO.

Of most importance, neither Mitt nor Newt is a populist.  By the way, who would have thought the polygamist would be a non-Mormon.  :D

But wait, Obama is no longer a populist given the bad economy.   So once the Republican nominee is determined, it will be a race between two unelectables.

Look at the numbers for votes (a composite of multiple commentaries but mainly from Professor Walter Williams, a libertarian economist):

1) Blacks will vote for Obama without question.  Obama is black.

2) Hispanics will vote for Obama.  He is the path to citizenship for those  who are illegal.  And Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry  in the Democratic  Party,     

3)  College  educated women will vote for Obama, swooning at his oratory.

4)  Union members will  vote for  Obama.  He is their key to money and power in  business.

5)  Liberals will vote for Obama.  He  is their great hope.

6)  Most  other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him.  Muslims clearly will support him after the way he appeased Muslim leaders.   Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews will support him (or just stay home) because they won't vote Republican.   American Indians will support  him.  Obviously homosexuals vote Democratic. 

7)  Remaining Democrats will vote  for  Obama.  He is the leader of their party, and they hope his coat tails  will  carry other Democrats to victory nationwide,

8  )  IN ADDITION TO THE SEVEN VOTING BLOCKS THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP AND GROWING - THE NEARLY  ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS WHO DO  NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT,  MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE  GOVERNMENT. THESE GOVERNMENT DEPENDENCY PEOPLE DO NOT WANT ANYTHING THAT THREATENS  THE  FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVES.

That still leaves a large number of hard working, religious middle Americans, but not enough.  The battle is for the independents, and most will vote Republican but not enough to offset the coalition of eight voting blocks above.

In addition to the core voting blocks, consider the huge support Obama receives:

a)  The  media  love him.  They may attack the  people who work for him, but they love  him.  After all,  to not love him would be racist,

b)  Oddly, Big  Business supports Obama.  They already have.  He has almost $1  Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections  with Big Business and is gaining more every day.  Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda.

Not to fear, there is hope.  The last election prompted many previously apathetic citizens to become concerned about America's future.  This may convince most Americans to believe that change is needed (that was what Obama promised in 2008).   If so, it is possible that Mitt will prove himself to be the leader needed to redirect America's overhaul (fiscal reform, regulatory reform, tax reform, entitlement reform, tort reform, etc.) that gets the economy moving again.  Failing that, there is a chance that the Republicans can keep control of the House and even win the Senate.  If so, some middle ground initiatives would be enacted. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »
Dissatisfied with the looming prospect of choosing between the Republican Nominee, Ron Paul's ADD, the Tea Party's soccer Moms with nothing to do, or repeating another 4 disastrous years under Jimmi Hoffa's boy....Americans decided to introduce a new party into the Presidential race later this year.

Welcome: The 2012 People's Party. The ABF-AIA Guardians (Anti-Bottom Feeders, Anti-Illegal Alien Squad)

To better serve the fate of America by True Americans, loyal to the Constitution; a debate forum will be held high noon at the peak of North Dakota's Bakken Heights, in a town aptly called 'Trillion Barrel Slick City' on Friday, April 13, 2012, between these Presidential Nominees.

Congressional leaders balked at the late introduction of this party since the election is but a scant 10 months away. But beltway officials argue this debate should only take a fraction of what it usually takes both the Democratic / Republican's circus to mark their brand. DC experts agree and believe their debate should really only last an hour.

So please Ladies and Gentlemen, help me welcome, your.....

2012 People's Party Presidential Nominees.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
With this year's Presidential election arriving soon, do you know who 'your' candidate is? One that best represent your social and political views? What are the hottest issues with you? Do you know enough of each candidates' views and platform to make an informed decision come election time?

Take this 2-minute quiz and the result will not only amaze you, but give you a clearer overview on which candidate share your ideals..

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/candidate-match-game-ipad/?csp=ipadinapp

Almost shocked the heck out of me when I saw my result.  :o

Offline Gylden

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 01:14:40 PM »
So who is most like you GQ?

Offline Eduard

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »
Ron Paul makes the most sense to me the rest of them seem all about the same except Santorum who doesn't have enough presence and right "aura" IMO. Any of these will be better than what we have now. 4 more years of Obama and the country is gonna look like Detroit. I think there is gonna be an exodus of Americans from the US if he gets reelected.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »
So who is most like you GQ?

Well, apparently, or so it seems, according to this quiz, the order of candidates that best portray my social/political views are (in this order) : Newt, Obama, R. Paul, Bachman...

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
Interesting Survey GQ..... Paul, Bachman (out) and Perry (out).

GOB

PS... Trump called the guy (Paul) a circus clown.  :o
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:07:43 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Eduard

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »
I took the test... Ron Paul seems to be my guy 60.1%
realrussianmatch.com

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
I took the test... Ron Paul seems to be my guy 60.1%

I'll assume the percentages that accompanied the result denote the similarity of the candidates' views alongside the quiz takers. I had a 40.1% on Newt (38.4, 37.8, & 36.5 respectively) which if I'm correct, my front runner does not even represent the majority of my social/political viewpoints, nor does he generally mirror my 'hot button' issues.

Quite damning to be in a situation to have to pick between less than ideal choices.

Rubio/Ryan should have been on the ticket. Heck, at this rate, I'd even vote for Jeremey Lin today if he was running for office. At least he graduated from Harvard with honors (genuinely) and he really CAN play basketball.    :(

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44:55 PM »
Interesting Survey GQ..... Paul, Bachman (out) and Perry (out).

GOB

PS... Trump called the guy (Paul) a circus clown.  :o

Perry was dead last for me, GOB.

Offline BC

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
Big 'O' all the way here, but strangely enough, Perry second runner but a wide spread.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
I had: 1. Paul 2. Perry 3. Bachman
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
Big 'O' all the way here, but strangely enough, Perry second runner but a wide spread.

You really have it in for the American people don't you?

Offline Eduard

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »

+1
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 02:37:23 AM »
With this year's Presidential election arriving soon, do you know who 'your' candidate is? One that best represent your social and political views? What are the hottest issues with you? Do you know enough of each candidates' views and platform to make an informed decision come election time?

Take this 2-minute quiz and the result will not only amaze you, but give you a clearer overview on which candidate share your ideals..

Almost shocked the heck out of me when I saw my result.  :o

Thought I'd take this just for interest (with apologies to those of you for whom this matters).

Near enough to a dead-heat - Obama (as I expected) top with 61.3%, but Jon Huntsman right behind with 61.2%.  Newt Gingrich only just getting into the home straight to be third with 42.9%.  Bachman and Santorum dead-heated for last.

Offline BC

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:00 AM »

What do you mean by 'have it in' Maxx?

Offline Gator

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »

The test is interesting but far from valid.  The test gives no points for coming close to the policy I selected.  For example, I said I would prefer a candidate who had a successful business career, served as Governor, and was a diplomat.  Huntsman wins all the points because he meets all three.  Romney meets two (plus should get credit for the Olympics).  However Romney gets the same points as others who are nothing more than a life long politician, one a "has been" politician.

Romney is my man.  I would have trouble voting for Santorum, yet Obama is so bad as a leader I would do it (lesser of two evils).

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:51:45 AM »
I selected the same line item you did as preference, Gator, and quite surprised the fnal names I received. To the best of my knowledge, Newt was a consultant, Obama never ran a business, neither did Dr. Paul (none were diplomats) but those were the names slated to me based on a cumulative point system.

I am almost convinced they assigned and established a certain amount of points according to their own estimation on how much those individual line items are worth.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
I think both Romney and Newt have very strong points as well as Santorum, but my feeling is that they will only slow down the decline of this country. We need a radical change to actually turn it around and Paul is the only guy who would do it if he wins and... lives
realrussianmatch.com

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958