It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trippin in St Pete  (Read 371361 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trippin in St Pete
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2015, 01:11:46 AM »
))

excellent recollection of your Odessa trip, Beel..

We didn't have cloud based photo storage and my TR photos were long since deleted as I knew it was not a good idea to keep such things around when the future RU wife was coming to try living with me.

She still managed to find a cached photo of a mini bikini clad popa that I really didn't know still existed  ;D

I can understand your 'weakness' at the time - re bedroom olympics - and such TRs are a salutory lesson.

How we/ our partners react / behave after an act of intimacy is JUST as important as the before/ during....

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Trippin in St Pete
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
excellent recollection of your Odessa trip, Beel..

I wrote about the Odessa trip a few years ago. I just hadn't posted
about it here. I thought that maybe putting all the TR's in one spot
would be helpful rather than scattered all over the internet.

The Kiev trip, I hadn't written about before so that's coming out of
the fuzzy/cobweb filled area of my brain.

We didn't have cloud based photo storage and my TR photos were long since deleted as I knew it was not a good idea to keep such things around when the future RU wife was coming to try living with me.

She still managed to find a cached photo of a mini bikini clad popa that I really didn't know still existed  ;D

I deleted all the photos off my hard drive quite some time ago. Unless the photo
of the bikini clad poppa belongs to your Sister, Daughter or Mother the photo must go!

I can understand your 'weakness' at the time - re bedroom olympics - and such TRs are a salutory lesson.

How we/ our partners react / behave after an act of intimacy is JUST as important as the before/ during....

I knew that I was ignoring the little voice in my head, it was talking to
me telling me things weren't ok. I knew it, I was just ignoring it.

After every trip to the FSU I spent quite a bit of time both analyzing
what I did right, what I did wrong and how to improve next time.
The only way to do that was to be brutally honest with myself. I think
the most important thing that I learned in all searching and travels
was learned in this first trip was

To break it off and move on. Sure you might have a lot of\
emotions, desires, efforts and hope tied up in this one girl, but
if it's not there today, it's not going to be there tomorrow. You are
just wasting the time that you could be spending finding your true
love.

Don't waste another minute with little Miss cold heart Hot Nogi/popka

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:41:45 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2015, 11:43:42 AM »

Don't waste another minute with little Miss cold heart Hot popka

:shock:   

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Second trip to Kiev
« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »
Recap: I traveled first to Odessa in November, then to Kiev for New Years and this trip was
made in February.

This trip was to be a Meet many trip. I cultivated several contacts from various agencies
Anna was a gorgeous girl from her photos but when I met her in person she admitted that
her photos were nearly 10 years old and at least 30 pounds lighter.

I met a girl for dinner then when she was leaving she asked me for taxi money and tried
to tell me it would cost $30 to get where she was going. I knew it was way too high but
handed over the money and crossed her off the list.

Elena looked amazing and we had several dates before she asked me to buy her an $800
coat. I laughed and told her that she hadn't even kissed me yet. I was promised a kiss
(only $800  :D ) but she got kicked to the curb. I met another Elena who I thought was
an excellent candidate and she was very funny had married an Australian man but he
died and she returned to Kiev. She broke it off with me (Bill got kicked to the curb  :o ).

Pavel* , picked me up at the airport and did some translating for me but for the most
part I went around on my own setting up meetings from an internet cafe. I was easily
able to set up several meetings but for the most part I wasn't finding the type of girl
that would qualify for the future Mrs 2tallbill.

I wasn't going to settle so I went home quite a bit more experienced and confidant that
I was going to eventually find the girl for me.

I went home and started writing more girls, I decided to meet a girl from St Pete
and this trip report was the result of that adventure. I had the bug. 

* http://www.ukraine-travel-advisor.com/kiev-interpreter.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:33:07 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Contacts in Ukraine
« Reply #379 on: April 17, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
During my first and second trip to Ukraine I utilized the services of Igor Kalinin
who has been a member here at the forum avatar name Stierlitz.

You can find Stierlitz from his website here http://www.igorkalinin.com/index.en.html
I highly recommend his services and he is what I call the invisible translator. I would
look at the girl and say something and he would translate it. He was very adept at
keeping up with even quick conversations. He also is helpful for finding a flat, transporting
to and from the airport. He will give you advice (I unwisely ignored some of it during
my trip to Odessa)

Steirlitz by the way is Russia's James Bond a suave and brilliant spy who foils all kinds of various plots by the WWII Nazi's.  In playful moments I call Mrs 2tallbill , Ms Stirlitz and
find it necessary to search her for secrets and contraband  ;D 

In my third trip I went to Kiev and used Pavel for finding a flat, translation and some
transport. Pavel is a great guy and has a smorgasbord of anecdotes and sayings.
I highly recommend Pavel as well. You can find Pavel at his website here

http://www.ukraine-travel-advisor.com/kiev-interpreter.html

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Romance in Lugansk
« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »
This story you can only read here. I haven't written about this elsewhere.

I was back in the USA and still using Russian Love Match* which is a typical pay per view
pay to chat, write letters agency. I met a cute girl who was way too young for me. This is still
before my St Pete trip so I think I was 24 and she was going to have a birthday in September
so I arranged to meet her a couple days before her birthday. I was 44 and she would turn 25
so 19 year difference.

She had broken several agency rules and got me her phone number and contact information.
She was also a translator and teacher of English and she was soooooooooooooo cute. She was
also very funny and could make me laugh, she liked my humor as well.

I don't sleep on airplanes well at all, I've even taken Ambien before and it just makes me
super tired and miserable. So I usually arrive looking like a zombie. However when I arrived
in Kiev I had something like a 6 hour layover, so I had Pavel pick me up and take me to his
flat. I showered, shaved and hit his couch for a couple hours then a bowl of his wife's borscht
and I was a new man instead of a zombie.

I arrived in Lugansk, collected my bag and looked around. It was sunny outside and then
I saw Yuliana get out of a cab that she arranged for us. She seemed very shy when she walked
up to me so I picked her up and spun around a couple times. She squealed, I smooched her
and off we go in the cab.

We walked the streets of Lugansk, hand in hand. I would ask her if she wanted something to
drink and she always said no. NOTE to newbies an FSUW will often say no because they
don't want to take advantage of your generosity. Many Russians will offer you the shirt off their
back but you are supposed to say no as well. Because she said no, I said "I am thirsty and it's
warm outside,  I will buy two waters/juice/whatever in case you get thirsty later." She was
always happy that I bought her something to drink anyway. 

We had a fantastic time and really hit it off. She was every bit as sweet, interesting and funny
as I hoped. We spent the next two weeks together and I was becoming more and more sure
that I had found the girl for me.

The two weeks were over before you know it and I had to get on a plane and go home. She
went with me to the airport and there were huge crocodile tears streaming down her face.
This was a first for me. When I went to Odessa, I met with a hot/cold girl (mostly cold). On
my visit many trips to Kiev, I never found a girl who I hit it off with, but now I had and I
didn't want to get on a plane and leave this girl behind.

I arrived back in the SF Bay Area where I lived back then and called her. She said she missed
me and we spoke about when we could meet again.

Then she fell off the map and disappeared. I got Pavel to track her down and he came back
with her story. She was light headed and fell down on the bus, her phone was broken in the
fall and she was taken to the hospital for a transfusion, she told her daughter about me and
her daughter told her exhusband and he threatened her. Blah, blah, blah we can't be together,
yada, yada, yada she is afraid of her exhusband who could hurt her and so on it went.

The story doesn't matter, it was time to move on. Yes, I really liked her but once the stories
and the excuses start flying it's time to pull up stakes and move on.

So, I started writing letters and December came along and I was headed to St Pete which is
where this trip report actually started.

I only hope that newbies can read these trip reports and glean something from them.

Udachi!

Bill

*NOTE: I don't recommend using pay by the letter or pay to chat agencies. I would avoid them.
There is too much temptation for the local agencies to write letters on behalf of the ladies and
other shenanigans. 
FSUW don't do vague

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »
Bill, I get the feeling with this last one that she actually decided to get back with her husband.  No matter, as you said too many excuses and it was time to move on.  Thanks for having the courage to share all of this stuff.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Romance in Lugansk
« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
We walked the streets of Lugansk, hand in hand. I would ask her if she wanted something to
drink and she always said no. NOTE to newbies an FSUW will often say no because they
don't want to take advantage of your generosity. 

My thoughts on this from a trip to Ukraine and learning the hard way. As a gentleman you should want to do something for the woman and just go ahead and do so rather than ask her if she would like x,y,z.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
No doesn't always mean no
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »
My thoughts on this from a trip to Ukraine and learning the hard way. As a gentleman you should want to do something for the woman and just go ahead and do so rather than ask her if she would like x,y,z.

No often does NOT mean no with an FSUW.

FSUW  can change their minds, Did you ever move furniture around for an AW? believe me FSUW can change their minds too.

No can mean "help me change my mind" it doesn't mean "make me admit I was wrong"

another example

She hasn't made up her mind yet but you wanted an answer so she says Nyet, which is the default answer to most questions if she hasn't thought about it yet. So if she says no then there is a more than fair chance that she hasn't really given it enough thought to make a decision

another example

You can be walking down the street and see a kiosk which sells water, drinks etc.
You ask her if she wants anything. She says no because she wants to be polite but the truth is she would like a water or a drink.

You should then say, "I am thirsty and pick two waters but before paying for the waters ask "would you like water or maybe something else?" then she says yes that she prefers the water.

Very often in the FSU people say no to be polite. You will also notice that if you say no, you will be offered the same thing again and again to make sure that you are not just saying no to be polite. I can remember at least a hundred times where an RW first said "no" to an offered drink or something and then she was absolutely delighted that I got her something anyway.

I can list a dozen other reasons why no might not mean no with RW

Before anyone gives me a bunch of femi BS about how "no means no" believe me if the answer is H-E-L-L    N-O !!! !! ! I have yet to meet an FSUW who has a problem communicating that. 
FSUW don't do vague

Offline AC

• Banned Member
Re: No doesn't always mean no
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2015, 10:13:40 AM »
Before anyone gives me a bunch of femi BS about how "no means no" believe me if the answer is H-E-L-L    N-O !!! !! ! I have yet to meet an FSUW who has a problem communicating that.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Local Russian girls
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:50 AM »
After returning from St Petersburg I dated several local Russian girls. Most after
one or two dates and I could see that they weren't for me. However, I found a girl
who lived about 3 1/2 hours away in Northern California and we started dating.

She was a sweet girl and we dated for about 6 months with me traveling up North
every weekend, occasionally I would go get her and bring her to stay with me in
the Bay Area where I lived at the time.

She had married a man and came to the USA on a K1 visa. They divorced but she
had never really gotten over him. When discussing some aspect of our future she
always wanted things to be exactly like they were with her exhusband. His name
or what he did would always come up in nearly any serious conversation we had.

Eventually I realized that she wasn't over him and hadn't moved on yet enough to
have a go with me. We talked about this extensively but in the end we broke it off.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Trippin in Dnepropetrovsk
« Reply #386 on: April 23, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »
I joined Lucky Lovers and wrote hundreds of girls eventually narrowing it down to
one girl from Dnepropetrovsk. I talked to my girl about writing a trip report after which
she said "but Beel, I will keel you!"

So we made a sort of compromise about what I could write about and what I couldn't.

I used my Delta skymiles to buy a round trip ticket to Kiev from San Francisco.
I have to pay about $180 for the taxes and misc stuff. I was scheduled to leave
San Francisco at 6:30 am on December 19th 2009.

I made the 10 thousand arrangements that a single dad must make to
be at the airport at 5:00 am that morning. I was promptly stuck at the
end of a line that was about a mile long.

In a short 3 hours of waiting in line I got my turn with the haggard Delta
airlines employee who already got told how, where and when to stick his
head up his @$$ by a hundred people before me. I didn't have any new,
insightful or particularly clever ways to tell him that it sucked that the flight
was canceled and that there were no available flights today, or even
tomorrow.

So the Delta agent sent me off on Sunday evening traveling to Atlanta
and eventually getting to JFK after many hours of layovers. No they
didn't really give a crap about my non refundable Aerosvit tickets that
I would be losing, they didn't really care about anything except getting
me out of their face.

I got home about noon and called Delta customer dis-service. I looked at my
ticket leaving Sunday evening and many hours of layovers and rescheduled
it to leave on Monday morning and arriving in Kiev at the same time. I also
arranged exit row seats to help my long legs survive the flights.

The Monday flight 5:00 am drop off and again I was in a huge line.

I started having thoughts that I wouldn't get through however, the line started
moving and I was on my way heading back to the land of wonder.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:55:43 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #387 on: April 24, 2015, 06:38:08 AM »
My Girl found an apartment for about $27 per night
since it was in Grivnas it's hard to say exactly what
the rate is.

Like most FSU apartments it looked like a demilitarized zone
on the outside.

This is the standard Welcoming steel entry

This is the stairway just inside the door. The smell inside the door reminds me of the
smell of a backed up urinal in a Mexican strip club (not that I've ever been in one  ;D )
It didn't smell like flowers. I used a flash on the camera otherwise it was pitch black
inside.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
OMG - how 'welcoming '
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2015, 11:09:48 AM »
OMG - how 'welcoming '

Yeah, it was dark and smelly. The inside wasn't bad though.

NOTE to newbies:
They call a studio apartment a one room apartment and a one bedroom
apartment a two room apartment.

This is a one room or studio apartment.

The balcony which wasn't heated and it was freezing cold which worked
great for storing leftovers since the refrigerator was pretty small.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Noch1

« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2015, 12:54:02 PM »
Looks about right, LOL. Apartment was nice for that kind of money.
At least she wasn't trying to put you in something like that for 150 a night.
Which we have all heard of those stories.
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »
My apartment here in Russia is the exact same style. I don't know how they get furniture up the stairs. No urine smell however, thank god. It is a two room apartment.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline jone

« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2015, 04:32:46 PM »
WELCOME, MHR7!

- Happy to see you here.  Don't be a stranger!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
My apartment here in Russia is the exact same style. I don't know how they get furniture up the stairs. No urine smell however, thank god. It is a two room apartment.
Welcome  :welcome:

For the benefit of those who have not seen for themselves-- entrance and hallway.stairs--often have nothing to do with the level of the apartment. I have seen  AAAAA apartment with entrances like this and worse.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2015, 02:45:16 AM »
Thank you jone, Jay!
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
I am not happy when there are dark entryways. But entryway does not always match interiors. Exteriors are often not so welcoming either.

Have no oligarch friends in the newest buildings. 8)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Welcome to the forum mhr7
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2015, 08:56:11 AM »
Thank you jone, Jay!

Welcome to the forum!
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2015, 09:01:20 AM »
This was back in 2009 and the first time I had seen a tankless water heater
in the FSU.

It worked sporadically. Most of the time you would be showering in warm
water, but it was just enough to lull you into a false sense of security before
turning instantly to some temperature only slightly warmer than freezing.

In later trips I found plenty of tankless hot water heaters that worked fine but
this wasn't one of them.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:05:27 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »
Having hit my head about a million times in my life, I tend to look up
and not down, however you might want to look down while walking in
the FSU. You will never see an FSUW step on a manhole cover, but in
this case the cover was missing entirely.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline LAman

« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »
All I gotta say is with so much 'trippin'......you will eventually fall on your face many times....

most call it gravity.....but we all know better!! ;)
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1396