It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update)  (Read 2068 times)

Offline MarkLeftTX

Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update)
« on: January 05, 2024, 03:45:48 PM »
Hmmm... I tried this and it didn't take. Let me try again.

Most people I knew are probably no longer around, but in case any of you are: hi.

I was active in 2002. I met Vika, my wife in May of 2002 in Kiev. We got engaged, and through the K-1 Visa, and married in December of that year.

I will say that a blended family and blended cultures at times were challenging.

But, God is Good, and our marriage survived the tests. Now, we are empty nesters. Both of our kids are happily married. Vika's son, Stas, has two children with his (American) wife. The eldest, a boy named Vitali, has pretty much stolen Vika's heart. It's a pleasure to watch (although I still can't believe I am sleeping with a grandma!)

I haven't been on any forum in years. The Toxic nature of some of the posters were just not worth wading through. But, in case anyone I knew is still around... here are some pics of us then and now.

Happy New Year, everyone.

PS: If anyone knows how to get a package to Kherson without spending a fortune, message me. We can get money in, but packages have been a struggle!)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 09:00:12 PM »
Hi Mark, thanks for returning to post.
And thanks for the pics.  Your wife is still very attractive, so you chose well.
I have been on these boards since 2000 (under other handles) and I have a very good memory, so I remember you well.
That was where we first met Turboguy, Dan (who now owns this site), Jack Bragg, KenC, JB, Gator (under a different handle), Tootsie, and many others whose handle I can't recall right now.
I am now married to a Ukrainian woman whom I first met in 2004, also in Kyiv (not Kiev).
And she is also a grandmother, so we both sleep with such.
I would never attempt to get any packages to anywhere in eastern Ukraine.
Most would be stolen.
This forum is almost dead, but if you and other old timers come around more often it might survive.
Oh, I should mention that Jack Bragg and JB have passed away, and KenC divorced his Russian gal and then married a Chinese gal.
Anyway, I wish the best for you and your family.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 09:14:49 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline TwoBitBandit

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 03:35:35 AM »
Hello Mark,

Good to see your update.  I remember you from way back and your reports about meeting your wife and the early reports of being married.

I'm glad to see you're healthy and in good spirit.

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 08:17:52 AM »
Mark,

I remember reading your posts back in the day. Good to see you and your family are doing well.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 09:43:10 AM »
PS: If anyone knows how to get a package to Kherson without spending a fortune, message me. We can get money in, but packages have been a struggle!)

I assume you have tried Meest.

If it were me and Meest was having problems delivering packages to Kherson, I would have the packages held at the Meest offices in Mykolaiv, (or Odessa/Kyiv) and have your person travel there to pick up the package.  That may be better than trying to overcome obstacles in the final mile of delivery.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 11:29:18 AM »
Congrats.  We are a month away from 19 ourselves.  Life is too short.

Offline MarkLeftTX

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 12:38:30 PM »
I assume you have tried Meest.

Yep. Frustrating... we can get packages from there just fine. Can't get anything in there tho.

Hi Mark, thanks for returning to post.
That was where we first met Turboguy, Dan (who now owns this site), Jack Bragg, KenC, JB, Gator (under a different handle), Tootsie, and many others whose handle I can't recall right now.
This forum is almost dead, but if you and other old timers come around more often it might survive.

I remember all of those as well. I hope you are doing well, ML

I think this forum served its purpose. But, even before the war broke out, things had changed so much that nothing I can contribute is valuable anymore. My guess is that most of the Old Timers are dead, divorced, or too busy trying to make ends meet these days to come on the forum. I used to be on a bunch of forums about a lot of things... but I have no time now.  And, as I said, I don't think I have much to offer anyone taking the journey these days...

-Mark

PS: When I was there it was still called Kiev... But I get your point. My wife stopped speaking Russian these days. All of her friends speak only Ukrainian.

Offline Muckraker

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 08:56:02 AM »
Greetings, Mark. Glad to hear you are doing well.

I’ve just clicked past twenty years with my bride myself, with five children (youngest just turned one, oldest is seventeen now).

Regards,

Muck

Offline CaptB

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 12:21:38 AM »
Hey Mark,

Congrats on your long marriage. The wife and I passed our 20th last August. Time flies !

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Online supranatural

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM »
Good to see the old-timers still around here but it’s true the site is almost dead.  I wish it weren’t so.  My UW wife and I are coming up on our 16th anniversary this August, we have 2 kids (13 yo son and 6 yo daughter), and are well established in our community…wife is a realtor (I’m in IT sales, so both of us are in sales).  I think the new generation of guys going to foreign countries for love are a very different breed than the regulars who were on this board (Passport Bros) - I doubt I could, or even want to, help them in their endeavors.  I return here from time to time to see if anything is new but like most I’m very busy these days with work, kids and travel so surfing around on boards falls to the bottom of my priority list but that’s the way of the world isn’t it?

It was Jack Bragg who helped me meet my wife, and we still remember him fondly.  I didn’t know JB had passed away, when did that happen?  He and I had a big falling out a few years back so I lost touch with him.

Kherson is in a bad spot as I’m sure you’re aware, not sure how to get packages there at all. My wife’s family is from Kherson, and we have part of them here as refugees from the war - her brother, his wife, their 27 yo daughter and her 2 kids.  Literally 11 people in the house (even a 5 BR 4,000 sq ft house starts to feel cramped with that many people), we finally bought them a house and they’ve moved out and are getting by job wise.  I don’t think they will ever go back - they were pretty well off there (had a large business there) but their storage warehouses were raided by soldiers who took a lot of their supplies and vehicles.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1973
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM