It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trenchcoat's Further Theories on, and Experiences of, Dating in the FSU  (Read 71410 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trenchcoat's Further Theories on, and Experiences of, Dating in the FSU
« Reply #475 on: October 18, 2023, 02:48:51 AM »
Well, I seem to be getting some joy in dating relations at the moment. Though part of me at my age (mid forties) wonders whether I should just play it safe and content myself with having my own place and be grateful for that. Relationships mean change and I wonder if I might soon be getting too old for change. I guess relationships can bring a lot of joy also. I think I will take it steady in any relationship that may get going as need to feel happy with where I'm at. In that I can see why Bee Farmer isn't all full out to be in a relationship. A single life doesn't necessarily mean all bad. Though that said a distant relative off mine, a single guy apparently keeled over dead in a bar in his mid sixties due to alcoholism. Nice to have someone see how it goes I guess.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 04:04:49 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #476 on: October 18, 2023, 06:55:43 AM »
don't get cold feet Trench...
the fear of change is what's ALWAYS held you back...
your autistic tendencies have caused you to seek an environment that guarantees familiarity
and fear things that would alter your state of "slack"
free yourself from that just one time, and then you are FOREVER FREE!!!

you need to understand what it's like to be an "outsider" in a foreign culture
the isolation, and lack of connecting to local things
try to be a "friend"
but you need to be able to get her to be comfortable "opening up" to you
so you need to be able to get her to "talk to you"
and you do that by first opening up to her
a mutual exchange

for example, if she doesn't drive, offer to teach her...
imperative you find out "her interests"
and what UK locations would appeal to that

I know you're as horny as a "two-peckered BillyGoat" (learned that one in Texas)
but stop thinking about sex with her
start it out slowly

remember, never, under any circumstance, do or say anything "with negative energy" to a Ukrainian woman
if she gets angry and insults you, this is normal for them
be as jesus said, and turn the other cheek

you can't control their behavior, but you can control your own

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #477 on: October 18, 2023, 05:52:17 PM »
don't get cold feet Trench...
the fear of change is what's ALWAYS held you back...
your autistic tendencies have caused you to seek an environment that guarantees familiarity
and fear things that would alter your state of "slack"
free yourself from that just one time, and then you are FOREVER FREE!!!

you need to understand what it's like to be an "outsider" in a foreign culture
the isolation, and lack of connecting to local things
try to be a "friend"
but you need to be able to get her to be comfortable "opening up" to you
so you need to be able to get her to "talk to you"
and you do that by first opening up to her
a mutual exchange

for example, if she doesn't drive, offer to teach her...
imperative you find out "her interests"
and what UK locations would appeal to that

I know you're as horny as a "two-peckered BillyGoat" (learned that one in Texas)
but stop thinking about sex with her
start it out slowly

remember, never, under any circumstance, do or say anything "with negative energy" to a Ukrainian woman
if she gets angry and insults you, this is normal for them
be as jesus said, and turn the other cheek

you can't control their behavior, but you can control your own

Thanks Krim I really appreciate it. A fair amount of that we are doing and we seem to be so similar it's uncanny. Yeah I kind of figured to put any sort of idea of sex on the back burner and no matter how hot I may find her looking avoid that at all cost in the first date as I'm after a long term relationship so I don't want to be classed in the wrong bracket. I think you're right in try to be a friend and try and be considerate as to how it feels being in not so familiar lands. I guess I kind of know how that feels from my time in Ukraine moreso the first time and being unfamiliar with the language and just about everything.

I think once we spend a bit of time together then hopefully change won't seem an issue that much. I really do thank you for your words though Krim they are good and the right way to proceed I think.

It's looking real good at the moment. I know that it doesn't necessarily guarantee anything in person but I will be patient and take it as it comes.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM