It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New guy here! Stumbled upon you all by accident  (Read 21334 times)

Offline RevenR

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
New guy here! Stumbled upon you all by accident
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
Hey all! Glad to meet you. Happened upon this site by accident and so, here I am.

I have been head over heels about Russian/Ukraine women for a while and I have always wanted to visit those countries and meet someone! Ultimately looking for a wife... A good simple Woman. These US girls are :wallbash:
I'm in the US fyi.

I am pretty much the only one I know who is interested in such an endeavor,  and have no guidance as to where to start. I personally don't know anyone who has attempted such a thing. Reading some of these forums seems like many of you have probably traveled a bit.

I have learned that there are many scam sites, kinda easy to weed out. But are there any legitimate ones? Any guidance or tips is much appreciated from you all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:37:57 PM by RevenR »

Offline DaveNY

• Trips: > 10
Re: New guy here! Stumbled upon you all by accident
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:43:36 PM »
Welcome to RWD, RevenR.

My advice in no particular order. Learn some of her language if at all possible. Realize it will cost a lot of money. Understand there are a lot of scammers in the FSU trying to get your money. Not just women but men pretending to be women and others running agencies promising to hook you up with young beautiful women of your dreams. 95% plus of the ads for FSUW are scams.

Many men say it took them 8 or 10 trips or more to the FSU before they found their wife. At about $5,000 per trip that's lots of money. Then the costs of moving her to the US, more money.

Feel free to post some information about your potential g/f and ask advice.

Offline jone

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:18:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

As to your questions about websites many on here have differing opinions.  My own personal opinion is that all sites have legitimate women and scammers.  But the percentage of legitimate women is much higher on subscription sites.   My personal favorite is ElenasModels.com.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:41:37 PM »
Welcome to the site, RevenR

Check out the RWD ten commandments and you'll not go far wrong. They are written by those with long experience of travelling to the FSU and meeting women from there.

THere was a time when turning up as an American would have the woman surrounding you - those days have gone.  Why? I thin it is a combination of some of the guys that went and the reported experiences of ladies who went and returned , plus - in the case of Russia - in particular - an anti-western and in particular - anti US / British agenda - when the Kremlin has had it's expansionist ( they would claim fixing the mistakes of the past ) policies / away games 'sanctioned' ...  and western nations are now seen as 'weak' ?

If you are confident and caring and can provide a roof over your intended''s head - you can win - but it is not cheap and can be frustrating

It is worth it ? HELL YES !

I've not visited a dating site in anger for nearly six years - so I'm not able to recommend 'the best' and what was a good site can change.

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 02:01:59 AM »
Revener  lots of advice will be different.  Mine is a site called f dating and then get on to Viber or what's app.  Video calls you can meet the person they can see your life you can see theirs.  Tick the speak English box on f dating for the woman as you will never speak enough Russian and if the relationship  blossoms the odds are she's moving to your country not you to hers.

Offline RevenR

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 04:42:37 AM »
I already appreciate the feedback from you all. Like I said,  I didn't  know anyone who tried this, so I was just shooting blind pretty much. Based off your input, sounds like a may have to accumulate my resources for a few more years to make that many trips haha.

I tried F dating that one seemed a little sketch. I have not done Elenora yet. Anyone know anything about bridesandlovers? That one seems almost to good to be true.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 05:07:21 AM »
If you pay you loose.  Simple.  F dating is real.  Most pay for sites are key board masturbation  for idiots.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 05:12:33 AM »
Anyone one who has not been dating in the fsu in 2018 or 2019 is so way out of date they are dinosaurs about dating.  The old timers can give you trip advice and living together advice.   Others can give you front line dating advice.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 05:50:48 AM »
I already appreciate the feedback from you all. Like I said,  I didn't  know anyone who tried this, so I was just shooting blind pretty much. Based off your input, sounds like a may have to accumulate my resources for a few more years to make that many trips haha.

I tried F dating that one seemed a little sketch. I have not done Elenora yet. Anyone know anything about bridesandlovers? That one seems almost to good to be true.

I can recommend both dmnotify.com and cuteonly.com
both are monthly subscription sites and seems to be more active site then Elenas.

Take the advice from everyone with a lot of suspicion, it's your journey and not someone else's, it might take you one trip and it might take you 20, that is all up to you and what approach you use.

Read here, ask questions and heed the advice given, some here should come with a warning label when they post anything. If you browse around you will soon see who, they plague every thread with nonsense and bad advice.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 06:11:34 AM »
And some post the Disneyland version that does not exist.  Pay anything for a dating site you loose.  May take you a long time to figure it out.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 06:28:11 AM »
Personally im battle hardened and getting it 50 per cent right.  We brits have a major advantage $35 return flight to kiev and back  ))))))

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 06:46:00 AM »
Personally im battle hardened and getting it 50 per cent right.  We brits have a major advantage $35 return flight to kiev and back  ))))))
Really? I’ve been flying to and from a Kyiv for the last 10 years and have never seen a fare like that.
Link please.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 06:48:59 AM »
Anyone one who has not been dating in the fsu in 2018 or 2019 is so way out of date they are dinosaurs about dating.  The old timers can give you trip advice and living together advice.   Others can give you front line dating advice.
That’s palpable nonsense. Ones knowledge of how to interact with women never goes out of date.
Some people, on the other hand, haven’t the foggiest on how to form relationships with the opposite sex.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
I can recommend both dmnotify.com and cuteonly.com
both are monthly subscription sites and seems to be more active site then Elenas.

Take the advice from everyone with a lot of suspicion, it's your journey and not someone else's, it might take you one trip and it might take you 20, that is all up to you and what approach you use.

]b]Read here, ask questions and heed the advice given, some here should come with a warning label when they post anything. If you browse around you will soon see who, they plague every thread with nonsense and bad advice.[/b]
I wonder who that could be? 🤔😂

Offline RevenR

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 06:59:37 AM »
So it seems like the majority of you've been doing this for a while to say the least.
And all fairness, what is the success rate of this endeavor / the realistic idea of it? Is it a dream for most that will never come true? Or am I just wasting my time.
Most of you are probably in Europe I'm assuming, so it seems much easier for you guys to travel there. Versus me being all the way here in the US.

Offline oso

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 07:11:41 AM »
Hello and welcome!
I have not been here on RWD much, but let me chime in. I am a Ukrainian expat with Ukrainian residency. I am currently in the US. First of all you need to decide if this is a venture you really want to complete. Women are women no matter what country they are from. I know many Eastern European women. They are very different and don't let the websites cloud your vision.
It is very easy to meet a woman there, and if you find one be prepared to saddle up and go meet her. You will know if she is "in to you" or not. If she is, you won't be able to rid her once she put her hooks into you.
Do you know that there are many living in the states already? Lonely and ready to met a man of their dream?
If you meet one of these fine ladies, spend some time with her. Not just a week and come home and file a k-1.
Some of my personal experience .....
I am married to a smoking hot Ukrainian woman that is a nympho....every mans dreams :)
We are both over 50 and both professional. There is 13 years difference in age and we have been together for 5 years.
First of all, I would never get rid of her. But life has had its bumps.
Also she grew up in a KGB family.

If you meet one of these woman, go through a argument cycle. They like to argue, but I only have to have my ass handed to me once to figure out do I want to be right, or do I want to be happy.
You can not win...
You can not change a bad idea with a 2x4 to the back of the head...they are stubborn
They don't trust very easy, it will take time.
If there is a problem, my wife will do what ever is needed to fix it. If you need help, she will take off the heels and roll up her sleeves to help out.
The list goes on and on.....Has it been easy...NO, IT TAKES ALOT OF WORK FROM BOTH SIDES.
Would I do it again? HELL YES
Ask around, someone here might be able to introduce one to you...I might be able to, but not sure.
I'll be home in Kyiv late March.
Also you should know this is not easy for them as well. It is difficult for both sides and I can explain further if needed to...
Good luck

Offline GenMish

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 07:12:17 AM »
So it seems like the majority of you've been doing this for a while to say the least.
And all fairness, what is the success rate of this endeavor / the realistic idea of it? Is it a dream for most that will never come true? Or am I just wasting my time.
Most of you are probably in Europe I'm assuming, so it seems much easier for you guys to travel there. Versus me being all the way here in the US.

I am one for one, but I went 26 years ago. I was going to go last year but punted, because I couldn't get excited enough about one lady and didn't want to spend my summer vacation criss crossing the FSU on coin flips.  Like you, I am in the US. It used to be a huge advantage, but not so anymore. You will be competing with men from countries with nationalized health care, good public transit(whereas you will be getting her Medical Insurance and a Car) and they have more vacation time to search

However, I might give it another go in 2019. I will just have to use social media more effectively

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 07:38:22 AM »
Ryan air .. Stansted ...kiev

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 07:49:04 AM »
John you lasted dated 10 years ago.  Web based dating was just starting and so was smart phones.  Now I what's app and we show each other around our houses apartment kids town via video live link on what's app.  You can see how she acts with her kids and how you act with yours.  As trench said all the hot ones go to the pay sites and the normals go to the free ones )))))    I have been pleasantly surprised by how much better my f dating dates looked than the equivalent UK situation where photo shop takes years off.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 07:53:20 AM »
Ryan air .. Stansted ...kiev
Never flown Ryanair..,.,never will. Must be a new service.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 07:59:52 AM »
John you lasted dated 10 years ago.  Web based dating was just starting and so was smart phones.  Now I what's app and we show each other around our houses apartment kids town via video live link on what's app.  You can see how she acts with her kids and how you act with yours.  As trench said all the hot ones go to the pay sites and the normals go to the free ones )))))    I have been pleasantly surprised by how much better my f dating dates looked than the equivalent UK situation where photo shop takes years off.
Online dating has been around for a tad longer then 10 years. Smart phones too.
Nothing new there. I was doing the live video thing back then.
It’s not just about the mechanics of dating tho, is it. It’s about your personal skills and how you establish relationships with other human beings that will, in the end, dictate your success or failure with women anywhere.
Technology will bring you to the door. How you open the door and cross the threshold is what really matters.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 08:00:55 AM »
And some post the Disneyland version that does not exist.  Pay anything for a dating site you loose.  May take you a long time to figure it out.

Pay anything? I think the majority here would disagree with you on that, the monthly subscription sites are well tested and usually trustworthy, PPL site on the other hand are the plague.

I never had any problems on the free sites myself, both to get answers and build relations with women, but that I contribute more to my offensive charm and outstanding profile (which I always got credit from the ladies about)
but everyone is not me and the competition on the free sites with 99% keyboard romeos and "ugly people" asking for nude pictures tend to turn of the ladies from using them to the same extent.

That is the only reason I say - as a beginner - go on a well known subscription site and try your luck first.
It's about $30-40 for a month and if you can't afford that, don't look for a woman even outside your own neighborhood.

edit:
what james must have totally missed is that these sites are still FREE FOR THE WOMEN. So why should she use fdating instead of dmnotify  :wallbash:

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 08:05:15 AM »
Really? I’ve been flying to and from a Kyiv for the last 10 years and have never seen a fare like that.
Link please.

Stockholm  - Kyiv  - Stockholm - $44  :clapping:

IF you book a couple of months ahead (RyanAir)

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 08:07:20 AM »
Stockholm  - Kyiv  - Stockholm - $44  :clapping:

IF you book a couple of months ahead (RyanAir)
I never look at Ryanair. Never fly with them as a matter of principle.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 08:25:31 AM »
I also pay 250 $  Heathrow Kiev.  I get more leg room that's all with ba

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1962
Total: 1973

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM