It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Bringing Someone to the US is like Bringing Home a Stray Dog .....  (Read 1934 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
This past week, driving in urban Los Angeles, I stopped at an intersection and a dog ran underneath my car.   Not willing to drive forward, I put the car in park and got out of it to see if I could get the dog to move.  The dog was obviously in need.   It was dirty, and would not approach.   Finally, I sat down on the pavement near the car and the dog slowly approached I was able to get a leash on it borrowed from my dog. 

The dog was a young poodle type.  Curly white hair.  No fleas.  Winning disposition.  She was so thankful that I picked her up and put her in my car, that she would not leave my side for any reason.   To make a long story short, she wound up with me over the next few days until I was able to discharge my self-imposed responsibility.  (Yes, I walked the neighborhood with her, put her on Facebook and had her checked for a chip.)

But I was very interested in seeing the change come over her as she became more and more secure.   The first thing she did was begin to whine every time she was left alone.   Not just whining, but caterwauling.   Then she showed, after two days, that she would bark at anything that caught her attention.   Finally, she also would demonstrate her displeasure by peeing and pooping in areas that were off limits but she was able to jump barriers and get there.

By the end of two days, I just didn't want to get rid of her, I was desperate.   My brother-in-law and I walked the neighborhood where I found her and we found someone willing to take her close to where we found her which seemed the most likely scenario that she would find her true home.  The lady already had a dog and the one she had was very similar to the one I found.

Now, I am not saying bringing a lady to the US from Eastern Europe is identical to a stray dog.  I simply say that every care should be taken that the lady is suited to the type of lifestyle she is coming to in the US.  Some people can make the transition, some can't.   We've had a great number of people who have shared on this forum that experienced total dis-function with the woman that came here and that they opted to marry.

As this section is for newbies, I encourage any reading this to read both the success stories and the horror stories on this forum.   And I am hoping that your experience that you will have will be better than mine with the stray dog.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Bringing Someone to the US is like Bringing Home a Stray Dog .....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 03:09:56 PM »
Curly white hair.  No fleas.  Winning disposition.

All are great attributes for a wife but I do draw the line at peeing and pooping on the carpet.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »
  Finally, I sat down on the pavement near the car and the dog slowly approached I was able to get a leash on it borrowed from my dog.
It was really nice of your dog to loan out his leash

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »
Jone, you have a caring heart, yet a hard one if you got rid of her after she gave you so much affection.   

If you decided to keep her, would you need to file a K-1? 

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
Jone, you have a caring heart, yet a hard one if you got rid of her after she gave you so much affection.   

If you decided to keep her, would you need to file a K-1?

No.  It would be a K-9.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
 :rolleyes:

Would a fiance who has a dog require a K-10?   :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:22:26 PM by SteveInBoston »

Offline Gator

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 05:30:24 AM »
No.  It would be a K-9.

GOOD ONE!!!   I should have seen that one coming. 

:ROFL:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1873
Total: 1884

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM