It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New dating search Specification & what I've Learned  (Read 34424 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: New dating search Specification & what I've Learned
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2016, 07:10:54 AM »
North, Pat and ML are all married to beautiful, loving and talented women.

So yes, their method obviously must have been wrong.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:36:39 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2016, 07:39:37 AM »
I would have never marry my wife on a VO.

Because?

She was married.
An agency she knows begged her to go to this meeting.

She went.

The rest is history

ML met plenty women in the lift (his speciality apparently  :P but i believe he has some other talents  :D ) and technicaly speaking they were not on internet.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2016, 07:44:55 AM »
I'm probably very odd .... but believe me - there was nothing 'random' about my latter Skype backed search ...

As for multiple trips - you assume this was all 'wife hunting' ? :)

I have been going 12 years for biz reasons....  hence 20+ Back in 2006/7 I was regularly in Kyiv as Russians and EU citizens didn't need visas to meet up

Trench..

1/ Approx half of UA's northern border is with Belarus

True, but Belarus is Russian Influenced (some might say almost a satellite state so Russia might send their army through their anyway. I personally think Russia will end up directly invading to end the conflict/stalemate and annex the Ukraine.

Anyway, I think you probably benefited a lot from your business trips in your hunt even if indirectly or maybe directly.

To me though some can probably do it just flying in for the week on one off's I'm thinking a more involved strategy makes common sense, there for at least a good few weeks so the girl(s) you meet get to know you, rather than being a stranger who just pops up out of the blue miraculously one day and is gone almost as quick. I think that for many its perhaps somewhat naive to think a quick fly in & out visit is going to deliver, it works for a few but for many its not realistic, like its instant girlfriend/wife provision on demand. I think a lot of scammers & their agencies latch onto this thinking and use it to dupe WM. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2016, 07:50:33 AM »
I would have never marry my wife on a VO.

Because?

She was married.
An agency she knows begged her to go to this meeting.

She went.

The rest is history

ML met plenty women in the lift (his speciality apparently  :P but i believe he has some other talents  :D ) and technicaly speaking they were not on internet.

You mean you stole some guys wife  :o

I'm reading into this that she went along to the meeting as the agency told her it was a visit many and hence it didn't matter as you would have other women to choose from so was just making up the numbers, whereas if it was a visit one then you would (i.e client) would be placing all your stakes on her potentially. I'm assuming she liked you so much (that there was chemistry) that she decided to leave her husband?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2016, 08:12:57 AM »
FWIW, I firmly subscribe to the WMVM approach especially for those of us who are North Americans and have a significantly longer distance to cover to the FSU. WMVM with the specific caveat of not writing to the ladies more than two weeks prior to your arrival for obvious reasons stated many times before.

Myself, I've done two full on WMVM trips to Ukraine and also messaged some ladies on dating sites (with subsequent dates with a few of them) while visiting friends and family in Hungary and Romania. The VO trips (three in total) were all to follow up with the Ukrainian women who I met on the WMVM trips and with whom I hit it off with.

I simply cannot phathom doing this search via the WOVO method. Especially for North Americans I think this is a lot less effective than WMVM. For the average guy, WMVM will probably yield the end goal quicker and less expensively than WOVO. There are exception to all of this and both methods eventually work so let's not crucify each other on this topic of debate.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:18:20 AM by GuppyCaptain »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2016, 08:14:34 AM »
You mean you stole some guys wife  :o

I'm reading into this that she went along to the meeting as the agency told her it was a visit many and hence it didn't matter as you would have other women to choose from so was just making up the numbers, whereas if it was a visit one then you would (i.e client) would be placing all your stakes on her potentially. I'm assuming she liked you so much (that there was chemistry) that she decided to leave her husband?

Correct

She never told that she was married, i discovered it when we were ending documents for our marriage.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:25:12 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2016, 08:17:14 AM »
North, Pat and ML are all married to beautiful, loving and talented women.

So yes, their method obviously must have been wrong.

ML, wasn't your wife previously married to a friend who passed away? 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:26:45 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline ML

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2016, 08:49:35 AM »

ML, wasn't your wife previously married to a friend who passed away?

You have brought this up before.

Regardless of any prior contact I had, I did meet with my current wife on a WMVM trip.

I also spent time with several women on my WMVM trips that I met in elevators, corridors, universities, etc.

The how we met is not the point; I spent time with them on WMVM trips.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2016, 08:54:36 AM »
You have brought this up before.

Regardless of any prior contact I had, I did meet with my current wife on a WMVM trip.

I also spent time with several women on my WMVM trips that I met in elevators, corridors, universities, etc.

The how we met is not the point; I spent time with them on WMVM trips.

I don't recall bringing it up before.  I'll take your word that I did.

The how you met is important if you tell others they should be following what you did because you found success.  You didn't find success doing WMVM but met your wife in a different manner.  Nothing wrong with it, just not completely honest when you hold your relationship as a WMVM success.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:57:21 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
New dating search Specification & what I've Learned
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »
If somebody goes with the Visit One approach, it would be good to have a backup plan.
Most visit one guys backup is to mope around feeling sorry for oneself. A far better plan
would be to meet some nice girls and see if magic happens. It won't happen if you are
sucking your thumb feeling sorry for yourself.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 01:32:43 PM »
Correct

She never told that she was married, i discovered it when we were ending documents for our marriage.

LOL, now the truth comes out ;D That's such a quirk of fate that occurred! So you were literally another joe who the dating agency was running the usually game on and instead of the usual go home empty handed after paying to see a load of girls, one actually came through for you and not only that she was married! She must have been mightily impressed by the chemistry or otherwise. Sound like quite a couple both filing for divorces at the same time, astonishing.

ML too, so met his wife from a girl he already was in contact with, so although there on WMVM she wasnt on the list/not from the online dating sites?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2016, 01:49:38 PM »
FWIW, I firmly subscribe to the WMVM approach especially for those of us who are North Americans and have a significantly longer distance to cover to the FSU. WMVM with the specific caveat of not writing to the ladies more than two weeks prior to your arrival for obvious reasons stated many times before.

Myself, I've done two full on WMVM trips to Ukraine and also messaged some ladies on dating sites (with subsequent dates with a few of them) while visiting friends and family in Hungary and Romania. The VO trips (three in total) were all to follow up with the Ukrainian women who I met on the WMVM trips and with whom I hit it off with.

I simply cannot phathom doing this search via the WOVO method. Especially for North Americans I think this is a lot less effective than WMVM. For the average guy, WMVM will probably yield the end goal quicker and less expensively than WOVO. There are exception to all of this and both methods eventually work so let's not crucify each other on this topic of debate.

The girl I met first time said that she could see why men from the US do WMVM, because of cost & time and would not hold it against them for the first visit, but visit one thereafter of course. I find lining up girls through dating sites difficult for the WMVM approach. Only so many girls get back to you, of them only a certain amount be reliable repliers. Some will be weeded out because of red flags, so in the end it is difficult to avoid the visit one or just have a few girls that you haven't sounded out fully/that well. Skype is also something that as I have found is necessary but time consuming and getting a fair few girls lined up and over that hurdle is a challenge in itself. I'm guessing that is why you use a marriage agency, Mordinson, pricey, but depends on whether it delivers I guess. Easier way of doing WMVM perhaps if fully legit, others (DK I think) have suggested paying someone to write for you with the online dating but IDK I think online dating, even the free/monthly sites are quite a mined out resource, easy to use & everyone uses them. Still as Patagonie & ML experience show, the bizarre & random can happen to some. Would you use Mordinson again do you think GC?

Offline ML

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2016, 01:55:39 PM »
I DID meet my now wife on one of my WMVM trips.

We did write before our meeting.

A WM does not preclude corresponding with someone not on a dating site.

A prior meeting or acquaintance with a woman does not preclude her from being on a current VM list.

Meeting a woman for the first time in a city whom you did not write before does not preclude her from being on the VM list.

A VM trip indicates you are open to meeting many women on the trip whom you might have come into contact with in numerous ways both before and during the trip.

A VM trip simply means you are not on a VO trip.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:48 PM »

From my POV, a VM simply means you are on a FM trip. Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2016, 02:18:42 PM »

From my POV, a VM simply means you are on a FM trip. Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Most men on both VM and VO trips realize a FN outcome.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
Most men on both VM and VO trips realize a FN outcome.

Ah, but the intent!!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
LOL, now the truth comes out ;D That's such a quirk of fate that occurred! So you were literally another joe who the dating agency was running the usually game on and instead of the usual go home empty handed after paying to see a load of girls, one actually came through for you and not only that she was married! She must have been mightily impressed by the chemistry or otherwise. Sound like quite a couple both filing for divorces at the same time, astonishing.

ML too, so met his wife from a girl he already was in contact with, so although there on WMVM she wasnt on the list/not from the online dating sites?

Not exactly like that.
The agency was not aware of the previous status of my wife.
The agency contacted my wife who didn't answer. SO the agency made more search and contacted my wife an other way.
The agency begged her to come. She believed it will last 10 minutes. Finally We are married for more than 3 years and met more than 5 years ago.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »
So, to recap here what was a passioned discussion on whether choosing a city (fishing through a hole in the ice) or scouring the net no matter what country (fishing the whole ocean) is better, it all comes down to WOWO or WMVM?

Northcape, Patie and ML preferences doesn't make them right nor wrong. It's preference, nothing more nothing less. ML your remark about you 3's success is meaningless. You can go through the archives and literally find hundreds of guys who did WMVM and failed mercilessly. The same with WOVO so, what are you pounding your chest about? Neither is right nor wrong. After all of the WMVM vs WOVO discussions you have been in have you never reached that conclusion? Visit many is also a play of the sex tourist but so is the visit one, he might just do one at a time.

Stop with the bickering on the many or one, it's meaningless.

FTR I was a visit one from the beginning. It doesn't mean I think any less of you men whores  ;D

Offline Muzh

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
So, to recap here what was a passioned discussion on whether choosing a city (fishing through a hole in the ice) or scouring the net no matter what country (fishing the whole ocean) is better, it all comes down to WOWO or WMVM?

Northcape, Patie and ML preferences doesn't make them right nor wrong. It's preference, nothing more nothing less. ML your remark about you 3's success is meaningless. You can go through the archives and literally find hundreds of guys who did WMVM and failed mercilessly. The same with WOVO so, what are you pounding your chest about? Neither is right nor wrong. After all of the WMVM vs WOVO discussions you have been in have you never reached that conclusion? Visit many is also a play of the sex tourist but so is the visit one, he might just do one at a time.

Stop with the bickering on the many or one, it's meaningless.

FTR I was a visit one from the beginning. It doesn't mean I think any less of you men whores  ;D

:ROFL: 

+1

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
I DID meet my now wife on one of my WMVM trips.

We did write before our meeting.

A WM does not preclude corresponding with someone not on a dating site.

A prior meeting or acquaintance with a woman does not preclude her from being on a current VM list.

Meeting a woman for the first time in a city whom you did not write before does not preclude her from being on the VM list.

A VM trip indicates you are open to meeting many women on the trip whom you might have come into contact with in numerous ways both before and during the trip.

"Correlation does not imply causation"

You had a relationship with this women for what I assume years.  It may have been as friends at first.  I don't think it was a coincidence you ended up with a woman that you had known for a long time and failed with all the other women you briefly known through your WMVM trips. In any case, you won the lottery.  :D

I tend to agree with FP.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:29:28 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline ML

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:15 PM »
You had a relationship with this women for what I assume years.  It may have been as friends at first.  I don't think it was a coincidence you ended up with a woman that you had known for a long time and failed with all the other women you briefly known through your WMVM trips. In any case, you won the lottery.

No, actually I had only seen her maybe 3 times for no more than 1-2 hours each time.  At company sponsored dinners, etc.  And we barely spoke maybe 100 words between the two of us.  So I knew her much less than any other woman who I spent 2-3 days with 24/7.

And I didn't fail with any woman in the sense that I wanted one for my wife and she refused or it didn't work out.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »
No, actually I had only seen her maybe 3 times for no more than 1-2 hours each time.  At company sponsored dinners, etc.  And we barely spoke maybe 100 words between the two of us.  So I knew her much less than any other woman who I spent 2-3 days with 24/7.

And I didn't fail with any woman in the sense that I wanted one for my wife and she refused or it didn't work out.

Ah, my bad ML.  My apologies for assuming something different.  I assumed a different type of relationship to what you described when mentioning friends.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:59:44 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline ML

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
I realize there have been many successes along with many failures for both VM and VO paths.

But it is the VO types that project a holier than thou attitude, so I will always counter.

I am rarely the instigator of the bickering, so you wouldn't hear much from me on this if it weren't first brought up by the holier than thou group.

The exception occurs when I feel real pain for the guys who go on the VO trips that turn out to be a total disaster.  Such disasters can be completely avoided by following the VM approach, and I feel obligated to point this out to those suffering.

I am not claiming that one will find a wife or even a soul mate on a VM trip, but you will be in the company of good looking and interesting women virtually every day.  And you will return with pleasant memories rather than having to suffer some level of anguish for days, weeks and even months over the wasted time and trip.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »

In my younger days I was a one woman at a time kind of guy. Later I was open to dating multiple women at a time. I had a lot more fun and ended up marrying a high quality woman as a multiple woman kind of guy than when I was a one woman at a time kind of guy. Don't expect to win the lottery if you buy one ticket.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2016, 08:53:06 PM »
I realize there have been many successes along with many failures for both VM and VO paths.

But it is the VO types that project a holier than thou attitude, so I will always counter.

No it's not. There's plenty of both and it generally has nothing to do which path they chose. They're just dicks
I am rarely the instigator of the bickering, so you wouldn't hear much from me on this if it weren't first brought up by the holier than thou group.

In this instance you are the holier than thou group apparently attempting a circle jerk with NC and Patie. How does it feel?

The exception occurs when I feel real pain for the guys who go on the VO trips that turn out to be a total disaster.  Such disasters can be completely avoided by following the VM approach, and I feel obligated to point this out to those suffering.

I am not claiming that one will find a wife or even a soul mate on a VM trip, but you will be in the company of good looking and interesting women virtually every day.  And you will return with pleasant memories rather than having to suffer some level of anguish for days, weeks and even months over the wasted time and trip.

Bullshit. Such disasters are plentiful with both groups. I would venture they are pretty much even on the disaster count. There are plenty of horror stories in both groups and neither hold the higher ground. You're a pretentious sort ML. There are many of both that fell flat out of the gate and rebound nicely. Trying to pigeon hole either of them is bullshit too

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1889
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM