It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Paul Manafort- Destroyer of Ukrainian Democracy  (Read 77254 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Paul Manafort- Destroyer of Ukrainian Democracy
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2018, 02:33:18 AM »
...On a previous occasion ( more than one actually) your undisciplined behaviour as a mod led to your permanent removal from moderating and the target then was the same as today  --where once again--you acted because it unpicked you in the simplest way !

"Permanent" would appear to mean something different in North America from what it does in my part of the world.

Once again --it it now time for you to relinquish and modding role whatsoever.

If the first part of your post...

Where  is my post -it was here earlier  ?

Brass -- you have on numerous occasions removed my posts -- complying posts that you decided --YOU DECIDED to kill.
As a moderator      and a participant in a thread --it is not appropriate  that you then delete a legitimate post because it was ridiculing your posts  -- I might add -- it highlighted the belligerence in your posts.

...is correct, then yes, I agree.  Not that I had any posts deleted, but I raised the same point about participation and comments in a thread not long after I first started posting.  To Dan's credit, he immediately jumped on the person concerned, and I didn't have any more trouble while they were a moderator.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2018, 04:53:14 AM »
Well, well...the guy who VVP will not speak of has posted what he claims to be evidence that Manafort DID meet with high ranking Kremlin officials...

http://themoscowtimes.com/news/navalny-claims-proof-kremlins-ties-to-trump-campaign-aide-paul-manafort-60442

Link to video within the article

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2018, 09:39:46 AM »
Well, well...the guy who VVP will not speak of has posted what he claims to be evidence that Manafort DID meet with high ranking Kremlin officials...

http://themoscowtimes.com/news/navalny-claims-proof-kremlins-ties-to-trump-campaign-aide-paul-manafort-60442

Link to video within the article

You know why those in the article and who written the article doesn't have to worry about getting shot, poisoned, or thrown out a window? It's because Putin is accepting articles like this to create a divide in American politics by giving Liberals more ammo to fight everything Trump, making both parties hate each other even more, and making our government ineffective. How about letting Mueller finish his investigation?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2018, 09:51:04 AM »

You know why those in the article and who written the article doesn't have to worry about getting shot, poisoned, or thrown out a window? It's because Putin is accepting articles like this to create a divide in American politics by giving Liberals more ammo to fight everything Trump, making both parties hate each other even more, and making our government ineffective. How about letting Mueller finish his investigation?

BillbyB - once again proves just how 'knowledgeable' he is on things Russia )))

Do you think Navalny gives a ..... about dissing 'Trampu' ?   This is VERY much for local consumption  - or he would have posted the vid in ENGLISH - which he speaks

Offline BillyB

« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
Do you think Navalny gives a ..... about dissing 'Trampu' ?   This is VERY much for local consumption  - or he would have posted the vid in ENGLISH - which he speaks

If Navalny has anything of value, Mueller would be talking to him. Can we wait till the investigation is over?

My last post had nothing to do with Navalny. State controlled media allows articles like that to show people they don't control media, political opponents aren't silence, there's free speech in Russia and an article like that further divides America. Allowing an article like that has a lot of benefits to Putin.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »

Count ten against Manafort and Gates was they acted as agents of a foreign principal without registering with the Attorney General that is required by law.

Gee, that seems sort of like..

Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu

The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.
Some $350,000 was sent to OneVoice, ostensibly to support the group’s efforts to back Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement negotiations. But OneVoice used the money to build a voter database, train activists and hire a political consulting firm with ties to President Obama’s campaign — all of which set the stage for an anti-Netanyahu campaign, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said in a bipartisan staff report.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

That was US taxpayers money. Whatever happened to that investigation?

I remember posting this question years ago and no one answered me [blubber-tears]

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »

If Navalny has anything of value, Mueller would be talking to him. Can we wait till the investigation is over?

Once again, I have to wonder at your English comprehension...   I'm pretty certain Navalny's play is to point out corruption within his country - the cooperation between 'bizness and politics'.. 

My last post had nothing to do with Navalny. State controlled media allows articles like that to show people they don't control media, political opponents aren't silence, there's free speech in Russia and an article like that further divides America. Allowing an article like that has a lot of benefits to Putin.

BillyB, either you posted this under the influence or you really ARE that daft...

'free speech' ?   The biggest news outlets and most popular social media outlets are OWNED by the state or companies maj owned by the state or Oligarchs who benefit from the 'symbiosis' ....   

You can't have viewed Navalany's vid ... your 'riposte' proves that...

The article was posted on youtube....  it's not banned in Russia....  anyone can post there....  the only 'benefit' one could perceive for VVP would be, "look, we don't completely control the internet"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:43:18 PM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »
'free speech' ?   The biggest news outlets and most popular social media outlets are OWNED by the state or companies maj owned by the state or Oligarchs who benefit from the 'symbiosis' ....   

Are you so blind with hate of me you can't comprehend what I'm writing or do you give everybody you have a conversation with a difficult time? Get your head examined. I just said State controlled media allows certain articles that give readers the impression there's freedom in Russia. They are in control.

The article was posted on youtube....  it's not banned in Russia....  anyone can post there....  the only 'benefit' one could perceive for VVP would be, "look, we don't completely control the internet"
[

Enough has been said. Russia is cracking down on further commentary.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/10/russia-moves-to-block-navalnys-latest-investigation.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fworld+(Internal+-+World+Latest+-+Text)[/size]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:59:59 PM by AnonMod »

Offline msmob

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2018, 12:20:25 AM »

Are you so blind with hate of me you can't comprehend what I'm writing or do you give everybody you have a conversation with a difficult time? Get your head examined. I just said State controlled media allows certain articles that give readers the impression there's freedom in Russia. They are in control.

:ROFL:

1/ I don't 'hate' anyone on here - I'm trying to help you from yourself - one can't 'hate' someone for posting daft - just feel sorry for them. Be kind to them ;) Sorry, if I hurt your feelings..

2/ As Navalny posted the article re the Kremlin/ Oligarch / Manafort connection  on YOUTube ( American outlet )...

3/ The Moscow Times has endured plenty of crap  for posting stuff the Kremin doesn't like and was dismissed as a 'foreign owed / controlled propaganda outlet' ..Under Russian law it's ownership make-up was forced to change - as foreign ownership is now limited to 20 percent and it no longer publishes in  print and most of the staff left..So 'thanks' - but your latest attempt at deflection - just another fail

http://meduza.io/en/news/2017/10/11/the-moscow-times-new-majority-owner-is-a-russian-catering-company-executive

This is what happens to outlets that challenge the 'establishment' ... Censorship is forbidden by the Russian constitution - but the media regulator and legislation doesn't seem to reflect the constitution ...

Derek Sauer (it's Dutch founder ) loves Russia and his t'other half edited Cosmo - you should read up on them .. you might understand why I'm mocking your 'knowledge'..

Below - we have BillyB - adopting a technique of mine .. responding in 2pt text (again) ..Didn't you know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, BillyB ? Is that your intention?

Enough has been said. Russia is cracking down on further commentary.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/10/russia-moves-to-block-navalnys-latest-investigation.html?

Ri-ight ...so youtube might get banned in Russia - for 'non compliance'.. That happened to Linkedin - so folks use a VPN ..

Ukraine blocked RU social media ... So, Russians set up VPNs for them ..

The Kremlin introduced legislation on VPNs in Nov 17 - making the use of a VPN to view terrorist material - illegal

So, what  will RUptly do - if the whole of Youtube was banned in Russia? ;)

In the meantime - it is amusing that certain folks both sides of the pond seem to want to sink embarrassing revelations of links between 'Trampu' and the Kremlin .. yet foolishly moved onto the area of press freedom as a deflection.

How CAN I 'hate' you BillyB?  Your posts are like a cry for help and I'm pleased to be there for you...

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:56:58 AM by msmob »

Offline JayH

« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2018, 05:13:32 PM »
Given that Manafort has now been indicted and specific details of the corruption are available --it makes the comments of some posters earlier in this thread look as ridiculous as they were then !
In the haste to rationalise anything Trump -- some of the comments are amongst the dumbest ever made on this forum. Funnily enough ( as it the not funny) the same people are still making the same kind of dumb rationalising of the Trump world today.

Manafort secretly paid top European politicians to lobby for Yanukovych

In November, the Kyiv Post wrote about the European Center for Modern Ukraine that has become a part of the indictment’s allegations of Manafort and Gates being unregistered foreign agents in the U.S.

Manafort and Gates were operating on behalf of the center that was based in Brussels.

The center’s founder, former Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Leonid Kozhara, declined to comment but told 112 TV channel on Nov. 1 that the center was created “to tell the truth about Ukraine in the European Parliament and other E.U. institutions. And the center was quite successful.”

One of the center’s apparent functions was to pay U.S. journalists and bloggers for favorable coverage.

A 2013 Buzzfeed investigation revealed that the center paid U.S. bloggers at the U.S. far-right website Breitbart News Network, among other outlets, for positive coverage of the ruling Party of Regions during the 2012 parliamentary elections

http://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/mueller-manafort-secretly-paid-top-european-politicians-lobby-yanukovych.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »
Given that Manafort has now been indicted and specific details of the corruption are available --it makes the comments of some posters earlier in this thread look as ridiculous as they were then !
In the haste to rationalise anything Trump -- some of the comments are amongst the dumbest ever made on this forum. Funnily enough ( as it the not funny) the same people are still making the same kind of dumb rationalising of the Trump world today.

It is amazing that the Trump supporters would try to sweep Trump's choice of Manafort under the rug.  It doesn't seem like a coincidence that of ALL THE PEOPLE trump could have chosen, he chose Manafort to run his campaign.  Despite the cries from the Trump rationalizers, the investigation is an important check on this particular presidency. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:05:57 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2018, 01:01:44 PM »
What about this guy?........

Mueller Investigating Ukrainian’s $150,000 Payment for a Trump Appearance
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MAGGIE HABERMANAPRIL 9, 2018

WASHINGTON — The special counsel is investigating a payment made to President Trump’s foundation by a Ukrainian steel magnate for a talk during the campaign, according to three people briefed on the matter, as part of a broader examination of streams of foreign money to Mr. Trump and his associates in the years leading up to the election.
Investigators subpoenaed the Trump Organization this year for an array of records about business with foreign nationals. In response, the company handed over documents about a $150,000 donation that the Ukrainian billionaire, Victor Pinchuk, made in September 2015 to the Donald J. Trump Foundation in exchange for by Mr. Trump that month through a video link to a conference in Kiev.
Michael D. Cohen, the president’s personal lawyer whose office and hotel room were raided on Monday in an apparently unrelated case, solicited the donation. The contribution from Mr. Pinchuk, who has sought closer ties for Ukraine to the West, was the largest the foundation received in 2015 from anyone besides Mr. Trump himself.
more.......
http://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/us/politics/
trump-mueller-ukraine-victor-pinchuk.html?mabReward=ART_ACTM1&recid=
131nk7FtfwGfrjepN9da8qpWPe4&recp=3&moduleDetail=recommendations-2&action=click&contentCollection=Middle%20East&region=
Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=
WhatsNext&src=recg&pgtype=article

$150K for a video chat? How flaky! At least the Clintons appeared [Russia] in person.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:39:33 AM by AnonMod »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »
hillary's emails

Offline BillyB

« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2018, 03:38:59 PM »
Mueller Investigating Ukrainian’s $150,000 Payment for a Trump Appearancemore.......

Trump must not think much of himself. Bill Clinton was getting $500,000 for a few hours appearance in Russia.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
Not related to his destruction of Ukraine, but the latest (salacious) take on Manafort's character, or lack thereof -

http://tinyurl.com/y787ydxf
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
While I am not a fame of P. Manafort presently he is in jail in solitary confinement. Supposedly for witness tampering, another unproven accusation of R. Mueller.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2018, 06:34:29 PM »
While I am not a fame of P. Manafort presently he is in jail in solitary confinement. Supposedly for witness tampering, another unproven accusation of R. Mueller.

He made a call to a witness that lasted less than 2 minutes. Hardly enough time to really tamper with a witness but a judge felt he violated the conditions of his release.

http://www.lawfareblog.com/manafort-tampering-allegations

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »

He made a call to a witness that lasted less than 2 minutes. Hardly enough time to really tamper with a witness but a judge felt he violated the conditions of his release.

http://www.lawfareblog.com/manafort-tampering-allegations

BillyB, Thank you for posting the link, interesting read.

Sort of confirms my sense that Mueller would like to have a pliable possible witness/informant.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:00:21 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »
Sorry, but what part of his pre-trial conditions do some folks fail to comprehend ?

Do not attempt to contact a witness - don't contact a witness - simples

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
Moby,

The plea agreement is being withdrawn because Manafort had no knowledge of collusion between Russia and the Trump team.

Guess what R. Mueller thought he had a pliable witness. Instead he still has nothing.

Offline JayH

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2018, 12:10:28 PM »
Moby,

The plea agreement is being withdrawn because Manafort had no knowledge of collusion between Russia and the Trump team.

Guess what R. Mueller thought he had a pliable witness. Instead he still has nothing.

Ya wanna bet?  Nothing ? mmmmm
That statement is as dumb as anything moby has posted ::)

Only full on 100% idiot Trumpateers could believe there was not a connection that equals collusion -- which Trump and his tourets syndrome tells us that the exact opposite of what Trump keeps saying is the actual  truth.
The denials of a connection are in the ridiculous category -- what is less certain is the extent of the collaboration .
What is 100% accurate to say ois--the Trump campaign was involved in collusion fwiw !!

Manafort held secret talks with Assange in Ecuadorian embassy,

Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources have said Manafort went to see Assange in 2013, 2015 and in spring 2016 – during the period when he was made a key figure in Trump’s push for the White House.

It is unclear why Manafort would have wanted to see Assange and what was discussed. But the last apparent meeting is likely to come under scrutiny and could interest Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

A well-placed source has told the Guardian that Manafort went to see Assange around March 2016. Months later WikiLeaks released a stash of Democratic emails stolen by Russian intelligence officers.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/27/manafort-held-secret-talks-with-assange-in-ecuadorian-embassy
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:28:03 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »
It is clear both P. Manafort and R. Mueller were on the same side holding hands with V. Yanukovych prior to 2014.

The majority of leaks and announcements from Mueller have been regarding small fry with tax issues. Mueller is a publicity whore and so far he has no proof except his asshole.

Offline JayH

« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2018, 02:05:39 PM »
It is clear both P. Manafort and R. Mueller were on the same side holding hands with V. Yanukovych prior to 2014.

The majority of leaks and announcements from Mueller have been regarding small fry with tax issues. Mueller is a publicity whore and so far he has no proof except his asshole.

Some  nut case fromrua has hacked Av's account !  Not kidding

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »
Some  nut case fromrua has hacked Av's account !  Not kidding

Typical Jay, He can not face the reality so he only has insults. Sad in fact

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2903
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2894
Total: 2904

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill