It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Prominent Russian journalist catches bullets in Ukraine.  (Read 9400 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Prominent Russian journalist catches bullets in Ukraine.
« on: May 29, 2018, 05:11:34 PM »

As many of you already know, Russian journalists are good at catching bullets, choking a rope with their throat, eating radioactive foods and falling out of windows 6 stories high. The latest, a Russian, anti Kremlin, journalist living in Kiev catches bullets.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/29/anti-kremlin-russian-journalist-shot-and-killed-in-ukraine.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fworld+(Internal+-+World+Latest+-+Text)

And now an important message from our beloved FBI. Half a million routers worldwide been hacked by Russian hackers. Disinfect your router below. Do it for your country. Do it for your router.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/make-sure-russian-hackers-cant-attack-home-router-172705640.html

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 01:23:05 AM »
Same story on the Beeb:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44299741

Looks like poor old babs bought it. I think with stories such as this Russia is quickly becoming a pariah state in the eyes of many nations. With Russia continuing to knock off who they please I think the time will soon be fast approaching where the UK and possibly other nations such as the US decide its too risky to carry on allowing Russian citizens to enter the country and all visas for Russians will point blank be denied.

In fact with Trump attempting to restrict Muslims access to the US he could quite likely do that after cases of tampering etc as BillyB points out above. By continuing to knock off their critics in other countries such as Ukraine they are demonstrating to Britain that they have no inclination to halt their assassinations and dirty tricks. That I think will push Britain to realize that they could and most likely will strike again in the UK and the only way to stop or at least hinder their activities will be to deny all Russians visas and a travel ban to the UK. This will of course provoke Russia to do the same in kind and revoke and ban all travel to Russia for UK citizens. Possibly same for US, etc.

Welcome to the New Cold War!

I'm betting this will likely happen after the World Cup, how long after who knows, could be days, weeks or months, but I reckon at the latest within a few months. So if you've got any inclination to travel to Russia to see the sights or the girls now is probably the time to get in before the New Iron Curtain descends. Otherwise its a meet up in a third country with a clandestine spy thriller vibe to it ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:58:34 AM »
Actually, it was a head fake to draw out would be attackers.

The Ukrainian police staged the murder and the 'victim' didn't even tell his wife.  Apparently they now have a suspect (for what we don't know) in custody and the victim shows up at his own post mortem debrief.  These guys all need to move to Florida.  They'd fit right in.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:13:31 AM »
Yep in a strange twist it looks like babs is still alive, at the least for the time being. Looks like it was staged by Ukrainian security forces to put off Russian assassins moving in on him as a target. They've got a suspect in custody now apparently so see where it all ends up, but I think my above point still remains. Even foiled assassination attempts and plots by Russia, or fakes if you believe that are driving Russia towards a new cold war and visa bans on both sides.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »
Arkady Babchenko is NOT dead. The photos and news story announcing his death were all a sting to catch an assassin. This ought to p*ss off Putin royally.

How much longer he will stay alive may be open for debate but for now he's alive. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-another-putin-critic-murdered-in-ukraine-journalist-arkady-babchenko-gunned-down-on-his-doorstep?yptr=yahoo

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »

Ukrainian Security Service says investigators have identified a Ukrainian citizen who allegedly was paid $40,000 by the Russian security service to organize and carry out the killing of an exiled Russian journalist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/the-latest-ukraine-faked-death-of-russian-journalist/2018/05/30/abb74c28-6416-11e8-81ca-bb14593acaa6_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b527cc7dd94b
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 04:58:27 PM »
I do not like this at all. In a time where "fake" is in vogue to describe negative news creating a sting like this can only be counter productive to exposing what is the truth.If there was ever a country that should have not been party to this-it is Ukraine.

By faking a journalist’s death and blaming it on Russia, Ukraine is fighting fire with fire — and setting its own house ablaze.

Back From the Dead: the Bizarre Story of Journalist Arkady Babchenko

This implausible deniability has had its benefits for the Kremlin but also leaves it vulnerable to such gambits as Kiev’s. But what seems to have been a tactical win for Ukraine might prove something of a strategic defeat.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/05/30/truth-took-the-bullet-meant-for-babchenko/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »

MOSCOW — The assassination bore all the hallmarks of yet another contract killing carried out in the murky shadows of the conflict pitting Russia against Ukraine.
    A photo of the victim, a dissident Russian journalist, showed him lying face down Tuesday in a vermilion pool of his own blood. He was found by his wife, and died on the way to a hospital from multiple gunshot wounds to the back, said the police in Kiev, Ukraine’s capital.
    Then on Wednesday, the journalist, Arkady Babchenko, to all appearances very much alive, walked into a news conference that Ukrainian security officials had called to discuss his “murder.”

read more with video
    http://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/world/europe/arkady-babchenko-russian-journalist-not-killed.html
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »
apologies..I posted this story in the Russian news forum :rolleyes:
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline jone

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
I will enjoy seeing when they walk this back to the Russians.  You better believe that the Russians are burning all their connections .... but I think its too late. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 12:56:54 AM »
I do not like this at all. In a time where "fake" is in vogue to describe negative news creating a sting like this can only be counter productive to exposing what is the truth.If there was ever a country that should have not been party to this-it is Ukraine.

By faking a journalist’s death and blaming it on Russia, Ukraine is fighting fire with fire — and setting its own house ablaze.

So they should have just left him to be knocked off by the assassin? Or taken into protectI've custody and spook the assassin to go to ground ready to strike again with the Ukrainian security services none the wiser as to who the assassin is?

Offline JayH

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 01:19:18 AM »

So they should have just left him to be knocked off by the assassin? Or taken into protectI've custody and spook the assassin to go to ground ready to strike again with the Ukrainian security services none the wiser as to who the assassin is?

Seriously -- none of that is what I was referencing -- and not remotely close to what I said !

Unfortunately -- it seems you are that dumb --it is now a few times in as many days you have responded  to posts of mine with words that show you have comprehension difficulties.
Actually -I would feel sorry for you --if you had not repeatedly shown that you are a complete turd.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 04:03:19 AM »
I am posting this to spell out what concerns me-- so that ALL can get it.
This story focuses on one angle --there are many others reasons why this was very dumb thinking

No one had trouble believing this story; no one even considered questioning it. It was gruesomely familiar, similar to the many horrifying stories we’d already heard from Russia, Ukraine, and other countries where journalists are killed for their reporting.

.By faking Babchenko’s murder, Ukraine has smeared itself

Ukraine has once again cut off its nose to spite its face, severely undermining its own credibility and that of journalists. This stunt also seems a gratuitous blow to what is left of public sincerity, compassion, and trust. Next time a journalist is killed in Ukraine (and, unfortunately, it seems certain that there will be a next time), even the least cynical observers, the kinds of people who wept all night over Babchenko’s supposed death, will likely wonder whether they should believe in a tragic death until they’ve inspected the corpse themselves. Conspiracy theories thrive on this kind of corrosive scepticism. Some Ukrainian commentators have been crowing that no one will be able to smear the Ukrainian security services after this brilliant victory. In fact, the Ukrainian authorities have done a magnificent job of smearing themselves.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/31/arkady-babchenko-murder-fake-russia-ukraine

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
Re: Prominent Russian journalist catches bullets in Ukraine.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 08:39:44 AM »
I will enjoy seeing when they walk this back to the Russians.  You better believe that the Russians are burning all their connections .... but I think its too late.
Ha! Russians elected the presidents of the United States of America, and the investigation has found no firm evidence except the posts in Facebook. But in this case with Babchenko  they will be catched, sure  8)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 03:35:34 PM »
Seriously -- none of that is what I was referencing -- and not remotely close to what I said !

Unfortunately -- it seems you are that dumb --it is now a few times in as many days you have responded  to posts of mine with words that show you have comprehension difficulties.
Actually -I would feel sorry for you --if you had not repeatedly shown that you are a complete turd.

I've made you look foolish and inferior by arguing successfully against your point. You know you are beaten and have nothing to answer with that is why you resort to the all to often used 'comprehension' criticism. That or as you do above repeat your already failed argument which in any case is just aped from the media without any thought process of your own.

Offline JayH

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »
I've made you look foolish and inferior by arguing successfully against your point. You know you are beaten and have nothing to answer with that is why you resort to the all to often used 'comprehension' criticism. That or as you do above repeat your already failed argument which in any case is just aped from the media without any thought process of your own.

If you actually believe that  you are far dumber than even I thought. :deadhorse: :cluebat: :cluebat:

See if this helps=
Why Russia knew its 2016 misinformation campaign would work

http://www.msnbc.com/brian-williams/watch/why-russia-knew-its-2016-misinformation-campaign-would-work-1245141059865
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:36:55 PM by JayH »

Online krimster2

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 06:36:12 PM »
krimster calls it

the moment that trump is forced to resign
let’s call it “Moment X”
soon after Moment X,
Putin will invade Ukraine with full military force
including massive disinformation in West for justification
ukraine will be seized quickly before anyone can react
how many more sanctions can there be?
not enough to matter compared to a land bridge
and even more than Crimea in land/people/wealth
slow mobilization is already happening

please God, don’t let it be when I’m in Crimea
I'm not half the man Jay is nor half the expert
I won't stand a chance!!

Offline jone

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
Ha! Russians elected the presidents of the United States of America, and the investigation has found no firm evidence except the posts in Facebook. But in this case with Babchenko  they will be catched, sure  8)

Do you really believe that the Russians elected the President of the US?  That's pretty much beneath you. 

I do believe that the Russians will spread as much disinformation as they have with MH17 if the Ukrainians have them at bay on hiring a hitman to do Babchenko.  Of course, by your most recent post, you probably believe that they weren't responsible for that either.

Online krimster2

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »
"Do you really believe that the Russians elected the President of the US?  "

retired lieutenant general James Clapper former director of National Intelligence said EXACTLY that and explained in detail in his new book

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »
Do you really believe that the Russians elected the President of the US?  That's pretty much beneath you. 

The argument can certainly be made that did enough to be a deciding factor.  We won't know for sure.  You are a partisan fool that has been duped if you don't think it is possible in a real sense.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 11:15:26 PM »
You guys must be imbibing using the new Weed laws we have here in California.  Even if Russia did 'have an influence' on the election, the election was won because people hated Hillary and chose the lesser of two evils.   It could be construed that Trump won because Hillary used her own server for emails.  It could be construed that Trump won because Hillary failed to campaign heavily in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. 

I personally believe that Trump won because he put his campaign emphasis on revitalizing the economy which played very well in the Midwest, especially the rural areas.  I think Bill Clinton would agree with me as he was thrown under the bus by the Clinton campaign for complaining that Hillary was failing to address economic issues.  Word is he was begging the staff to change their campaign policy, but to no avail. 

But there is a certain subset of America who will never believe Trump won the election.  And the previous two posters fit that category perfectly. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »
You guys must be imbibing using the new Weed laws we have here in California.  Even if Russia did 'have an influence' on the election, the election was won because people hated Hillary and chose the lesser of two evils.   It could be construed that Trump won because Hillary used her own server for emails.  It could be construed that Trump won because Hillary failed to campaign heavily in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. 

I personally believe that Trump won because he put his campaign emphasis on revitalizing the economy which played very well in the Midwest, especially the rural areas.  I think Bill Clinton would agree with me as he was thrown under the bus by the Clinton campaign for complaining that Hillary was failing to address economic issues.  Word is he was begging the staff to change their campaign policy, but to no avail. 

But there is a certain subset of America who will never believe Trump won the election.  And the previous two posters fit that category perfectly.
All of what you said isn’t relevant to the issue of Russia’s efforts to get trump elected. The extent of their influence is undetermined, but it is a factor.  Hillary was able to garner millions more votes but not in the right states.  I suspect many voters were discouraged from voting, and some of that was intentional disinformation and some of that disinformation came from Russia.  Russia wanted trump to win and when all those meetings took place between proxies who knows what was said.  There is reason to be suspicious

Fathertime!   

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 02:41:12 AM »

But there is a certain subset of America who will never believe Trump won the election. 

He didn't ..he won the most Electoral Colleges - not votes ...  More people voted for the 'hated one' ...

But this all makes for an entertaining thread

Online krimster2

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 03:50:11 AM »
not "just two posters"
I'm just sayin what a former Lt Gen and past Director of the CIA stated in his new book
that Russian efforts were enough to pull Trump's victory
what's being the Director of the CIA compared to being Jonesy
nothing at all according to Jonesy
Jonsey's knowledge and expertise all gained from watching Fox News
cheaters never "win" no matter what they claim
Trump won nothing, he cheated, and HE IS going to be held accountable
all the chickens are coming home to roost now
even the people like Jones who spell "dog" "dawg" will get it by next year
and will then claim they hated Trump and never voted for him

Offline fathertime

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 06:16:38 AM »
even the people like Jones who spell "dog" "dawg" will get it by next year
and will then claim they hated Trump and never voted for him
"jone" would pretend that he never supported trump if he actually was ousted...that is why he constantly tries to hedge himself when talking about trump.

Fathertime! 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541377
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701