It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First date advice  (Read 12251 times)

Offline based_zoomer1997

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
First date advice
« on: July 30, 2020, 01:32:29 PM »
Hi guys, I'm in Belarus right now and have found a very promising girl in Ukraine. I am headed there in about a week to visit her. I am looking for some advice on how to make sure our first date goes well as I'm unsure how what is expected of me would be different from America. Would it be a good idea to buy her flowers or would that make me look like a simp? What would be a good place to take her in Kryvyi Rih (a mid-sized industrial city with no real highlights)? I'm also not sure how good her English is but I don't think it's great and I don't speak Russian so any advice on dealing with that?

Thanks

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
First date advice
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 01:51:38 PM »
You aren't too far from Odessa, I would contact Igor 
Moniker here is Stirlitz. You could get a college student
for less but he has done it a thousand times and will steer
you out of trouble if he see's it brewing. Also, you could
fly to Odessa and drive up with him.

http://translator.igorkalinin.com/

Generally speaking I would advise meeting a first dates in a
cafe near a park or an internet cafe. If things go swimmingly
then you can go for a walk and arrange another date.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: First date advice
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »
What's her level in english?
The first thing you have to do if she cannot speak english (you could believe that she is ok but she maybe only use a translator) is to find an interpret.
And ask to your lady how does she feel about that. BUT it's you you choose the terp.
YOU CHOOSE THE TERP. Not her, am I clear ?

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »
Hi Zoomer :welcome: I would keep the Google Translate app on your phone as a back up. Make sure you have Russian downloaded in case offline use is needed. She will speak Russian for sure, possibly Ukrainian as well. If you ask her to have a translation app on her phone as well in case you need to exchange written messages. That said it can get tiresome after a while so I wouldn't overdo the showing each other messages on each others phone.

Flowers can be awkward. I wouldn't get a big bunch of there is no where for her to put them. If you get flowers choose an odd number, I often go with just one these days, it's easiest for her to twiddle around with.

I think flowers may crank it up for you if she is hot for you but I've tended to find if the woman is not into you it doesn't really make any difference.  I've never been to the place you have mentioned but hear it is well known for its Cossack history and think there may be some site around there to do with that.

Oh, well done also for getting out there in these Covid times :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 04:25:53 PM »
I'm also not sure how good her English is

Why didn't you speak with her before spending thousands of dollars for this first date? Buy her flowers in case it ends in marriage. A girl would like to have good memories of the first time she meets her husband.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »
you should find out as much as possible about your deavotchka...
have you skyped her yet
does she have a social media account somewhere like VK or instagram OR AT LEAST SNAPCHAT for crying out loud?
what's "up with that"?

going in "cold" like this without a lot of detail on who she is or what she's like is VERY risky
even more risky because you don't know Russian...

I have a feeling I might be old enough to be your grandfather
but I would get a woman in Ukraine your age LONG before you can...
because I "know how" and you don't....

so go back to square 1 and get into some kinda video chat with her....
otherwise skepticism - DON'T SEND HER ANY MONEY!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:14:45 PM by krimster2 »

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 12:31:34 AM »
You aren't too far from Odessa, I would contact Igor 
Moniker here is Stirlitz. You could get a college student
for less but he has done it a thousand times and will steer
you out of trouble if he see's it brewing. Also, you could
fly to Odessa and drive up with him.

http://translator.igorkalinin.com/

Generally speaking I would advise meeting a first dates in a
cafe near a park or an internet cafe. If things go swimmingly
then you can go for a walk and arrange another date.

Udachi!

Bill

I was thinking about the translator, but I'm wondering if there's really any purpose in that. Because eventually we would have to talk by ourselves so wouldn't that just be pushing the problem back a few days?

Hi Zoomer :welcome: I would keep the Google Translate app on your phone as a back up. Make sure you have Russian downloaded in case offline use is needed. She will speak Russian for sure, possibly Ukrainian as well. If you ask her to have a translation app on her phone as well in case you need to exchange written messages. That said it can get tiresome after a while so I wouldn't overdo the showing each other messages on each others phone.

I had similar thoughts about the translate app, what do you do when the interpreter is gone and you're tired of the app?

Why didn't you speak with her before spending thousands of dollars for this first date? Buy her flowers in case it ends in marriage. A girl would like to have good memories of the first time she meets her husband.

I didn't fly over here just for her, so it's more like a few hundred dollars for the trip from Belarus to Kryvyi.

you should find out as much as possible about your deavotchka...
have you skyped her yet
does she have a social media account somewhere like VK or instagram OR AT LEAST SNAPCHAT for crying out loud?
what's "up with that"?

going in "cold" like this without a lot of detail on who she is or what she's like is VERY risky
even more risky because you don't know Russian...

I haven't skyped her or used video chat, I know I probably should but I really hate skype. I find it incredibly awkward even when talking with my family in the same language. She does have instagram though and we've been talking on that for about two weeks, I do know a lot about her, except, crucially, her English proficiency.

I have a feeling I might be old enough to be your grandfather
but I would get a woman in Ukraine your age LONG before you can...
because I "know how" and you don't....

so go back to square 1 and get into some kinda video chat with her....
otherwise skepticism - DON'T SEND HER ANY MONEY!!!

I'm 23 so you might be right about that haha. I definitely wouldn't send her money and she hasn't asked.

Offline BC

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 03:37:39 AM »
Welcome Zoomer!

At 23 you simply can't go wrong.  Even if she dumps you at first sight you'll be able to have fun and meet other women 'on the fly'.

Stirlitz as Bill suggested would be a good option if you're outside your comfort zone.

Have fun dating!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 08:17:03 AM »

I had similar thoughts about the translate app, what do you do when the interpreter is gone and you're tired of the app?

I haven't skyped her or used video chat, I know I probably should but I really hate skype. I find it incredibly awkward even when talking with my family in the same language. She does have instagram though and we've been talking on that for about two weeks, I do know a lot about her, except, crucially, her English proficiency.

I'm 23 so you might be right about that haha. I definitely wouldn't send her money and she hasn't asked.

How old is she?

While Google Translate has a speech option it can be more awkward than the messaging due to pauses and more incorrect translation. There really only is the app but if you/she tire off it try and do some fun events where talking is less needed depending on what is going. It has been said that Ukrainian women are not like western women in expecting the guy to talk all the time so some silences are probably ok.

While her English may not be that good she will have likely learnt an odd few words from School. Some women say they don't know English but then you get surprised that they know the odd few words. Even the odd few words can help out a conversation as she can respond yes or no to something if you can demonstrate what you are proposing, etc.

I'm also not a big fan of video chat and find it a pain. It can be fun when doing it but all the waiting around is a pain and like you say it's not always smooth going. Worst is if neither side knows each others language much, then it can get real awkward. There is a message translate to do alongside but it doesn't help the awkwardness much lol.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:20:41 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 08:23:42 AM »
I'm 23

Ahhhh............... Lead with that next time.

Ignore all my previous advice.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 08:36:10 AM »
How old is she?

While Google Translate has a speech option it can be more awkward than the messaging due to pauses and more incorrect translation. There really only is the app but if you/she tire off it try and do some fun events where talking is less needed depending on what is going. It has been said that Ukrainian women are not like western women in expecting the guy to talk all the time so some silences are probably ok.

While her English may not be that goiod she will have likely learnt an odd few words from School. Some women say they don't know English but then you get surprised that they know the odd few words. Even the odd few words can help out a conversation as she can respond yes or no to something if you can demonstrate what you are proposing, etc.

I'm also not a big fan of video chat and find it a pain. It can be fun when doing it but all the waiting around is a pain and like you say it's not always smooth going. Worst is if neither side knows each others language much, then it can get real awkward. There is a message translate to do alongsde but it doesn't help the awkwardness much lol.

She's 19. I am hoping she knows at least that much, she said she wasn't fluent but she seems to know something. Yeah with the video chat I'd probably be willing to use it in some scenarios but it's not how I want to make a first impression. I figure since it's not a long flight I'm not losing much if it turns out the language barrier is insurmountable in person. Have you ever tried having an interpreter?

Ahhhh............... Lead with that next time.

Ignore all my previous advice.

Udachi!

Bill

Do you mean I should use an app instead of an interpreter or that meeting in a cafe isn't a good idea?

Online krimster2

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 09:50:14 AM »
ok zoomer!

look, because of our age difference and the different stages of life that we are in, (I’ve been married 20+ yrs to a Russian woman and we have two grown children just a few years younger than you)  I’m gonna “play pretend” and pretend that you are my grandson
and you just came over to my house
and told me of your upcoming plans to go to Ukraine....

do you want to play a game?

the first thing to know is this, your plans probably won’t go smoothly...
you’ll have setbacks, unexpected events, negative emotions, etc
and that’s gonna make you “feel negative” towards the girl and or Ukraine
but what I want you to understand is this....

all of that negativity about external things
is ACTUALLY an internal and not external dilemma
it’s your own "deficiencies" that are ALSO part of the problem
and NOT just the girl’s or Ukraine’s (and I guarantee BOTH will have HUGE flaws!)
you need to understand this...

I can already see a problem with you, now don’t get defensive...
you are VERY inflexible, Ukraine OTOH is pure chaos
these two ingredients don’t mix well

when you go hunting in the jungle
you better learn about the jungle
or one day something’s gonna eat ya
I mean would you wanna data a "Karen"
hell NO!

100% this deavotchka has a social media profile SOMEWHERE
after seeing my daughter’s instagrams and those of her friends who I’ve watched grow up
I could read your GFs social media page, and I would be able to understand the kind of person she is and if you’d have a GOOD or BAD time with her...
so 100% is something I’d look at if’n I were you

ok, now d'ya want some cookies?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:02:07 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 10:07:52 AM »
Question :
Have you got some informations about the PCB test you should do while in Ukraine and the application you have to download on your phone because of the Covid?
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
Yeah with the video chat I'd probably be willing to use it in some scenarios but it's not how I want to make a first impression.

If it doesn't work out with this one and you want to try it again, talk to the ladies before deciding to visit. If you don't have chemistry on the phone or skype, it's highly likely you won't have chemistry with them in real life. Also by looking at them or hearing their voice, you can judge how much they are into you. If she doesn't want to video chat or give you her phone number, she's not worth visiting.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 10:29:08 AM »
I can already see a problem with you, now don’t get defensive...
you are VERY inflexible, Ukraine OTOH is pure chaos
these two ingredients don’t mix well

100% this deavotchka has a social media profile SOMEWHERE
after seeing my daughter’s instagrams and those of her friends who I’ve watched grow up
I could read your GFs social media page, and I would be able to understand the kind of person she is and if you’d have a GOOD or BAD time with her...
so 100% is something I’d look at if’n I were you

ok, now d'ya want some cookies?

I am pretty unflexible, I'll admit that. I've managed to survive pretty well in Belarus though so I think I'm getting the hang of it. And yes she does have an instagram, we've been talking on that. I've looked through it thoroughly and see no problems (like slutty pictures, drinking, partying etc).

Question :
Have you got some informations about the PCB test you should do while in Ukraine and the application you have to download on your phone because of the Covid?

I'm looking into that. I'm going to try to get one in Belarus before I leave. I read if you do it within 48 hrs in a foreign country it counts.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »
I am pretty unflexible, I'll admit that. I've managed to survive pretty well in Belarus though so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Belarus is not Ukraine. I've been to Belarus and it is a lot more 'controlled' there. It's a quasi-Communist regime that is authoritarian, crime and corruption are not tolerated there not for the average Joe on the street at least. Ukraine is the opposite, corruption is rife, attempts get made there and there to clear it up but it's numerous and something you don't commonly want to come across. Most of us foreign tourists are lucky enough not to be hit by it. There is a big pro dating industry in Ukraine, it doesn't sound like your girl is a part of it but be careful.

As a generality Ukrainian girls can be more fun loving and Belarusian girls more grounded. Fun loving is good but it can mean more game play though that is dependent on the girl.

Being in Belarus will probably make you more comfortable in terms of hearing Russian and it's culture but that's about it. Ukrainian girls are often very friendly, feminine and nice company to be with but be prepared for anything, don't count on it being true love at first sight.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 12:22:49 PM »
She's 19. I am hoping she knows at least that much, she said she wasn't fluent but she seems to know something. Yeah with the video chat I'd probably be willing to use it in some scenarios but it's not how I want to make a first impression. I figure since it's not a long flight I'm not losing much if it turns out the language barrier is insurmountable in person. Have you ever tried having an interpreter?

First girl I met in Ukraine a few years ago I didn't need a terp. She spoke English fluently though thought she was only good/very good lol. She understood everything I said. She was happy and smiled a lot, we got on well but there was no Chemistry there and we had different interests, she was much into theatres, etc.

Other girls I have met have varied, I do remember one particularly arduous video chat with a girl who spoke virtually no English though.

I never really go with terps, I tend to just use the app, it's not ideal, it's good at first but girl can get tiresome with it so be careful on its usage. Problem with a terp the girl chooses is that you could just end up being played, i.e hours & hours of terp pay at a higher than market rate, plus dinners for both terp and girl, hence why it was said above to bring your own terp. Hotel might have an idea in this but otherwise it might be hard for you to find as a non Russian speaker in a strange country.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the cost of arranging a terp until you have met this girl and determined if there is chemistry. Otherwise a lot of bother and possibly some cost. I would just use the app an any splattering of English she has. Just remember to keep what you are saying Very Basic until you are sure she can handle more.

I would basically look at this date to be a fun experience to meet a Ukrainian girl, she is probably thinking likewise. So just meet and try to enjoy it if she is a reasonable enough girl in my opinion.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 12:43:48 PM »
Belarus is not Ukraine. I've been to Belarus and it is a lot more 'controlled' there. It's a quasi-Communist regime that is authoritarian, crime and corruption are not tolerated there not for the average Joe on the street at least. Ukraine is the opposite, corruption is rife, attempts get made there and there to clear it up but it's numerous and something you don't commonly want to come across. Most of us foreign tourists are lucky enough not to be hit by it. There is a big pro dating industry in Ukraine, it doesn't sound like your girl is a part of it but be careful.

Fun loving is good but it can mean more game play though that is dependent on the girl.

Hmm what do you mean by more game play? Also is there anything in particular that I should watch out for over there? I'm aware of the pro datings scams but not some of the potential issues in day-to-day life

I never really go with terps, I tend to just use the app, it's not ideal, it's good at first but girl can get tiresome with it so be careful on its usage. Problem with a terp the girl chooses is that you could just end up being played, i.e hours & hours of terp pay at a higher than market rate, plus dinners for both terp and girl, hence why it was said above to bring your own terp. Hotel might have an idea in this but otherwise it might be hard for you to find as a non Russian speaker in a strange country.

The problem I see with the terp is that it's only very temporary so what's the point? I guess it would help you get to know her better at first but if you've already gotten to know her pretty well online then how does it help?

Online krimster2

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 12:45:44 PM »
“I am pretty unflexible, I'll admit that.”

a VERY BAD characteristic to have for someone in a relationship....
when women have this characteristic, they basically try to pull a  “their way or the highway” on you....

you need to learn how to completely change how you think
instead of thinking about YOU
you need to think about WE (you and her)

let’s face it...
for YOU, this is all about the “Pooty Tang”, isn’t it?
c’mon, you can’t fool grandpa
but for her
it’s different
she wants to play house with you to see if she likes the game or not...

so you get to play “the daddy” in this game
you’re the “bread winner” who puts “the food on the table"
and she’s the mommy who stays in the kitchen and cooks dinner and takes care of you

so you play this little game with her

I started playin these kinda games when I was 6 yrs old
and all the little girls forced me into playing doctor
cuz, I NEVER woulda come up with that idea on my own
the first time I saw a naked little girl
I was like “What happened to your Pee Pee, why would you want to surgically alter it into resembling a little butt?”

needless to say, I have evolved quite a bit from those early beginning days

what I'm trying to communicate to you is this
you have to play the game of being "the strong daddy"
if you want her to play the "submissive mommy"
ok?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:52:38 PM by krimster2 »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
First date advice
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »

Do you mean I should use an app instead of an interpreter or that meeting in a cafe isn't a good idea?

It's been 194 years (approximately) since I was 23 years old. I think that
you should just go meet her and work things out on the fly. She probably
took English classes this year in 2020. The old ladies that I was meeting 
took English classes before you were born.

I would arrange transportation from the airport to your apartment then
ask her to meet you at the airport. She can ride back with you and help
you exchange money, get a sim card for your phone and a few groceries
etc.

*NOTE: This is a top secret 2tallbill suggestion
*NOTE: This is a top secret 2tallbill suggestion

When she comes up to greet you bend over, pick her up and
spin a 360 and give her a smooch on the mouth and set her
back down and tell her that you are really, really glad to finally
meet her.

If the woman is ugly, fat etc don't do the secret tip. It will send
her the wrong message. If she is hot and you do this she will
think that you are a very confident man and there will be tingles
inside her. (That is a very good thing).

There is a very small chance that she will use a straight arm to
your face stopping the entire operation, but then you know where
you stand immediately, there won't be any tingles and you are in
friend zone and you need to find somebody else.

*NOTE: Above is a top secret 2tallbill suggestion
*NOTE: Above is a top secret 2tallbill suggestion

FSUW don't do vague

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 01:25:23 PM »
“I am pretty unflexible, I'll admit that.”

a VERY BAD characteristic to have for someone in a relationship....
when women have this characteristic, they basically try to pull a  “their way or the highway” on you....

you need to learn how to completely change how you think
instead of thinking about YOU
you need to think about WE (you and her)

I guess it depends on what you mean by inflexible? I'm flexible on some things, just not on fundamental things.

let’s face it...
for YOU, this is all about the “Pooty Tang”, isn’t it?
c’mon, you can’t fool grandpa
but for her
it’s different
she wants to play house with you to see if she likes the game or not...

No, I'm Christian, I don't believe in casual sex. I would've stayed in America if I was looking for that.

so you get to play “the daddy” in this game
you’re the “bread winner” who puts “the food on the table"
and she’s the mommy who stays in the kitchen and cooks dinner and takes care of you

so you play this little game with her

Sounds good to me :)

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 01:36:11 PM »
I would arrange transportation from the airport to your apartment then
ask her to meet you at the airport. She can ride back with you and help
you exchange money, get a sim card for your phone and a few groceries
etc.

Unfortunately Kryvyi's airport has been shut down by corona so I'm taking an Uber from Dnipro, but I do like the idea of getting groceries with her, that has occasionally been a struggle in Belarus.

When she comes up to greet you bend over, pick her up and
spin a 360 and give her a smooch on the mouth and set her
back down and tell her that you are really, really glad to finally
meet her.

If the woman is ugly, fat etc don't do the secret tip. It will send
her the wrong message. If she is hot and you do this she will
think that you are a very confident man and there will be tingles
inside her. (That is a very good thing).

Haha I hope I can work up the balls to do this

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
First date advice
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
Haha I hope I can work up the balls to do this

Are you kidding me?

You had the balls to travel thousands of mile across an ocean.
You slew all manner of dragons, black knights and forded
alligator infested moats without the benefit of drawbridges.

DO IT, you flew all the way to see her. She is going to be excited
to see you. Give her the spin!

FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »
"No, I'm Christian, I don't believe in casual sex. I would've stayed in America if I was looking for that."

I KNEW there was "a catch" there ALWAYS is....

some advice from an old dewd who knows WTF he's talking about
get all the sex you can BEFORE you get married, cuz you AIN'T gonna have as much as you think you are after you're married...
don't say no one warned you

zoomer,
let me see if I understand your “situation”
you’re a member of a "religious cult” and you adhere strictly by its code of ethics in regards to sex, which labels any form of sex outside of cult sanctioned marriage as a “sin”

BTW, the name of the cult wouldn’t be “Ladder Day Saints” or anything close to that, now would it, do you wear magic underwear as a sign of your holy covenant?

good thing you decided to let someone else hand ya an ethics code and decide your sex life for you as opposed to deciding that ALL on your own....
wow! big sigh of relief, huh?

bravo!
what a brave and noble choice
to let an organization make your personal life’s choices for you!!!

too bad you’ll never get to see all the pooty-tang I’ve seen
no, really....
cuz I took the see as much pooty-tang as you can route instead of the living by some particular cult's rules route like you boy...

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:19:27 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 05:22:51 PM »
Hmm what do you mean by more game play? Also is there anything in particular that I should watch out for over there? I'm aware of the pro datings scams but not some of the potential issues in day-to-day life

The problem I see with the terp is that it's only very temporary so what's the point? I guess it would help you get to know her better at first but if you've already gotten to know her pretty well online then how does it help?

I mean some of the are mischievous, for some it is just a bit of a game, short term entertainment to meat a foreign guy and have some fun. For others they might see if they can get you to buy them stuff. In general you are required to foot the bill for restaurant, entertainment and taxi's, including taxis home even if you aren't going with her. Make sure she doesn't ask too much for the taxi home it should be well within 200UAH (ghrivna) in most cases. I think odds are that in the location she is in she probably won't be a problem, she is probably a genuine girl but be wary just in case.

In general you should be able to move about in Ukraine without trouble. I don't want to give you the impression it's the wild west, day to day is not so bad. Many people are decent, nice and friendly enough people over there. If anyone I would try to avoid unofficial taxi touts at the airports and unofficial taxis that are generally parked around, they can be dodgy types driving them that if given the chance may take advantage of you and leave you in a not good place. Make sure you exit the taxi taking all your belongings with you including mobile phone and stuff in the boot, don't let the driver distract you. Ideally use Uber, Uklon or Yandex  so the payment is already set in stone. Try to avoid showing a lot of money if paying taxi drivers in cash, same about town in shops & restaurants etc also. Beware of dodgy run down areas and homeless, unemployment or desperate looking people. Remember the economy is likely not fairing well at the moment so a tourist could be rich pickings. Keep hold of your luggage at all times. Also keep your passport secure, I like a place with a safe if possible. Be careful that any girl you invite back to your apartment/hotel doesn't run off with all your money & passport. I usually split up where I keep my cards and money so I don't risk losing the lot in one go whether in room or out on the street. So some in suitcase, some on person, some in bag, etc.

Like I say the girl you are meeting is probably genuine but make sure you are not being set up by her/being led into a bad situation. Most decent girls will look out for a foreign guy. However, be careful of anyone being too nice to you without good reason. Don't accept free drinks that might be spiked from people you don't know well, etc.

I'm not saying this stuff to freak you out, most of the time you should be fine but it's handy to be street wise in Ukraine just in case to be on the safe side, hopefully. If you can pick yourself up a sim card for your phone while at the airport with internet on it then that can help a lot with finding out where you are and finding your way around easier, i.e Google Maps. That will make you less vulnerable. In general it's best to be as independent as possible in Ukraine to avoid being preyed upon, not saying it will happen but just less chance of it that way.

Good Luck! :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM