It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Yet another "age gap" story - but with a difference  (Read 10730 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Yet another "age gap" story - but with a difference
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:51:13 PM »
The received wisdom in life in general is that the best fit for a romance is where the couple are of a similar age (i.e. no more than about two or three years difference).  This is engrained into everyone as they grow up, and it's also common-sense, simply because you will have far more in common with someone who is experiencing the various stages of life at roughly the same time as yourself.

Although there is very sound reasoning behind this state of affairs, for some reason this all goes by the board when men are lured (for want of a better word  :D) into a possible relationship with someone from the Former Soviet Union.  Many are seduced, or hypnotised, by the flashy ads from companies such as AnastasiaDate, insisting that there are many, MANY FSU women who will happily get married to someone who is 20, 30 or more years older than themselves.  They will even show you examples of this!  (And, yes, we have instances amongst our members here where this has happened, and the couples are blissfully happy, so we know that it IS possible).  And I have personal knowledge of such couples, one pair being amongst my oldest friends.

BUT...such examples are very rare, and have pretty much nothing to do with national origin.  And it does occur in reverse, too - the obvious flag-bearers for this are France's President (age 40) and his wife (age 65).  You will find the same percentages of age gap relationships in many cultures - not just those with Western (mainly from the USA) men and FSU women.  Here's the conclusions of a thought-provoking academic study of the subject.

http://theconversation.com/mind-the-gap-does-age-difference-in-relationships-matter-94132

So, yes, age gap relationships do work - but they need a hell of a lot of work along the way.  If you can get to the stage of a relationship where you can truly say that "age is just a number," because everything else works, then you've pretty much won the battle.

Disclaimer - I'm not advocating one way or the other.  My ex-wife and I were only a few weeks apart in age, and I've had subsequent girlfriends who were the same age, 10 years younger and 20 years younger than me.  None of those latter relationships ended BECAUSE of the age gap - but I would certainly be a bit warier before getting into another relationship which had that much disparity.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Re: Yet another "age gap" story - but with a difference
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:18:29 PM »
15 yr age difference w/ my wife and I'm not French!!!
we've been married going on 19 yr
chronological age not important to some people
emotional age matters though!
and a lot of times opposites attract...
stable combinations can be more than just 2 people being the same...

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 07:18:45 AM »
Age difference expressed as a percentage is probably more meaningful. I was 23 when I met a 16 y.o. whom later I married - and subsequently divorced - so she was 30+% younger than me, culturally a generation apart: she could not dance the rock'n'roll having grown up with the twist and shake :( - not the only reason why our marriage failed, though ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
Yeah, I like the % idea!  Eg  back when I  was 50 yo my girlfriend  was 25 that = 50% of my age. I used to tell her that she was closing the gap everyday and that when I reach 100yo she will be at 75% ! ! ! ! !  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:09:18 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 08:04:25 AM »
Age difference expressed as a percentage is probably more meaningful. I was 23 when I met a 16 y.o. whom later I married - and subsequently divorced - so she was 30+% younger than me, culturally a generation apart: she could not dance the rock'n'roll having grown up with the twist and shake :( - not the only reason why our marriage failed, though ;D.

You could have met in the middle..... shake, rattle and roll !!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online krimster2

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »
"I was 23 when I met a 16 y.o. "

oh my!
I have a 16 yr old daughter who is a VERY spoiled teenage girl
even though she is a beautiful tall blond/blue eyed girl
you'd have to be CRAZY to want to marry someone like her!
I have an image of your 16 yr old ex-wife as a hard working farm girl from near Naples who wanted to get away from her parents...
if I didn't have a 16 yr old daughter, I'd tell you how jealous I was, but that'd make me sound a little creepy
like I watch my daughter's friends when they come over to play in the pool...

Online krimster2

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »
one of the first pioneers of the FSU MOB thang was a guy named "Art" a short, balding 60+ yr old retired accountant who married a 28 yr old redhead
I met him and his wife a few times when I lived in Sevastopol...
they lived happily ever after
all things are possible...

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »
one of the first pioneers of the FSU MOB thang was a guy named "Art" a short, balding 60+ yr old retired accountant who married a 28 yr old redhead
I met him and his wife a few times when I lived in Sevastopol...
they lived happily ever after
all things are possible...

Art was not that short, and he was a retired airline pilot.
Wife produced twin daughters.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
it's what HE told people, his wife told me he was an accountant...
believe who you want, I chose to believe her...
yes, I saw his twin girls in person...
been a guest in his home...
him in mine...

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
I have an image of your 16 yr old ex-wife as a hard working farm girl from near Naples who wanted to get away from her parents...
Not quite ;)
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 11:20:02 AM »
You could have met in the middle..... shake, rattle and roll !!!!

Although it sounds 2/4, it's really a 4/4 rhythm, and she could not manage the double step before the main beat 8).
Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 11:28:38 AM »
she is gorgeous!!!!
and ITALIAN!!!!
and looks like she knows how to cook!!!

WOW!!!

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »
she is gorgeous!!!! and ITALIAN!!!! and looks like she knows how to cook!!! WOW!!!
Actually, although her parents were Northern Italians, her paternal grandfather was Sicilian - a Sinatra, distantly related to Frank. However, her household cooking was very uninspiring - I ate there on weekends for some 5 years while engaged - so I had to have her learn proper cooking from my mother, and she eventually learnt it well ;).

Her grandpa was quite a character, a former salesman of Singer sewing machines in Trento where he married a local girl, and betrayed her on their honeymoon train trip to Sicily :D. When I got to know him, he insisted in having me read his typewritten tragedies - gory, dramatic love affairs in the style of Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana - which he submitted regularly to our national broadcasting company in the hope of their becoming TV tragedies broadcast nationally - only to receive polite refusals ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »
"Actually, although her parents were Northern Italians, her paternal grandfather was Sicilian"

she looks like a lot of the women i saw in Milano, more German than classic Italian looking
gorgeous, gorgeous, oh my, beautiful, young women stunningly dressed
so naturally feminine
la dolce vita

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »
Up to the 1960s, most Northern Italian girls were blondish-haired/bue-green eyed. Later, the immigration of Southerners to work in our booming factories - and their higher fertility ;D - changed that.

As regards stylish dressing, I found it more abundant for instance in Rome's metro than in Milan's, probably because there is Italy's movie/TV centre and that fosters more hopes of attracting the attention of producers/directors than here :D.

On the other hand, there are examples of stunning blondes in our South too, thanks to their Norman heritage.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:37:26 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline deccie

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 10:33:04 PM »
15 yr age difference w/ my wife and I'm not French!!!
we've been married going on 19 yr
chronological age not important to some people
emotional age matters though!
and a lot of times opposites attract...
stable combinations can be more than just 2 people being the same...
Age gaps may not be an immediate or  even a mid term issue but I always wonder how such couples with a very large gap age together. What is life going to be like for your wife when you hit 80+?

Offline I/O

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 02:52:17 AM »
What is life going to be like for your wife when you hit 80+?
Elsewhere in a word...

Offline Boomstick77

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 06:55:02 AM »
I think if you have your sh*t together age has no boundaries. Maturity is the real death sentence. I seen this one guy they call reviewbrah on YouTube who reviews fast food and looks like a red headed lesbian from the 1800’s and his main hook is wearing those mafia style suits from another era but when he opens his mouth I think what is so popular about this fool. He acts like he’s 60 years old but most likely 18. I’m sure he realized that he’s a virgin for life because with a personality like that you know he’s not the life of the party and has no skills for picking up the ladies. It’s a known fact that women no matter what culture your from prefer men that already have a career and their life is on the move and the majority of men that are at that point is at age 30 to 35. What woman wants to be with a man that is just starting out and the struggle is real. Whoever said getting with your own age group is ideal then  they are wrong.

Men in their 20s are desperate and have no idea what they want. So are they going to excel with their age group..rarely. If two 20 year olds meet and fall in love and think they have their goals set. The man has no clue what’s about to unfold when they hit the 25 year old mark. Women have a new set of goals at that age that don’t line up with yours. Plus by then if they both graduated university then comes the real test of poverty. Student debt, bills, cost of apartment, car, etc. this is a mans weakest years. That’s why they say wait till your 30 to get married. But what happens to women usual at the 30 year mark. They hit the wall at light speed. Their greatest asset which is beauty isn’t a bargaining chip anymore. That’s why women are the most powerful from age 17 to 28. That’s why all women fear the number 30. It’s all downhill from there. If they were smart and used their beauty for finding the best option at a young age then that’s success..they played their cards right. If they used their best years to attain things like materialistic things, vacations, etc and dated jerks and wonder why the best men are now taken...they’ve run out of time. I’m not saying all women get unfortunate at 30 but the majority do... I am in my home town for a bit and it’s a city of maybe 10,000 people. I seen two of my ex girlfriends from high school and think..my god..what happened...they used to be the hottest things going. Now they are overweight and their face looks like senator palpatine from Star Wars...I smiled and thought..yes...I dodged a bullet. This was my age group.

My wife is 10 years younger then me and it’s awesome. She hit the genetic lottery because she has a metabolism faster then a speeding bullet so shes untouchable to weight. Being an FSU womsn they take care of themselves beauty wise with all those creams and stuff but now has access to Sephora because of me. So no more garbage Knock offs from turkey or China. When I met my wife my family thought she was 17. So she’s aging incredibly well. In my 20s I had great success but it was only short term. It’s not till I hit my 30s when I started killing it.

Age for men isn’t really all that important. Sure if a girl is 18 and your 50 then hey...nothing is impossible but the chances of success are low...but if you are in the FSU then you already have your life together. Especially North Americans because our trip to that side of the world don’t come cheap. The most powerful years for a man is his 30s to mid 40s. Take my best friend for example..he was in love with this girl back when he was 20 and she friend zoned him. Why...well he was working at a normal 9-5 job and was going to college to become a power engineer. Fast forward to his 40th year and getting a divorce because he finally got sick of his wife cheating on him for the 10th time and said she didn’t love him. Why did it take so long for him to get out of that..stupidity yes but at the same time he got scared. The first time his wife left him for another man. He went back out into the world of dating and not one woman would give him the time of day. They could smell the desperation, he had been out of the game for a while and thought he lost his touch. How did his woman control him for the next 20 years. Her beauty. He thought he would never get a girl like that ever again. It took her a while and she was one of the few women that the wall didn’t get her but now..well...he can’t figure out what took him so long to leave. He said he’s just not attracted to her anymore. I thought hmmmm...she’s got a lousy personality, she’s a terrible person...ummmm...what’s her redeeming qualities now that she finally doesn’t have the one thing that kept him around...beauty.

Like I was saying...so the girl that friend zoned him 20 years ago happened to write a comment on Facebook and he just wrote a quick hello, they got talking and what do you know. She wanted to go to dinner and catch up. She was still looking somewhat decent but hey...she did have a pretty cool personality and they got along good. Let’s see..he’s now a chief engineer for a huge oil company in Alberta and clears 250000 dollars a year. He’s got his life together and has aged well. After that dinner they went back to his hotel room and got it on and are now together. Success is a big deal to women like it or not. Why would FSU girls come to Europe or North America if you aren’t doing that great money wise or success wise. Sure you have to have other characteristics to seal things but age isn’t that big of a deal.

Back when I started international dating...the age group I had was 19 to 30. I talked to them all but the one that had a good sense of humor and consistency was what I went with. Sure they were all rockets but they didn’t care if I was almost 40.

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 07:02:21 AM »
Most guys aren't honest about the spirit being willing, but the body might not cope and women aren't daft... they KNOW that - and bear that in mind when choosing a partner 

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 07:41:27 AM »
Age gaps may not be an immediate or  even a mid term issue but I always wonder how such couples with a very large gap age together. What is life going to be like for your wife when you hit 80+?

Well, Emmanuel's wife will be 105 then . . . so who knows?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 09:40:51 AM »
“Age gaps may not be an immediate or  even a mid term issue but I always wonder how such What is life going to be like for your wife when you hit 80+?”

“Elsewhere in a word...”

before I respond to your “observations” about me,
please allow me to reciprocate, and provide one about you...

why are you guys so insecure?
why all these worries, concerns; what about this? what about that?
what about it?

there are no guarantees in life, for any of us, except that we die in the end...
but if we let our fears hold us back, then not only do we die, but we also never really lived.

----------------------------------------------------

I’ve made MANY mistakes in my past relationships, and had MANY heart breaks...
but after awhile, I decided to not let my future be dictated by mere chance
and instead decided to become the architect of my future

I am an engineer, I think quantitatively, I realized my value in the “dating market”
in Ukraine was INFINITELY higher than in the USA, in the USA I was a C+ to a B-
but I WANTED to date A+ women (I’m sorry, my bad! selfish of me, I know!)
in silicon valley because it has the highest female/male ratio in the USA, I could at best date C- women, and that was getting tiresome!!!!

so Ukraine...
my first reaction to Ukraine in 1996 was “Sweet Jesus, you must be freakin’ kiddin’ me”  it was “opposite land” here’s a place where I am the one being pursued by young beautiful women!!!

it would be like you were hunting Elk in the desert without success and then you fly to a magic forest that’s just FILLED WITH ELK! and the Elk walk up to you and nuzzle your shoulder to see if you have any food and they want you to pet them!

Ukrainian women were much more physical about sex than American women, although that could’ve been age (early 20s vrs late 30s) and not nationality related, and of course I’m not even talking about the 1-4 women in silicon valley who take anti-depressants, and as a result have no interest in sex at all...

one of the things that younger Ukrainian women did that American women didn’t do was what I called “presenting” after getting undressed, they will place themselves in a provocative position, usually in a kind of “open” position, while making intense eye contact, the various poses also will stress muscle delineation
this is a standard part of foreplay there
however, a woman really have to be “eye candy” level to do this...
the first time I had the pleasure to witness this melted my eyeballs and I have permanent damage...

so yeah, my bad, for wanting this...
and my bad, for actually getting it...

msbmob,
if the drill is a little slow
use the sander
the job will get done, and no one will complain about it!!!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »
I think if you have your sh*t together age has no boundaries. Maturity is the real death sentence. I seen this one guy they call reviewbrah on YouTube who reviews fast food and looks like a red headed lesbian from the 1800’s and his main hook is wearing those mafia style suits from another era but when he opens his mouth I think what is so popular about this fool. He acts like he’s 60 years old but most likely 18. I’m sure he realized that he’s a virgin for life because with a personality like that you know he’s not the life of the party and has no skills for picking up the ladies. It’s a known fact that women no matter what culture your from prefer men that already have a career and their life is on the move and the majority of men that are at that point is at age 30 to 35. What woman wants to be with a man that is just starting out and the struggle is real. Whoever said getting with your own age group is ideal then  they are wrong.

Men in their 20s are desperate and have no idea what they want. So are they going to excel with their age group..rarely. If two 20 year olds meet and fall in love and think they have their goals set. The man has no clue what’s about to unfold when they hit the 25 year old mark. Women have a new set of goals at that age that don’t line up with yours. Plus by then if they both graduated university then comes the real test of poverty. Student debt, bills, cost of apartment, car, etc. this is a mans weakest years. That’s why they say wait till your 30 to get married. But what happens to women usual at the 30 year mark. They hit the wall at light speed. Their greatest asset which is beauty isn’t a bargaining chip anymore. That’s why women are the most powerful from age 17 to 28. That’s why all women fear the number 30. It’s all downhill from there. If they were smart and used their beauty for finding the best option at a young age then that’s success..they played their cards right. If they used their best years to attain things like materialistic things, vacations, etc and dated jerks and wonder why the best men are now taken...they’ve run out of time. I’m not saying all women get unfortunate at 30 but the majority do... I am in my home town for a bit and it’s a city of maybe 10,000 people. I seen two of my ex girlfriends from high school and think..my god..what happened...they used to be the hottest things going. Now they are overweight and their face looks like senator palpatine from Star Wars...I smiled and thought..yes...I dodged a bullet. This was my age group.

My wife is 10 years younger then me and it’s awesome. She hit the genetic lottery because she has a metabolism faster then a speeding bullet so shes untouchable to weight. Being an FSU womsn they take care of themselves beauty wise with all those creams and stuff but now has access to Sephora because of me. So no more garbage Knock offs from turkey or China. When I met my wife my family thought she was 17. So she’s aging incredibly well. In my 20s I had great success but it was only short term. It’s not till I hit my 30s when I started killing it.

Age for men isn’t really all that important. Sure if a girl is 18 and your 50 then hey...nothing is impossible but the chances of success are low...but if you are in the FSU then you already have your life together. Especially North Americans because our trip to that side of the world don’t come cheap. The most powerful years for a man is his 30s to mid 40s. Take my best friend for example..he was in love with this girl back when he was 20 and she friend zoned him. Why...well he was working at a normal 9-5 job and was going to college to become a power engineer. Fast forward to his 40th year and getting a divorce because he finally got sick of his wife cheating on him for the 10th time and said she didn’t love him. Why did it take so long for him to get out of that..stupidity yes but at the same time he got scared. The first time his wife left him for another man. He went back out into the world of dating and not one woman would give him the time of day. They could smell the desperation, he had been out of the game for a while and thought he lost his touch. How did his woman control him for the next 20 years. Her beauty. He thought he would never get a girl like that ever again. It took her a while and she was one of the few women that the wall didn’t get her but now..well...he can’t figure out what took him so long to leave. He said he’s just not attracted to her anymore. I thought hmmmm...she’s got a lousy personality, she’s a terrible person...ummmm...what’s her redeeming qualities now that she finally doesn’t have the one thing that kept him around...beauty.

Like I was saying...so the girl that friend zoned him 20 years ago happened to write a comment on Facebook and he just wrote a quick hello, they got talking and what do you know. She wanted to go to dinner and catch up. She was still looking somewhat decent but hey...she did have a pretty cool personality and they got along good. Let’s see..he’s now a chief engineer for a huge oil company in Alberta and clears 250000 dollars a year. He’s got his life together and has aged well. After that dinner they went back to his hotel room and got it on and are now together. Success is a big deal to women like it or not. Why would FSU girls come to Europe or North America if you aren’t doing that great money wise or success wise. Sure you have to have other characteristics to seal things but age isn’t that big of a deal.

Back when I started international dating...the age group I had was 19 to 30. I talked to them all but the one that had a good sense of humor and consistency was what I went with. Sure they were all rockets but they didn’t care if I was almost 40.

I hope for your sake, your wife is as superficial as you are.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
I was 23 when I met a 16 y.o. whom later I married

You remember the crap on the forum I went through contacting and marrying my wife who was young? Some posters here would hang a guy for getting involved with a 16 yo.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »

Darn, I won't be too long before I can answer that from experience.  Stop back in 3 1/2 years and I will let you know.  All I can say now is that it isn't much of an issue at 76 1/2.  The best part is that I can say I am done.  When she turns 40 I do not plan to trade her in for two 20 year olds.  I really see little difference in our relationship now than I did when we got married over 10 years ago.  When I reach the point where she has to change my diapers and wipe the drool from my mouth that may change things.   

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »
You remember the crap on the forum I went through contacting and marrying my wife who was young? Some posters here would hang a guy for getting involved with a 16 yo.
IIRC, you were NOT a 23 y.o. - as I was -  when you did that ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1906
Total: 1917

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM