It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Yet another "age gap" story - but with a difference  (Read 10727 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Yet another "age gap" story - but with a difference
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 06:21:15 PM »

Darn, I won't be too long before I can answer that from experience.  Stop back in 3 1/2 years and I will let you know.  All I can say now is that it isn't much of an issue at 76 1/2.  The best part is that I can say I am done.  When she turns 40 I do not plan to trade her in for two 20 year olds.  I really see little difference in our relationship now than I did when we got married over 10 years ago.  When I reach the point where she has to change my diapers and wipe the drool from my mouth that may change things.

Great to hear from you Turbo!

I have a mate in his sixties married to a lass half his age - they have two young kids - he had a brain bleed - twice - one nearly killed him and met he cannot drive a car and lost his Balloon pilot's licence - his business was leisure Ballooning flights 

His wife has been a total star during his recovery period - during which time their income stream was down to her and her newly qualified nursing role , plus state benefits.

Hopefully, he will not suffer any more fits - due to the bleed and will be able to drive if he can prove he has recovered

Marriages like your and theirs demonstrate that foolish folks like me shouldn't be so quick to judge by age difference

Offline deccie

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »

before I respond to your “observations” about me,
please allow me to reciprocate, and provide one about you...

why are you guys so insecure?
why all these worries, concerns; what about this? what about that?
what about it?

there are no guarantees in life, for any of us, except that we die in the end...
but if we let our fears hold us back, then not only do we die, but we also never really lived.

Of course their are no guarantees. But we can speak of probabilities and the larger the sample size the closer the outcomes will approach those probabilities. We already know even when the woman and man are of the same age that the probability is the woman will outlive the man by several years. The larger the age gap means that the aging process between both partners will likely be at different points. It is highly likely the woman will need to become the man's carer at some point.

So, my question remains, as you age what is that experience  going to be for your wife. You know, the woman you love?

Offline deccie

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »

Darn, I won't be too long before I can answer that from experience.  Stop back in 3 1/2 years and I will let you know.  All I can say now is that it isn't much of an issue at 76 1/2.  The best part is that I can say I am done.  When she turns 40 I do not plan to trade her in for two 20 year olds.  I really see little difference in our relationship now than I did when we got married over 10 years ago.  When I reach the point where she has to change my diapers and wipe the drool from my mouth that may change things.

I can only wish you both the best and continued happiness Turboguy.

Offline deccie

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 07:24:01 PM »

Marriages like your and theirs demonstrate that foolish folks like me shouldn't be so quick to judge by age difference

There will always be exceptions. But, as I said before, the larger the sample size the closer the outcomes will approach the probabilities.

Offline msmob

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 01:45:46 AM »
Have we any data to support your contention,or is it a bit feeling

Offline deccie

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 01:51:38 AM »
Have we any data to support your contention,or is it a bit feeling

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2255111

" 3) The cumulative divorce rate was lowest when husbands were 1 to 4 years older than wives. This tendency was quite similar in different ages and cohorts."

Offline deccie

Offline deccie

Offline msmob

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 05:00:29 AM »
"A model is developed that shows that divorce rates are lowest when" .."or when the magnitude of their age difference is extremely large"

your second link ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 08:51:23 PM »
IIRC, you were NOT a 23 y.o. - as I was -  when you did that ;D.

I was 39 when I first contacted my now wife. She was 17. We met when she was 18. Your and my age really doesn't matter. For most people, it's the girls age that matters. They have an idea what age a girl becomes a woman and can make rational decision. For most people they believe a 16 or 17 yo girl can't make rational decisions so men, who are adults, are taking advantage of them.

In my state the age of consent for sex is 16 yo as long as the other partner in sex isn't an authority figure. Sandro, you weren't an authority figure when you met your first wife? Doesn't matter, I'm sure you were a gentlemen back then as you are now.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
Of course their are no guarantees. But we can speak of probabilities and the larger the sample size the closer the outcomes will approach those probabilities. We already know even when the woman and man are of the same age that the probability is the woman will outlive the man by several years. The larger the age gap means that the aging process between both partners will likely be at different points. It is highly likely the woman will need to become the man's carer at some point.

So, my question remains, as you age what is that experience  going to be for your wife. You know, the woman you love?

It is a point that is often overlooked. What happens when your wife becomes a desirable hot cougar in her forties while you are suffering from advanced decrepitude?

Offline JayH

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »
Reading the comments here -- so what !!
Look at the stats of failed marriages with 20 somethings -it is a massive percentage that fail .
The bottomline -some relationships endure -- some don't !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »
Also there is 'age genetics.'

For instance,  suppose the man has/had parents and grandparents that lived well into their 90s.
And suppose the woman has/had parents and grandparents that only made it to late 50s or early 60s.

In these cases, the 60 year old guy marrying a 40 year old gal may likely have to replace a deceased wife when he hits his 80s.  He may have to go on a tour in his wheelchair.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
Also there is 'age genetics.'

For instance,  suppose the man has/had parents and grandparents that lived well into their 90s.
And suppose the woman has/had parents and grandparents that only made it to late 50s or early 60s.

In these cases, the 60 year old guy marrying a 40 year old gal may likely have to replace a deceased wife when he hits his 80s.  He may have to go on a tour in his wheelchair.

and if he takes a tour with A-date to Ukraine the 19-23 year olds will form a line behind him ready to push it  :rolleyes2:
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »

and if he takes a tour with A-date to Ukraine the 19-23 year olds will form a line behind him ready to push it  :rolleyes2:

And you don't think there are girls in ANY country ready to do that?? When there is $$ to be made??
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2018, 01:52:04 PM »
"So, my question remains, as you age what is that experience  going to be for your wife. You know, the woman you love? "

guess what?
if you're insecure about yourself before you get married, you'll be insecure after as well...
therefor, this subject is about YOU and not HER!!

I've been married going on 19 yr to a a woman 15 yr younger
and this is a non-issue at least for us...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »
I've been married going on 19 yr to a a woman 15 yr younger
and this is a non-issue at least for us...

My wife and I don't discuss this topic either.

There have been guys that come to this forum and said numerous times they asked a much younger woman if they have a problem with the age gap between them. They never come back and report they got married.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »
Coming up to 18 years of marriage and my wife is 22 years younger. Like some Russian women my wife wasn't good with long term financial planning when she came to the US.

For instance when she started working I set up retirement accounts for her. She thought pensions were the job of the US government because she had heard everyone in the US received a pension when they turned 65. Someone had told her that his would provide for her retirement. My reply was that she wouldn't be able to live and eat on her government pension.

Also set up college funds for our daughters when they were born. Along with the college funds I set up retirement funds for the girls. This is something many parents don't think of doing. Doing it when they're born means the accounts have that much more time to earn income.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »
My wife and I don't discuss this topic either.

There have been guys that come to this forum and said numerous times they asked a much younger woman if they have a problem with the age gap between them. They never come back and report they got married.

We did.     ;D
Doug (Calmissile)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »
man, does not live by bread alone...
so take some time to show your children what they need to live...
teach them not only how to live, how to learn, but above all, how to love...
your children really are your true legacy...
long after you are gone
and all your possessions divvied up by strangers
the stories you have told your children
will still be heard by other children’s ears

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1901
Total: 1912

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM