It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Aeroflot and S7  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Omega82

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Aeroflot and S7
« on: August 18, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
I haven't been to Russia since 2017 but I wanted to share something I saw recently on their airline website.  I noticed that Aeroflot and S7 are now offering a bare bones ticket where you can't take any luggage.  It's a shame.  I've flown a lot with Aeroflot in the past and found their service excellent and their benefits very generous.  I always traveled with a full suitcase, plus a carry on and a laptop bag, even on domestic flights at no additional cost.  In 2015 their prices were excellent.  I found some real deals at that time.  I flew with them all the way to Vladivostok in 2015.  Also all meals were included even on short distance flights such as Moscow Samara for example I was always offered something.  I'm not a big fan of these bare bones tickets.  And the prices aren't any lower than what I paid in 2015. 

And as a side note, Turkish allows you to check in two bags (23kg each) in economy at no additional cost.  It's possibly the only airline that offers this now a days. 

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
Re: Aeroflot and S7
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 06:59:57 AM »
Air flights require some sorting and analysis. 

I am playing in a Member-Guest in Raleigh, and my partner called me to say Frontier offers non-stop between Tampa and Raleigh for $79 each way.  Also, the scheduled time of the flights is ideal.

So I started to book a flight and discovered I had to pay extra for just a carry-on, and golf clubs were an extra $75 each way.  Southwest's basic fare for something around $210 RT includes golf clubs.  I am flying Southwest non-stop.     

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:07:24 AM »
On some TR trans Atlantic flights you could get 30 Kg... It applied to onward flights...

You get 10kg hand luggage, too

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:55 AM »
I haven't been to Russia since 2017 but I wanted to share something I saw recently on their airline website.  I noticed that Aeroflot and S7 are now offering a bare bones ticket where you can't take any luggage.  It's a shame.  I've flown a lot with Aeroflot in the past and found their service excellent and their benefits very generous.  I always traveled with a full suitcase, plus a carry on and a laptop bag, even on domestic flights at no additional cost.  In 2015 their prices were excellent.  I found some real deals at that time.  I flew with them all the way to Vladivostok in 2015.  Also all meals were included even on short distance flights such as Moscow Samara for example I was always offered something.  I'm not a big fan of these bare bones tickets.  And the prices aren't any lower than what I paid in 2015. 

And as a side note, Turkish allows you to check in two bags (23kg each) in economy at no additional cost.  It's possibly the only airline that offers this now a days.

Sounds like you haven't flown in awhile. I noticed the new fares last year.
Aeroflot's fare is called 'lite' fare, it is also used by Air France and KLM on transatlantic flights. Skyteam flights
These flights are cheapest when looking, so need to be careful.

While Star Alliance members I have not found this new 'lite' fare, the transatlantic flights include checkin baggage.
Have used Lufthansa, United and Turkish.

S7 is like most other low fare airlines, any checkin baggage is extra

Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM