It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus Winter 2022  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Coronavirus Winter 2022
« on: October 12, 2022, 12:26:45 PM »
Just wondering people's thoughts on here as to where we're at with the virus now. Here in the UK boosters are being offered but I choose not to, they're only offering mRNA and to be honest I'm at an age (mid forties) where I know that at some point there is the end as life doesn't go on indefinitely. As most anyone I don't know where that end will be but I just play on anyway. Sometimes I wonder where it will end.

The virus as Billy foretold seems to be an ever ongoing phenomena at least at present and seemingly for the foreseeable future. Even without variant change roughly every 6 months vaccine or illness protection faded or its either more vaccine, lying low as I do, or risk getting the virus again. All along people are still dying with the virus, so it seems we're trapped in that one unless a solution is put forth. Uptake of the booster doesn't seem that high at the moment in the UK. Other viruses are potentially waiting in the wings, bird flu, etc. So just seems to be a bit of a waiting game at the moment wondering if there is much of a future left out there. Anyone else have thoughts on this one?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 12:28:34 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Re: Coronavirus Winter 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 02:09:22 PM »
I got the latest Covid booster with Omicron component last week along with annual flu vaccine.  I will get a booster every time it is recommended, same as Flu vaccine and all others.

They (I think the Covid) gave me upset stomach and headache for 2 days.

Wife got the flu vaccine but didn't want them both at same time, so Covid booster will come for her later.  She needs to get on a Friday afternoon so she has the weekend to recover if she has problems like I did.  But a school picnic Saturday, so Covid booster will have to wait until week from Friday.

She is taking a substantial risk with being around students at the university, but I couldn't hurry her along.

Several of our friends and neighbors have gotten Covid, even as they were up to date with vaccine and boosters.  Caught mostly from grandchildren, etc.  But their symptoms were very mild, thanks to the vaccines.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 07:40:37 PM »
I got the latest Covid booster with Omicron component last week along with annual flu vaccine.  I will get a booster every time it is recommended, same as Flu vaccine and all others.

They (I think the Covid) gave me upset stomach and headache for 2 days.

Scheduled for the latest vaccine later today.  Also got bit a couple of months ago, likely by a family member, that did not have any symptoms.  Noticed a sore throat, but that was it. Out of sheer curiosity did a home test that showed solid lines. A couple of days later tested negative.  I also believe the vaccines work well and that the pandemic phase converted to endemic.  If it pops up again will increase precautions.  I don't mask up as often but do keep up with hand sanitizing when I go out. When I'm amongst folks I still keep a reasonable distance, fist bump, etc., instead of all the cheek kissing that is common here.  If I can smell 'em, it's too close, LOL.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 10:16:47 AM »
 I received a flu shot and a pneumonia jab last week. Corona jab scheduled  for tomorrow. My sister caught corona about a month ago, thankfully she recovered quickly. Her friend who caught covid at the same time, was hospitalized for about a week and continues to suffer from ill effects. I have been getting Modera vacs, sister reported herself and friend had J & J shots.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 03:04:10 PM »
I received a flu shot and a pneumonia jab last week. Corona jab scheduled  for tomorrow. My sister caught corona about a month ago, thankfully she recovered quickly. Her friend who caught covid at the same time, was hospitalized for about a week and continues to suffer from ill effects. I have been getting Modera vacs, sister reported herself and friend had J & J shots.

I think a pneumonia jab is a good idea to get Grumpy, it's only a small cost but can save you from it for many, many years. I've had two different pneumonia jabs over the past couple of year now along with flu shots. I've had the Astra Zenaca COVID vaccine but won't take an mRNA one. The Valneva vaccine came along too late as by then western government were more interested in getting the updated mRNA vaccines with the Omicron variant update.

I personally find a decent mask and pair of cotton gloves along with hand gel and trying to avoid crowded places particularly indoors seems to have worked well enough for me so far. I'm not kind of obsessed with going on forever more so that I figure suits me so far.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »
I won't be going near Covid shots with a ten foot pole. DYOR.

No value in flu shots, I'd rather get the flu and obtain natural immunity. I've had it before (and Covid) so know what to expect. I'd rather improve my immune through good overall health.

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 05:24:05 PM »
No value in flu shots, I'd rather get the flu and obtain natural immunity.

You don't obtain flu immunity by getting the flu.

The flu variant changes every year.

Same goes for Covid.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 07:32:11 AM »
I won't be going near Covid shots with a ten foot pole. DYOR.

No value in flu shots, I'd rather get the flu and obtain natural immunity. I've had it before (and Covid) so know what to expect. I'd rather improve my immune through good overall health.

I just use others research it's far quicker :D

I've not had COVID so far at least not that I know off. That you've survived it without COVID shots I think is doing well. I've had the two Astra Zenaca shots but I won't do an mRNA vaccine and at present for the booster campaign and the previous booster campaign that's all their offering in the UK. I wouldn't mind getting a booster of a traditional vaccine like the AZ vaccine such as the J & J one but they seem hard to get.

To be honest I'm not really sure if getting a vaccine at all is the greatest idea, going on a long time and seeing those you care about and are close to along the way is not a great place to be so even if no downsides to the vaccine I wonder on the merits of going in that direction.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 03:26:16 AM »
Reading this article this morning on new Omicron variants it really does seem now that this virus is here to stay with us for quite some time:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/nightmare-covid-variant-beats-immunity-025733218.html

So basically the outlook is that the coronavirus is ongoing and as yet no reports that it's getting any less weaker. Some thought when Omicron came out it might but that's looking a bit less likely now. So unless medical progress takes place or the virus does start fading out which is looking less likely we really are stuck with it long term it seems. That of course doesn't make for a fun outlook for the future. A lot of stuff we were used to doing won't likely be happening in the future both in terms of leisure time and work practices.  My guess is there will be no big return to offices as some Employers and government officials have been pushing for. That would probably suit me but some people preferred that scene apparently. So in general I'm thinking overall practices will evolve now towards a more isolated nature as a natural course as going back to old ways becomes seemingly more futile.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 05:23:58 PM »
Ok, time to kick out my conspiracy theory on this one, remember guys you heard it here first ;D My theory is that it is not China responsible for the virus but Russia. I reckon Russia could have released the virus in China to frame them. It all fits ;) Putler would have known the west would be too strong for him but if a virus was released to weaken our economies and divert attention then he could find the moment to take back FSU territory relatively unopposed. It could have worked but they messed up on their invasion and Ukraine got more help than they thought from the west plus they didn't realise how bad their own army was.

To me it fits way more, Russia doesn't care one bit about it's own citizens as they hold the view that the ends justify the means so view them as collateral damage. The overall approach fits in more with Russia than China. Chinese outlook tends to be very careful and methodical not impossible to mess up in science but not very likely. Russia's personality is more brutal ruthlessness, clumsy even and deliberate. Odds are they could have well released the virus on purpose even knowing their own citizens could fall foul of it just to try to gain the upper hand over the west. Putler has shown that he will do anything to pursue what he wants. Examples of the use of Novichok and other poisons and chemicals demonstrate his methods so release of a virus not really a big jump for him. Lastly, FSU people have seemingly been least affected by the virus which is pretty strange. Sure there are some demographic factors to explain this but I don't think that it really accounts for how it has affected them far less than in the west. If the virus was designed to not effect people that are if a Slavic background so much from genetics then it could be feasible I think.

Anyway, that's my crack pot theory for tonight please leave your comments below ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 09:00:55 AM »
A lot of people in the UK don't seem to be wearing a face giving at the moment. I was surprised to learn that roughly a third have been in the last 7 days or so:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/lifestyle

Not sure I quite see that on the streets but might vary region to region I would have kind of thought it was less. Not sure why people are choosing not or choosing to. At the moment news talk is off outbreak variants that evade the latest update.

To date I've been wearing a good mask that seals around. I know people believe different stuff on it all but I wonder for how many aren't too bothered. I kind of wonder more of late whether I should bother as a single guy and at my age. I see people with kids not bothering and I just wonder why? Too inconvenient, maybe, but considering the kids are relying on them kind of makes me wonder. As yet there seems no end in sight so not sure if anyone sees much of a future whatever which way?

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »
I wear a face mask every time I enter buildings in town.
We have been to restaurants rarely in last two years or so.
Just yesterday we were out shopping at a big box building store and stopped in at a nearby IHOP at 2:30PM.  There were only around 10 customers there in a building that will seat close to 100.
We asked for and got a corner booth at far end and asked that no one be seated near us.
It worked.
Yes, we took off masks for eating.
Mid afternoon is best for these endeavors.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2022, 02:36:06 PM »
Sounds like people are kind of hibernating ML. I kind of wonder how people will go about their lives now as guessing a lot of social people stuff is off the cards compared to how it was particularly the indoors stuff as you highlight.

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2022, 11:47:59 AM »
So what shots should you get at 50 and beyond? “There are new vaccines that have come out in the past several years, specifically aimed at older adults,” says Morgan Katz, M.D., an assistant professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

One of them is Shingrix, the amazingly effective shingles vaccine. And there are a few new pneumococcal vaccines on the market that go hand-in-hand with updated recommendations for older adults.

With newfound evidence that the poliovirus is circulating in the U.S., experts are recommending that anyone who is unvaccinated get immunized against the potentially debilitating disease. The CDC says most adults in the U.S. were vaccinated against polio as children (the vaccine first became available in 1955), and that continues to be the case. However, if you’re unsure of your status and are concerned, the CDC says it’s safe to repeat the vaccine.

http://tinyurl.com/5n6na5nr
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 10:13:02 PM by AnonMod »
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good

Offline BC

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2022, 02:29:05 AM »
COVID, influenza, pneumonia, shingles.

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2022, 08:58:34 AM »
COVID, influenza, pneumonia, shingles.

Quite correct.  Wife and I are up to date on all 4.

First two are annuals.

People regularly have gotten the latter three, but for some silly reason went all crazy regarding Covid vaccination.

Internet has caused many people to adopt the latest conspiracy theory of the week.

I know going back 10 years or so, we 'superior' USA folks used to laugh at those from other countries who had a plethora of conspiracy theories to peddle.  Now many here in USA are in that same silly boat

Offline BC

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2022, 10:55:35 AM »
People regularly have gotten the latter three, but for some silly reason went all crazy regarding Covid vaccination.

Internet has caused many people to adopt the latest conspiracy theory of the week.

I know going back 10 years or so, we 'superior' USA folks used to laugh at those from other countries who had a plethora of conspiracy theories to peddle.  Now many here in USA are in that same silly boat

It is unfortunate that adversarial politics is involved, even today.  The most absurd claims still abound on Infowars and other influencer websites seeking prey and gaining influence among those who can barely get past the headlines.  Divide and Conquer with BS.  Internet research and critical thinking skills should be required courses in schools nowadays.

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 06:30:28 AM »
Got the new booster and have all vaccinations for my age(54) done. Gotten so many vaccines over the years since I was in the military for 21 years. I just get them and don't fall for any of the conspiracy theories out there. Have a younger sister with long term COVID who has never recovered so I do whatever I can to protect myself.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 06:32:00 AM by civi68 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 04:03:45 AM »
Looks like BillyB may have been right:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2464274/expert-warns-of-mrna-jab-link-to-acute-heart-issues

In the news of recent is the American Football player who suddenly dropped with a heart condition on the field and is now fighting for his life in hospital. Not been confirmed as yet if he had the mRNA vaccine but could well be that. Other incidents of athletes & others succumbing to heart deaths quite likely as a result if the mRNA vaccine. Looks like it's only a small number considering those that had the vaccine so let's hope it remains so. I've not had the mRNA vaccine as I went just for the Astra Zenaca vaccine. I caught COVID back in November, lasted for a good three weeks or so and recovered. It's a strange feeling virus, it does feel artificial to my mind kind of like a cough without a need to cough. My cough was infrequent and I could control it, all the symptoms of Omicron, did a lateral flow test and it came up as the virus. I caught it if my Mother, that was the chink in my armour/face mask routine as never wore a mask around her as too impractical. Anyhow, got my virus update protection as a result from getting the virus so hence no need to worry too much about getting COVID when I go abroad unless things change but I'll likely go anyway as think I should be fine. Will avoid getting mRNA vaccines as usual though.

Locally looks like a Pneumonia type of virus may be doing the rounds. I'm ok as had both Pneumonia jabs available in the previous two years so despite direct exposure I remain unaffected.

This year I'll continue with getting more jabs done in the run up to my trip out to Chișinău. I plan to get a Hepatitis A & B combined vaccine, already had a Hepatitis A vaccine but a second shot around six months later apparently boasts it for many years to come rather than just one year protection. After that I'll be after getting a Rabies vaccine, the odds are low but you never know better to be careful than not I figure if it's so easy to do so. I'm essentially visiting a shithole so best to be as prepared as possible as you never know.

Polio in theory I should get an update sometime, like Tetanus I was vaccinated in High School but that vaccine is now way out of date. As the Gap's nurse stated it only lasts for about 13 years I think she said then another is needed. I foolishly though prior to being told this that you have it at school and it protects you for life lol. I think most people thought that as it's the impression you're given at the time when they give it to you. I'll pop down at get that sometime but as far as I know at the moment the polio scare from last year hasn't seemingly gained any real pace so hopefully risk won't be ok great on that one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2023, 12:31:55 PM »
Looks like this Pneumonia type of virus that people can't place is spreading through the UK and also North America. Apparently it lasts for many weeks though fortunately doesn't appear life threatening at least I really hope not. One Canadian Dr reckons it is a result of the mRNA vaccine and has written in a recently on it:

"The immune systems of the majority of the population are impaired since they are working overtime to fight off the spike protein their own bodies are producing from the gene therapy injections.  This is allowing viruses and bacteria to spread around at higher levels than normal"

I'm no Dr so can't be sure how true this is, just got to hope all will be ok. I remain unaffected but not sure if that is a result of my Pneumonia jabs not taking the mRNA vaccine or both or sone other reason. Kind of glad I didn't take the mRNA vaccine now and just opted for the AZ vaccine. I expressed my concern to family members but didn't press the issue as think we all new/felt it's really down to each and everyone to decide for themselves and I couldn't live with it on my conscience if I push them one way and it didn't work out well or just stayed quiet without expressing my concerns.

Hopefully this virus situation as it currently stands will pass and people will be ok. I don't expect the Coronavirus itself to go completely but all these different viruses we have now are just pretty full on. The NHS and GP practices are really cracking under the sheer volume of people with virus problems at present.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2023, 06:23:29 AM »
Still a little uncertain the affects of the mRNA vaccine. However there have been reports of myocarditis in even young people in a very small almost seemingly random basis:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20230105/Free-spike-proteins-in-the-blood-appear-to-play-a-role-in-myocarditis-post-COVID-mRNA-vaccine.aspx

Possible cases of healthy athletes suddenly dropping on the field so who knows.

In any case it looks like were now stuck in a continual loop of the virus mutating and evading previous jabs and previous immunity from infections. Looks like this is happening every months or so, so once we've had about 6 months of relative safety then after that nothing is necessarily assured is what I gather from it. And of course even then catching the virus or a variation of it within that 6 months is a possibility.

Even the response to the virus now is a bit unclear, isolating long term brings the risk of being greatly at risk to the virus if ever breaking from isolation as we have seen in China. On the other hand mixing too freely means continually catching the virus and putting up for it for the duration. In between that there is preventative measures such as mask wearing to cut down the frequency of catching it but do that too much and the risk is going too long without getting an update in the form of catching the virus, while mask wearing too little risks catching it fairly often and the discomfort that entails. Of course no guarantee of surviving the virus in any case if caught but reduced risk seems likely if having previously had it or a jab in the not too distant past.

As yet there seems to be no further weakening of the virus if it ever has even though symptoms have changed with the variants. My own take us that it seems to me to be artificial quite possibly released to cut down on the population on the planet. There's the environment situation with apparently too many people amounting to too much carbon emission whatever we do, the food issue of possibly not enough in the future then there is the need for labour issue with less labour likely being needed in future due to automation and robotics.

So it looks like life is going to go forward under a pale of living under a virus situation for some time to come it appears unless something happens to alter that but at the moment there doesn't seem to be anything that will.

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2023, 02:38:13 PM »
 Moderna's mRNA-based vaccine against RSV (respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus) was effective at preventing disease in older adults, according to preliminary, top-line results of an ongoing phase III clinical trial the company announced Tuesday. Moderna said it will now seek regulatory approval for the vaccine in the first half of this year.

RSV has been among the top priorities for vaccine development. The seasonal respiratory virus is potentially lethal to young children, as well as the elderly. This was particularly noticeable last year, as RSV and other seasonal viruses caused unusually large off-season waves of infection in the wake of SARS-CoV-2's disruptive spread. Typically, RSV sends around 3.6 million children worldwide to the hospital each year and kills over 100,000 children under 5. Just in the US, RSV sends an estimated 58,000 to 80,000 children under 5 to the hospital each year, killing between 100 to 300, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For older adults in the US, the virus sends about 60,000 to 120,000 to the hospital, killing 6,000 to 10,000.

Now, with decades of foundational research, Moderna's mRNA-based candidate is just one of several in the works. In August, Pfizer announced that its protein-based RSV vaccine was about 86 percent effective in older adults. Two months later, the company announced its vaccine was 82 percent effective at preventing severe RSV in the first three months of an infant's life after vaccinating pregnant trial participants. And in October, GSK announced that its protein-based RSV vaccine was about 83 percent effective against disease in older adults.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2023/01/rsv-vaccine-for-older-adults-is-84-effective-moderna-says/
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2023, 03:25:25 PM »
Looks like Coronavirus may be on its way back in:

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/india-records-over-7-000-new-covid-19-cases-in-last-24-hours-sharp-jump-from-yesterday-3940670

So just when we thought it might be gone for a while, or getting weaker. Still see how it pans out with a bit of luck not too bad. Probably won't get in the way of my plans this time I'm thinking.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2023, 04:47:44 PM »
Looks like the UK is moving back towards the traditional protein based vaccines rather than mRNA as similar effectiveness but much more cheaper:

http://www.theconversation.com/amp/sanofi-vaccine-what-to-know-about-this-protein-based-covid-booster-being-offered-in-the-uk-203350

I can see the likelihood being that when then have used up the Pfizer & Moderna mRNA stock they will likely stick to protein based vaccines like this new Sanofi one.

I will wait to see how the Sanofi one goes down and go from there I think.

The new Arturus variant of Omicron doing the rounds seems to be one to watch at the moment, not that many known cases in the UK as yet but already 5 deaths from it. Looks like for the time being at least the Coronavirus is still kicking around.

Apparently conjunctivitis moreso in the young is a symptom of the Arturus virus, pretty nasty but I guess easier to spot. Makes me think moreso that it seems an artificial lab based virus.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2023, 06:58:44 PM »
there isn't any need to "invent" a lab leak hypothesis, although it's possible
years ago, sales people in the wuhan market were tested for SARS, and about half the workers had anti-bodies to it, meaning they were infected at one point
covid is just a mutated SARS virus

what is true however, is that China has engaged in a MASSIVE cover-up of all details of the covid virus, suppressing a lot of info, you can google this and see how widespread it is
they also sent spies out to dig for SARS vaccine info, and how western governments were gonna prepare for a pandemic (before covid happened) google chinese spys in Canada and SARS & pandemic

once the Chinese government knew of the dangers, they banned all domestic travel,  but NOT international travel, how do you explain that

I just happen to have a LOT of information on Soviet "Germ Warfare" planning, yeah, I found it in a dumpster see....

the Soviets were well aware that if they used a bio-weapon against their enemies, it would cross the border and come back to bite them
so the Soviets developed a "ZERO TOLERANCE" civilian defense against bio-agents, just like what the Chinese did, copying the Soviet system EXACTLY

in addition, the People's Liberation Army wrote a guide for how to weaponize SARS

google the following
The Unnatural Origin of SARS and New Species of Man-Made Viruses as Genetic Bioweapons

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1799
Most Online Ever: 12701