It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: To the Pearl of the Black Sea  (Read 85005 times)

Offline rw_recruiter

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: To the Pearl of the Black Sea
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »
Also make sure you're dealing with the parents. Would be nice to see a family photo album. ;)

Seems a bit unusual to me. I am not really looking to look over baby pictures a day after meeting the girl. And why do her parents want to meet an older guy interested in their daughter? Ok, so she is without a doubt not 21, but most parents are not looking to offload their only daughter on some foreigner. Does not work that way.

I alluded to something that bothered me earlier. She has a large scar on her face. Not talking a Tommy Flanagan scar, but quite noticeable. Yet even with this superficial flaw, she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I have met. Russian Instagram model hot. Not sure how to bring this and her age up delicately. Or if it even matters at this point.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
Ok, so she is without a doubt not 21, but most parents are not looking to offload their only daughter on some foreigner. Does not work that way.

I alluded to something that bothered me earlier. She has a large scar on her face. Not talking a Tommy Flanagan scar, but quite noticeable. Yet even with this superficial flaw, she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I have met. Russian Instagram model hot. Not sure how to bring this and her age up delicately. Or if it even matters at this point.

The scar missing from her profile photos can be blamed on the agency for photoshopping. If she had anything to do with her profile, she would know the age is misrepresented and would ask to correct it if she were an honest person. In the past you said you messaged her on their messaging system. Surely she knows what her profile says unless that wasn't her. Talk to her about some of the things you talked about when messaging her. See if she looks confused.

Better looking younger women get the men to do business with the agency and get them to fly overseas. It worked so now you have to decide if what is in front of you beautiful enough. Then, more importantly, you have to figure out what's inside her and if there are anymore things about her that doesn't make sense. We've had men come here regretting marrying a beautiful woman because she ended up cleaning him out.

And why do her parents want to meet an older guy interested in their daughter?

It could be they care about their daughter's safety and future. Because of the agency you're using, I'd also suspect them showing up gives you the illusion that she's from a very strong and unified family which is appealing to men looking for family oriented women. During your whole time there, you have to decide what in front of you is real and unreal.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »
The new terminal feels like a bus terminal even... haha. No ramps to planes even. Just several large rooms basically. Customs was not even working.

Except for Kiev, the airport infrastructure is poor. I had been to Zaporozhye airport last year. Worse than 3rd world country airports.

In Odessa, I would recommend you eat at Bernardazzi and Tavernetta. Really good.

Enjoy the city. Go to the opera house if you are inclined.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2017, 09:31:13 PM »
FYI- the new terminal in Odesa is used for flights from Kiev only at moment. It was Strange to walk out and see paved roads with curbs separating lanes/areas coming out of terminal...nice and new looking. It was dark so I wasn't able to see old terminal. The Trolly  into town is to the right coming out.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
FYI- the new terminal in Odesa is used for flights from Kiev only at moment. It was Strange to walk out and see paved roads with curbs separating lanes/areas coming out of terminal...nice and new looking. It was dark so I wasn't able to see old terminal. The Trolly  into town is to the right coming out.

They shuttled us into the new terminal upon our arrival from Vienna. It was strange though, as it is set behind the runway and several run down buildings with overgrown weeds. Maybe they will tear down the old buildings at some point? Otherwise the design does not make much sense.

Offline LAman

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 09:53:40 PM »
They shuttled us into the new terminal upon our arrival from Vienna. It was strange though, as it is set behind the runway and several run down buildings with overgrown weeds. Maybe they will tear down the old buildings at some point? Otherwise the design does not make much sense.

Where did you through passport control? I thought it was still in old terminal.

Must be nice to be up at 7:54 in morning!! )))

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 09:54:21 PM »
Up early as not used to the time difference yet. I fear it will be a long day today because of that, but the woman cannot meet me till later in the day so a nap may be in store.

After pounding on my door and kidnapping me the two women wanted to show me around a bit. I have still not exchanged funds and had to inform them to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation.

They said it's ok and said we can just go for a walk.

The apartment I booked is right smack in the middle of everything apparently. We walked by a statue of Catherine and down the the Potemkin steps. The streets and trees were all light up. We looked at the port quickly and walked to an area I am told is brand new. It was renovated as a gift by Istanbul and has beautiful walkways, benches and a fountain.

It was run down before they tell me. For a country that is struggling it looks like there is money here.

We walk down a lit up tree lined walkway and up a few streets.

Stars and apples light up with lights adorn the trees and street. People walk around and there is live music. The girls say it is a bit slow since a Monday, and it is usually busier. They take a few photos and we continue to a cafe lined street.

Gotta Excuse the poor pic quality, on my cell with bad lighting...

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 09:57:25 PM »

Where did you through passport control? I thought it was still in old terminal.

The bus dropped us off at an entry (right before exit gate to taxi pickup lanes) and we walked into the new terminal. There was a row of booths with roll up doors and they processed us there. Doors were basically roll ups like a storage unit. Baggage was on other side of that to the right and sliding doors exited to main front entry.

They were laying new asphalt as we drove by on the bus. Maybe things are changing as work progresses?

Offline LAman

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »

As we walk out I bump headfirst into the Airbnb host. An Israeli it turns out. He speaks English and takes us to the apartment. It is located on 5 Katerynynska Street. There is a small park in the courtyard and he tells me the Opera house is a block over. Several small cafe's ring the fringes of the park and it is dotted with mature trees.

The city and location is quaint, with a very European feel to it. Many beautiful old buildings in need of someone to restore them to their former beauty.

" I rented an apt with a Sea view on Airbnb the first week....."

How that view from Katerynynska st??? )))

Price for your apt is not great or good. Stairs is a prob over time up and down. Just for comparison I just stayed at Palladium for $66 with sauna/jacuzzi and free entrance to Itaka club but you are right in center which is good for you. If you want English speaking service go to Irish pub around the corner from you on Derbasovskaya( second block)

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 10:08:58 PM »
After the walk they girls ask if I want a coffee and we walks towards an outdoor food tent area. People are having beers, we walk around a bit and settle on lattes and come crepes. Around $1 USD per latte and crepe. Service seems a bit slow it seems.

At one point a girl walks up and wedges herself between me and the two women. The girl I am with warn her off with a death stare and I wonder what just transpired. I later ask her about it and she said women want to rob you in Odessa. Not sure in what manner she meant.

As we sit and chat I learn a bit more about them. They are agency girls. They divulge a little on how it works and it seems a big business in this city. Not sure where I stand so I try to not pry too much and change the subject. I mention that many of the men walking around have darker complexions. They must not be Ukrainian. The girls say they are "blacks" and not from Odessa. Turks and men from other regions.

After that conversation one of the girls says we should quickly leave. Not sure if it was something I said but as we walk away I am told the three guys next to us are creepy and dangerous. "They carry knives and call many friends for trouble" I am told. Ukrainian men do not like foreign men the girls tell me. The proceed to tell me about the dangers of rapes and muggings from "blacks".

We walk back to my apartment and the girls head off after we plan to meet again tomorrow afternoon.

Offline LAman

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:09 PM »
The bus dropped us off at an entry (right before exit gate to taxi pickup lanes) and we walked into the new terminal. There was a row of booths with roll up doors and they processed us there. Doors were basically roll ups like a storage unit. Baggage was on other side of that to the right and sliding doors exited to main front entry.

They were laying new asphalt as we drove by on the bus. Maybe things are changing as work progresses?

Ok , I know, I came out of those sliding doors  to my taxi. I was on domestic flight.

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:23 PM »

Price for your apt is not great or good. Stairs is a prob over time up and down. Just for comparison I just stayed at Palladium for $66 with sauna/jacuzzi and free entrance to Itaka club but you are right in center which is good for you. If you want English speaking service go to Irish pub around the corner from you on Derbasovskaya( second block)

Haha, yup, no sea view for sure. I have a wonderful view of the street below and a supermarket. Not sure if I rented the wrong apartment or what. I paid $143 for 4 nights here. The girl said I could have done better, but the location is good if only a little noisy.

Offline LAman

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »
Haha, yup, no sea view for sure. I have a wonderful view of the street below and a supermarket. Not sure if I rented the wrong apartment or what. I paid $143 for 4 nights here. The girl said I could have done better, but the location is good if only a little noisy.

Girl is right, just wait till weekend when there will be more noise and till very late. If you like upscale, there is a packed place up Katerynskaya from you before you hit statue, of course only if you are hip and have plenty of cache!!! You girl would love the lavishing. LOTS of PYT's there!!!

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 10:19:14 PM »

Here's my view of the Sea.  :)

Offline LAman

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »

Could have sworn you said you paid $50-60 for apt on bnb for first week. Do you want me to look? I am beginning to wonder how much you want to over dramatize things.

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 10:25:21 PM »

Could have sworn you said you paid $50-60 for apt on bnb for first week. Do you want me to look? I am beginning to wonder how much you want to over dramatize things.

Not sure, I never really paid attention to how much the first place was. I think I paid 60 and change for the house near the beach I move into on Friday, but that is a 3 bedroom. It's already paid so no worries, cannot worry about a few bucks when we pay $300 per night back in the US.

Offline LAman

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 10:26:22 PM »
Here's my view of the Sea.  :)

Haha!!! Don't forget about best part of Odesa, beaches!! If you need a driver, I know guy who speaks English. He does work for both uklon and uber.

Offline JayH

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »

I agree on price -- but without seeing it hard to make a call.It is not outrageous.
The location is great --I have stayed all around this area  and know it quite well!
The Irish pub --please !!  Show some sense of adventure.
There are plenty of places to exchange money at "official " booths with advertised rates close by .Do not be tempted to try street exchangers who will approach you along Prymorskyi ( as per your photo) -- the rate will be great-- but you will lose your fingers in the "deal" !!
There is LOT's of action right on your doorstep .One night I walked  in place that must be withinn a few seconds of you( rwr_)  and immediately called another member here ( who I had dinner with a few hours earlier) as there were about 200 girls and 10 guys in the place !!

One of my favourite apartments is on Katerynynska -- and it does have a sea view. Street  runs down to the top of the stairs !! ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:38:08 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
If you want English speaking service go to Irish pub around the corner from you on Derbasovskaya( second block)

Mick O'Neal's  :)
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2017, 10:43:46 PM »
Mick O'Neal's  :)

Must be the large place with Irish flags out front across from the food stalls on D street?

Offline JayH

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2017, 10:53:42 PM »
Not sure, I never really paid attention to how much the first place was. I think I paid 60 and change for the house near the beach I move into on Friday, but that is a 3 bedroom. It's already paid so no worries, cannot worry about a few bucks when we pay $300 per night back in the US.

Good attitude --roll with and live and learn--  flying blind in booking is part of the fun & adventure !! ;D

I saw something earlier on the apartment issue --ie a debated topic on where to stay .
You had a minor issue of connecting with your vendor --this is not unusual.
You had help with you and no great time pressure -- so it sorted itself out quickly enough.

My point is this-- if you were in a waiting taxi with luggage -- if you had no help -- etc etc how would you have been feeling then ?
Arriving tired,thirsty,hungry & needing the toilet --  the last thing anyone needs is a stuff around getting access ! Now in your case --you had pre-paid ( btw that is adding to cost)  --but what if you arrive and owner wants folding cash? ( they often do) and the situation is as rwr described -no opportunity to exchange yet?
As I have said many times-- how much easier it is to go to  a hotel on arrival ?

For rwr -- on Prymorskyi  is the beautiful Londonskaya Hotel   -- a magnificent old building gradually being renovated. wander in and have a look .

Also for rwr --I am reading with interest your story . No conclusions from what you have said-- but many questions arise. You are correct in not pre-empting too much-- it will become obvious in due course with a little patience.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
Must be the large place with Irish flags out front across from the food stalls on D street?
:tmi:
yep
Please tell me your not going there !! ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »

she said women want to rob you in Odessa.

I am told the three guys next to us are creepy and dangerous. "They carry knives and call many friends for trouble" I am told. Ukrainian men do not like foreign men the girls tell me.

The proceed to tell me about the dangers of rapes and muggings from "blacks".

How do you feel with all the protection and warnings you're getting? Living in that kind of environment everyday can psychologically damage people. Try to get into those girls heads and figure them out. I think the Turks/blacks are there for the sex tourism more than breaking the law. I've seen plenty of them in Kiev go home with hookers.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »
I saw something earlier on the apartment issue --ie a debated topic on where to stay .
You had a minor issue of connecting with your vendor --this is not unusual.
You had help with you and no great time pressure -- so it sorted itself out quickly enough.

My point is this-- if you were in a waiting taxi with luggage -- if you had no help -- etc etc how would you have been feeling then ?
Arriving tired,thirsty,hungry & needing the toilet --  the last thing anyone needs is a stuff around getting access ! Now in your case --you had pre-paid ( btw that is adding to cost)  --but what if you arrive and owner wants folding cash? ( they often do) and the situation is as rwr described -no opportunity to exchange yet?
As I have said many times-- how much easier it is to go to  a hotel on arrival ?

Yes, it would have been a nightmare. Very valid point on hotels. The owner was actually on his cell when we bumped into him, the girl I was with barked a bit at him. Not sure what was said but have a feeling it was not pleasant.

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2017, 11:12:13 PM »
How do you feel with all the protection and warnings you're getting? Living in that kind of environment everyday can psychologically damage people. Try to get into those girls heads and figure them out. I think the Turks/blacks are there for the sex tourism more than breaking the law. I've seen plenty of them in Kiev go home with hookers.

I feel pretty safe. I am a larger guy and a bit rough, but lets be honest - even a 150 pound guy holding a knife can hurt you. I joked I would wander out later without them looking for trouble and was told trouble will find me if I run into men like that.

There are different groups of people it seems in the city. Very diverse, but not what we are used to in the US. I have seen videos of fights online with immigrants gangs in Russia. So I know it does happen. The girls helped two immigrants order tea from the stall we were at, I was told they were not dangerous but the others were. No idea the difference to be honest.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541314
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701