It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Race in Russia and Ukraine.  (Read 15411 times)

Offline Terryrnz

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Race in Russia and Ukraine.
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:31:46 AM »
Okay so I've travelled through Europe before and some of Eastern Europe backpacking when I was in my 20s, I'm 32 now live in Australia from NZ, signed up to a Russian dating site etc. I've been talking to a few ladies one in Crimea 2 in Ukraine for some months now and they all seem to want me to visit them sometime soon which isn't an issue for me my only reservation is race, I have olive complexion  I'm half white and half New Zealand Maori. Hasn't been discussed  and doesn't seem to be issue with whom I'm
Talking to but I keep hearing conflicting stories about Russian and Ukrainian women not being interested in non caucasians. Pics attached any input would be appreciated:)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:10:41 AM by Terryrnz »

Offline Terryrnz

Re: Race in Russia and Ukraine.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
Pic

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »
Pic

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
I think, just based on your skin coloring alone, you will not be rejected by many FSU gals.

Most everyone looks a little better with some suntan . . . and you have it naturally.

So go for it.

Note:  I just had my wife look at your picture, and she agreed with my assessment.

But one problem you may have is when you insist on doing everything 'Up-side-down.'
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:12:23 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
Oh wait . . . I just enlarged your one pic and saw your plethora of tats.

You are dead in the water.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 11:29:39 AM »
Really , I have had neck and hand tattoos removed since these were taken and the tattoos have not been an issue for anyone I've talked to online. Maybe an issue for some women but not all  just like women in any country in the world I suppose.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 11:41:24 AM »
Maybe an issue for some women but not all  just like women in any country in the world I suppose.

There is a stigma with Russians that tattoos mean that someone must have been in the gulag at some time.
I personally never cared for them.
Also piercings ....tongue studs, earrings, chest studs, ears etc......nahhhh :P
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »

well..... if you ask someone under the age of 50 here (and there) you will get a totally different answer, Tattoos in both Ukraine and Russia are becoming as usual as in the western world with the younger generation (unfortunately)

So no,  its not the stigma it once was..

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »
well..... if you ask someone under the age of 50 here (and there) you will get a totally different answer, Tattoos in both Ukraine and Russia are becoming as usual as in the western world with the younger generation (unfortunately)

So no,  its not the stigma it once was..

It is with parents.
As mentioned..the fiftyish people still associate tats with hooliganism.
So Natasha would have to introduce the illustrated man to Momma?
I've heard about this and it doesn't go well.

Nightwish... taken over ten trips & you are 'still looking':-\

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »
It is with parents.
As mentioned..the fiftyish people still associate tats with hooliganism.
So Natasha would have to introduce the illustrated man to Momma?
I've heard about this and it doesn't go well.

Nightwish... taken over ten trips & you are 'still looking'[/i] ?  :-\
yes there is no option that says Trips: > 20 and Looking again

and for your other comment, well they would have accepted the trampstamp on Natasha, so why would they mind the man to have tats?

You really have no idea how the younger generation in those two countries are now do you? They have embraced everything western and tattoos are one of these things..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:55:37 PM by Nightwish »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »
Terry, there are lots of Ukrainians who are darker than you.  So, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

A neck tattoo would still be a problem in Ukraine, the sleeves, not so much.  But, it's a class thing as well.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »

You really have no idea how the younger generation in those two countries are now do you? They have embraced everything western and tattoos are one of these things..

If you glance at a selection from our sponsor ..........
http://www.cuteonly.com/girls/18-22/
& I have and there are hundreds of photos of ladies 18-22 and I don't see a single one with a tattoo.
Look, I'm no prude.
I acknowledge a 'Gothic' style Russian culture of course but darn few are on these dating sites ;)
On Mamba perhaps...?

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »
If you glance at a selection from our sponsor ..........
http://www.cuteonly.com/girls/18-22/
& I have and there are hundreds of photos of ladies 18-22 and I don't see a single one with a tattoo.
Look, I'm no prude.
I acknowledge a 'Gothic' style Russian culture of course but darn few are on these dating sites ;)
On Mamba perhaps...?

I am talking about average girls in the average city (well bigger cities), most of them have quite tasteful ones, a small one on the shoulder or the wrist, a "tramp-stamp" or a cute little one in the bikini line..  I am not saying EVERYONE has one, but it has become very common, more so then I thought.

And one stroll around Odessas beaches this last summer, I would say 1 out of 3 had a tattoo in that agegroup, yes very much more common in 18-25 then over, but I have met a couple of 35+ that had them, and I am not meeting the "gothic type".

One very very common, is if they have a child is too have their name tattooed on their body..

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »
That's very different from a neck tattoo.  I've never seen one on a UM, though I wasn't specifically looking.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 01:46:49 PM »
That's very different from a neck tattoo.  I've never seen one on a UM, though I wasn't specifically looking.

where did I talk about neck tattoos? I am quite sure I wasn't specific on where they where located in my original post, I didn't talk about flaming skulls on the cheeks either?
Anything more I didn't talk about?

and I have seen neck tattoos on UM, but then maybe I was just paying attention.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »
The OP has a neck tattoo.  That is what was referred to in ML's post.  He says he has had it removed, but if it is visible, it will be a problem.

I have not seen a neck tattoo on any normal UM.  On local criminals, yes.  I don't stay in hotels, I stay in a working class neighbourhood when there.

Why are you checking out men, in any event?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:54:49 PM by Boethius »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »
Oh wait . . . I just enlarged your one pic and saw your plethora of tats.

You are dead in the water.
Now I am not fluent in English, but I am pretty sure plethora doesn't mean neck...

The OP has a neck tattoo.  That is what was referred to in ML's post.  He says he has had it removed, but if it is visible, it will be a problem.

I have not seen a neck tattoo on any normal UM.  On local criminals, yes.  I don't stay in hotels, I stay in a working class neighbourhood when there.

Why are you checking out men, in any event?

So now it went from I've never seen one on a UM  to  I have not seen a neck tattoo on any normal UM.  On local criminals, yes.

Local criminals aren't men? They are all women? mm good to know, all men looking.. beware..

Whats wrong checking out the local competition? But no I have just been there a lot, met a lot of different people, locals, friends, and friends of friends and relatives to some of the women I have dated. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:58:38 PM by Nightwish »

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »

Now I am not fluent in English, but I am pretty sure plethora doesn't mean neck...

It means 'abundant' [usually]

Offline wallm

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 02:13:45 PM »
I had been told by Ukrainians that not being Caucasian is a disadvantage but not a lost cause. there are plenty of ladies from FSU who marry Asians for example. I still think your chances are slightly less compared to Caucasians. You can make up the deficit however with your personality, money and whatever else the ladies like. Good luck.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
He looks pretty Caucasian to me.  As I posted, there are a lot of native Ukrainians darker than he is.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »
Local criminals aren't men? They are all women? mm good to know, all men looking.. beware..

Whats wrong checking out the local competition? But no I have just been there a lot, met a lot of different people, locals, friends, and friends of friends and relatives to some of the women I have dated.

Local criminals are a very, very small minority of men, and not ones that normal women are interested in marrying.

As for local competition, you are not competing with local men.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »

Local criminals are a very, very small minority of men, and not ones that normal women are interested in marrying.

As for local competition, you are not competing with local men.
And that is a giant load of bullcrap.. to be completely honest.

or said in a nicer way - I do not agree with you on that statement..

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »
You are not competing with local men.  If you didn't have a higher income, a foreign passport to a desirable country, or were not chasing women local men usually ignore, you would have no chance there.  No matter what you tell yourself.

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:02 PM »

I have to agree with Boethius. A neck tattoo is reserved for criminals, mainly, and marginal youth subcultures in FSU society. Such a tattoo may form a some negative bias at first encounter, though not a deal breaker.
Olive skin as at the photos is not the issue, at all. I would say FSU gal will pay more attention to how the poster dressed. Nice classic suit can balance to some extent the impression from tatoos.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 07:44:21 PM »
Here is an archetypal Ukrainian man -

And this one, from Western Ukraine -

And these guys, also from Western Ukraine -

I've seen much darker Ukrainians from Central Ukraine, with very olive skin, dark brown or green eyes, and black hair. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:46:00 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701