It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What kind of invitation is better for the first trip to Russia for American man?  (Read 8987 times)

Offline Sinitsa

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello, friends... I need your advice. Whats the best way to get invitation for the visa for the first trip to Russia? My very special person from America is going to come to Moscow for our first meeting...
At the agency they say he needs an invitation. What is the best way to get the visa easier? Tourists invitation, privat invitation or business invitation? The agency in his city can do it, and I can make privat invitation or tourists here in Moscow in some companies. But what's the best way? We talking about short trip - 4-5 days only, and there's the fact that he was a military before...
So, could you give us an advice please? Thank you in advance.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Hello Sinitsa.  Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest your special person get a tourist visa.  Last year, my husband wanted to go to Moscow to see the graves of his ancestors.  I used gotorussia to obtain Russian visas for him and our children.  They were relatively quick, too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:51:44 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sinitsa

Thank you so much. Is here any difference where it's better make a tourist invitation? In Russia or in the USA?

Offline Boethius

I'm not certain what you are asking.  Do you mean is it easier to obtain a tourist visa to Russia or the US?

You can ask in Russian, if it is easier for you.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sinitsa

Спасибо. Я имею в виду, влияет ли тип приглашения (можно сделать частное приглашение от меня, или туристическое от фирмы) на легкость получения визы? Он ветеран войны, я беспокоюсь поэтому.

Offline Boethius

Туристическая виза будет найлучшее решение всех проблем и хлопот.  Это сбережет время и нервы.  Его армейское прошлое, наверно, не будет иметь значения. Желаю удачи!

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
Thank you so much. Is here any difference where it's better make a tourist invitation? In Russia or in the USA?

If you use an agency it will handle that for you.

Offline whynotme

Спасибо. Я имею в виду, влияет ли тип приглашения (можно сделать частное приглашение от меня, или туристическое от фирмы) на легкость получения визы? Он ветеран войны, я беспокоюсь поэтому.

Для первой поездки лучше сделать приглашение от турфирмы. Мой муж все визовые заморочки решил очень просто, найдя агентство в Штатах. В принципе, частное приглашение сделать тоже несложно, но это потребует некоторых усилий уже с вашей стороны.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
 :welcome: Sinitsa!

Just to add my two cents' worth -

While the situation may have changed since my visits to Russia, first-time visitors were not then allowed to request a business visa if they were only going as a tourist.  The invitation I required was supplied by a travel agency in Izhevsk, and I was so impressed by their help that I visited them to thank them in person.

On my second trip I got a business visa, which was almost more trouble than it was worth because that particular agency (in Moscow) managed to stuff up the process TWICE.  The Russian Embassy here required the original invitation (for a tourist visa a scanned copy was OK), and it got to the Embassy only a few days before I was due to fly out.  Luckily they processed it very quickly.  :whew:

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Trips: > 10
First vist..TOURIST VISA

No need to use an agency...One can apply directly, under the visa section found at the local Russian embassy site.

Being ex Military..answer the questions honestly.

You'll need a voucher for accommodation.. with your application.

IF you haven't decided where to stay....then an agent can provide such a voucher for a lot less than committing to a reservation.

If you hit it off...you could do an invitation..never bothered..take too long to get and no multiple entry variant.

Biz vizas better,  but then you may get asked to prove you are doing biz.

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Hello, friends... I need your advice. Whats the best way to get invitation for the visa for the first trip to Russia? My very special person from America is going to come to Moscow for our first meeting...
At the agency they say he needs an invitation. What is the best way to get the visa easier? Tourists invitation, privat invitation or business invitation? The agency in his city can do it, and I can make privat invitation or tourists here in Moscow in some companies. But what's the best way? We talking about short trip - 4-5 days only, and there's the fact that he was a military before...
So, could you give us an advice please? Thank you in advance.

I want to give you a very big welcome to the forum Sinitsa! You seem like a very helpful lady and I'm sure you will be a very good hostess to your very special person and the very lucky guy will be very happy with you.

I've used GotoRussia.com and Travisa.com for my visas to Russia. They supplied the invitation letter. I sent them my passport and they get the Russian consulate in America to put a tourist visa in it. Travisa says you can get the tourist visa from the Russian hotel or tourist agency or they can provide the invitation service for your very special friend.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sinitsa

Thank you so much for your advices and compliments ) Well, It will be toutist visa and I found out that it's faster and cheaper to make the invitation in Moscow agency. The manager also said, this year they often give at once 3 years visa... Will see )

Offline ML

Sinitsa, could you please give some reasoning why you want to start a relationship with a person from America?

As you know from listening to your President and the regular stories in your TV and newspapers . . . Americans are the cause of all the problems that Russian people are facing.

So why would you want to become involved with a person who comes from the country that causes so much pain for the Russian People?

And, just in case you forget,  Putin has the highest approval rating of any leader of any country . . . so Russian people do agree with his view that American people are the cause of the problems that Russians face.

Not trying to be nasty . . . but would just like to know why you are interested in someone who is a member of such a hated group of people (Americans).
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Sinitsa

First - I've never dreamed about living in America or any other country. Never. I've just met the man, who is better than all men I've ever met. He's simply the best for me. And I still could hardly believe that he's so real and really is going to come to meet me ) And me, and my family we are above the politics. If our countries acting like kids - well, it's not something important for me. Good people are everywhere. They are around me in my country and will be around me in any different places. I have friends in America also. So I don't care about it. )

Offline BillyB

First - I've never dreamed about living in America or any other country. Never. I've just met the man, who is better than all men I've ever met. He's simply the best for me. And I still could hardly believe that he's so real and really is going to come to meet me ) And me, and my family we are above the politics. If our countries acting like kids - well, it's not something important for me. Good people are everywhere. They are around me in my country and will be around me in any different places. I have friends in America also. So I don't care about it. )

Wonderful answer.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
Thank you so much for your advices and compliments ) Well, It will be toutist visa and I found out that it's faster and cheaper to make the invitation in Moscow agency. The manager also said, this year they often give at once 3 years visa... Will see )

a couple months ago I got my 3 year visa, it was very simple with turn over time `10 days' ( I might have got in 9). I used visahq, they have their own simple form for you to fill out and they fill out your application based on that info, if there is any questions or addl info needed they email you with what is needed. Included in price is invitation....... so only thing you worry about is filling out visahq's form. Price was as competitive as any other one I looked into( some are pretty expensive). I looked at the usual you hear, travisa, red star, gotoRussia, ils-usa, visatorussia. I have heard some of the Russian consulates here in USA are taking in-person applications now.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Sinitsa,

I used VisaHQ.com and they handled everything for me. I used a web browser and filled out all their forms, then paid them and sent them my passport.

If possible, have the man get a "3 year multiple-entry" visa.  This will allow your man to visit you more than once, without having to get a new visa each time.

Udachi, Slumba.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Online Faux Pas

Sinitsa,

I just happen to be in the middle of securing one myself. Here is a company close to you that I am currently using and have used before http://allrussianvisas.com/ . I recommend them as they have always provided good service to me with no hassle.

First vist..TOURIST VISA

No need to use an agency...One can apply directly, under the visa section found at the local Russian embassy site.

Being ex Military..answer the questions honestly.

You'll need a voucher for accommodation.. with your application.

IF you haven't decided where to stay....then an agent can provide such a voucher for a lot less than committing to a reservation.

If you hit it off...you could do an invitation..never bothered..take too long to get and no multiple entry variant.

Biz vizas better,  but then you may get asked to prove you are doing biz.

I suppose the requirements are a bit different from American to Brit. In The U.S. unless you can walk the application personally into the embassy you must pay an approved company to do it for you. The embassy that I must submit to is over 600 miles away thus, I am left to pay the "approved" company to handle it for me or, make the trip myself. Also, he can apply for a 3 year tourist visa. He would likely be denied a business visa unless he provided and proved he was actually doing business

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
Strange, that the situation might be SO different ..getting such a long visa for Irish or Brits ...simply a dream

We have to go in person to have our finger prints scanned. So, even if using a agent - one must turn p in person - I think it is because this is an EU requirement.

Reciprocity  - probably
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Online Faux Pas

Strange, that the situation might be SO different ..getting such a long visa for Irish or Brits ...simply a dream

We have to go in person to have our finger prints scanned. So, even if using a agent - one must turn p in person - I think it is because this is an EU requirement.

Reciprocity  - probably

Yeah I dunno. I've never had a fingerprint required for Russia and I've made soon to be my 10th trip. I remember when they instituted the approved visa companies to process visas. For a while (couple of years IIRC)they were the only way to acquire a Russian visa. At first there were only 3 companies that were approved. You couldn't even apply in person.

Prior to that we applied directly to and communicated with the Russian consulate. (for me it was all by mail) Now, unless you can walk it in personally, you must use an approved company

It's a racket IMHO. Some Consulate has stake in visa companies I assume.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:15:43 PM by Faux Pas »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843