It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Need Russian Visa Advice Urgently!  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Bounder

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Need Russian Visa Advice Urgently!
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Greetings everyone.  I need some specific information about Russian visas if anyone happens to have any insights whatsoever from a Russian perspective, a Canadian perspective or whatnot.  I am seeking information from various other sources as well (inviting organization in Russia, Russian visa application centre in Canada, as well as a visa services company that I have used in the past for obtaining a Russian tourist visa.  I am sorry for this shotgun approach but, to be honest, I am in a little bit of a panic mode right now, so I want to gather any and all useful information as quickly as possible.

I will be travelling to Moscow as I felt it was time to get better acquainted with Abashka, seeing as how we are so fond of each other (Abashka, before you respond, please understand that I am joking, just trying to lighten things up a bit).  :D

Actually, I am going to Moscow to attend a course with the intention to begin working for the organization offering the course following the successful completion.  I have been told that I have two options in this situation: a work visa or a business visa.

An added wrinkle to this is that I need to leave Canada by December 27 at the very latest, due to a prior engagement in Europe prior to entering Russia.  I understand that I must apply for my visa in Canada (my country of nationality).

The organization has told me today that it they can get the invitation for my work visa by December 11 and then courier it to me which would take another 3 business days.  Given that I will need to courier my documents to a Russian consulate here and also taking into consideration the holiday period over Christmas, I see no prospect for getting a work visa in time.

The inviting organization has told me that they can arrange the invitation for a business visa within 10 working days.  So this is a little quicker and may leave me with enough time to get my visa.  However, what is unclear to me is whether a single entry business visa would require me to submit an HIV/AIDS test (this is required for the work visa).  They also stated that upon the expiry of my business visa, I would need to leave the country to reapply (presumably for a work visa?).  Would I have to come all the way back to Canada (my country of nationality)?

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can do right now to ensure that I will be able to legally enter Russia in early January, keeping in mind that I must leave Canada by December 27th for a prior engagement which I cannot cancel nor postpone.

Again, I apologize for this, but will appreciate any thoughts or advice from anyone.  I am in a little bit of a desperate panic mode at the moment as it has dawned on my that this is all suddenly getting very very late.

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Need Russian Visa Advice Urgently!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:44:10 PM »
What I do is get a 3 year tourist visa. Same price as Business and easier to get. Sometimes you need to show hotel reservation for Tourist. Just call them [ 888-263-0023 ] or go to web page - wwwgotorussia.com     A business visa is also available from the service I use. About same price.  Name is  Go To Russia. In Atlanta, GA. I am guessing Russia could use some extra money from tourists these days so it should not be a problem.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »
Chicago, Bounder is Canadian, different rules apply to him.

Bounder, join trip advisor and ask this question in Russian forum. There are some very knowledgeable Russian guys there. or maybe point you in a proper direction. My guess, it is easiest to just get a tourist visa for now, sort the other visas later.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »
I don't think your running short on time at this point, Bounder but you'd probably not want to leave it any longer...

I'm reading it's four to 20 working days...

...'The Embassy or Consulate General of the Russian Federation reviews all visa applications and make a decision whether or not to issue a visa within the time-frames reserved for the requested type of the visa (usually within 4 and 20 working days), once a full set of documents has been provided and the consular and ILS service fees have been paid."...

http://www.canada-ils.com/main.php?id=general-information&lang=en

Business Visa documents required...

http://www.canada-ils.com/main.php?id=business&lang=en

Doesn't appear HIV/AIDS test is required.

Work Visa documents required...

http://www.canada-ils.com/main.php?id=working&lang=en

...HIV/AIDS test required.

Personally, I'd go for the business visa and have them generate the invitation.

I'm getting the impression you would have to return to Canada after expiration (or at least leave Russia).

...Visa extensions are not possible. If visa requires extension the applicant should reapply for a new visa....

http://toronto.kdmid.ru/en.aspx?lst=en&it=/Visas.aspx

Best you talk to the consulate or their application company about it.

Consulate website says this company is the only company they accept application forms from....

..."In order to improve visa processing starting August 25, 2014, the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Toronto accepts visa applications submitted through authorized Russian Visa Centre "Invisa Logistics Services Canada Ltd" only."...

http://toronto.kdmid.ru/en.aspx?lst=en&it=/Visas.aspx

Not sure if this helps but thought I'd post it for you anyways. :)

Brass

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:38:01 PM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541284
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190