It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 57,000 children crossed border from Mexico to USA since October  (Read 12878 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Associated Press states that 57,000 children crossed border from Mexico to USA since October 2013.

Can someone explain to me how these children got across the border?

When I want to cross a border . . . I am asked to show a passport.

Sure, I have heard of swimmers across Rio, but 57,000 kids can't achieve that.

And yes, I know it is a long border, but these kids are concentrated along certain areas of Texas, as I understand it.

So it seems that every day, a hundred or so kids are just walking into some Texas town.  Surely they are seen before they walk across border.

What's going on here?

I don't mean why are they coming . . . I just don't understand how they are getting in . . . in these huge numbers.

Are we talking about same country (USA) where guys have a hard time getting an FSU gal in?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: 57,000 children crossed border from Mexico to USA since October
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 10:06:10 PM »
Associated Press states that 57,000 children crossed border from Mexico to USA since October 2013.

Can someone explain to me how these children got across the border?

When I want to cross a border . . . I am asked to show a passport.

Sure, I have heard of swimmers across Rio, but 57,000 kids can't achieve that.

And yes, I know it is a long border, but these kids are concentrated along certain areas of Texas, as I understand it.

So it seems that every day, a hundred or so kids are just walking into some Texas town.  Surely they are seen before they walk across border.

What's going on here?

I don't mean why are they coming . . . I just don't understand how they are getting in . . . in these huge numbers.

Are we talking about same country (USA) where guys have a hard time getting an FSU gal

Not to mention the Ukraine wife of a Marine that got thrown into prison at the US Border.  I think she is out now.  Border service is embarassed.

I guess I better not have Larisa try to swim the Rio Grande.       ;D
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:32:49 AM »
Seriously guys . . . how are these children physically crossing the border?

I just can't imagine it.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:45:16 AM »
Most of the water from the Rio Grande is used up before it gets to the Gulf of Mexico. There are sometimes areas of dry river bed. Little kids can just walk across it in many places. Some years ago, there was a sand bar at the mouth of the river and no water entered the gulf.

There is about 1000 miles of border between Mexico and USA along this river. How many agents would it take to patrol this?

Compare this length to the Berlin wall!

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:51:22 AM »
If 57,000 kids can walk across, then millions of adults could walk across.  Do the adults get sent back, but not the kids?

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:54 AM »
Millions of illegals have come across. This is not news. It has taken place willy-nilly for 40+ years now.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Not to mention the Ukraine wife of a Marine that got thrown into prison at the US Border.   

Jerry S Wavshrdr   • 12 days ago       She's not the right color. Only brown people are allowed in the USA.

Unlike the majority crossing the border, she knows English. In fact, she is a Cambridge graduate and actually speaks five languages.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:09:09 AM by tfcrew »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »
Seriously guys . . . how are these children physically crossing the border?

I just can't imagine it.

Many by bus. Via cayotes.

They cross the border and 'surrender' themselves to the authorities because of an existing law that states (paraphrased - don't remember details)," minor children caught crossing the border illegally, will be kept a minimum of two years until the authorities determined their belonging and proper processing..."

Many of the kids are apparently children of illegal aliens residing in-country and are being processed to *connect* with their parents.

I am elated to see buses of Americans protesting and preventing relocation of these children unto their cities/towns/communities. They are not allowing them anywhere but *back home*.

I think they should take them to Canada and Europe, along with all their illegal immigrant parents and leave them all there. They're all supposedly nice folks who keep telling us they like to socially take care of everyone in their countries.

Folks...we have way too much problem internally to be spending monies, energy, and resource meddling in other country's affairs in our world today. America needs mending. Bad. It has long been ignored by the people we elect in offices.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:32:25 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »
Millions of illegals have come across. This is not news. It has taken place willy-nilly for 40+ years now.

It is amazing how little you guys know about this major story. I fault the mainstream media.

It is news because of the surge. 100's thousands are pouring across the border hoping to get amnesty from Obama and the Democrats. Big Business Republicans are for it too as well as some well known Billionaires like Buffet, Zuckerberg and Gates.

This is BIG news but the mainstream media is not covering it. The reason why? Again because this does not make Obama or the Democrats look good.

Many of these children are infected with contagious diseases. Border Agents are getting infected. Bodies of children are washing up on shore of the Rio Grande. Some are found in the desert. Something like 47 people found dead so far. Obama asks for 3.6 billion dollars. African-Americans are upset. Yet almost no coverage from CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN.

The top headlines on the www.DrudgeReport.com today is:

ANIMALS FEAST ON BODY OF DEAD MIGRANT...
REPORT: Feds to open $50 million resort to illegal children...
Homeless Upset Over LA Mayor Working To Provide Housing For Immigrants...
DEM REP: 'This is America. Our doors are open'...

http://www.examiner.com/article/mexico-made-deal-to-send-more-illegal-aliens-to-the-u-s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/09/mexican-train-derails-migrants_n_5572681.html

n the ground, border agents explain the situation in more conversational terms.“There’s been a dramatic, serious uptick beginning in January,” one border source told FoxNews.com. "We've never seen this before — unaccompanied alien children and big groups of families.”And in a twist, the cat-and-mouse game Border Patrol agents have played with illegal immigrants for decades has changed as their quarry no longer hides.“We used to chase after them; now they are chasing us,” one official said.
Many don’t make it across the river; multiple sources became emotional when recounting their discoveries of small, lifeless bodies washed up along the riverbank.Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants have flocked to the U.S. in recent months, believing the Dream Act, as well as a 2008 law that grants an asylum hearing to any child not from a border nation, and the White House policy known as “prosecutorial discretion” means once they arrive, they’ll never have to go back.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/night-time-on-border-endless-wave-illegal-immigrants-floods-rio-grande-valley/

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »

I think they should take them to Canada and Europe, along with all their illegal immigrant parents and leave them all there. They're all supposedly nice folks who keep telling us they like to socially take care of everyone in their countries.

Damn good idea!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

LOL, C'mon maxx...these guys just want their handout to get pumped and juiced up. Why spend 3.6 billions when they could be entitled for it instead?

The guy on the video was saying Obama is *going to go down* as the worst prez ever...someone please tell him, it's *gone down already*. We tried to warn the folks for the past 6 years but no one listened. Now many of them are crying the loudest...LOL.

$3.6 billions and they're complaining? LOL. They obviously do not know we spent close to $8-9 billion in Ukraine for instance  because we're simply nice folks and we swear we have no interest or aspirations in that country at all. We just like throwing money around.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:58:15 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 12:58:20 PM »

It is kinda funny isn't? When Jesse Jackson heard about Obama's request for 3.7 billion (correct amount) he said where is our cut? I read a comment someplace that likened the Black community as the long established wife being cast aside for the new trophy wife. The ones that know about this are getting pissed as you can see in the video above. The ones that don't know are probably going to be told by their victim leaders Jackson and Sharpton unless of course Obama buys them off.  Even America's homeless are getting into the act. L.A. Plan To Provide Housing Outrages Homeless...
Homeless activist Ted Hayes, who has lived in L.A. for three decades, opposes the idea, insisting there are American kids on city streets who need help first.“It’s kind of a slap in the face to U.S. citizens,” Hayes said. “It’s embarrassing. It’s hurtful. Because it’s like a father saying that he loves children outside of the family more than he loves his own.”“We feel for them,” Hayes continued. “We feel their pain. But we are feeling pain of our own children first.”

Obama sure is a lousy politician. All this happening right before the mid-terms. Perhaps the liberals in California will wise up and see where this is going?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:00:38 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »

It is amazing how little you guys know about this major story. I fault the mainstream media.

It is news because of the surge. 

Don't under estimate the membership.
If there are 'sanctuary cities' for illegals, I live in the tabernacle...Garland Texas.

But hey look at it this way...every illegal man and woman has had an average of 4 or 5 kids since they swam across. :welcome: amigos.
But here's the latest....

Harry Reid: The Border Is Secure----Tuesday during a press briefing, Senate Majority leader Harry Reid (D-NV) declared "the border is secure."
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/15/Harry-Reid-The-Border-Is-Secure

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:29:29 PM by tfcrew »

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »

Obama sure is a lousy politician. All this happening right before the mid-terms. 

Lousy? He won didn't he?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »
...The Border is Secured!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/15/Harry-Reid-The-Border-Is-Secure

LMAO!! America is really fcok big time with our current crop of politicians! LOL. She's a total mess...

Reading the comments on that site is encouraging knowing I'm not the only one blown away by the mess happening lately. Usually, the last 2 years of a two-term president is when you really see some funky stuff going on...but this one we have is a real dandy!

No wonder Putin had set up listening stations in Cuba...

maxx-

LA's bankrupt ten times over. So is our State. Between the unions and these illegals, we've been tapped to the gills, man. When Arizona, NM tried to enact a law re: illegal aliens - like cockroaches they all seemed to stampeded out to California to avoid those States' regulations.

LA's current mayor is an idiot with ambition to keep office due in large part of the massive Latino population we have in the city. This city went kaput the last two times it levied amnesty for the illegals then...only to be awaken to the birth of the MS13 gangs. He is even fighting federal regulations now regarding detained illegal immigrants...

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/government-and-politics/20140707/garcetti-los-angeles-to-reject-federal-governments-requests-to-detain-immigrants
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:06:25 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »

GQ, do you see one of the reasons why I want to expat? I am getting tired of being feed BS and told it's chocolate mousse.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
Our border security has been a running joke.  Many of the people here in S. CA have been disgusted for a long time about all the illegals that are overwhelming our systems.  It would not be hard to do what the people want and stop this from happening through a variety of measures, but obviously our govt. doesn't not care to take care of business.  We are too busy spending billions on various worldwide conflicts, which is also generally against the will of the people. 

If there is a need for millions of inexpensive foreign laborers then there needs to be a way to lawfully make that happen, but what has been happening for the last 3 decades is simple lawlessness.  People have lost respect for our govt. in a dangerous way, it is not just the illegals, the life long residents are fed up with the ineptness of this govt.   For the purpose of law and order we can't just crucify our 'representatives' but it is once again getting to the point where people may need to get out in the streets...it seems like that is the only way progress is made sometimes.   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Shadow

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »

Leave Europe out of it. We already got 250.000 Africans crossing the Mediterrenean on boats from Lybya due to there no longer being any border control since the country was made in to anarchy.
Add to that the possibility of some millions of Ukrainians....
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »
GQ, do you see one of the reasons why I want to expat? I am getting tired of being feed BS and told it's chocolate mousse.

LOL. I forgot to tell you before maxx...a few days ago, I learned that there are 15 ways one can use their EBT cards. Freakin' crazy, man! One of the things you can use your EBT card is to pay your bail! LMAO!!!'

We house them, we feed them, we make sure they're healthy, we educate them, we provide thoroughfare, we clothe them, we give them tax refunds even if they didn't pay taxes, we give them money for drugs (clinical & recreational), we give them monthly allowance, etc...then now, we also get to bail them out of jail!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/04/11/heroin-dealer-allegedly-posts-bail-with-his-ebt-card/

Are you sure you really want to leave our fine WTF society?

Leave Europe out of it. We already got 250.000 Africans crossing the Mediterrenean on boats from Lybya due to there no longer being any border control since the country was made in to anarchy.
Add to that the possibility of some millions of Ukrainians....

Aw c'mon Shadow...a couple million here and there can't be all that burdensome? We'll still have upwards of 20 million.

I'm surprised about Libya though. I thought we just recently spread our democracy in that country not too long ago..?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:52:04 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Shadow

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 01:55:01 AM »

Aw c'mon Shadow...a couple million here and there can't be all that burdensome? We'll still have upwards of 20 million.

I'm surprised about Libya though. I thought we just recently spread our democracy in that country not too long ago..?
Only 20 million? That is less than half the perentage of immigrants we have here.

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 05:43:38 AM »
Only 20 million? That is less than half the perentage of immigrants we have here.

Are you two comparing legals to legals, or illegals to illegals, or illegals to legals.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:45 AM »
Are you two comparing legals to legals, or illegals to illegals, or illegals to legals.
I could not count the legal immigrants within the USA as then the total would be around 310 million. ;D

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
The Native Americans may be expressing their doubt.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »

Nearly 90% of Illegal Immigrant 'Children' Are Teenagers....Nearly all of the illegal immigrant children who have been apprehended along the U.S.-Mexico border in the last two years have been teenagers.  According to a new Pew Research report, in fiscal year 2013, 91% of illegal immigrant "children" apprehended at the border were teenagers. Of the nearly 60,000 illegal immigrant "children" who were apprehended since October of last year, 84% have been teenagers.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/22/Pew-Research-Report-Nearly-90-of-Illegal-Immigrant-Children-Are-Teenagers

We've heard this..

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/13/border-patrol-change-diapers-heat-baby-formula/?page=all

What are they doing about the teens? Showing videos?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/01/us-ukraine-crisis-usa-aid-idUSKBN0G14SB20140801

This link talks about the 8 million dollars the USA just today decided to send to Ukraine for border guards.  I find it completely amazing that our govt. has the nerve to do such a thing when we have NOT passed (in both houses) a bill to fund OUR OWN BORDER, while we have 1000's coming through daily.  I don't feel represented or at all respected by our 'representatives'[size=78%]. [/size]

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541320
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701