It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone planning to visit the FSU this year?  (Read 13706 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Anyone planning to visit the FSU this year?
« on: April 11, 2021, 04:48:15 AM »
So I had hoped to get out to Ukraine in the next couple of months or so, but with the Virus and the Russian Threat both looming large out there it looks like that will likely be off at the very least till summer maybe even much later if at all. It looks instead that Belarus may be a possibility in terms of going to meet women. Their virus rates are 'officially' lower and as an ally of Putin they are probably safe from Russian offensives for now at least. Russia is theoretically a possibility but if they invade Ukraine then all travel there might be off plus visa stuff can be a lot of bother.

It has been said here that travel may become a possibility in May probably with a traffic light system of safer, less safe and not safe virus countries. I think it may end up depending in part on the virus infection rate in this country as lockdown is lifted. I get my second Astra Zenaca jab early June so for me it would be worthwhile waiting on for that and probably a couple of weeks after. I'm kind of busy till then so late June may suit me if any of this becomes possible.

I think in general the third world countries will be trailing the developed countries like the UK for some time in terms of vaccine rollout and booster top ups which will mean getting out to these countries may prove to be difficult so will have to see how it goes. Coronavirus is of course rampant in Brazil and that probably won't help the situation world wide.

Anyone else hoping to get out to the FSU this Spring/Summer?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Anyone planning to visit the FSU this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 06:23:13 AM »
Waiting until 2022.

Offline BBrides

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 06:30:23 AM »
Probably I will go with my wife and daughter to Ukraine in summer to the family. With a bit of luck we will have had our vaccinations and Covid should not be much of an issue anymore. I am not too worried about war with Russia either, maybe Putin is just trying out Biden a bit. If Putin wanted to take a chunk of Ukraine,  he would have done that when Trump was still president. And anyway he will not go further then Donbass.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:32:54 AM by BBrides »
www.beautifulbrides.eu - a 100% free Russian and Ukrainian dating website.

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 08:23:04 AM »
If Putin wanted to take a chunk of Ukraine,  he would have done that when Trump was still president.

I am not so sure:

1) Donald and Putin may have had a secret pact.  i.e. Don't harm each other personally.

2) Putin and Russia may have had a real fear of Donald.  i.e. Thought of him as unstable and unpredictable; much like Russia thought of Ronald many years earlier.  Don't disturb a sleeping dog.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 08:31:58 AM »
plus visa stuff can be a lot of bother.

What you meant to say was that it's not free, you are lazy and you
are still working on your remodeling project which will be done
after Christmas in 2025.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »
I am not so sure:

1) Donald and Putin may have had a secret pact.  i.e. Don't harm each other personally.

2) Putin and Russia may have had a real fear of Donald.  i.e. Thought of him as unstable and unpredictable; much like Russia thought of Ronald many years earlier.  Don't disturb a sleeping dog.

Good analysis.The little bear didn't want to take the risk to make mad the big eagle.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 01:01:15 PM »
With the UK releasing it's green list of countries to travel to and return without having to quarantine on return and allowing foreign travel for leisure purposes after 17th May this year there stands an off chance of travel to the FSU for us Brits.

This article tells us the green list is going to be updated every three weeks approximately:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/green-list-update-revealing-countries-24093657.amp

Currently Ukraine is on the Amber list but with official virus infections rapidly going down there it's possible it may be added to the green list. Hopefully infection rate won't go up there with the the Indian variant. Odds are there may be less risk of that with not a large Indian population in Ukraine. Will have to wait and see but hopefully it will make the green list.

Other than that quarantine on return but that could be more problematic for many of us, but hopefully we'll finally be able to get over there :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 01:10:45 PM »
... with the Virus and the Russian Threat both looming large .........
What Russian threat?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 01:15:12 PM »
  Don't disturb a sleeping dog.
What about Sleepy Joe?  ........ [taking his nap right about now after his cookies and milk]
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 02:51:32 PM »
I’m actually sat at the airport waiting to board a flight to Kyiv.  :)

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 02:28:14 AM »
So I arrived in Boryspil and everything was smooth. Passport control took about 15-20 mins and baggage was already on the belt when I got there.
There was a long queue of people waiting to get in to the airport so they must have been people travelling.

Everything seemed very normal. No masks required outdoors and the traffic was crazy busy. The road leading upto and around Bessarabskaya was snarled up as usual.
Weathers ok but rain expected this evening.
Trench, don't you wish you were here....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:59:32 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 05:55:35 AM »
The weather is very pleasant in Kyiv. Walking in Park Shevchenko this morning, lots of PYT’s out and about. Trench, you could practice your charms on the ladies.
It’s Europe Day today so lots of lovely sights all around.

Things look very normal, people out and about and shops open.
Of course, it’s wise to take precautions.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 07:15:20 AM »
Currently Ukraine is on the Amber list but with official virus infections rapidly going down there it's possible it may be added to the green list. Hopefully infection rate won't go up there with the the Indian variant. Odds are there may be less risk of that with not a large Indian population in Ukraine. Will have to wait and see but hopefully it will make the green list.

Other than that quarantine on return but that could be more problematic for many of us, but hopefully we'll finally be able to get over there :)

I have no clue about the rules between Ukraine and UK. If you get vaccinated
do the possibilities open up?
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Anyone planning to visit the FSU this year?
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 07:20:23 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:22:59 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 02:21:34 PM »
I have no clue about the rules between Ukraine and UK. If you get vaccinated
do the possibilities open up?

Good question Bill. Well theoretically after the 17th May people in the UK can travel just about anywhere I think for a holiday. Before 17th May it was just to visit family, business so only strictly necessary travel, I never really looked into it that much as with high virus cases here there and just about everywhere there really wasn't any point traveling unless strictly necessary anyway, then there was finding flights. I assume JG got into Ukraine because his wife is visiting family.

The big deal comes with what country you are visiting, do they require virus test, quarantine or more recent accept a vaccine passport. The basis on which airlines will accept you as a passenger is another issue. Then there is the return to the UK. If a country us on the Amber or Red list then you will have to quarantine for ten days, take tests etc. The UK gov was making people stay in an approved quarantine hotel if country was on the red list I think it was and the price could be extortionate, £1750 for the 10 days. That may still be the case with the red list countries.

At the moment Ukraine is on the Amber list, it's official infection rates have fallen but probably still need to come down more to reach the green list. I'm starting to wonder if they will. I believe otherwise it's a 10 day quarantine at home, not so bad if you work from home anyway, you just order food in, but if you have to go in to work and haven't taken extra holiday to cover the necessary quarantine then your employer isn't likely to be very pleased lol.

Vaccine passports do any with tests and could make the travel process smoother. They start this Monday the 17th so while there might be some teething problems hopefully it will make it smoother so as to avoid testing etc. You need to have both shots of the vaccine to get one so I won't be able to get one till early June when I get my second jab.

Main issue for me remains though on whether Ukraine makes the green list. I might be able to get the extra time of work but it's not an ideal situation. To date I have been using a lot of my holiday allowance on my house conversion so they'll be unpaid leave that I would be taking. My job I could only chuck in once I've got lodgers and even then it's not ideal in terms of scaling up with working on future developments.

So at the moment it's up in the air a bit, odds are I could get out there later in Summer but sooner would be nice. I'm onto a potential lead on Fdate she seems nice and no signs of concern. Early days but if things keep going ok I wouldn't mind going out to see her, so we shall see.

Offline brownbeard99

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »
D
If you are afraid of getting Covid-19, don’t come to Ukraine. The rules are a total joke. My girlfriend and I don’t care because we have both already had the virus. People cram into buses, restaurants and stores like sardines. When quarantine gets strict, you can still buy your way into most restaurants in the city center. People walk through the streets like everything is normal. The street markets away from the city center never closed.

When mask mandates are in effect. Virtually nobody covers their nose. Many people just wear a mask on their chin... including the security guards in front of buildings whose job it is to make sure people wear a mask.

The latest fashion trend in Kiev is to wear a designer mask... on your wrist.... not on your face. If you are coming from many places in America, you may have a huge culture shock.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 10:02:20 PM »
Good question Bill. Well theoretically after the 17th May people in the UK can travel just about anywhere I think for a holiday.

This just shows how little you know. You really ought to keep up with the current govt guidelines and restrictions.
Quote from: TC
Before 17th May it was just to visit family, business so only strictly necessary travel, I never really looked into it that much as with high virus cases here there and just about everywhere there really wasn't any point traveling unless strictly necessary anyway, then there was finding flights. I assume JG got into Ukraine because his wife is visiting family.

You’d be assuming wrong.
Quote from: TC

The big deal comes with what country you are visiting, do they require virus test, quarantine or more recent accept a vaccine passport. The basis on which airlines will accept you as a passenger is another issue. Then there is the return to the UK. If a country us on the Amber or Red list then you will have to quarantine for ten days, take tests etc. The UK gov was making people stay in an approved quarantine hotel if country was on the red list I think it was and the price could be extortionate, £1750 for the 10 days. That may still be the case with the red list countries.

At the moment Ukraine is on the Amber list, it's official infection rates have fallen but probably still need to come down more to reach the green list. I'm starting to wonder if they will. I believe otherwise it's a 10 day quarantine at home, not so bad if you work from home anyway, you just order food in, but if you have to go in to work and haven't taken extra holiday to cover the necessary quarantine then your employer isn't likely to be very pleased lol.

Vaccine passports do any with tests and could make the travel process smoother. They start this Monday the 17th so while there might be some teething problems hopefully it will make it smoother so as to avoid testing etc. You need to have both shots of the vaccine to get one so I won't be able to get one till early June when I get my second jab.

Main issue for me remains though on whether Ukraine makes the green list. I might be able to get the extra time of work but it's not an ideal situation. To date I have been using a lot of my holiday allowance on my house conversion so they'll be unpaid leave that I would be taking. My job I could only chuck in once I've got lodgers and even then it's not ideal in terms of scaling up with working on future developments.

So at the moment it's up in the air a bit, odds are I could get out there later in Summer but sooner would be nice. I'm onto a potential lead on Fdate she seems nice and no signs of concern. Early days but if things keep going ok I wouldn't mind going out to see her, so we shall see.

Lots of excuses from Trench but as usual no action.

How long have you been posting here TC? Lots of basement chatter from you as is usual but we all know you’re never going to walk the walk.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:59:01 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 02:20:54 AM »
I will move to FSU end of June and this summer.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 05:29:41 AM »
This just shows how little you know. You really ought to keep up with the current govt guidelines and restrictions.
You’d be assuming wrong.
Lots of excuses from Trench but as usual no action.

How long have you been posting here TC? Lots of basement chatter from you as is usual but we all know you’re never going to walk the walk.

Here is the guidance & lists from the UK Gov website:

http://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

While it says you should not travel to amber and red list countries it doesn't say you can't, you being in Ukraine JG is proof of this.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 05:56:40 AM »
Here is the guidance & lists from the UK Gov website:

http://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

While it says you should not travel to amber and red list countries it doesn't say you can't, you being in Ukraine JG is proof of this.
Not quite. I never said I travelled from the UK to Ukraine.
Also, it is illegal to travel abroad from the UK for holidays. I suggest you read up on the rules properly.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel
It is illegal to travel abroad from the UK for holidays. Follow current COVID-19 rules where you live: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

In England, you must have a permitted reason to travel abroad and complete the declaration form.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 06:58:39 AM »

In England, you must have a permitted reason to travel abroad and complete the declaration form.

I do have a permitted reason to travel abroad JG, I need to get with hotties :D

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 07:10:32 AM »
I do have a permitted reason to travel abroad JG, I need to get with hotties :D
I somehow don’t think that’s one of the exemptions, much as you’d like.
Best you stay and and get your fill of the ‘fatties’ around your council sink hole.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 08:09:57 AM »
I will move to FSU end of June and this summer.

Hope you start a thread speaking of your adventures settling in.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 10:35:20 AM »
Not quite. I never said I travelled from the UK to Ukraine.
Also, it is illegal to travel abroad from the UK for holidays. I suggest you read up on the rules properly.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel
It is illegal to travel abroad from the UK for holidays. Follow current COVID-19 rules where you live: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

If you look on the you gov site about the declaration form JG it will tell you:

"From 17 May 2021 you will not need to complete a declaration form to travel abroad."

That's tomorrow (Monday) which was what I was talking about. If you don't then need an exemption form you can in theory travel to any country but will need to quarantine, tests, etc depending on whether it is a amber or red list country you are returning from, green list you will not so long as it remains on the green list.

http://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2021, 01:22:20 PM »
If you look on the you gov site about the declaration form JG it will tell you:

"From 17 May 2021 you will not need to complete a declaration form to travel abroad."

That's tomorrow (Monday) which was what I was talking about. If you don't then need an exemption form you can in theory travel to any country but will need to quarantine, tests, etc depending on whether it is a amber or red list country you are returning from, green list you will not so long as it remains on the green list.

http://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel

Trench, I was stating the rules as is.
Even with the relaxation from tomorrow:
People should not travel to amber countries, the government says, but from 17 May it will no longer be illegal.

Travel is getting expensive Trench, with all the tests etc one has to do at both ends.
I doubt you’ll afford it.
Anyway, just to cheer you up, I’m at MaccyD’s near Metro Tolstoya. It’s heaving with hotties.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:25:30 PM by John Gaunt »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843