It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Last trip to Ukraine  (Read 14310 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Last trip to Ukraine
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2020, 07:10:10 AM »
Forgot to say that I get what you are saying for sure if a guy works out, gets a toned physique then buys some decent quality reasonably expensive threads to put on that bod many FSW will start seeing him as prospect and not prey. It's a case of no longer putting lipstick on a pig as some guys might say here.

It's probably something a lot of guys can't emulate easy. A lot of guys can go in a pay a few hundred pounds or dollars for an expensive wardrobe but be lacking in physique. I'm not one of those fat dudes I'm an everyday average build type of guy but to date not much in the way of muscle even though I do some physical exercise.

I'm guessing that I would have to bring the gym more into my way of life so I can pace it a bit and do it as a way of leisure to get in the amount required. I'll try and or more time to doing it from home as I've got a bench and weights and don't fancy going to the gym at the moment for virus reasons. I think that's the best way of trying to up my efforts there atm and try and make it a long term thing.

Oh the Brexit stuff and posting here I generally just do during rest time when knackered. I'm guessing you're making more than $200 a month now you built your business up.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2020, 08:15:15 AM »

Myself I work 30 hours a week in my job then I spend long weekends converting my one bed house into a three bed house for rental. That should be done in the next few months.
You’ve been saying this for some years now!!!!
Are you ever going to finish?
Quote from: TC
Apart from rental income when I get it in the conversion plus bring in an area outside the cities (virus uplift) means I am probably on course for an uplift in property price of approximately £100k over the original price though minus costs if materials if that so perhaps £70-80k uplift for three years or so work (tax free).

Hmmm, so you’re hoping for an increase in house valuation of £100k.  :deadhorse:

Even if you have a nominal increase in your property value it’s just a paper exercise unless you sell. So no gain for Trench.
You’ve mentioned doing all the work yourself so so no adherence to building regs, certifying any electrical work etc.
Better not tell your house insurer, especially if you’re taking in lodgers.
This is Trench LaLa Land.

Main thing is I will have rooms to rent out so that will give me more scope.
So how much income are you hoping to realise from renting rooms. £100 per week inclusive?
That’s £10400 annually less bills. Take away £3000 for council tax, utilities, insurance pa
(I’m being generous here) which leaves £7400 annually which gives Trench under £600 pm. I haven’t included taxable income over £7500 which is the threshold so that leaves even less. Of course, knowing Trench he’ll probably charge rent at just the level to avoid paying any tax so if we factor that in, it’s an income of
less than £350 pm.
At the moment staying in work is more pressing. I count myself lucky that I'm not one of those being made unemployed.
Living on the poverty line as you do, one can see why.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:10:34 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »
You’ve been saying this for some years now!!!!
Are you ever going to finish?
Hmmm, so you’re hoping for an increase in house valuation of £100k.  :deadhorse:
Even if you have a nominal increase in your property value it’s just a paper exercise unless you sell. So no gain for Trench.
You’ve mentioned doing all the work yourself so so no adherence to building regs, certifying any electrical work etc.
Better not tell your house insurer, especially if you’re taking in lodgers.
This is Trench LaLa Land.
So how much income are you hoping to realise from renting rooms. £100 per week inclusive?
That’s £10400 annually less bills. Take away £3000 for council tax, utilities, insurance pa
(I’m being generous here) which leaves £7400 annually which gives Trench under £600 pm. I haven’t included taxable income over £7500 which is the threshold so that leaves even less. Of course, knowing Trench he’ll probably charge rent at just the level to avoid paying any tax so if we factor that in, it’s an income of
less than £350 pm. Living on the poverty line as you do, one can see why.

Wrong on all counts JG. A property that has increased substantially in value can be used to buy another property or money invested elsewhere by use of a mortgage.

Building regs apply for work to existing buildings but alteration work may be carried out without inspection so long as it's to the building regs standard. It's generally down to the homeowner to apply for an inspection. Many old houses are often nowhere near building regs standard being constructed way back. Some have been changed but by bit over time as they pass from owner to owner, do you think they have ever been inspected?

I would of course get an electrician in at the end to any necessary work and to certify it.

Tax is dependent on whether still working. If not I can use my personal tax allowance of £12.5k.

Admittedly this won't bring in vast sums but it will make me more financially independent and hence able to spend more time on other ventures that may bring in more money. We're not all born rich you know ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:10:53 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
Wrong on all counts JG. A property that has increased substantially in value can be used to buy another property or money invested elsewhere by use of a mortgage.
Oh really.
Maybe in Tralalaland one can expect a £100k increase in a property’s valuation by converting a 1 bed terraced to a 3 bed.
Even with a nominal increase in valuation it’s all paper money. As for expecting to remortgage and buy other property, what bank is going lend with no cash deposit and an annual income like yours.
I’d love to be a fly on the wall at your meeting with your bank manager when you apply for that mortgage!!!
Building regs apply for work to existing buildings but alteration work may be carried out without inspection so long as it's to the building regs standard. It's generally down to the homeowner to apply for an inspection. Many old houses are often nowhere near building regs standard being constructed way back. Some have been changed but by bit over time as they pass from owner to owner, do you think they have ever been inspected?
Of course, I don’t know exactly what renovation/conversion work you are doing but my understanding of the building regs is that there are several areas such structural alterations or drainage, even reroofing, rendering/replastering are covered by the regs so it’s not as simple as you would have us believe.
I would of course get an electrician in at the end to any necessary work and to certify it.
One would hope you wouldn’t be such a tightwad so as to ignore basic safety norms.
Tax is dependent on whether still working. If not I can use my personal tax allowance of £12.5k.
I suggest you do some reading about income from lodgers and tax on such income.

Admittedly this won't bring in vast sums
You’re certainly right about that.
but it will make me more financially independent
Now you’re back in LaLaLand.
and hence able to spend more time on other ventures that may bring in more money. We're not all born rich you know ;)
Perhaps if you spent less time in LaLaLand and more time working and earning a decent income you could actually make a difference.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:09:20 PM by AnonMod »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Last trip to Ukraine
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »
I spend long weekends converting my one bed house into a three bed house for rental.
That should be done in the next few months. That should hopefully allow me more time
for gym. I do all of the work on my house myself but while this involves some heavy
lifting it tends not to equate to enough of a work out I think as there is technical
working out and lighter work mixed in. Hence I am usually knackered by the end
of it too much so to do the gym.

Trench,

You are making excuses. You work a grueling 30 hours per week. Hahahahaha!
If you work any 30 hour days, take that day off, otherwise you should be at the
gym AND learning Russian AND improving your income AND improving your
future earning potential. The more you work out the less knackered you will be.

If a girl starts making excuses dump her immediately since she isn't serious enough
about you or motivated enough to pursue.

This forum is many things but excuses tend to fall on deaf ears. Be a man of action!
Not a man of excuses.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2020, 02:12:43 PM »
Trench,

If a girl starts making excuses dump her immediately since she isn't serious enough

This forum is many things but excuses tend to fall on deaf ears. Be a man of action!
Not a man of excuses.

+3
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »
Trench,

Not a man of excuses.

That's a funny postcard Bill I like it! :D

Well, funny as it may seem I did get an idea for a website business today to try to boost my income and give me more independent income. It's something I can do within my existing schedule so shouldn't conflict with existing tasks too much. I'll try and start cracking on it this week :) Don't worry it's not teaching English, decided that I would pass on that one unless no other option lol. The gym stuff I will just have to try and get some time in at home which I've struggled too at the moment but here's hoping. When my schedule eases up a bit I will replace it with more gym stuff, till then the lifting work doing up my house will have to suffice.

Learning Russian I want to get going on again and think I might be able to fit some in at night after working on my house. I can lay in bed and follow the tape on it. I'll give that all a bash and let you know how it goes ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3207
Most Online Ever: 12701