It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Pretend you are single and a WM is coming to visit you.  How long before you decide if you like him?

Seconds
1 (5.6%)
A few minutes
3 (16.7%)
A few hours
3 (16.7%)
A day or two
3 (16.7%)
A week or more
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: OK here is a poll for the ladies  (Read 17423 times)

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: OK here is a poll for the ladies
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 08:57:28 PM »
I altered the poll, sorry it was my 1st time.  hehe i hope too many guys didn't vote to see the results.  I like this ladies forum, I am putting it to good use.

btw i can read Russian, Kvinna of course I meant "нравится" and not how long it is to trust.  To trust a man is after you've made the decision to try with him, which means you like him.  But it brings up something that I've noticed in my pursuits, that it takes a while to earn trust internationally.

Why all the talk on physical?  Of course men put a higher priority on appearance Jack but that isn't something we focus on when looking for a wife.   I have to agree with Kvinna...

Mirror, you are correct!

That was fun translating, I learned a few new words. ИМХО LOL!

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 09:48:33 PM »
btw i can read Russian, Kvinna of course I meant "нравится" and not how long it is to trust.  To trust a man is after you've made the decision to try with him, which means you like him.  But it brings up something that I've noticed in my pursuits, that it takes a while to earn trust internationally.

I have to disagree, if a woman doesn't trust a man she hardly even accept to meet him for coffee. If you don't trust you hardly could like someone
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 01:02:42 AM »

btw i can read Russian, Kvinna of course I meant "нравится" and not how long it is to trust.  To trust a man is after you've made the decision to try with him, which means you like him.  

Trust comes not after but before a decision to try with him.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline mirror

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 01:22:20 AM »

it is a credit of trust. After some period we can say ...yes, I trust you.

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 03:42:03 AM »
DKMM
To trust a man is after you've made the decision to try with him, which means you like him.  But it brings up something that I've noticed in my pursuits, that it takes a while to earn trust internationally

Kvinna
I have to disagree, if a woman doesn't trust a man she hardly even accept to meet him for coffee. If you don't trust you hardly could like some one

Lily

How can you trust a man before you meet him?

Simply you don’t know him, despite any communication you may had by e-mails, phone calls or on conference on Camera. You only get some positive vibes about him and you like him, as DKMM said.

You built trust only when you had time to get to know him.

Offline Lily

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 05:18:51 AM »
Sorry, I should have made myself more clear than that. :)

By 'trying with him' I meant not the first meeting but a decision to go some farther with him.

Probably a meeting for coffee could happen before any trust is built, yes.

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »
Probably a meeting for coffee could happen before any trust is built, yes.

А как это вы с ним пойдете попить кофейку, если не чувствуете расположение?
Расположение прежде кофе... а расположенеие - это ведь не только физическая привлекательность. Доверие может быть на разных уровнях, на уровне интуиции в том числе
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Lily

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
by trust I meant доверие, not расположение  :)

кофеек в данном случае повод для личного знакомства, не более...

Offline Nat

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 11:37:25 AM »
I answered “A week or more”. To be more precise, I would be able to tell if I like a man (not like a friend, but like a man), only after seeing him in real life and spending certain time with him – I mean, going to the cinema, walking, chatting and, well, behaving like friends, in order to let friendship develop into something more romantic :) May be that’s why I stopped my attempts to date internationally – I can’t say, if I feel something towards a man, whom I’ve seen only for several days in real life. Long mailing and phone chats can help to establish a good friendship, but as for love... I’m not sure. Theoretically, may be yes, but I haven’t had such experience yet :)

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »
by trust I meant доверие, not расположение  :)

кофеек в данном случае повод для личного знакомства, не более...

а бывет расположение без доверия?
Если тупро про нравится, это должна быть случайна встреча, шли шли и увидели друг друга нежданно негаданно. И решение потратить на мужчину полчаса приходит не потому что он красавчЕГ, а потому что там есть нечто большее ИМХО

Offline Lily

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »
Kvinna,

we are not talking here about occasional encounters right on streets as you suggested.

We mean making the initial 'getting to know' each other by correspondence and phone calls. At this stage, the woman and the man came to conclusion that it makes sense to meet on person, that there may be a chance, a possibility to like each other in person and may be more.

You are absolutely right that people spend half an hour on a personal meeting because there is a possibility for more.

Offline olena

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 09:57:03 AM »
A week or more  :)

Offline WmGO

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »
Ok, same question but instead of "like" him ask "romantically interested" in him.

Regardless, I think that it is interesting that almost 50% said either in minutes or a day or two in regards to "like" which I assume means "romantically interested"..........

Offline Lily

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »
Ok, same question but instead of "like" him ask "romantically interested" in him.

Regardless, I think that it is interesting that almost 50% said either in minutes or a day or two in regards to "like" which I assume means "romantically interested"..........

Could you please explain the difference between "liking" and "being romantically interested"?

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 09:24:06 PM »
For me, it took less than 3 mintues....

But Marina answered the poll as...  a week or more!

So much for our chemistry  :D  LOL

Offline MaxxumUSA

• Back in the game!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
For me and Elena it took only a few days to know we wanted a very serious relationship.

BUT...  for physical appearance...  Boy, I hope she does not read this post of mine.

The first time I saw her she was smiling SO MUCH that her face almost looked freaky with her cheaks puffed up.  My first thought was that she looked nothing like her photo and I just traveled 5,500 miles to find this out.  I had just flown for 24 hours so I was not shaven, had no sleep, and I'm sure I smelled fairly bad.  I could tell she was real nervous waiting for me based on a few things.

The first few minutes were a bit nerve racking to say the least.

We went on our first date after she picked me up at the airport and I checked into the hotel room.  Sushi for dinner.  Of all the things.  Fantastic.  I can't use chopsticks!  I think all russian people use them perfectly.  I had to look like a complete fool dickering around with those silly sticks.  She asks the waitress for a fork...  because I spoke NO russian at all my first trip.  Another first impression to show I'm a dummy.  But I showed her good old american tenacity and foolishness.  I refused the fork and let her teach me how to use the chopsticks.  I would not stop using them until I had it down.

We were both nervous and uncomfortable.  At least at this point she was starting to relax and I was able to see how truly beautiful this woman is physically.  What class she showed as she taught me to use those chopsticks.  She treated me with respect and allowed my manhood to be in tact when translating for me to people.  What a great woman she proved herself to be in short order.

That was basically our first hours.  I HIGHLY doubt if you asked her after that first date what she thought of me that she would say, "He's the man of my dreams." 

But...  THEN we go back to her flat.  I had brought an Al Green CD.  Al serenaded her as I stole her heart.  We both opened up and talked, touched, and just got close for a couple hours.  (NOT sex)  It was only after relaxing that we connected. 

We spent the next few days together.  I would say we connected completely by the second day and I would say she would agree.

As for writing and webcams...  this is good in some ways.  For me and Elena this is our lifeline.  We spend 1/2 hour to one hour daily webcamming.  But it's not even close to being in person.  When I am in person with people we are usually laughing, having a good time, joking around.  But I type very serious most of the time.  This comes from a business background and the ability to type quickly I think.  Webcamming I loosen up a bit more, but it's not the same as giving her a friendly tickle when she needs a little smile on her face.

For the record I did make a second trip to visit Elena.  First three weeks in April.  All of those feelings from the first trip were confirmed and we were like peas and carrots as Forrest would say.  I proposed on the third day of my second trip.  :)

OK...  I know this was a poll for ladies...  But hey, it's 2:40 in the morning and I can't sleep so I'm here just a typing away.  Deal with it!  LOL

Back to having fun in life!

Offline WmGO

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007, 12:39:46 PM »
Lily,

I am sure that in your poll "like" is used as the same as "romatically interested". Don't worry. The Yin and Yang are ok :)

I do think the poll shows the strengths and weaknesses of WMVM, at least arguably. Obviously a stregth of WMVM  is half the women will write the man off within 24 hours. The weakness is that for the other half of the woman it will take some days to know.

I think that between the possibility that a man can decide in minutes or hours or one day that he has no interest and a woman can do the same............ultimately WMVM makes more sense.....FWIW...........

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701