It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: RW with Children  (Read 26480 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: RW with Children
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2007, 01:09:58 PM »
Yes, William, I read the suggestion to bribe a corrupt official and get the father's name struck from the BC and I was reminded of all the other hairbrained schemes I've seen espoused for side stepping the immigration rules.  Everyone should be smart enough to know that there aren't any shortcuts, if that's their game, then those birds will sooner or later come home to roost.  As already mentioned the solder's widow who is in the process of removal because they did something dumb.  They thought they had out smarted the rules, guess what??? 

Offline Thor

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
Yes, William, I read the suggestion to bribe a corrupt official and get the father's name struck from the BC and I was reminded of all the other hairbrained schemes I've seen espoused for side stepping the immigration rules.  Everyone should be smart enough to know that there aren't any shortcuts, if that's their game, then those birds will sooner or later come home to roost.  As already mentioned the solder's widow who is in the process of removal because they did something dumb.  They thought they had out smarted the rules, guess what??? 

There is a lot of shortcuts in the Ukrainian soceity, it is all about money ;), and of course know the rigth peoples...

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2007, 02:36:33 PM »
since you are repeating yourself, I will, too. You can change all the Ukrainian papers that you want but immigration fraud for the US and child abduction under the conventions gets you nowhere on your fake papers. Using such papers for immigration to this country can have serious consequences.

Your advice is a) unsound and b) criminal.

Dont try this at home, folks!!!!

I thought you were a straight up kind of guy, Thor. Guess I was mistaken.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2007, 02:50:40 PM »
I thought you were a straight up kind of guy, Thor. Guess I was mistaken.

I do recognize Thor's enthusiasm..

..but IIRC there are no kids involved in his relationship.

Thus, 'practice what you preach' does not apply.

Yes, beware.

Offline Gator

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »

Thor,

WmIII is an attorney and can not advocate anything illegal even if it is the way of life in Ukraine. 

If you stay in Ukraine a long time, you need to ground truth your moral compass periodically.

Bribing officials is often necessary to receive contracts with foreign governments and companies.  And while the French may do that, American companies can not.  In fact, the US has felony laws forbidding it, and some people have got into a lot of trouble.

Offline Thor

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 03:23:14 PM »
Thor,

WmIII is an attorney and can not advocate anything illegal even if it is the way of life in Ukraine. 

If you stay in Ukraine a long time, elony laws forbidding it

Bribing officials is often necessary to receive contracts with foreign governments and companies.  And while the French may do that, American companies can not.  In fact, the US has felony laws forbidding it, and some people have got into a lot of trouble.

Gator,

In my country felony laws forbidding it too :). I understand all your statements about this topic guys.

Yes you need to ground the moral compass sometimes Gator. I totally understand that change official papers when it comes to a child where the father in FSU have been present and taking part in the child's growing up. Then I never would fake the papers of course. Infackt I would Coriss the child to stay in touch with the father and this part of the family!!!

BUT, when it comes to cases where the father left the girl when he found out that she was pregnant or just after the child was born because he did not want to loose his freedom I would understand if the girl put father unknown on the papers. I have heard about such cases where the father claims money when he smells easy money because his ex girlfriend have a relashionship with a forreign man. This is a bit typical mentality in the FSU...

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »
BUT, when it comes to cases where the father left the girl when he found out that she was pregnant or just after the child was born because he did not want to loose his freedom I would understand if the girl put father unknown on the papers. I have heard about such cases where the father claims money when he smells easy money because his ex girlfriend have a relashionship with a forreign man. This is a bit typical mentality in the FSU...

No, this is the typical mentality of men who would behave this way toward their girlfriend and child.

Offline Thor

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
No, this is the typical mentality of men who would behave this way toward their girlfriend and child.

I meant typical to claim money, not typical that FSU men ackt like this to FSU girls...

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
Thor I think you're painting with too broad a brush here.  Maybe typical of your acquaintenances, but not mine.  And no, it's really not all about money in the FSU.

Offline wxman

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »
If the man/woman is willing to lie, bribe, forge, with their own flesh and blood (child),  they will not have a problem doing it to their spouse in the future. Shortcuts do not lead to success, just to future failure. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2263
Total: 2274

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM