It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 302600 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #650 on: October 13, 2018, 02:41:09 PM »
It's probably something like 'ghee'. Ghee is a type of clarified butter. It's very popular in India and has made its way into cooking in the Middle East, Russia and many of the ethnic food stores in the US.

Never seen that brand in Russian food stores in NYC but seen something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghee

I hope it is ghee. Ghee is safe for me to eat on a Keto diet. 8 weeks on Keto and my waking blood glucose levels are in the 80s. Which means I kicked diabetes. This is pretty amazing to me! My doctors in the US never gave me hope that this could happen. They said to me I had a chronic condition and I should accept that my life would not be long. It is pretty depressing to believe you are on your last decade of life.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #651 on: October 13, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »
Could somebody tell me what this is? I found it in the cooking oil section of the grocery store I go to.

Melted vegetable butter.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #652 on: October 13, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
Melted vegetable butter.
If it's ghee it's not vegetable but clarified butter from India and other Asian regions. In Tibet it is obtained from yak milk, and used also for illumination.

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #653 on: October 13, 2018, 05:08:21 PM »

Ghee is safe for me to eat on a Keto diet. 8 weeks on Keto and my waking blood glucose levels are in the 80s.

I hope Ghee is healthy. My wife just bought a 3.5 lbs/1.6kg jar of Ghee last week. That's a lot of Ghee to bring me a lot of glee.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #654 on: October 13, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »
Melted vegetable butter.

Does it say vegetable?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #655 on: October 13, 2018, 05:34:23 PM »
I hope Ghee is healthy.

Ghee, butter, cream, sour cream and yogurt comes from fat, the good kind of fat. They do not make your blood sugar spike. I put heavy whipping cream in my coffee instead of milk. Cream does not raise my blood sugar like milk does. The fat in the cream suppresses the insulin glucose reaction. Milk because it is low in fat makes the blood glucose (sugar) rise. The key to fat loss is keeping your insulin levels low. A diet high in fat, medium in protein and low in carbohydrates (Keto/Paleo) keeps your insulin levels low. I was injecting myself daily with insulin to make up the extra my pancreas couldn't provide to do the job. Now I am off of insulin and am getting normal blood glucose level readings of a non diabetic. I have energy I haven'r felt in years. And I am losing weight. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #656 on: October 13, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »

Google translate of ghee:
топленое масло

What is the other word?  Pact-something?

Offline siberia

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #657 on: October 13, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »

Google translate of ghee:
топленое масло

What is the other word?  Pact-something?
I think I told you up above, Warm Vegetable Oil, it is NOT any type of butter. Show us the photo of the back of it, so we can help more. The word you asked about is vegetable.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:21:33 PM by siberia »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Thanks Siberia. I am glad that is clear. When I get to Batumi I am going to find a source for butter and ghee from grass fed cows. About the only healthy oil here is olive oil. Each type of oil has different uses and limitations. I am getting into cooking in a big way. Yesterday I was at a store that sells industrial equipment for restaurants. I am getting equipped for a small food business for tourists. I plan on starting out micro small and see where it goes.

I got a nice set of knives, pots, pans and a small 3 liter deep frier.

I tried to photograph the back but the print is so small my camera can't photograph it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:56:24 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #659 on: October 14, 2018, 12:44:52 AM »

I hope it is ghee. Ghee is safe for me to eat on a Keto diet. 8 weeks on Keto and my waking blood glucose levels are in the 80s. Which means I kicked diabetes. This is pretty amazing to me! My doctors in the US never gave me hope that this could happen. They said to me I had a chronic condition and I should accept that my life would not be long. It is pretty depressing to believe you are on your last decade of life.
Congrats Maxx! With discipline your health can keep on improving. Do you also measure your iron and testosterone levels?

Offline rwd123

« Reply #660 on: October 14, 2018, 12:50:39 AM »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #661 on: October 14, 2018, 02:49:37 AM »
Congrats Maxx! With discipline your health can keep on improving. Do you also measure your iron and testosterone levels?

No, but I do plan on regularly giving blood to get the iron level lower. The T levels I haven't thought of. I know higher levels help in muscle growth. But I remember reading it is not a good idea to try and boost them for an older man. Something about the cancer risk. I haven't studied it yet.

I have done the various fasts. Such as wet, dry and intermittent fasting.  I am planning to do a 30 hour dry fast to trigger autophagy every three months (I just did). And continue the 24 hour wet fasts twice a week. I almost never eat in the morning so I'm intermittent fasting. Once a week I do heavier carb loading of healthy foods to break things up and not get adapted.

I don't find doing this fasting routine any too hard. Today is the completion of Week 8, plus one day of my diet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:51:59 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #662 on: October 14, 2018, 02:53:28 AM »
You don't want vegetable oil. Avoid.

http://roguehealthandfitness.com/category/vegetable-oils/

I really know that!

In general, then, avoid the following oils:

corn
    • safflower
    • sunflower
    • soybean (the most common processed food additive)
    • peanut – something of an exception since peanuts have a lot of oil, but it’s high in omega-6 fats
    • nut oils
    • cottonseed
    • canola or rapeseed.
    • And I shouldn’t need to add, but I will margarine
    • shortening.
    • Wikipedia lists an astounding number of vegetable (seed) oils, so the above isn’t an inclusive list.
    • If an oil wasn’t used before the late 19th or early 20th century, then a good rule of thumb is to avoid it. Fats and oils that our ancestors used are, in general, healthy.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:59:07 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline MarinaSirena

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #663 on: October 14, 2018, 08:11:49 AM »
Some kind of vegetable oil.  (i think it means warm vegetable oil)
its a shit. It's not healthy. Just put it in your garbage. And forget.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #664 on: October 14, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »
its a shit. It's not healthy. Just put it in your garbage. And forget.

If vegetable oils are to be avoided, what oils should we be cooking with?

I know there's a lot of information going around that nearly everything is bad for us but what experts aren't telling us is that we are living longer than our grandparents who ate more organic healthier foods than we do.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #665 on: October 14, 2018, 11:17:31 AM »
My bad earlier.

It is melted vegetable oil; not melted vegetable butter.

масло is butter, but the word on bottle was маслA which is oil in Tajik.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:29:52 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #666 on: October 15, 2018, 08:18:47 AM »

I know there's a lot of information going around that nearly everything is bad for us but what experts aren't telling us is that we are living longer than our grandparents who ate more organic healthier foods than we do.

For the Keto diet it would be olive oil, coconut oil, animal lard and butter. Most everything the doctors taught about avoiding fat is false. At one time not long ago avocados were to be avoided because of their high fat content. Now we know they have the good kind of fat and are very good for us. I try an eat one a day.

The Psalms written a three thousand years ago says, "The days of man are 70 years. With special mightiness 80 years, but their days are full of troubles."  (from memory)

Psalm 90:10

New American Standard Bible As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, Or if due to strength, eighty years, Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; For soon it is gone and we fly away.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #667 on: October 15, 2018, 10:18:22 AM »

BillyB-

That's a misleading statement. There are referential reports that state mankind IS living longer when compared to yesteryears. But clinical/medical achievements in recent past should not be interpreted as a pass to ignore your dietary awareness. Science after all is an evolving acquirement of knowledge. Bacterial/viral diseases that used to cause numerous untimely deaths have dramatically decreased untimely fatalities worldwide, but another factoid is heart disease/stroke is still the leading cause of death globally.

It isn't the butter that's produced that is the problem, it is the cows that are hormonally assisted to produce the dairy ingredient that is.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:22:36 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #668 on: October 15, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »

It isn't the butter that's produced that is the problem, it is the cows that are hormonally assisted to produce the dairy ingredient that is.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #669 on: October 15, 2018, 11:18:26 AM »

I am with Moby on this. Thumbs up to that statement.

One my list of things to get when I get to Batumi is a source for grass fed cow butter and ghee. It shouldn't be hard to find. Every time I drive to the 3 cites along the Black Sea south of Batumi I got to dodge cows walking on the road. There is always a herdsman or herdswoman there. And I've seen women leading a single milk cow. I bet they would LOVE to have an American willing to buy their butter and ghee at American prices . :D

Price comparison.

Thanks GQ for the suggestion of drinking a little lemon juice in the morning.

I have no idea the cost of lemons in America verses that of Georgia.

I remember American lemons are bigger, have much thicker skins and are less blemished on the outside.

12 lemons. 2.88 pounds, 1.34 Kilos. $1.18 total cost for above or 41 cents a pound
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:20:13 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »

Thanks GQ for the suggestion of drinking a little lemon juice in the morning.

I remember American lemons are bigger, have much thicker skins and are less blemished on the outside.

12 lemons. 2.88 pounds, 1.34 Kilos. $1.18 total cost for above or 41 cents a pound

SC makes me drink Lemon juice in the morning .... and occasionally ground gloves - she says it "kills parasites".. certainly makes me choke ...She stands over me and checks I've drunk / eaten her meds ))

Lemons are much more expensive in the UK than in the US / RU  - but are the same 'perfect' ( blemish free skins) as the US..

We grow 'em in the garden in Cyprus ... much tastier and thinner skins

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2018, 11:28:03 AM »

cost for above or 41 cents a pound

I decided to answer my own question. I googled it

This timeline depicts the retail price of lemons in the United States from 1995 to 2017. In that year, the U.S. price for one pound of lemons amounted to 1.99 U.S. dollars.

Maxx: So about a 5th of the cost.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #672 on: October 15, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
SC makes me drink Lemon juice in the morning .... and occasionally ground gloves - she says it "kills parasites".. certainly makes me choke ...She stands over me and checks I've drunk / eaten her meds ))

That means she loves you. I've known Russian women who have encouraged their husband's life shortening behavior. The good ones take care of their men.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #673 on: October 15, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »
It's more like 'lemon water' as oppose to 'juice', maxx...best if drank first thing in the morning with warm water before anything.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #674 on: October 15, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »
It's more like 'lemon water' as oppose to 'juice', maxx...best if drank first thing in the morning with warm water before anything.

My wife swears on warm lemon water, but she likes lime water too
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM