It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Transit visa  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Transit visa
« on: January 27, 2005, 04:07:14 PM »
Well after playing around on the Delta site and finding that places like Costa Rica, the Domincan Republic  and Jamaica don't require visas or issue them on the spot for a small fee. I started looking at flights from Moscow to those places.    Puerto Plata DR and San Jose Costa Rica look like the best options.   I can get a ticket for her for just under a grand.   i guess $ 900 or so.

There is a 10 hour layover at JFK going and a three hour layover at Miami coming back for her.   Anyone know if Transit visas are much of a problem?   Anyone know what I would have to do?   Thanks guys, you are very helpful.   I am glad I found this site.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Transit visa
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 09:16:57 AM »
Transit visas are not SUPPOSE to be a problem.  However, allow me to share my expereince.  I was flying my girl to meet me in the Dominican Republic.  She flew to JFK and then on to Santo Domingo.  But at JFK she had a MAJOR problem.  The airline in Moscow had not provided her the proper documents and the officials at JFK decided to send her back to Moscow!  Fortunately, my girl was a translator and spoke excellent English and was able to save herself.  Next time, I avoided landing her in the US.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Bruno

Transit visa
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:46:19 AM »
Maybe you can try to find a other flight with a transit in Europa... the transit zone in European airport is international zone... don't need a transit visa when stay in the zone... only when you go outside the transit zone , you need a transit visa...

For America, you have for type of transit visa ( C1, TWOV, C2, C3 ). FSU woman can use the TWOV ( Transit without visa )...

For more information : http://www.immihelp.com/visas/transit.html

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Transit visa
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 04:16:18 PM »
Turboguy...I have been to both places and both are great choices.  If you go to Costa Rica, let me know and I can recommend some places to see and places to stay.  And in private, I can tell you about our climb up an active volcano and our erotic experience there!!!
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM