It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Nano's thread  (Read 30775 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Nano's thread
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »
gawd Jones, I remember someone saying almost those same rough and woeful words to me in second grade....
gol-ly!, I guess I better be careful around someone so quick witted as you

You're absolutely right.  I was speaking to a second grader.  No finesse.  No thoughtful remarks.  And mostly vile responses.  Time for you to grow up.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Nano's thread
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2019, 11:18:45 PM »
She didn't start this thread.  Bill did.

Yes, I started this thread.

My hope was that she could have a place to tell about her
side of things as a woman who is seeking happiness. Men
might possibly learn a bit along the way. I see that is very
unlikely now.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2019, 11:34:10 PM »
Yes, I started this thread.

My hope was that she could have a place to tell about her
side of things as a woman who is seeking happiness. Men
might possibly learn a bit along the way. I see that is very
unlikely now.

Let's hope Nano is waiting for the testosterone levels to settle..;)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2019, 05:06:11 AM »
It's started like this from Nano :Introductions and Ice-Breaker / Searching from Russia for international dating « on: November 02, 2017, 07:25:29 AM »   I am seraching from Russia for international dating. Maybe this forum can help me more understand man's side point of view and crosscultures tradition. I just in seach for now.

Two years after did she make some progress? VOPROC QUESTION

1/ In 2011 i met a lady i really liked and stopped asap not only to meet other women but also get back in France. Several well known members told me to not do such things and continue to date.
I didn't LISTEN them and this story was a failure.   

2/ IN 2019, recently, a lady i was meeting was aiming a travel for an other man in Italy. I started to be mad and write stupid things. Some members (don't remember who exactly) told me to hold my horses.  I thank them again.
I LISTENED them and so now we meet in 14 days. It could lead to a long term relationship, maybe.

3/ My female friend of 57 had never had a problem to date men (twice married) and she has never cared about what men could think or do, because she was enough pretty to get a large court of available men. But now age matters her look and less men are answering, additionnaly she has personal jealous type problem in relationship.
Result : two months of relationship i know her in two years and depression just after the breakup.Why she so blindly damned likes me and trusts me so she can give me her son or keys of her house or ask me to write to the guy she is mad of a letter to come back in desesperation?
WHY? Because i tell her the truth. And no the BS that her other female friends are giving to her usually. 

Examples of the real life:
SHE : i really like this man but he is not serious he continues to date other women. 
Women traditionnal BS : men are all cheaters, many are not serious and serial dater  Summary : drop him
Pat : What happened with him? Have you kissed or had sex?
SHE : no not yet i don't go to a bed like this with a man.
Pat : so why would you like him to only see you?
SHE : I don't know, but me if I am interested in a man I want to see him only him
Pat : So nothing has yet happened and you already want him to exclusively date you?
Pat : many men and many women don't work like you (she is a practicing Catholic)
SHE : her jab falls on the floor

Or

She : Guy is not serious he is not free saturday
Pat : ask him an other day
She : he is not free sunday because of his son and i am not free next week end. 
Pat : try to meet him wednesday or tuesday.   
She : no only saturday on sunday
Pat :  WTF?                 
She : married men are not free saturday sunday 
Pat : so your strategy to avoid married men is to date men only during the week end
She : Yes
Pat : that's smart, but what you do from monday to friday, you watch TV and cut your nails? So you cut off your dating life of 5/7 that means 71% of your time, not so bad if you are a TV addict?
She : looking her feet puzzled.

So now, what's the difference between before and today?
She LISTENS, she mets a shrink regulary and she said, something that I have never heard before from her "Nice men of my age have choice". So now she starts to take in account a new reality. 
I am happy for her, she is more peaceful

4/ I met four buddies i know for 20 years. Last time was 5 years ago. I was in shock.
Two had been in burnout and got alcoholic.
The first one went twice 5 weeks in a specialized hospital and get out of this shit.
The second has lost his marriage, his driving licence, part of his business and irreversible damages on his health and still he is an alcooholic. 

So what is the difference between those two men? 

The first one acted in total humility, understood that he was at the same level than the many alcoholics that he met in hospital even if he was earning more generally and having a better education and better social chances. He followed everything the medical staff told him to do.

The second one believes that he controls the situation, but alcoohol just controls him in fact.

HUMILITY and LISTENING
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 06:42:28 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2019, 06:20:40 AM »
"I see that is very
unlikely now. "

it was unlikely from the very beginning...
she's a female equivalent of the clueless guys posting on here...
blaming EVERYONE but HERSELF for her problems
why does that give her privilege...

if she wants to try and speak, she's just as free as the rest of us to speak...
or not...totally up to her...

it's good for guys to be able to recognize the nanos
so when they encounter one, they can DO WHAT EVEY MAN WHO HAS EVER MET NANO HAS DONE
RUN AWAY ASAP!!!!

since my perception of nano seemed to resonate with others...
and to some degree "perception is reality"
if I were nano, I'd be asking myself, is this perception part of her problem?
and she has no real game...and doesn't really even know how to play
so instead she whines about her frustration without trying to identify its cause.
but the main point, blaming HER failure on others is total BS...
the world is what it is, it is up to each of us to find a way to connect to the world
failure to connect is due to your problem, not the world's....
seriously, when you encounter a nano - run for the door!!!

and I thank nano for posting here, so guys can see "her type"
unless nano made major changes in her behavior and attitude towards men
she will just keep repeating her failure
with the possible exception, that one day she by luck finds a stupid donkey
and he lets her put a halter on him...
it happens...there are a LOT of stupid donkeys out there heeee hawwww y'all!!!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:55:27 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »
It's started like this from Nano :Introductions and Ice-Breaker / Searching from Russia for international dating « on: November 02, 2017, 07:25:29 AM »   I am seraching from Russia for international dating. Maybe this forum can help me more understand man's side point of view and crosscultures tradition. I just in seach for now.

Two years after did she make some progress? VOPROC QUESTION

1/ In 2011 i met a lady i really liked and stopped asap not only to meet other women but also get back in France. Several well known members told me to not do such things and continue to date.
I didn't LISTEN them and this story was a failure.   

2/ IN 2019, recently, a lady i was meeting was aiming a travel for an other man in Italy. I started to be mad and write stupid things. Some members (don't remember who exactly) told me to hold my horses.  I thank them again.
I LISTENED them and so now we meet in 14 days. It could lead to a long term relationship, maybe.

3/ My female friend of 57 had never had a problem to date men (twice married) and she has never cared about what men could think or do, because she was enough pretty to get a large court of available men. But now age matters her look and less men are answering, additionnaly she has personal jealous type problem in relationship.
Result : two months of relationship i know her in two years and depression just after the breakup.Why she so blindly damned likes me and trusts me so she can give me her son or keys of her house or ask me to write to the guy she is mad of a letter to come back in desesperation?
WHY? Because i tell her the truth. And no the BS that her other female friends are giving to her usually. 

Examples of the real life:
SHE : i really like this man but he is not serious he continues to date other women. 
Women traditionnal BS : men are all cheaters, many are not serious and serial dater  Summary : drop him
Pat : What happened with him? Have you kissed or had sex?
SHE : no not yet i don't go to a bed like this with a man.
Pat : so why would you like him to only see you?
SHE : I don't know, but me if I am interested in a man I want to see him only him
Pat : So nothing has yet happened and you already want him to exclusively date you?
Pat : many men and many women don't work like you (she is a practicing Catholic)
SHE : her jab falls on the floor

Or

She : Guy is not serious he is not free saturday
Pat : ask him an other day
She : he is not free sunday because of his son and i am not free next week end. 
Pat : try to meet him wednesday or tuesday.   
She : no only saturday on sunday
Pat :  WTF?                 
She : married men are not free saturday sunday 
Pat : so your strategy to avoid married men is to date men only during the week end
She : Yes
Pat : that's smart, but what you do from monday to friday, you watch TV and cut your nails? So you cut off your dating life of 5/7 that means 71% of your time, not so bad if you are a TV addict?
She : looking her feet puzzled.

So now, what's the difference between before and today?
She LISTENS, she mets a shrink regulary and she said, something that I have never heard before from her "Nice men of my age have choice". So now she starts to take in account a new reality. 

HUMILITY and LISTENING

That's a great post Pat :)

I've come across it too several times with women in Ukraine, Russia, etc where they have some built in idea they have gained how things should be done. Some won't accept that it could be done another way, some don't even explain to the guy why it should be done the way they think it should be done - they don't even see that the guy is completely baffled why this perculiarity has come about why something must only be done a certain way, it's just bizarre to him why this road block has now suddenly come along in the relationship. This can then lead to arguments when the woman refuses to back down and gets annoyed at the guy not bending to what he sees as a strange illogical demand from the woman.

The best way of dealing with this seems to be like you have done in the above example in using logic Pat. Even then as you show it can sometimes take a lot more to overcome the problem, professional help is needed.

In the example above I would wager that even if the guy agreed to what the woman wanted it probably would not solve the problem long term. Of they got into a relationship living together, married, the woman would doubtless forbid the guy to leave the house without her at weekends - she would think he was one of those guys playing away if he did, lol. Hence any business a guy might need to conduct at weekends would cease and he may lose a lot of money or even failure of his business.

It goes to show why women that act in this manner fail, a lot of the time they only accept a course of action that a guy cannot possibly accept even if he wanted to.

The first part also proved what I was saying to Boethius, I'm getting some humble pie out now to pop in the oven for her ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:30:31 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2019, 08:44:47 AM »
"I see that is very
unlikely now. "

it was unlikely from the very beginning...
she's a female equivalent of the clueless guys posting on here...
blaming EVERYONE but HERSELF for her problems
why does that give her privilege...

if she wants to try and speak, she's just as free as the rest of us to speak...
or not...totally up to her...

it's good for guys to be able to recognize the nanos
so when they encounter one, they can DO WHAT EVEY MAN WHO HAS EVER MET NANO HAS DONE
RUN AWAY ASAP!!!!

since my perception of nano seemed to resonate with others...
and to some degree "perception is reality"
if I were nano, I'd be asking myself, is this perception part of her problem?
and she has no real game...and doesn't really even know how to play
so instead she whines about her frustration without trying to identify its cause.
but the main point, blaming HER failure on others is total BS...
the world is what it is, it is up to each of us to find a way to connect to the world
failure to connect is due to your problem, not the world's....
seriously, when you encounter a nano - run for the door!!!

and I thank nano for posting here, so guys can see "her type"
unless nano made major changes in her behavior and attitude towards men
she will just keep repeating her failure
with the possible exception, that one day she by luck finds a stupid donkey
and he lets her put a halter on him...
it happens...there are a LOT of stupid donkeys out there heeee hawwww y'all!!!

Another great post from you too Krim :)

Bill is right in that he thought guys on here could learn from Nano, I certainly am. Bill himself tells us to never try and fix a woman that is not right just to move on. I can see why now as the time and effort it takes and there is no guarantee of success. A woman may have multiple problems and/or may turn out to be impossible to fix with much time wasted and heartache.

I wondered in the past why Kherson girl acted arbitrary in the situation that ended it all and I guess now I know why. Nano is acting in a similar arbitrary manner and watching the guys go running each time and marking them all as time wasters rather than realise it is being arbitrary that is doing it. I have come across other women that act in an arbitrary manner whilst messaging them and it is most bizarre to deal with them. It's a kind of 'you accept this, that is that' and I don't think they see how difficult it is for a guy to accept such behaviour, they seem to think it as perfectly reasonable.

It certainly helps to explain that phenomena which I was very curious about. I said a while back that if we could understand why a lot of FSU International Dating relationships end up failing then potentially a lot more happiness could be found. There is a common pattern of guys going abroad, dating a girl, getting on real well at first only for it to mysteriously and rapidly fall apart after only a short while, I think now we know why this happens!
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »
I'm guessing s lot of reason why we get the Nano's when dating in the FSU is probably down to the situation that developed when they were dating local men. The local men out there have a lot more choice than we do here in the west and many quite naturally play the field. So FSW know that they can't trust local men so some gain this mentality of 'this means that' with local guys and hence tell them 'you do it this way or that's it' type of conversation, at which point most guys run - they have a choice so don't need it. The Nano then believes that all of them are cheats even the honest ones who just didn't or couldn't live in a world dictated to them in that manner.

These FSW then repeat the same mistake when dating western men not realising that though there are cheats there that more guys are potentially straight up.

I'm guessing the successful woman locally in the FSW just accepts it's all part of the game and keeps trying out guys till she finds a decent one or as we often hear just puts up with him playing around and hope he stays with her, particularly if she has a child.

Offline Gator

« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »

I didn't see her blaming others, or demanding special treatment.  What I see is a few men deciding she had an attitude because she wasn't demure enough in her responses.

I concur with Bo's observation.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2019, 09:33:11 AM »
Nano, if you are still reading:

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »
I'm guessing s lot of reason why we get the Nano's when dating in the FSU is probably down to the situation that developed when they were dating local men. The local men out there have a lot more choice than we do here in the west and many quite naturally play the field. So FSW know that they can't trust local men so some gain this mentality of 'this means that' with local guys and hence tell them 'you do it this way or that's it' type of conversation, at which point most guys run - they have a choice so don't need it. The Nano then believes that all of them are cheats even the honest ones who just didn't or couldn't live in a world dictated to them in that manner.

These FSW then repeat the same mistake when dating western men not realising that though there are cheats there that more guys are potentially straight up.

I'm guessing the successful woman locally in the FSW just accepts it's all part of the game and keeps trying out guys till she finds a decent one or as we often hear just puts up with him playing around and hope he stays with her, particularly if she has a child.

I nominate this for stupidest post of the year.  Given the competition, that's saying something.

You don't understand FSU culture, Trench.  You don't understand FSUM.  So stop pontificating on matters by pulling "theories" out of your rear end.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:04:57 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Nano's thread
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
I nominate this for stupidist post of the year.

Boe,

While his post has merit for the stupidest post.
He makes all sorts of incorrect assumptions and then
even more incorrect conclusions.

I would submit his posts regarding the financial resources needed
to pursuing a woman from the FSU AND making babies with them
are worse in my opinion. He is actively planning on staying poor,
not improving his situation AND expecting an FSUW to approve,
buy into this plan and the associated theories that go along
with it.

I haven't checked on the date of his
"Move to Ukrainia and live in a cardboard box" thread.

Maybe those posts would have to be nominated for 2018 or earlier.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:11:05 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2019, 12:04:33 PM »
HAHA.  Typo corrected.  I shouldn't talk and have my fingers flying at the same time.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »

I nominate this for stupidest post of the year.  Given the competition, that's saying something.

You don't understand FSU culture, Trench.  You don't understand FSUM.  So stop pontificating on matters by pulling "theories" out of your rear end.

I don't really care if you don't think I know FSU culture, etc. I don't really care if you don't agree with what I have put. You have been wrong a lot in the past in what you have said. I think you are a person who is out of touch in general Boe.

Either Krim or Pat separately have a lot more dating experience than you. Together they have an avalanche proportion of dating experience. They are not some woman who sits around and has it come to them and wait patiently for the Mr Right Guy to pop up. Then spouts off that she knows this and that on any given subject and that is that.

I've no doubt that even I am more with it than you are. I've at least suffered from the rough end of it, whereas you just patiently sat there and wait for some guy.

I am totally content with what I say is right here. I don't really care if you don't think it is correct as I am happy with the solidness of what I am saying. Disagree as you please but my point stands.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
I have spent more time in the FSU in the past 2 years than have you.  I know countless FSUM, most, but not all, married, and most of them married once. 

The vast majority of those men are faithful, support their wives and children, and want nothing more than a normal family life.  So, I know you are wrong on the characterization of FSUM.

krimster dated at a time when most everyone wanted to escape the FSU, and the West was seen as a golden place.  There is a lot more information now, including those who have returned to the FSU, who say that life is life no matter where you are.

Any "roughness" you've experienced is down to your own personality and your personal issues, not the dating world.  It's why you have failed in the West.  Your "advice" to Nano is useless, and she should be warned of this.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:51:22 PM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »
I have spent more time in the FSU in the past 2 years than have you.  I know countless FSUM, most, but not all, married, and most of them married once. 

The vast majority of those men are faithful, support their wives and children, and want nothing more than a normal family life.  So, I know you are wrong on the characterization of FSUM.

krimster dated at a time when most everyone wanted to escape the FSU, and the West was seen as a golden place.  There is a lot more information now, including those who have returned to the FSU, who say that life is life no matter where you are.

Any "roughness" you've experienced is down to your own personality and your personal issues, not the dating world.  It's why you have failed in the West, and your "advice" to Nano is useless, and she should be warned of this.

A person who is blinkered such as yourself it wouldn't matter where they are, they won't notice what is going on around them. I'm not talking about the sedate life of your well to do relatives & friends in the FSU. I'm talking about the more frisky end of it all. Yes I'm sure there are those that live a life without cheating and of course life can be life wherever.

None of what you say makes anything I have said to Nano invalid. She is 48 apparently and still single, she is not doing well on the dating scene that is evident regardless of us arguing over the specifics. I'm happy in the advice I have given her, she probably won't take it, she will doubtless find your advice more comforting but ultimately it will do her no good as it will be the wrong advice. Pat sees the issue, Krim does and so do I, I'm not being horrible to Nano, things happen to a person in life but she needs to look at how she treats guys and realise it's why guys are reacting the way they do.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
I am not blinkered.  I just think that you are the last person on this forum who should be giving anyone dating advice, given your history.

krimster can't even recognize that he wasn't picking up women in Shevchenko Park; They were picking him up.

Other men with far more dating experience than you have also disagreed with the advice you, krimster, and Pat have given Nano.  Furthermore, as I pointed out, there are FSUW posting here, or who posted in the past, who married WM after age 45. 

I think taking advice from someone who has been unsuccessful, but continues to do the same unsuccessful things over and over again, is not a recipe for success.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2019, 01:21:55 PM »

Forget FSU culture, FSUW or FSUW - Trench does not understand human culture at all. He is like an extraterrestrial form of life trying to study the mystical human race. I have met my share of aspies but Trench is uniquely socially and emotionally handicapped.  :( :(
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2019, 01:30:04 PM »
you want to know what I see

I see a woman who lives by herself in a rundown gray apartment building
who has few friends...
and who is about 12 years away from being pensioned out, and getting a pension of about $200 per month, which is enough for 2 cans of cat food per week, but not the expensive kind...
UNLESS...
she can find a western meal ticket!!!!

here is the problem though...
In today’s tough competitive global market, nano’s demographic is going to be guys MUCH older than her, guys in their 60s who are at the low end of the economic and education ladder...
guys who have either just retired and are collecting social security and a small pension (hopefully!) or are with 2-3 years of doing so...
these guys will likely be the biggest idiots you could ever imagine and nano is just TOTALLY repelled by them...
and that adds fuel to the “chip on her shoulder”....
which is only part of nano’s problem...

it’s not what you should’ve learned nano...
by the time you are 21 at the latest, you should know how to flatter and manipulate and control men
and get them to do whatever you want...
both my wife and oldest daughter are MASTERS of this!!!!

I watched my daughter get pulled over for speeding, and when the cop approached her car window, I could see how angry he was....
within 60 seconds, he was smiling at her and he closed the ticket book, and talked to her for 5 minutes about safe driving while she was teasing and flirting with him the whole time....
I was amused...
my daughter has ZERO problems with men of any kind, we all do whatever she wants...
and she’s figured out how to do this at age 18...
she has NO ANGER, NO RESENTMENT...
all men adore her, and she loves the very idea of men, real men...

chivo?
sure I know about the park, especially on salsa night
but I picked up girls in the library at “Taras”...
which was a tremendous place for that
and then head out to the nearby cafe down the street in the front...
smooth as butter...
louis vuitton made me stand out
as well as my exotic, non slavic facial features and 6'4" height
this caused me to be noticed right away by ALL the women...
all I had to do was pretend to need help with something while standing next to some women, and one would rush over offering to help...

within 3 minutes she’d agree to accompany me to get a coffee as my reward for her help!!!!

rest was freakin easy peasy...
and I gave all these sweet young women a sexual experience none of them ever had before...
highly climactic, especially the way I do it...
the secret is, "counter rotation".... hmmmm hmmmmm, drives 'em crazy!!!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:58:00 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »
Women of more than 45 could success,
However those who came here didn't explain how they succeed nor they gave some specific advices to Nano.
The statistical distribution is less favorable for women of such age, with an average looking and so on. 

Things started to block when she assimilated any men doing a VM to some sex tourist. 2taBill in the past heavily suffered from such over simplification.
Since then, nothing has moved on two years after her first post, except her bitterness that is clearly noticeable in  Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 03:45:17 PM

We would like to have more informations, and some people asked but no return, generally speaking when someone don't answer that smells bad.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:00:58 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2019, 02:52:47 PM »
I am not blinkered.  I just think that you are the last person on this forum who should be giving anyone dating advice, given your history.

krimster can't even recognize that he wasn't picking up women in Shevchenko Park; They were picking him up.

Other men with far more dating experience than you have also disagreed with the advice you, krimster, and Pat have given Nano.  Furthermore, as I pointed out, there are FSUW posting here, or who posted in the past, who married WM after age 45. 

I think taking advice from someone who has been unsuccessful, but continues to do the same unsuccessful things over and over again, is not a recipe for success.

I'm sure someone with Krimster's talents and quite probably looks it may have well been the case that they were picking him up. He may well have also been there at a time where there was maximum leverage because of the economy. Times are uncertain out there now and they have had the economy in better shape. Still Krimster has had much experience after he was picked up if we see it that way. He still had stuff come up in the relationships he was in short or long term.

With a situation as stark as Nano's many of us can see the problem as it is so stark. Doesn't matter if it's a successful or unsuccessful guy the problem is apparent because it now stands out so much from what she had put. Often it's the person themselves that has the most trouble seeing what their own problem is not those viewing them.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
Forget FSU culture, FSUW or FSUW - Trench does not understand human culture at all. He is like an extraterrestrial form of life trying to study the mystical human race. I have met my share of aspies but Trench is uniquely socially and emotionally handicapped.  :( :(

Yeah and your profile name just says it all.

Offline JayH

« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2019, 03:58:06 PM »
There is an issue I touched on in earlier post in the thread --  Nano   sound to me like she is in the category many men who come to the forum ( & online) should be looking at.
Many ( most?)  men start out with very unrealistic ideas on a potential match -- and fail to look at themselves,their life,their lifestyle and what they actually have to offer as a potential mate.
All too often -- guys have a superiority complex because they think they have an economic advantage ( eg "better " housing)  and seem to think that makes them a desirable "catch".
Over the years --on the forum many have come and gone after making a few posts -- I always like to know more about them before making any assessment -- the fact is MOST stop posting when any examination is made of them.
The reality is that most online are not going to be suitable FULL STOP
What is certain -- only a tiny %  are going to make a 20 plus year age gap  work.
So do the arithmetic -- that puts a 48 yo fsuw in the frontline of reality.

Not wishing to sound to contradict everything I wrote above but -- my Ukrainian ex's mother ( who was younger than me)is a very very good looking woman and  looked more like her not much older sister and could have passed for being 35 yo .My overall view-- there are many very nice looking women circa 50 ish in the fsu. So if looks are the starting point and only criteria -- age per se should not matter if you are genuinely looking.  :)

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »
It shouldn't matter, but it does, because most men are superficial.

Here is the difference between FSUM and WM.

Because of the "shortage" of men (wars, and from the mid 1970's, alcohol abuse, so now really restricted, for the most part, to men over 35 or 40), FSUM have more choice.  But that choice is not when they first marry, which was in their early twenties and has now increased, on average, to age 27.   It appears later, when their "competitors" have started drinking themselves to death, and that married FSUM is unhappy in his marriage. 

FSUW are expected to cook, to clean, to shop, to care for children; In essence, they are expected to complete all "traditional" female roles.  If a woman is not doing this, men there, because they have more choice, are apt to say "To hell with you." and go looking for a new partner.  It's not that FSUM are all rounders, dumping their wives for variety, or for a younger model.  It is usually because the woman they have chosen is not fulfilling the societal expectation of what a woman is expected to do, and at a certain age, FSUM have an advantage.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2019, 06:30:34 PM »
It is usually because the woman they have chosen is not fulfilling the societal expectation of what a woman is expected to do, and at a certain age, FSUM have an advantage.
I tend to say, as men generally covet youth/beauty and women money/power:

At 20, women have all the power; they are youthful and men have little money.
At 30, it is relatively balanced as women are still youthful (and fertile) while men have greater earning power.
At 40, men are near peak earning capacity (gained social status) and women are no longer youthful - at least not comparable with a 30yo.

Because of social/societal factors it's probably even more of a swing in the FSU.

Nano has a legitimate complaint about the quality of men she converses with (online). However, at the same time men are fleeced through dating sites, agencies, etc. Those are the dynamics of the game. But if you play in the pond, don't complain if you get mud on you.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1423
Most Online Ever: 12701