It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Nano's thread  (Read 30770 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Nano's thread
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »
Oh no, I am not so much honored scammer

with so "great" men...

I value your presence here. 

Whynotme is busy and only comes to the forum rarely. We only have a
few brave women who come here and put up with the peanut gallery
but most of those girls have gotten married and don't have time for
the nonsense here.

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/peanut%20gallery

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
Strange, I've never made any woman hot and bother by telling them I'm a grad student. My girl also never knew I was doing a PhD when she first committed herself to me and asked other men to stop messaging her. And last I checked, PhD prospects aren't too different from undergrad with respect to salary, save some consultancy work.

Anecdotally for me, 1000s upon 1000s of profiles for one, university students included. % would've been lower if I used vk with a spamming approach. I don't think the % chance matters so much now when you only need one. Lest you want a harem I guess.

It will vary depending on the woman but a guy who can get a good job with a PhD would have a lot of clout out in the FSU. Think of the career women in Moscow that you met, they pretty much told you that you would need to be in the career job to be off interest to them. Now that of course would be a turn off to me that type of woman, but the world you are getting into is the career world and so is your girl. BillyB has already allured to you needing to get the good job to keep up.

That said it all depends on the deal you are signing up to.

I'm saying while it's fine to enjoy this girl and maybe even get with her in the long term be aware that at your young age you are likely to have a lot more women in the FSU interested in you than you have done at home (the UK). Doesn't harm to really consider & look into the girl you are with and any other options that may be around out there for you.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 01:05:45 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2019, 03:09:58 PM »
kyn  congratulate, you bothe look very similar to each other :) good couples often looks similar, I think, and the other sometimes agree with it too :)

Thanks. I hope for the best.

Very true to a certain degree.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2019, 04:20:36 PM »
It will vary depending on the woman but a guy who can get a good job with a PhD would have a lot of clout out in the FSU. Think of the career women in Moscow that you met, they pretty much told you that you would need to be in the career job to be off interest to them. Now that of course would be a turn off to me that type of woman, but the world you are getting into is the career world and so is your girl. BillyB has already allured to you needing to get the good job to keep up.

I'm saying while it's fine to enjoy this girl and maybe even get with her in the long term be aware that at your young age you are likely to have a lot more women in the FSU interested in you than you have done at home (the UK). Doesn't harm to really consider & look into the girl you are with and any other options that may be around out there for you.
Trench,

Depending upon the field, a PhD without experience isn't any better than a lower degree. This is certainly the case in IT. If he is in a field where he is required to have a PhD (e.g. Therapist), he still won't make a 6 figure salary. Trench, stop giving advice. You suck at it.

HDL

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2019, 06:50:39 PM »
Trench,

Depending upon the field, a PhD without experience isn't any better than a lower degree. This is certainly the case in IT. If he is in a field where he is required to have a PhD (e.g. Therapist), he still won't make a 6 figure salary. Trench, stop giving advice. You suck at it.

HDL

That may be true HDL but I get the impression that Kyn is in a particular area of Science where he could do well. He is also a research PhD student so it may be said that there is work experience involved in his course. Kyn will no doubt have s better idea of where he stands in terms of his after PhD employment prospects than I.

The point I'm trying to make is while Kyn that no's he has hit a home run with this girl does he really know that much about her? Up front she may well be a fair and fine prospect but how much does he really know about her?

I'm not talking about her background here or what she watches on TV and likes to eat, no I'm talking about what type of person is she, does she have aspects about her that might not be quite so positive. Has Kyn met any of her friends for example, does she have any? Is she good at socializing or is socially unskilled? Does she ever display any aspects of not great behaviour? may be another aspect.

What I'm saying is a lot of stuff can be concealed/not noticeable to a foreigner that can be obviously seen by a local. She might sound out fine but I'm saying it's best to sound her out now rather than only find stuff out after a marriage then have issues.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #180 on: December 25, 2019, 08:32:33 PM »
Trench,

HDL

Beginning salary for PhDs varies tremendously across the disciplines.
For instance, new PhDs in Accounting and Finance start at $170,000+ for 9 month contract at the flagship state universities (not even the very top ones).  Even those in Economics, Management and Marketing start at $140,000 at such schools.
PhDs in the social sciences start at $50-60,000 for 9 month contract.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701