It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine-The Future  (Read 208824 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ukraine-The Future
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2014, 11:41:17 PM »
JayH, as a member of the Poroshenko government, can you confirm or deny US personnel involved in Ukraine's resupply or training outside declared NATO exercises?

No idea  LT  !! Maybe they are on vacation using the same GPS as the Russians in the east on "vacation" !!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »
JayH, as a member of the Poroshenko government, can you confirm or deny US personnel involved in Ukraine's resupply or training outside declared NATO exercises?

#1 Where do you get the idea that JayH is a member of the UA Government?

He's an Ozzie not a Ukie..

Offline Muzh

« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2014, 02:15:01 AM »

It is a little humorous that any statement or link that goes contrary to the silly narrative you attempt to push is 'Russian propaganda'.  There remains 2 sides to the story, whether you like it or not! Those that refuse to acknowledge that will always be a part of the problem. 

Fathertime!

Comrade, me thinks you should be ingesting the same medicine, which by the way, is very sound. If only you would do as you say.

Anyway, I'm not being foolish or bravely with other's people lives. There is a time when people has to stand up against the invader of YOUR country and fight for what is yours. I told the same to my gong-ho son when he went overseas; most of these people are fighting in their home land.

Now, I can see you running towards the invader with roses in your arms and lips puckered.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2014, 02:17:47 AM »

Oh for heavens sake, don't you know by now this guy makes no sense at all?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

lordtiberius

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2014, 06:11:44 AM »
No idea  LT  !! Maybe they are on vacation using the same GPS as the Russians in the east on "vacation" !!

No idea huh? 

OK.

lordtiberius

« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2014, 06:17:12 AM »

From the Australian JayH . . .

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »

In order to resolve the gas supply dispute between Russia and Ukraine, the EU will need to pay for Ukraine's outstanding gas invoices, an Austrian minister said Tuesday.
http://www.neurope.eu/article/eu-pay-ukraine-gas-debts-austrian-minister

Offline fathertime

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2014, 07:44:22 PM »

Comrade, me thinks you should be ingesting the same medicine, which by the way, is very sound. If only you would do as you say.

Anyway, I'm not being foolish or bravely with other's people lives. There is a time when people has to stand up against the invader of YOUR country and fight for what is yours. I told the same to my gong-ho son when he went overseas; most of these people are fighting in their home land.

Now, I can see you running towards the invader with roses in your arms and lips puckered.

You have provided 2 options:
1. Go head to head against a vastly superior enemy.
2. Pucker up and kiss their feet.

There are other options that you are bypassing. 

If your son is overseas as a civilian I have no idea what this has to do with the conversation.  If he is in the military, it is a crappy position to be in, fighting on somebodies else's land 1000's of miles from home, with no real reason for an American to be there.  All in all, you are acting brave with other people's lives...if the Ukrainians WANT to fight Russia, they will do so, we don't have to incentivize them mainly for our own selfish purposes.   

Fathertime!   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:46:36 PM by AnonMod »
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Doll

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »
Fathertime, :applaud:

Offline AkMike

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
More Russian tourists headed home and looking forward to their new jobs... As worm food!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
I came across this short article on Aljazeera.  It states that the people in Slovyansk (a city of over 100,000) boycotted the election.   What makes this interesting is this city is being held by UKRAINE, not the separatists.  The article was rather incomplete so perhaps somebody has better or more complete information.   It does beg the question of how many other people/cities boycotted the election?  Does it matter?

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2014/10/ukraine-fails-win-over-slovyansk-residents-20141026142534738339.html

Fathertime! 

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
I came across this short article on Aljazeera.  It states that the people in Slovyansk (a city of over 100,000) boycotted the election.   What makes this interesting is this city is being held by UKRAINE, not the separatists.  The article was rather incomplete so perhaps somebody has better or more complete information.   It does beg the question of how many other people/cities boycotted the election?  Does it matter?

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2014/10/ukraine-fails-win-over-slovyansk-residents-20141026142534738339.html

Fathertime!

No, it doesn't matter!  Your side lost the election.  Now live with it!!!!!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2014, 09:09:28 PM »
The "boycott" is because of terrorist disruption and violence/threats of violence.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/05/23/election-boycott-in-eastern-ukraine/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
The "boycott" is because of terrorist disruption and violence/threats of violence.

Mrs B -you keep getting the actual factual reality getting in the way of propaganda nonsense.
Funny thing is the proponents of that nonsense never seem to accept the reality!!

As an aside--In the election it looks like over 75% have voted for new directions -and that is not saying others are opposed to them.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »
No, it doesn't matter!  Your side lost the election.  Now live with it!!!!!
I'm not Ukrainian, I don't have a 'side' in the election.  One thing it seems to show is there remains a very real divide which continues to make running the country very very difficult. 

Interesting, according to the link you provided, it appears there has been quite a bit of disruption, and Ukrainian soldier deaths in recent days outside of separatist controlled areas.   

Fathertime!

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »

True, however the past few months he has spent more time wondering around Ukraine than spent at home.    ;D

It's nice to get private reports from someone with 'boots on the ground' that knows what they are talking about.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »
Interesting, according to the link you provided, it appears there has been quite a bit of disruption, and Ukrainian soldier deaths in recent days outside of separatist controlled areas.   

Fathertime!

There were disruptions all over Eastern Ukraine, including in non conflict areas.  There was a kidnapping of the head of a polling station in Luhansk, and the ballots were destroyed, voters were shot at by terrorists in Donetsk.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AkMike

« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »
Yes it is. From this side of the 'pond' all we can do is pray for our loved ones there and cross our fingers that the Huilonistas decide that they've caused enough death on Ukrainians and return to Russia.

But soon I'll be on the ground there for a few months to check it out my self and lend a hand if possible. Now all I can do is donate towards the efforts of the UA Army.

lordtiberius

« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »

You have provided 2 options:
1. Go head to head against a vastly superior enemy.
2. Pucker up and kiss their feet.

There are other options that you are bypassing. 

If your son is overseas as a civilian I have no idea what this has to do with the conversation.  If he is in the military, it is a crappy position to be in, fighting on somebodies else's land 1000's of miles from home, with no real reason for an American to be there.  All in all, you are acting brave with other people's lives...if the Ukrainians WANT to fight Russia, they will do so, we don't have to incentivize them mainly for our own selfish purposes.   

Fathertime!

Russia has more foreigners fighting on its side than Ukraine, do you condemn them with equal breathe?

lordtiberius

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
Yes it is. From this side of the 'pond' all we can do is pray for our loved ones there and cross our fingers that the Huilonistas decide that they've caused enough death on Ukrainians and return to Russia.

But soon I'll be on the ground there for a few months to check it out my self and lend a hand if possible. Now all I can do is donate towards the efforts of the UA Army.

Your prayers will go a lot further than you $$$ will.

War is the most expensive activity to be involved in.  If the West had any real leaders it would help subsidize those brave men fighting and dying over there.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2014, 09:45:31 PM »
Your prayers will go a lot further than you $$$ will.

War is the most expensive activity to be involved in.  If the West had any real leaders it would help subsidize those brave men fighting and dying over there.

:clapping:  And give them tanks, etc ASAP!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
Russia has more foreigners fighting on its side than Ukraine, do you condemn them with equal breathe?

No I don't think I would condemn them with equal breathe.  As you well know, I want US *the US* to keep our distance. That is where my own interests lie, as I have no allegiance to Ukraine/Russia....They gotta settle their own disputes without us making it worse. 

What foreign fighters are you referring to?

Fathertime! 

lordtiberius

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »
Sierra Army Depot has 1000s. Gasparov is right.  We will arm ISIS but not Ukraine? WTheck?

lordtiberius

« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:26 PM »

No I don't think I would condemn them with equal breathe. 

I have no allegiance to Ukraine/Russia....

What foreign fighters are you referring to?

Fathertime!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774542/Meet-Hunter-The-American-man-fighting-pro-Russian-rebels-Eastern-Ukraine-speaks-English-limited-understanding-political-conflict.html

This guy

Offline fathertime

« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774542/Meet-Hunter-The-American-man-fighting-pro-Russian-rebels-Eastern-Ukraine-speaks-English-limited-understanding-political-conflict.html

This guy

The USA can't always control what individual citizens choose to do.  There is probably US citizens fighting on both sides of the Ukrainian  conflict.  So long as we are not paying them to be there, that is something that happens.  We *the US* probably have citizens fighting on every side in Syria too.  We can't stop individuals from fighting for the cause they believe in. 

Fathertime!   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1901
Total: 1912

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM