It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075871 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4950 on: June 18, 2016, 02:36:38 AM »
Maybe if they take their shoes off they will be able to count past ten !! :)
Russian media quoted the minister of construction, acknowledged that the Kerch bridge too complicated for Russia. According to him, construction of the bridge "was harder than they thought," reports Joinfo.ua.

" However, at this point, all work disrupted due to lack of funds. "

The Kremlin has recognized that the construction of the bridge Kerch was "too complicated" for the Russian Federation

http://joinfo.ua/inworld/1171374_Kreml-priznal-stroitelstvo-Kerchenskogo-mosta.html

Yes, the Putin Bridges are proving more difficult and costly, but 'news' that the project has stopped is wishful thinking.

This will be the last project to be cut back..

The first - temporary bridge...from where the road and rail bridges will be constructed is well on the way ..

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4951 on: June 18, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »
Putins backward looking policies have been the catalyst for the future!

RUSSIAN SPLIT PREDICTED

The next five years we will witness a global crisis from Uzhgorod to Vladivostok with serious territorial conflicts, tens of thousands of refugees and the possibility of boundary changes.

http://elise.com.ua/?p=195746
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Marriedman

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4952 on: June 18, 2016, 05:56:07 PM »
USA has said they had spent $5 billion usd in Ukraine to make it more Western leaning.  Nuland did admit to the USA being involved.

USA and Russia both have their hands in Ukraine.  Both are dirty.

Ukraine is not really 1 country and once it splits up into regions into smaller countries will be better for everyone.  To much greed in play to let it turn into smaller countries.   

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4953 on: June 18, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »
Here is the link in whcih Nuland states the US had spent $5 billions in Ukraine.  That money was spent over time a period of a quarter century.  It was spent on supporting democratic institutions, such as the Razumkov Centre.  It was spent on programs against the proliferation of nuclear materials.  It was spent on programs against human trafficking and money laundering.  It was spent to decommission the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.  It was spent to fund civic engagement groups, programs to establish a rule of law, to fund election observers.

In short, contrary to what you appear to have posted, that money was not used to fund Euromaidan.  It was not spent to make the country "Western leaning".  It was to make it democratic.  I would argue the US taxpayer received good value for that $5 billion for, although Ukraine is corrupt, it is democratic in a way Russia is not.  Russia, BTW, received similar US funding, until it decided it would rather have the former KGB control most spheres of political, economic, and civic life in the country.

Here is the speech in which Nuland refers to that $5 billion. 

The idea of some Americans that Ukraine is somehow strategically important to the US is silly.  However, democracies tend not to go to war against each other, and tend to be stable.  A stable Ukraine (and Russia, for that matter) is better for Europe, and the world, than are unstable regimes.

Ukraine is one country, at least, that is what its residents believe, if poll after poll on the issue over the past 15 years are to be believed.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:44:57 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4954 on: June 18, 2016, 06:39:18 PM »
USA has said they had spent $5 billion usd in Ukraine to make it more Western leaning.  Nuland did admit to the USA being involved.

USA and Russia both have their hands in Ukraine.  Both are dirty.

Ukraine is not really 1 country and once it splits up into regions into smaller countries will be better for everyone.  To much greed in play to let it turn into smaller countries.
[/color]
"I am a Westerner and fly into Crimea all the time and not from Russia.  Not sure about the sanctions unless your referring to Europe airports.

Florida to Turkey to Crimea.  1 stop. "

I can see how in touch you are( not) !!!  LoL!
So-- given the overall inaccuracy of your conclusions-- and the total BS of you flight comment-- show me which commercial flight you  take direct from Istanbul  to Simferopal?  Maybe you take charter flight? Or fly your own aircraft?
Maybe your comment is so out of date it illustrates  your ignorance.

Maybe you have not noticed that Russia is subject to substantial sanctions--over it's invasion of Ukraine.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4955 on: June 19, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »
This is for Moby-- see-- a virtual bridge !!!!! :popcorn:

The Russian showed virtual Crimean Bridge

The works, which are conducted in the Kerch Strait, were presented at the video in 360 degrees.
During the XX International Economic Forum in St. Petersburg, the participants and guests of the project was presented to the virtual bridge across the Kerch Strait.
As the press service of the administration of Kerch, which released a video report from the event, all interested persons was presented improvised helicopter cabin, equipped control levers, the monitor and the virtual reality goggles. It was installed on the stand of the bridge.
"Specially designed computer program will allow anyone to evaluate the project from the air and make some maneuvers, for example, to fly under navigable arches. Krymsky Bridge presentation was the most interactive. Visitors to the exhibition were able to not only see what will become a bridge to the future, but also to assess the scale of its construction ", - said in a statement.

http://korrespondent.net/world/russia/3700021-v-rossyy-pokazaly-vyrtualnyi-krymskyi-most

Virtual tour of the bridge Kerch

And in case you missed  it  !!!!

Kerch bridge was left without funding

http://korrespondent.net/business/economics/3694514-kerchenskyi-most-ostalsia-bez-fynansyrovanyia-smy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:44:42 PM by JayH »

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4956 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:07 PM »
What if Putin's buddies who were overpaid to build for Sochi games gave back the overpayments to build the bridge ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4957 on: June 19, 2016, 11:12:05 PM »
This is for Moby-- see-- a virtual bridge !!!!! :popcorn:

Thanks, I'm already bored seeing it  ;D

In the mean time - whether we like it or not -one of  the temporary bridges - has just about complete...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4958 on: June 20, 2016, 05:14:42 AM »
What if Putin's buddies who were overpaid to build for Sochi games gave back the overpayments to build the bridge ?

Pretty much the same chance as Putin being elected the next Pope!  8)

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4959 on: June 21, 2016, 07:42:09 PM »
Oh Yeah  things are so sweet in Russia. :cluebat:  Or not.. :rolleyes:

Russian Real Incomes Drop 11.5% in May

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russian-real-incomes-drop-by-11-5-percent-in-may/573084.html

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4960 on: June 21, 2016, 07:52:08 PM »
Oh Yeah  things are so sweet in Russia. :cluebat:  Or not.. :rolleyes:

Russian Real Incomes Drop 11.5% in May

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russian-real-incomes-drop-by-11-5-percent-in-may/573084.html

I remember reading many moons ago that some survey info showed that a fairly substantial number of young Russian gals had as their objective:  "To become a hard currency prostitute."

Maybe there will be a return to this idea . . . if it ever left.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4961 on: June 21, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »
As the author explains--it is not just sport affected by the state promoted cheating .

All Russians Are Tainted by Putin's Regime

As a Russian citizen, this stigma is hard for me to accept, but here are my choices: I can assume, as many Russians do, that the West hates my country and all its people, or I'm forced to prove that the Putin taint isn't on me. I understand why some see the latter option as humiliating, but I can't honestly support the former because I believe the regime to be rotten and worthy of condemnation. That doesn't mean the flag doesn't belong to me. too.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-21/all-russians-are-tainted-by-putin-s-regime

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4962 on: June 22, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
In early June, it was revealed however, that the construction of the bridge Kerch has stopped on December 1 last year. This bitter truth for wool could not keep silent even Russian TV channels. And here's a quote about a hypothetical bridge until May 2016:

Requiem for Kerch bridge

The tunnel can not be done.
In general, a bridge to build difficult, but possible .
It will cost in the region of $ 40 billion. .
But we do it will not.

http://oleg-leusenko.livejournal.com/4753298.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4963 on: June 22, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »
In early June, it was revealed however, that the construction of the bridge Kerch has stopped on December 1 last year.

But this cannot be JayH!   :wallbash:

Moldy flew by at 10,000 meters and personally saw work in progress.  :rolleyes:  :crackwhip:

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4964 on: June 22, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »

Moldy flew by at 10,000 meters and personally saw work in progress.  :rolleyes:  :crackwhip:
Maybe they used a video  of virtual bridge and played in aircraft windows-the  rose coloured windows !  ;D :welcome:

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4965 on: June 22, 2016, 06:42:50 PM »

Meanwhile !

Traffic Inspectorate ONF checked the progress of construction of the Crimean bridge
"Crimean bridge will be one of the largest in Russia. It will solve the problem of transport accessibility of the peninsula, promote tourism and give impetus to economic development of the South of Russia ", - said Vasilyev. 

http://onf.ru/2016/06/20/dorozhnaya-inspekciya-onf-proverila-hod-stroitelstva-krymskogo-mosta/

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4966 on: June 23, 2016, 05:58:54 AM »
Here's comparisons to some of the other world powers compared TO Russia.  Like Equatorial Guinea for an example.. Another powerhouse on the world's stage.

Putin’s Russia is a poor, drunk soccer hooligan

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/06/21/putin-russia-poor-drunk-soccer-hooligan/0HjzEzAUT4J58guK170F0H/story.html?event=event25

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4967 on: June 23, 2016, 08:43:32 AM »
Here's comparisons to some of the other world powers compared TO Russia.  Like Equatorial Guinea for an example.. Another powerhouse on the world's stage.

Interesting article, and I agree Russia has lost importance, but not sure if all facts are correct.

Tanks Russia vs Pakistan for example.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.asp

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4968 on: June 23, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »

1/ If you seek to attempt to denigrate fact - by 'misspelling' my nick - you might be a more than a little desperate.

2/ The first temp bridge - there will be three temp bridges - is complete...'moldy' saw the first one was well on the way six months ago...

Naturally, I couldn't say if work was under way from 10km... but it's completion suggests the Kremlin must believe in Fairies - one having completed itself..

3/ Once more, I do not condone Kremlin 'away games' in Ukraine  - but [ constantly ] posting that 'work has stopped' ... Well, it's a little silly.

I have no doubt the project will run behind time and over budget, but it WILL get built ...

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4969 on: June 23, 2016, 06:50:58 PM »
2/ The first temp bridge - there will be three temp bridges - is complete...'moldy' saw the first one was well on the way six months ago...

Naturally, I couldn't say if work was under way from 10km... but it's completion suggests the Kremlin must believe in Fairies - one having completed itself..

While I have no quarrel with what you saw from the sky, moby, is there proof somewhere of the first temporary bridge being complete?  I would have thought that this would be trumpeted from the battlements, with accompanying flypasts and promotional videos to show how much the Russian Bear has accomplished in the face of such adversity.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4970 on: June 24, 2016, 06:53:29 AM »
While I have no quarrel with what you saw from the sky, moby, is there proof somewhere of the first temporary bridge being complete?  I would have thought that this would be trumpeted from the battlements, with accompanying flypasts and promotional videos to show how much the Russian Bear has accomplished in the face of such adversity.

Hi

The first temp bridge from the Russian mainland to the island of Tuzla  was completed in Oct 2015

The temp bridge from the Russian mainland is out to the main span section - which cannot be blocked by joining - as it would block an international sea way
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:00:17 PM by AnonMod »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4971 on: June 25, 2016, 06:32:31 AM »
Not all Russian citizens are digesting the Kremlins spew.

Russians Closer to Border Hold More Pro-Ukrainian Views
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russians-closer-to-border-hold-more-pro-ukrainian-views/573391.html

And horror of horrors,, Putin has decreed that beer sales are to be limited.. No more large economy size bottles. How will they be able to get thru the day?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-signs-law-limiting-russias-beer-sales/573392.html

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4972 on: June 27, 2016, 01:59:01 AM »
Not all Russian citizens are digesting the Kremlins spew.

Russians Closer to Border Hold More Pro-Ukrainian Views
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russians-closer-to-border-hold-more-pro-ukrainian-views/573391.html

Hmmm.... not my personal experience of attitudes in neighbouring Krasnodar and Rostov oblasts...

And horror of horrors,, Putin has decreed that beer sales are to be limited.. No more large economy size bottles. How will they be able to get thru the day?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-signs-law-limiting-russias-beer-sales/573392.html

Mikey misses that alcohol consumption is way down.

I don't know you would want to buy beer in a bottle greater than 1.5 l as unless you are a serious alchi the beer in our household would go flat...

Hardly 'bad news'... sensible I'd say..

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4974 on: June 27, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »
Despite some here  still suggesting otherwise- sanctions are not going anywhere.
There has been a concerted effort from the Kremlin to  try and convince everyone that the sanctions are about to be eased-- an ide that the Kremlin trolls promote at every opportunity.It is typical of the attempts to promote confusion in the western media.

EU to extend Russia sanctions

The EU is fully ready to prolong its sanctions on Russia, in a sign that the bloc’s foreign policy still works despite the British referendum.

http://euobserver.com/foreign/134059

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2256
Total: 2267

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM