It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075713 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4100 on: January 28, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »

LOL

I was going to privately ask you how you did that.

Do you mind sharing how to do it. My wife would like to send money to her sister.

I have been under the impression( for well over a year now) that any money picked up at a bank/western union/money gram, ect.  HAS to be in Hyvnia. Maybe there is some kind of exception?

I thought you (cc3) were living in Lviv now with wife and kid???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4101 on: January 28, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
I have been under the impression( for well over a year now) that any money picked up at a bank/western union/money gram, ect.  HAS to be in Hyvnia. Maybe there is some kind of exception?

My SIL receives her money in dollars.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4102 on: January 29, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »
Simply open a Dollar account, get the SWIFT code and transfer it.

Offline alex330

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4103 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:08 PM »

Offline cc3

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4104 on: January 30, 2016, 12:41:24 PM »

I do live in Lviv, am visiting family in Rocky Mountain region. Unfortunately, wife has not yet obtained a US B-2 tourist visa to accompany me.

All of my transfers to my wife in Ukraine have been delivered to her in US $.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4105 on: February 01, 2016, 04:18:05 AM »
According to my contact in UA

If you withdraw at an ATM, you will only get UA currency, not USD or EUR

If you have an account in USD or EUR at the bank you can get USD or EUR at the counter, just not at the ATM machines.

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4106 on: February 05, 2016, 03:49:07 AM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/05/are-u-s-missiles-taking-out-high-ranking-russian-military-officials.html

Will the botox midget try to hush up this embarrassing news because there is no real way he can retaliate against US military personnel short of starting WW3, or have his state media play this up to stir up more anti-US sediment back home?

Watching that rooftop video clip...
Why even bother trying to run when the oncoming missile is this close to impact?  :wallbash:

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4107 on: February 05, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »
I don't know if this is the same incident but recently they popped off a reported 4 Russian Generals and 4 Syrian Generals with one rocket.  :clapping:

The Russians are now seeing their style of proxy war being used against them.

Offline BC

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4108 on: February 05, 2016, 11:05:05 AM »
I don't know if this is the same incident but recently they popped off a reported 4 Russian Generals and 4 Syrian Generals with one rocket.  :clapping:

The Russians are now seeing their style of proxy war being used against them.

not to ruin your glee but would you mind sharing a link or three?   not doubting but would enjoy seeing the source of your info.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4109 on: February 05, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »
(Nothing personal BC) But, because of all the flap here about posting links and news .. Do the same thing that I've already done..

Go look for it yourself!

Offline AnonMod

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4110 on: February 05, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »
To clarify, there is no issue with posting links.  The issue is with cutting and pasting reams of material from that link. 

The moderators initially had requested that cut and pastes from links be restricted to 250 words, for copyright purposes.  Some posters took umbrage with that, and ignored the request.
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4111 on: February 05, 2016, 01:30:18 PM »

"Ask and ye shall receive.   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:  It's about time that they started working on the court system. This is long over due.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine-reforms-idUSL8N1561TM"

Nobody is receiving anything yet. All they did was talk about reforming the court system. They haven't passed any laws yet to reform the court. Jan 22 that article came out. Later Ukraine's economic minister resigns in disgust of what is going on in government. Apparently he doesn't share your enthusiasm for Ukraine heading in the right direction. You should start a thread named "More Bad News for Ukraine" because Putin is going to control them again.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4112 on: February 05, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
That is simply not true. On many occasions complying posts were  modded,moved,deleted(repeatedly).
It is the misrepresentation made by the comments that is misleading. A mod with an agenda that creates overzealous interference and disruption in a thread is achieving nothing.
Perhaps I can suggest taking one's shoes off while counting words would make the task easier!

Gee that is just soooo funny every time you repeat it to somebody different.  Might I suggest that you take off your shoes and also drop your pants....at least that way you can get all the way to 20 and 1/2.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4113 on: February 05, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »
at the risk of being "on topic" isn't this the second Russian TOW fatality, the first being one of the personnel on the rescue chopper trying to pick up the downed pilot from the Turkish intercept?

maybe Russia will try and make Syria a no TOWING zone?

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4114 on: February 05, 2016, 05:29:51 PM »
I sure wish I could toss up some links BillyB to  show a few things about this

I doubt there's anything you can show me that is going to change my mind on the direction Ukraine is heading. There are some good guys in government there but there are still too many corrupt individuals to put Ukraine on the right track. What is going on in Ukraine is unacceptable and the West is correct to think it's a bad investment. It's up to the Ukrainian people to oust more politicians or slowly slip back under Putin's foot.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4115 on: February 05, 2016, 06:28:12 PM »
Convincing you about Ukraine and the changes isn't my purpose in life.  :rolleyes:

I've spent a lot of time there and have seen the changes first hand. Yes there's still a bunch of problems but there has been progress made and I think there'll be more to come.
 How much time have you personally spent in Ukraine since 2014? I've maxed out my time there each winter since 2005 with a few extra short trips mixed in.
 I do have a pretty good idea of the way that things are shaking out.  Poro had Yats have a huge problems in many different directions. But they're at least trying to keep UA's head above water despite the Russian invasions and the economical cesspool that they were left with thanks to Yanku and his band of thieves.

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4116 on: February 05, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »

I've spent a lot of time there and have seen the changes first hand.

I've maxed out my time there each winter since 2005 with a few extra short trips mixed in.

That's part of the problem. You can't be objective because you're not on the outside looking in. Much of the changes you've seen came under Western pressure and Western money anyway. How on earth you think Ukraine is headed in the right direction is bewildering. The economy there sucks and the country is still broken apart.

Poro had Yats have a huge problems in many different directions. But they're at least trying to keep UA's head above water despite the Russian invasions and the economical cesspool that they were left with thanks to Yanku and his band of thieves.

I like Poro and Yats. They've worked hard to get funds and weapons Ukraine's benefit but the bottom line is they didn't get much and Russia is allowed to harm Ukraine's economy by destabilizing the country. Poro and Yats aren't getting results so the Ukrainian people are going to blame them for not righting the wrongs. Poroshenko's approval rating after one year was worse than the ex Prez Yanukovych that the citizens ousted. Guess what's going to happen in the next election? A pro Western Ukrainian president is going to get fired. Guess who's going to take his place? Putin is going to have his way again and the sanctions on Russia will be lifted when he pulls his troops out after another puppet is installed.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/187931/ukrainians-disillusioned-leadership.aspx?g_source=World&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4117 on: February 05, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/05/are-u-s-missiles-taking-out-high-ranking-russian-military-officials.html

Will the botox midget try to hush up this embarrassing news because there is no real way he can retaliate against US military personnel short of starting WW3, or have his state media play this up to stir up more anti-US sediment back home?

Watching that rooftop video clip...
Why even bother trying to run when the oncoming missile is this close to impact?  :wallbash:

Russia and Syria's army been on the offensive ever since Russia walked onto the playground. They are pushing the rebels back to the Turkish border. I heard Turkey may send troops into Syria soon. Russia is winning in Syria. The West is losing. That is reality.

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-regime-forces-fresh-gains-south-monitor-103050248.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4118 on: February 05, 2016, 06:58:27 PM »
Looking at the trees in a forest is best done from being there to see them.
Not by scanning them from Google earth.
 You need to be there to see  things clearly.

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4119 on: February 05, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
Maybe someone who has such a very clear vision of Ukraine can explain why there was not a single prosecution for major corruption in Ukraine last year?  NOT ONE!!
I mean you were there, you must’ve been a personal witness to the whole thing right????

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=uk&u=http://nashigroshi.org/2016/01/16/torik-v-ukrajini-zhodnoho-koruptsionera-ne-zasudyly-za-nezakonne-

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4120 on: February 05, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
 if all you have to do to be an expert on some subject is to “just be there”, then you can go ask some homeless guy in the US about any US macroeconomic economic issues and use his words as the gospel, I mean he’s there NOW, you certainly wouldn’t want to consult someone in the London School of Economics or the IMF or even the Bank of China, after all they’re thousands of miles away!  Your insights are nothing short of genius, I’m telling you!

You can’t so cleanly separate the past from the present in Ukraine, there is no clear dividing line, so you have to include the inconvenient detail that Poroshenko was a member of the Yanukovych administration as the economic development and trade minister of Ukraine, you think there was no corruption involved there do you?  Going back a bit farther, it was the conflict between Poroshenko and Tymoshenko over how to carve up Ukraine that led to Yushenko dismissing his entire cabinet of ministers, including Poroshenko and Tymoshenko, which effectively was the collapse of the “Orange Revolution” government.  By the way, you know the nice slice of land along the Dnipro where Yanukovych had his "dacha", do you know who else “owns” land there today? 

http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-poroshenko-land-deal-questions-tsars-village/27013945.html

In 2014 The Washington Post has reported that a reporter dug through Wikileaks diplomatic cables to find mentions of Poroshenko. She found plenty!  For example, the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine John Herbst called Poroshenko, “a disgraced oligarch” Together these details show that Poroshenko is very much part of the pre-Maidan political elite, hardly someone who is going to reform Ukraine!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/05/29/the-not-very-nice-things-u-s-officials-used-to-say-about-ukraines-new-president/

I don’t know what contact you as an American have had in Ukraine, do you deal with large multi million dollar government procurements, do you own a major business there, have you ever dealt with the Tax Police over major issues, have you ever dealt with the SBU, have you ever been in a civil suit in Ukraine?  If not then your own personal experience is perhaps somewhat limited in scope so far as being able to judge that there has been some form of change there, I mean maybe, right?

If not however, I would be delighted to hear whatever stories you would care to share with those of us who are unfortunately so geographically challenged as to not be able to experience first hand the glorious changes that according to you Ukraine has undergone.

Please inform us first hand with your observations!  I am prepared to be dazzled!!!

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4121 on: February 05, 2016, 07:35:18 PM »

I doubt there's anything you can show me that is going to change my mind on the direction Ukraine is heading. There are some good guys in government there but there are still too many corrupt individuals to put Ukraine on the right track. What is going on in Ukraine is unacceptable and the West is correct to think it's a bad investment. It's up to the Ukrainian people to oust more politicians or slowly slip back under Putin's foot.

OK BillyB--when were you last in Ukraine?
Along with others who base their views and understanding of events that took place 10 or more years ago and are not in touch with the current situation in Ukraine.
Your ridiculous waffling and glad bag of irrelevant comments across numerous threads is a joke .You repeatedly show little comprehension on complicated matters and expect  others to make one line explanations you can understand!
You have little idea of what is going on in Ukraine - all you repeatedly show is your ignorance.

Why don't you stick to the inane threads on US politics ( btw-- what does the Iowa caucus result have to do with the forum theme???????????)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4122 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »
Maybe someone who has such a very clear vision of Ukraine can explain why there was not a single prosecution for major corruption in Ukraine last year?  NOT ONE!!
I mean you were there, you must’ve been a personal witness to the whole thing right????

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=uk&u=http://nashigroshi.org/2016/01/16/torik-v-ukrajini-zhodnoho-koruptsionera-ne-zasudyly-za-nezakonne-

I gather your question is aimed at AKMike--but-- if you bothered to read a lot of links previously posted-- and others that were removed-- the answers are  there.
I prefer to post a link to a substantial story that deals with come of the complications in any given situation-- and the reader can see for themselves.
Actually by asking the question-- it is proving a point I have made-the forum needs real material-- not some hick who can only denigrate Ukraine at every opportunity.

BTW-- THIS THREAD IS ABOUT RUSSIA--where the bad news just keeps coming and is getting worse every day.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4123 on: February 05, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
a poem by AkMike and Krimster

Looking at the trees in a forest is best done from being there to see them.
and not by doing any thinking somewhere way down in your brain stem
Not by scanning them from Google earth.
will you be able to unearth
You need to be there to see  things clearly.
where you can see things more sincerely

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4124 on: February 05, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
Krimster, I will not lower myself to your level. You've shown that your word isn't worth anything and because of that you've been on ignore for some time.

BTW I only saw this because JayH quoted you. I'll just skip over these in the future

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM