It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1087397 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1625 on: January 13, 2015, 08:06:38 AM »

BTW LT, Russia has moved tactical nukes into Ukraine/Crimea which is the best weapon in the world for wiping out large armies. I think Putin is trying to scare NATO into backing off since actually using tactical nukes can increase the possibility of total nuclear war. Didn't you once claim Putin was crazy? I hope he isn't.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-deploying-tactical-nuclear-arms-in-crimea/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1626 on: January 13, 2015, 09:03:29 AM »

BTW LT, Russia has moved tactical nukes into Ukraine/Crimea which is the best weapon in the world for wiping out large armies. I think Putin is trying to scare NATO into backing off since actually using tactical nukes can increase the possibility of total nuclear war. Didn't you once claim Putin was crazy? I hope he isn't.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-deploying-tactical-nuclear-arms-in-crimea/

I knew it.  Not surprised at all. 

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1627 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:30 AM »

Billy,

Do you actually read this sensationalist drivel?

If one follows McKeon's letter, there is no direct evidence that tactical nuclear weapons have been forwarded to the Crimean peninsula.  Instead, they base the entire sensationalistic statement on the quote from Putin that two of the delivery systems, missiles and bombers, are being placed in Crimea.  Both delivery systems are CAPABLE of delivering tactical nukes.  Neither Putin's statements, nor any intelligence gathering community assessments have yet to place a single Nuke in Krim.

The rag you're reading is known for making such unproven statements.  McKeon purposely did not state that Russia had moved Nukes into Krim.  Just that there was no way to assess whether they were, indeed, there.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1628 on: January 13, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
Billy,

Do you actually read this sensationalist drivel?

If one follows McKeon's letter, there is no direct evidence that tactical nuclear weapons have been forwarded to the Crimean peninsula.  Instead, they base the entire sensationalistic statement on the quote from Putin that two of the delivery systems, missiles and bombers, are being placed in Crimea.  Both delivery systems are CAPABLE of delivering tactical nukes.  Neither Putin's statements, nor any intelligence gathering community assessments have yet to place a single Nuke in Krim.

The rag you're reading is known for making such unproven statements.  McKeon purposely did not state that Russia had moved Nukes into Krim.  Just that there was no way to assess whether they were, indeed, there.

Would you be willing to bet your life savings or your life, that they are not there?  Some on this forum had been blathering on about invading Crimea and taking it back.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1629 on: January 13, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
Of course not. 

But to state that there are Nukes in Crimea, when there is no evidence yet, of same, is to me an alarmist position made by a right-wing nut job rag.  There is going to be NO assault on Crimea presently.

My problem is that the paper asserted something it had NO proof of, but stated it as truth. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1630 on: January 13, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »
Of course not. 

But to state that there are Nukes in Crimea, when there is no evidence yet, of same, is to me an alarmist position made by a right-wing nut job rag.  There is going to be NO assault on Crimea presently.

My problem is that the paper asserted something it had NO proof of, but stated it as truth.

Very well, that makes sense.  Although clearly the referendum violated Ukraine's Constitution it's a moot point now and I think any talk of invading Crimea is senseless.  Crimea will likely remain part of Russia for our lifetimes.

I don't know what deals the Obama administration might be trying to make with Russia but I would not be surprised if they are offering recognition of Crimea in exchange for Russia getting out of E. Ukraine.

Like Shadow and most others I would like to see this conflict end without any further bloodshed.  There have been good points (IMO) made by Akmike, Brasscasing, BillyB, Gator and Mendeleyev and you as well.

I personally would be surprised if Putin has not already or is on an accelerated schedule to put some form of Nuclear weapons into Crimea.  It's just the sort of decisive person that he is and he doesn't care what the West thinks.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:04:07 PM by AC »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1631 on: January 13, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
Going down and going down!!
Let's hear from a few of those that were bragging how strong the Russian economy was and the west was wasting it's time on economic issues.
Putin is on borrowed time!!

1.00 USD   =   65.4691 RUB
US Dollar   ↔   Russian Ruble
1 USD = 65.4691 RUB   1 RUB = 0.0152744 USD
Convert again
RUB/USD thumbnailView Chart
Mid-market rates: 2015-01-13 21:01 UTC

Oil @ $43
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1632 on: January 13, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »

It doesn't matter.  We have seen this movie before.  In 1987, could any of us predict that the Russians would get creamed by a 4th rate country like Chechnya?   Time is not on Russia's side Billy.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1633 on: January 13, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »
Let's hear from a few of those that were bragging how strong the Russian economy was and the west was wasting it's time on economic issues.

Convert again

Oil @ $43

:clapping:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:28:48 PM by AC »

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1634 on: January 13, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »

Convert again

Oil @ $43

This is how it ends peacefully AC

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1635 on: January 13, 2015, 02:33:51 PM »
  Instead, they base the entire sensationalistic statement on the quote from Putin that two of the delivery systems, missiles and bombers, are being placed in Crimea.  Both delivery systems are CAPABLE of delivering tactical nukes.

It would be dumb for Russia to use nuclear capable missiles for another purpose such as deploy conventional weapons. There are cheaper options. But you are right in the sense that there is no proof there are actual nukes inside those missiles that were shipped to Crimea.

Neither Putin's statements, nor any intelligence gathering community assessments have yet to place a single Nuke in Krim.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov issued a statement Russia has the right to deploy nukes in Crimea. Russia once said they have the right to annex Crimea too. You may believe it was illegal for them to annex Crimea but why do you have faith that they'd play by the rules now? They feel it's their land and they can use it any way they wish. Russia is aggressive so aggressive moves don't surprise me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1636 on: January 13, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
It doesn't matter.  We have seen this movie before.  In 1987, could any of us predict that the Russians would get creamed by a 4th rate country like Chechnya?   Time is not on Russia's side Billy.

Chechnya is not a country and last I checked the Russians and their proxies were firmly in control of that area.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1637 on: January 13, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
Chechnya is not a country and last I checked the Russians and their proxies were firmly in control of that area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grozny_(1994%E2%80%9395)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1638 on: January 13, 2015, 04:30:48 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grozny_(1994%E2%80%9395)

Your post above claimed that Russia got whipped in 1987.  Certainly may have been a set back but your post does not acknowledge that Russia doesn't take set backs lightly.  Chechnya is under Russian and their proxy control.  The link you just provided was for 1994-1995, so what does that have to do with your original claim?

You like to ramble around a lot but you don't make many posts which are completely factually correct.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1639 on: January 13, 2015, 04:42:26 PM »

You like to ramble around a lot but you don't make many posts which are completely factually correct.

Given that you are in the habit of making entirely factually incorrect posts that  is a joke complaint coming from you.
You create a deliberate lies--with the intent to create mischief--  says it all about you.

:mooning:

How can you run with your trousers around your ankles?? :puke:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:45:08 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1640 on: January 13, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
Your post above claimed that Russia got whipped in 1987.  Certainly may have been a set back but your post does not acknowledge that Russia doesn't take set backs lightly.  Chechnya is under Russian and their proxy control.  The link you just provided was for 1994-1995, so what does that have to do with your original claim?

No, I did not make up such a claim.  Stop putting words in my mouth and stop conflating issues that irrelevant for discussion.  And quite frankly, I am no longer interested in having a discussion with someone who is so liberal with his insults.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1641 on: January 13, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »

Several people here have insisted Putin is crazy, I don't believe it is true...but going by their logic, giving the guy a wider berth may not be a bad idea...there will be a different time and different place, and perhaps a different leader....For now he is the leader of the a country that can do a lot of destruction with the nukes.  Clearly he will fight perhaps to the death for Crimea and perhaps other parts of Ukraine.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1642 on: January 13, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »
No, I did not make up such a claim.  Stop putting words in my mouth and stop conflating issues that irrelevant for discussion.  And quite frankly, I am no longer interested in having a discussion with someone who is so liberal with his insults.

Whipped or creamed; same thing.  Apparently you cannot remember what you posted a few minutes ago, and you think it's an insult if somebody calls you on your BS.

Chechnya is still not a country and it's still under control of the Russian Federation.  Care to post a retraction for your two mistakes in that one post alone?  Or perhaps a retraction for saying that the SU had 400 million residents during WWII?

I know, you think it's an insult if somebody points at the numerous inaccuracies in your posts.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1643 on: January 13, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »
Given that you are in the habit of making entirely factually incorrect posts that  is a joke complaint coming from you.
You create a deliberate lies--with the intent to create mischief--  says it all about you.

:rolleyes:  Was that even English?

Jay you are simply delusional.  You've now twice posted that NATO or somebody is going to invade Crimea and take it back.  Your pal LT just made a post that "Ukraine is going to march on Moscow".

Underestimating the enemy is a mortal flaw.  You clearly don't have a rational mind for this discussion, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1644 on: January 13, 2015, 08:12:39 PM »
:rolleyes:  Was that even English?

Jay you are simply delusional.  You've now twice posted that NATO or somebody is going to invade Crimea and take it back.  Your pal LT just made a post that "Ukraine is going to march on Moscow".

Underestimating the enemy is a mortal flaw.  You clearly don't have a rational mind for this discussion, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard.

You continually attempt to attribute words never said  eg "NATO or somebody is going to invade Crimea"  -- the only way to conclude I said that is to take out of context something I did say--- but -- I never used those words

Once again --another lie from you in a miserable attempt to create an incorrect conclusion-- so tell me again-- who is delusional?
"You clearly don't have a rational mind for this discussion, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard"
Your words--you need to take your own advice-have a look at your constant trolling of my posts-- and the persistent lies you seek to promote.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1645 on: January 13, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »

You continually attempt to attribute words never said  eg "NATO or somebody is going to invade Crimea"  -- the only way to conclude I said that is to take out of context something I did say--- but -- I never used those words

Once again --another lie from you in a miserable attempt to create an incorrect conclusion-- so tell me again-- who is delusional?
"You clearly don't have a rational mind for this discussion, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard"
Your words--you need to take your own advice-have a look at your constant trolling of my posts-- and the persistent lies you seek to promote.

Jay here is the post where you want a war with Ukraine "escalated".  The only person here telling lies is you Jay.

BB--maybe you missed what I have been saying---in the event of a Russian setback--it is more likely than not that Putin will escalate rather than going into his shell.
Depending on the degree of escalation--chances are Ukraine will get help from the "west".

What you are disputing is the capability of the west to handle Russia in a military sense--to which my response is -- that escalation will not only lead to the removal of Russia from the mainland Ukraine-but eventually out of Crimea .

See where you wrote that "Ukraine will get help from the "west". (?)  Who is the west Jay?????

The "west" is NATO.  Care to apologize to me and the forum for being so dishonest about what you wrote?????

Any sane person knows that if the "west" gets involved on Ukrainian soil, it will be the start of WWIII.

Is your life so boring that you want to start WWIII Jay?  Stop telling lies about what you posted.   :cluebat:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:02:19 PM by AC »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1646 on: January 13, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »
AC--like I said--not only are your comprehension skills lacking-- your dishonest attempts to make a case equals lying-- you keep doing it.

Take your own advice .

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1647 on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:29 AM »
AC--like I said--not only are your comprehension skills lacking-- your dishonest attempts to make a case equals lying-- you keep doing it.

Take your own advice .

Agree.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1648 on: January 14, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
Several people here have insisted Putin is crazy, I don't believe it is true...but going by their logic, giving the guy a wider berth may not be a bad idea...there will be a different time and different place, and perhaps a different leader....For now he is the leader of the a country that can do a lot of destruction with the nukes.  Clearly he will fight perhaps to the death for Crimea and perhaps other parts of Ukraine.

Fathertime!

Did you watch the Frontline piece last night?

He may not be crazy, but right now he is starting to feel cornered.

I believe the conclusion of that report was that Puter knows what will happen to him if he is deposed and he will do everything in power to keep his throne, even destroying the country in a nuclear war.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1649 on: January 14, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
Girls, please!!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541482
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701