It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is this for me?  (Read 19897 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Is this for me?
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »
Hey . . . this guy is not fake and he is not Dragon Kid.

And, it is not surprising to me that his English is not as carefully written as some others here.

Writing using good English is really a developed skill and takes some practice.

Many here have written tons of business reports, proposals, contracts, research finding, and even have publications in academic journals, etc.

Our OP is typical of the 'younger' generation who really didn't learn the basics of grammar as well as us older folk.  And he does not have to produce the finished written products that I mentioned above.  And, if we are to believe the movies about med school we observe that they have to furiously scribble down tons of notes from lectures where too much is thrown at them.  This leads to less than good habits when they subsequently write in their daily life outside medicine.

He focuses his energy (I hope) on keeping up with the medical literature (reading that is) and not on improving his casual English writing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:01:34 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »
And, it is not surprising to me that his English is not as carefully written as some others here.

Many prescriptions I've had written by doctors not legible. My wife thinks how I organize my paperwork on my desk is messy. A brilliant mind like Einstein can't even keep his hair organized so I tell her I'm a little like Einstein.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2016, 10:09:25 PM »
It does not sound like FSUW value or understand these qualities. Quite honestly dragonkid makes them sound like childish immature children little better than whores looking for a good time with no long term perspective of life, though what do you expect from a 25-27yo?

quite honestly , dragon kids views reflect his outlook on his activities and experiences with FSU women

his avatar should have given you a few clues  ;)

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »

Yes, I know quite a few writers making six and even seven digits a year and even their command of the English language is not what you would think. They hire proofreaders, follow certain formats, and even use software these days.

In regards to the age gap I see more of it here in the US than in Ukraine. Ten or twenty years here in Miami is quite common. We went out with a group of 12 people today in fact and all couples had more than 10 year age differences except the Russian couple on board the boat.

If everything the OP says is true he should have no issue as long as he is decent looking.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
Can someone who has been there explain to me the economic reality for the country and these women that I'm not quite understanding?

Many people in Ukraine have a second income to make ends meet. It is generally off the books and exceeds their taxable income. Some women on the sites also work for agencies or have men that send them money. Or they may live at home with extended family and have no mortgage payment.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Is this for me?
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2016, 12:24:37 AM »
smile at least.

Let's get back to the original reason that you've posted here.

Is this for you?

You can find an excellent woman in the FSU if you are reasonable and persistent.
It will take time, money and effort. Don't underestimate the time that you will have
to spend at this.

You need to spend some serious time researching this forum. You can learn a lot by
just reading, reading and reading some more.

My advice is to make a list of what you are seeking. You don't need to tell us what
your goals are here, but spend the time and write it down in some form.

Now I am going to write some cliche's, they might not apply to you but they became
cliche's because they are so often true.

1. Don't be surprised if you attract a gold digger if you use money as bait.
Don't tell any girl how much money you make. They won't understand how
much you have in expenses and you don't want to attract the wrong type of
girl.

2. The bigger the age gap the bigger the risk. You can find a beautiful
woman who is educated and interesting and funny, you just have to look for
them, but if they are 30+ you will find that you have more success and find
more serious girls.

3. If you don't know where you are going then any road will get you there.
Make a list, set your goals and then you can make a plan to make it happen.

4. Learn everything you can about this process now or you will learn it later.
There is a vast collection of things you can learn here. You don't have to repeat the
mistakes of others because most of the information that you need to know is here.
You can read about their mistakes and learn from them.

Udachi!

Bill

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:29:42 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2016, 06:57:22 AM »
Getting back to the finances:

OP, you say $350,000 a year.

But this is probably gross . . . right ?

Figure at least $100,000 in various taxes.

What is your medical malpractice insurance . . . $50,000 or more per year ?

So maybe this gets you down to $200,000.

Not that this makes much difference because $200,000 is great and probably twice as much as the average of the guys here.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline IndyUSAF

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »
You are going to have a much better chance at success than the other fella that just  showed up here with a two year degree making $40-45,000 per year.

Not that you are a better person than he is; just your chances are going to be much greater

ML....you and I going to have to tango at the rate you're going:)  No...he's probably a better person?  Lord help this woman if he's not?

Seriously Dr. Redwing.  This trophy wife thing has been the downfall of many men.  Don't get so hung up on looks.  Whats wrong with a 30 yr old "8" that feels like she might be moving past her childrearing prime in Ukraine and might be a little more motivated!  As has been stated...I don't make a ton of money but I did go thru about $25k with my last girlfriend of 1.5 years.  She was probably the most attractive woman I've ever dated and 10 years younger than me.  She would wear skirts and jaws would drop because women don't dress sexy in southside Indy.  I would go with her to her art shows and the metrosexuals there would stare at her.  Bottom line....she's a narcissist and a rotten person and hosed me in the end.  If you judge your future by arm candy status then you deserve what you get!

Offline IndyUSAF

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2016, 07:32:52 AM »
Dr. Redking rather.

Offline IndyUSAF

« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:10 AM »
Gator, I want love and I could marry here, but before you judge me too harshly, I live in a rural texas community without a lot of options. I cannot hide my income, I do feel like I get a lot of women interested in me AND my income. I don't like how American women act like they are entitled to a certain lifestyle period and a certain lifestyle if they date me. but once again, FSUW seem about the same. I came here because I wanted that woman that was surprised and grateful when she got the BMW, not one that expected and demanded it. Does that make sense? Oh well. FSUW were worth a thought but I think that the trait I am looking for is international in nature so I am looking for the needle in the proverbial haystack regardless of which nationality I date it.

Go back and watch Eddie Murphy's RAW standup routine.  He thought he would go get a b#*ch from the African bush and she'd be different...lol.  You do understand they will get used to America and talk to American women at some point.  I lived in Texas 11 years myself.  If you're in BFE Texas (ex had relatives in Odessa, Tx and Longview, Tx and they both qualify) then she's going to get bored quick.  Not to mention the long hours that doctors work.  You need substance over flash!!

Offline Jumper

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Well I appreciate the honesty and I think that maybe this just isn't for me then. If attractive Ukrainian women have so many men of means chasing them that I will not attract one without flashing my income and extending my retirement then I'll keep looking state side. In reality I intended to keep my income and profession private so as not to attract a woman that was little better than a call girl. Dragonkid might be right, though I may have sufficient income, I am not a spender and I am probably not willing to spend enough of it to obtain the foreign bride that I want. Though to be fair, my definition of a 9 might be a bit lower than dragonkid's and I would be perfectly happy with a woman 15 years younger and not 20.

Thank you for the insight all.

I'm not a huge fan of American women, you can't hide that you make a little money and you can't help but feel they are looking for a lifestyle up grade. To be honest, I want a woman that isn't to high maintenance, one that doesn't want to spend a lot on shopping and live high on the hog off my dime.

I dint read the whole thread,  and this was likely already gone over, I'l still add my 2 cents lol

Women everywhere are individuals,
they come in every personality imaginable.
So, you could find what you are looking for stateside, or in the FSU.
 There is no way to reasonably say whether your odds are better looking for a needle in the US  haystack, vs the FSU one.
  I can say the FSU would add the challenges of differences in language and culture, which is pretty big. It also adds logistical challenges in getting to know someone really well , and if unwilling to tackle that one head on by simply spending the time regardless any outcome, its best to forget it as marrying a stranger is akin Russian roulette.
 So best to decide if you feel its worth that added trouble right off the  bat,so it's good you are here asking the questions.

Offline AnonMod

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
Not extravagance, but a life-long upper income lifestyle and the knowledge that her children will have vastly more opportunity than they would if she stayed in the Ukraine? Is that not enough?

Yep, your candidates are what you refer to as "high-maintenance." I can see why the appeal for a foreign woman. Not abreast with divorce laws in the US.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541274
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701