It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Just another introduction  (Read 32997 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Just another introduction
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 01:20:47 AM »
Thanks for the advice, but already decided to buy a ticket last night. I set my visit for middle of March, with work that is the soonest I could get free. I actually go after what I want, type A personally. But also don't want her to feel that I  dictating her life. And yes I know they say RW like to have a decisive man.

ppl Average $65 a week. This is helping her and me get comfortable with each other. We actually decided together on the ppl site amorousstory, it is the cheapest I could find. We also use the whatsup app, I just translate using Google translate into Russian and to English. She did not say she didn't want me to visit, she just wanted to try to come here first. We have very similar views on topics, I love her personality, similar tastes on food, and entertainment and not ignoring the fact she is beautiful. I am sure if it does not work and I am in Moscow it would not be a wasted visit.

DC, this site I spoke of earlier is similar to amorousstory, it is http://youandme-we.com/. It uses same professional translation service company, Online-Translator.biz.

Main page on both is 2 pieces of jigsaw puzzle with you & me on each piece.

Several girls suggested to use this youandme for our communication. They were adamant that using google translate were too difficult for them. Beautiful young black haired gals, 3, all from Moscow. I joined to check it out. 6 cents per word( discounts if putting more money into account). I still get letters from girls yet don't visit site at all.

Since I go to Moscow often, I suggested meeting them in Moscow, didn't go well.

Not saying the gal you speak to is same but does have some similarities.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 01:37:54 AM »

DC, this site I spoke of earlier is similar to amorousstory, it is http://youandme-we.com/. It uses same professional translation service company, Online-Translator.biz.

Main page on both is 2 pieces of jigsaw puzzle with you & me on each piece.

Several girls suggested to use this youandme for our communication. They were adamant that using google translate were too difficult for them. Beautiful young black haired gals, 3, all from Moscow. I joined to check it out. 6 cents per word( discounts if putting more money into account). I still get letters from girls yet don't visit site at all.

Since I go to Moscow often, I suggested meeting them in Moscow, didn't go well.

Not saying the gal you speak to is same but does have some similarities.

OP has not addressed my comments -- funny how guys are happy to indulge the backslappers and high fivers but ignore words of caution  !!

LAman ,You are  amongst the guys now with the real world exposure that gets all this -- the funny thing is how guys chose to ignore what is harder to digest.
It is a long line of shooting stars that get burnt and forget to return to tell us their story.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »
OP has not addressed my comments -- funny how guys are happy to indulge the backslappers and high fivers but ignore words of caution  !!

LAman ,You are  amongst the guys now with the real world exposure that gets all this -- the funny thing is how guys chose to ignore what is harder to digest.
It is a long line of shooting stars that get burnt and forget to return to tell us their story.
I told her how much I am spending on translation, and her response was to offer me money to pay for the translation. So this makes me doubt she is making money off the translation service. Besides I know for a fact she does not need the money. I have no reason to not believe she is who she says she is. We agreed I will write shorter messages and not as often. Why would she do this if it was a scam? It seems to me she would be encouraging me to write more. If it is a scam I will be sure to post up. I just realized why I got off forum's.

LA thank you for the information, I will tread with great caution. Since I joined the ppl site I get emails all the time from other women. I just ignore them.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:41:11 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline JayH

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
I told her how much I am spending on translation, and her response was to offer me money to pay for the translation. So this makes me doubt she is making money off the translation service. Besides I know for a fact she does not need the money. I have no reason to not believe she is who she says she is. We agreed I will write shorter messages and not as often. Why would she do this if it was a scam? It seems to me she would be encouraging me to write more. If it is a scam I will be sure to post up. I just realized why I got off forum's.

LA thank you for the information, I will tread with great caution. Since I joined the ppl site I get emails all the time from other women. I just ignore them.

Before  you get your knickers in a twist -go back and read ALL my comments -- and try answering them.
I do not think anyone reading here is believing 100% in your case --there are some real questions. If you want a cheer squad to applaud you - wrong place.-- the bottom line is the forum can help you a lot more than you add to the forum.

ps  telling her how much you are spending is a really dumb thing to do
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »
I answered enough, but thanks, I actually never meant this to go this deep, or this much information. I appreciate the information y'all have given. I don't need a cheerleader by the way.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:03:35 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 05:41:35 PM »
 :welcome: DC

I haven't contributed yet so I will say this to you - on this venture sometimes you just have to go over there and get thd experience. Without any experience in the FSU of dating its difficult to see where members are coming from when they give you advice. To see where they are coming from you need a context to fit it into, experiencs of what went right and wrong on dating outings in the FSU.

I think at this stage you need to get the experience. If you can move up the travel to visit her approximately a month from now. Book yourself into a decent hotel in Moscow and you hire out a terp (your choice of terp NOT hers) and find our about this lady. Investing months longer of time & money on internet messaging is silly until you arrive there and determine if there is chemistry. This will able to be dwtermined within the first 15 minutes or less of meeting.

Normally I wouldn't visit a lady in the winter but I think in this situation you have already fired thd starting gun and it is in your interest to now move on this one quick. If you time it right you could hit their festive Christmas period (Orthodox calender) and it will be a classic festive Russian snowy all lights shining Christmas theme over there :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »

Good to proceed with caution. I always question things as they proceed( in my mind).

Not good idea to tell girl how much you are spending, most likely she will think you are cheap. Maybe that is why she offered to pay?

I am not so sure it is a scam and girl is getting paid somehow. But I could never figure out girl motives other than she didn't want to put more time and effort to communicate.
Most girl's I have found, with any level of English comprehension, have communicated in English language, whether it be viber, WhatsApp, skype or emails.

I am curious this girl's response to you telling her you are visiting in March. She may not get time off.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2018, 07:00:55 PM »
DC could see the girl in the evenings and at the weekend or outside whatever her work hours are. Some do work long hours and it's best to make sure he can see her for a few hours here or there. For the rest of the time he could do tourist stuff or date other women. He may get there and find her no good in which case spending time with he'd would no longer be a concern. There's worse places to be stuck than Moscow :D

I'm currently communicating with a girl in Belarus with hardly any English language skills. Our of the girls I have meg with poor English skills she really is on the virtually non existent end. Not often a girl is that devoid of English language skills but it happens. She's as sound as a pound though :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »
Trench coat, I would love to do what you are suggesting, but with what I do for a living, there is absolutely no way possible. I am extremely curious, I would live to be able to drop in like that, I even have the money to do that. She is even going to her parents for the holidays, give me a chance to meet them. But trust me when I say, it would have huge consequences. And thank you for not asking questions. Not sure that was intentional.
LA she has no English skills. Her response was if her visa did not come through, she would welcome my visit and would take time off work, as she was already planning it to come visit me. But understands I am working on a huge project and can't take alot of time off, that is one of the reasons she wanted to come to me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:16:23 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline ML

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »
Just some facts here.

1. It doesn't mean that FSU gals are not insincere or not scammers just because they don't ask you for money.  There is extensive word of mouth from other FSU gals and even lessons wherein they are advised not to ask for money because it is well known that many (most) western men are generous and eventually they will offer to give the gal money anyway.

2. It doesn't mean that FSU gals are not insincere or not scammers just because they tell you that they want to pay their own way to come visit you in your country or meet in a third country.  There is extensive word of mouth from other FSU gals and even lessons wherein they are advised to tell that they will pay because it is well known that many (most) western men are generous and eventually they will offer to give the gal money to pay for the trip anyway.

3.  It doesn't mean that FSU gals are not insincere or not scammers just because they don't ask for you to pay for English lessons for them. There is extensive word of mouth from other FSU gals and even lessons wherein they are advised not to ask man to pay for English lessons because it is well known that many (most) western men are generous and eventually they will offer to give the gal money to pay for the English lessons anyway.

4. It doesn't mean that FSU gals are not insincere or not scammers just because they don't ask you to buy them a new I-phone or computer.  There is extensive word of mouth from other FSU gals and even lessons wherein they are advised not to ask for such because it is well known that many (most) western men are generous and eventually they will offer to give the gal money to buy these items anyway.

5. The insincere and scammer gals are much more informed and savvy than are most of the western guys who undertake this venture.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2018, 07:16:11 PM »
Just some facts here.

5. The insincere and scammer gals are much more informed and savvy than are most of the western guys who undertake this venture.

Boom boom !!!!! :deadhorse:

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
I used to have, emphasize used to, friend that is a cop, knew him since middle school all the way into our thirties. We did everything together, I mean everything. Best of friends. Until one day we were at HD and he tackled this guy he thought was stealing a some expensive electrical circuit breaker. He had been conditioned because he was always around bad people to start thinking everyone was bad. The guy had brought it from home for comparison btw. Although great advice you are giving, some of you come across this way too me.

I am not stupid and know there are a lot of scammers out there, believe me I have met more than my share. But I have chosen to try to see the good in people before assuming they are scammers. I have met some women that as young girls it is not what they choose todo it was circumstances that put them on that path. Can I loose alot of money? Yeah. As long as I am not communicating with Boris, then I am good, and this lady, I have been able to corroborate her story.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:36:15 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline ML

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »
But I have chosen to try to see the good in people before assuming they are scammers.

Note:  No one here (I think) is telling you that your current gal or any other gal you might get involved with is a scammer.  And no one is telling you to assume any particular gal is a scammer.

However, nothing this gal has told you and nothing you have told us about this gal indicates she is not insincere . . . since those gals are well trained on how to conceal their end game.

You really won't know . . . until you have met her, spent many days with her on first trip, and many days with her on subsequent trips.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »
And one example of just how hard it is to know if you have a sincere gal or not.

Met a gal on a WMVM visit.
Returned to meet with her exclusively.
She came to live with me in my rented apartment in her city.
One day she returned home to me from work, and handed me an envelope containing several hundred USD and Euros . . . but it was not counted out by she or I.
She asked me to keep the money in my apartment as one of her neighbors had been robbed.
Later, we went to theatre and forgot to take her money with us.
As we were leaving theatre, she said she needed to go directly to her own apartment, and I should go back to my apartment where the money was.

I thought . . . oh, oh . . . she can return later and claim that there was X amount more in the envelope than she had actually left with me.

Police would come . . . I would go off to jail and be in for a nightmare.

So I insisted that she come back to my apartment and spend the night.
I didn't tell her my specific reasoning, but she probably figured it out.
Next morning, I counted out the money and had her indicate amount and sign on the envelope.

End result . . . she was a super great gal and never caused me any trouble.
She was NOT in any way insincere or a scammer . . . but you can never know for certain ahead of time.

Offline jone

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018, 09:22:46 PM »
I used to have, emphasize used to, friend that is a cop, knew him since middle school all the way into our thirties. We did everything together, I mean everything. Best of friends. Until one day we were at HD and he tackled this guy he thought was stealing a some expensive electrical circuit breaker. He had been conditioned because he was always around bad people to start thinking everyone was bad. The guy had brought it from home for comparison btw. Although great advice you are giving, some of you come across this way too me.

I am not stupid and know there are a lot of scammers out there, believe me I have met more than my share. But I have chosen to try to see the good in people before assuming they are scammers. I have met some women that as young girls it is not what they choose todo it was circumstances that put them on that path. Can I loose alot of money? Yeah. As long as I am not communicating with Boris, then I am good, and this lady, I have been able to corroborate her story.

I have an acquaintance of mine.  Kind of a doofus.  He went to meet a woman from Russia around 2006.   Married her.  Brought her back to Southern California.   A couple of years ago we met by chance and I asked him whatever happened to his wife.   He said that she left him the day she got her green card.   He was quite bitter about the whole adventure and mentioned that she was living the high life in San Francisco and that, while they lived together for four years, she had always planned to move out on him when she was legal.

The point that I am making is that you need to see inside the person you are with.   And understand what makes her tick.   Many people don't do that even with their Western wives.   But you will know the goodness and kindness that makes up your woman.   If she is good and kind then it is likely she will be marrying for the right reasons.

No matter what, it is always a crap shoot.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2018, 09:34:22 PM »
I told her how much I am spending on translation, and her response was to offer me money to pay for the translation.

She knows most guys aren't going to accept her money so she knew your answer already and it works good for her since you'll believe she's a good woman.

When a man complains about the price of something when it involves his woman, it's a turn off for most FSU women. If she's got money and can travel to you, it's a bigger turn off. She's offered to pay big to see you and you're complaining about the cost of translation.

If a woman likes you, she'd try to save your money. Her answer to pay you for translation is the wrong response or a test.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Continue to communicate with and date lots of women in case this doesn't pan out. Some guys insist on one woman at a time only to realize they wasted months of their life on her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2018, 10:26:57 PM »

GET ON A PLANE!   Now!

Am curious as to why when Skype offers free translation service - and it is as good as the PPLs, and it is free, why would you not switch to it?   The end result of your conversation, no matter how you couch it, is that you're still paying for a PPL service.   Were it me, I would simply say:  Let's talk on Skype.   (But I never would have gone to PPL in the first place.)

Do the math:  Three months of talking on PPL equals one round trip plane ticket to Moscow.   

I will tell you something that may make sense to you.   Moscow is a single flight from many US cities.   You can get your visa, leave on a Thursday night, get there Sat morning, leave on Monday afternoon.   A long weekend will go a long way to understand if you have chemistry.   If you can't get away for a Friday and a Monday, then you really shouldn't be entertaining meeting such a woman.

You see, chemistry is everything in this endeavor.   You have no idea, right now, whether the two of you will succeed.   Once you meet.  Hold her in your arms.  Kiss her.   Then you will have a good idea.   The rest of this is just mental masturbation.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2018, 10:59:12 PM »
I suggested the same Jone that DC would be best of getting on a plane BUT he is apparently locked down with a major project at work and the girl would find it tricky taking time of at the moment too apparently. I respect his answer that he is too locked down to get out there. Sure he might be able to do visa, flight, etc just to be there a day or so at say a weekend but it's a big outlay for meagre  time out there.

On that score IF there is chemistry it is worth it, bit if not it has all been a log of time, effort and expense for a something that would probably feel like a bollock kicking given all the trouble that would probably see as much time travelling as feet on the ground.

That's the big problem with just chatting to girls online in FSU Dating. Normally one pops up ever so often/few weeks and the want to visit from one if not both sides becomes pressing. It's then a case of an impromptu visit to one girl - a visit one - VO. It's why I don't message girls usually over the winter period, I know I don't want to travel then and I want to move on a girl straight away if we seem to wish it. How I would love to break the boredom sometimes by messaging a foxy girl over winter bit I know that would end in the urge to meet.

I'm messaging with one girl on a slow basis at the moment and I've told her I'm planning a visit in thd Spring. If I do go to visit her though I will do it as a VM. I've done a fair few VO outings now to realise that it's just too random for my liking. Many good FSW but not all are suitable and it's good to have a choice too I think.

I think BillyB gives some great advice above and is worth noting :)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2018, 01:20:11 AM »
Also you met on a dating site.  Not introduced by friends.  Those other guys who are prepared to visit in December or January must be looking good.  I have no problem with the fact my g f was talking to many.  I got on a plane and sealed the deal.  Obviously I keep an eye out for bad behaviour now.  My g f is an 8 so men are hitting on her all the time I just am the best option.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2018, 01:39:38 PM »
Thank you for the advice. It is good recommendation. Like I said I can't drop everything and leave, believe me I want to but can't, if I lost my really good job, that would not be any good for me or her.

Offline jone

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2018, 01:51:52 PM »
A long weekend is not ditching work.   As I stated above, you have nothing currently.   Everything is in the meeting.   And you are flying halfway around the world for, essentially, a blind date.

Offline ML

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »
A long weekend is not ditching work.   As I stated above, you have nothing currently.   Everything is in the meeting.   And you are flying halfway around the world for, essentially, a blind date.

I am not in favor of weekend or even long-weekend trips for guys from USA.

The guy will be totally out of it, so increases the chances of miscommunications and misunderstandings while the two are together.

And while a short time together might show that they are incompatible, it will not show that they are really compatible.  This latter case (seeming compatibility) will just get the guy and gal further enamored, leading to more pain when things ultimately don't work out.

So a lot of money, just to prove incompatible.

Much better to do a lengthy WMVM trip.

Short trips might be OK for European guys, but not for USA, Canadian, and AUS/NZ guys.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »
Also you met on a dating site.  Not introduced by friends.  Those other guys who are prepared to visit in December or January must be looking good.  I have no problem with the fact my g f was talking to many.  I got on a plane and sealed the deal.  Obviously I keep an eye out for bad behaviour now.  My g f is an 8 so men are hitting on her all the time I just am the best option.

Is your gf living in the FSU while you are living in the UK?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2018, 04:47:40 PM »
I think DC has already made the mistake of communication with girl too long before he can visit. He's probably going to just have to live with it and have a long lead up time to the meet up in three months or whatever. It's doable but so often a pain. If he's getting attached to seeing her lie it sounds he is its a wrench having to wait it out. If he wasn't feeling as attached he could wait it out easier particularly if girl was not real enthusiastic with her communication. He's just going to have to stick it out and have as much fun with it he can. The PPL cost stuff he's kind of got himself stuck into that one. Unless he's willing to ditch the girl or say to her to put up with online translation then there's not much he can do with that one. He's choice really and I guess he's got the money for it not to be a worry anyway even if it turns out to be an expensive lesson.

I guess DC's situation is kind of like a US presidential candidate deciding too early to announce their running for President. Essentially they have to carry it a long way then they really need to.

Offline JayH

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2018, 05:30:08 PM »
I am not in favor of weekend or even long-weekend trips for guys from USA.

The guy will be totally out of it, so increases the chances of miscommunications and misunderstandings while the two are together.

And while a short time together might show that they are incompatible, it will not show that they are really compatible.  This latter case (seeming compatibility) will just get the guy and gal further enamored, leading to more pain when things ultimately don't work out.

So a lot of money, just to prove incompatible.

Much better to do a lengthy WMVM trip.

Short trips might be OK for European guys, but not for USA, Canadian, and AUS/NZ guys.

Yeah,but!   ML --the guy has already assured us that she is hot for him and he has an established relationship -bar the one issue -they have not actually met!!!!!!

So a couple of days there to consummate the relationship should be fine :cheesy:

a fwiw -- I do not agree that a weekend is a waste of time -it is long enough to get a start-so to speak. In this case -the guy will spend more on his definite maybe if he waits .Going can take all the negatives out -- and who knows-maybe light a fire !
On the travelling issue -how old are these guys -100 yo?   FCS- sitting on your backside napping for 10 hours or so from the US is a nothing.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM